Strategic IT executive with proven success record in planning, capacity/cost projections, IT governance, and IT security solutions. Experienced in government, legal, healthcare and banking IT environments. Logical thinker and strong communicator. Quality-driven leader.
Operating Systems Environments: Windows server 2003, 2008, 2012, Linux, Mac OSX, Vmware, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Cisco IOS
Tools: Microsoft Office, Office 365, McAfee Epolicy Orchestrator, OpenText DM, Aderant CMS, PaperCut Print Management, Cisco Unified Communications, routers and switches.
- Implemented all projects using the Microsoft Operations Framework in order to deliver consistent service quality and measurable expectations to the executive board.
- Restructuring the IT operations in order to weave IT and data security across the whole organization. The changes have benefited the firm's operations by providing lawyers and paralegals with the tools and information they need when they need it, where they need it.
- Consolidated a diverse hardware infrastructure environment around Cisco solutions for switching, routing and PBX. This resulted in fewer, more comprehensive service contracts and made ongoing support and training more cohesive.
- Migrated all physical servers to a local VMware cloud. This resulted in significant power and cooling savings in the data center and made it easier to have matching development and production environments.
- Having a virtualized environment made it easier to migrate portions to the cloud. Email, backup and some file servers have been migrated to Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services. The firm has enjoyed easier data availability and flexibility thanks to these initiatives.
- Consolidated the development of the firm's proprietary applications and modules to use Microsoft development tools. This made it easier to integrate development to the overall operations framework and ensure consistency.
- As part of the firm's Technologycommittee developed a technology roadmap based on International Legal Technology Association studies and customized to the firm's goals and challenges.
- Prepared fluid job descriptions and mission statements for all IT groups and personnel designed to change as technology and business needs evolve.
- Developed the plan to insure all the firm's divisions are GLBA compliant.
Business Systems Manager
- Responsible for the Systems Engineer group at Computer Paradise, Inc. Coordinate and carry out project plans for IT projects.
- Negotiated and managed the outsourcing of Infrastructure IT Operations for Municipio Aut nomo de Caguas. Successfully integrated the outsourced resources with the City's IT team, creating a unified and highly efficient organization. This enabled the City employees to receive better, more agile IT for a fraction of previous costs. Established new security procedures and products to better protect the City's data.
- Technical consultant for the first large-scale virtualization project in Puerto Rico. Insurance company Triple S migrated 76 physical servers to 3 Vmware servers, dramatically reducing power and cooling requirements in their data center. The project would go on to grow to several hundred servers over the years.
- Project Manager to Triple S migration from heterogeneous storage environment to an IBM DS8000 drive array.
- Project Manager and Technical Advisor to Triple S for their Excelis imlementation project. This was a multiyear project during wich I was in charge of hardware technical specifications and installations and coordinating the design of databases and storage environment.
- Apply technology and methods to improve efficiency of client IT operations.
- Prepare, manage and support outsourcing engagements with government agencies and private clients to run their full IT operations or complement their IT staff.
- Management business relationship with industry partners.
- IBM Advocate at CP Corp. for competitive engagements. Was brought in to accounts such as COSVI to migrate them from a mostly HP environment to an IBM/Lenovo environment.
- Managed the migration of Novell Netware to Windows servers. This included file servers and the migration of Groupwise email to Exchange
- Designed and implemented IT Infrastructure standards bringing an heterogeneous environment into a homogeneous, easier to manage one.
- Instituted IT Security measures that resulted in a more stable, secure infrastructure.
- Took charge of Carolina plant IT operations and brought it up to par with the rest of the organization in terms of infrastructure, hardware and procedures.
- Documented IT infrastructure and implemented product update/patching strategy.
- Conducted top to bottom Risk Assessment of the IT Organization. Identified several areas that needed improvement and designed plans to correct them.
- Infrastructure Project Manager for Reliable Financial Services migration to a custom Oracle banking platform that resulted in major efficiencies throughout the bank. For example, the new tools enabled credit officers to process 20 more applications a day.
- Managing integration of Reliable Financial Services IT infrastructure into Norwest Corp. after Norwest acquired the bank. I would embark a similar project a few years later after Norwest merged with Wells Fargo.
- Infrastructure Technical lead for Y2K remediation efforts for Wells Fargo properties in Puerto Rico Island Finance and Reliable Financial Services . Selected as a Wells Fargo Star Performer after successfully steering the IT organization during the Y2K situation.
- Responsible for Help Desk, Network and Mail Room operations
- Responsible for IT product lifecycle and procurement.
- Developed and maintained business continuity procedures.
- Developed and supervised tech support help desk.
- Planned and executed equipment upgrades, down to environmentally responsible disposition of obsolete equipment.
- Deployed and maintained PeopleSoft HR system.
- Design, implementation and support of LAN and WAN solutions for several clients.
- Installed and maintained LAN to mainframe gateways.
- Developed help desk and maintenance contracts.
- Project manager for several government and banking industry IT infrastructure projects.
- Provided computer security assessments on both sides of company firewalls.
- Designed, deployed and maintained corporate email systems.