MS Word, MS Power Point
MS Excel, MS Access, Outlook
An accomplished Senior Business Analyst having 8 years of diversified experience and successful implementations in Information Technology involving in-depth understanding of Business Process Flows, Software Development Life Cycle, Process design, Business and functional requirements, Business case preparation, Development and Testing.
CHRONOLOGICAL SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
Present Business Analyst
UML, RUP, MS Visio, Windows 2000/NT/XP, Microsoft Office 2008, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS SQL Server 2008
- Gathered requirements from Business Partners/SMEs.
- Conducted Joint Application Development JAD sessions with stakeholders.
- Conducted Impact and GAP analysis on the business requirement.
- Created a new workflow to accommodate the new Federal credit card regulation related to fee, over limit and over limit fee.
- Created a workflow for suspending and un-suspending DDA numbers directly from the customer care advisor screen to facilitate the credit card payments.
- Conducted reverse engineering of the existing vendor system OBTM and developed the solution in-house for better integration with existing chase systems.
- Modified existing workflow to accommodate change request from the client.
- Updated Impact and Trace Matrix.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in banking concepts such as Derivatives, Portfolio Management, and Wealth Management etc.
- Vast knowledge of functional concepts of Risk Management focusing around Credit Risk, Operations Risk and Market Risk.
- Using information gathered from the stakeholders produced various artifacts such as use-case specifications, software requirements specifications, screen mock-ups, workflow, Functional. Specification Documents, use case/diagrams and activity diagrams as per JPMC SDLC methodology
- Maintained ongoing communication with back-end developers ensuring that modifications and requirements were addressed in a time manner and monitored all revisions.
- Participated in functional and technical reviews.
- Worked with QA team to design test strategy and test cases for User Acceptance Testing UAT .
- Liaise with technical, project management, SME, client teams and other Business Analysts spread across globally to assist in the development, testing and deployment of application.
- Lead, monitored, and supervised users sessions and interviews.
- Gathered, analyzed/researched and formulated data and process flows for projects with moderate to high levels of complexity.
- Created business requirements document and converted the business requirements to functional requirements by the help of use cases and activity diagrams.
- Defined and documented detailed, functional business requirements, including systems scope and objectives.
- Developed and managed information systems documentation in accordance with the Department's standards
- Ensured IT understanding of requested modifications of more complex projects, and the accuracy of their technical documents.
- Worked extensively in XML and HL7 messaging standards.
- Gained detailed knowledge and experience working on HIPAA , mapping of ICD-9, and ICD -10 to the services provided by agency's clinics
- Created a solution matrix document to analyze the solutions for the gathered requirements.
- Performed business data analysis and created questions packages for the case management system.
- Worked extensively in gathering reporting requirements for the canned, customs, and ad-hoc reports.
- Defined User Interface UI data types, default, and validations by creating the data structure matrix.
- Worked with the development team to convey the requirements efficiently.
- Performed functional testing and helped in UAT.
- Created user guides for users to use the application.
Environment: Modified waterfall, Jira, Confluence, Java, Ms Visio, Ms SQL Server , Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Powerpoint, Ms SharePoint.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Conducted user interviews, workshops JAD sessions to understand and articulate business requirements and converted requirements into technical specifications.
- Interacted with cross functional teams to facilitate gathering of business requirements.
- Served as a liaison between clients and technical staff to resolve conflicts.
- Prepared user/business requirements, functional specifications and Use Case System documents.
- Responsible for defining the scope and business rules of the project, gathering business requirements and documenting them textually or using models.
- Performed GAP analysis to identify mismatch between system functionality and business requirements and segregated those into high/low level Use Cases and Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Assisted with change, issue, quality and risk management activities, and generated management reports on weekly and monthly basis.
- Used Query Analyzer, Execution Plan to optimize SQL Queries
- Created full SDLC project documentation, including: requirements, functional design, technical design, and specs using SnagIt, MS Word and Team Foundation Server.
- Conducted the FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders, and performed feasibility and adaptability study.
- Developed detailed business flows through both high-level and detailed Visio diagrams.
- Conducted Risk Analysis and Credit Risk Estimation Analysis like Regression Analysis.
- Prepared a package of Process flow diagrams to document the existing system.
- Created and updated project status, requirements and diagrams using RUP methodology.
- Reconciliation of ACH Wire Transfer/Rejects, SWIFT Rejects, and daily processing files.
- Worked on design list and documented requirements to meet industry regulations.
- Oversaw Internet Banking, Bill Payment, Telephone Banking, Mobile Banking, ATM, ACH, Wire Transfer, Check 21 and miscellaneous electronic banking functions.
- Hosted review meetings with offshore development teams and QA teams.
- Performing Web Testing, User Interface Testing, Negative Testing, Positive testing, User Acceptance Testing and Baseline Testing.
- Wrote test plans, organized UAT testing effort and effectively communicated results to the project team.
- Performed training of the end users.
- Participated in the walkthroughs and meetings specifically for Claims and Membership modules.
- Involved in preparing daily, weekly and monthly project trending and analysis using Excel Pivot Tables, V-lookups and graphical representation.
- Involved in cross-functional teams, developing new ways to boost efficiency and delivering results in a fast changing environment to achieve company goal.
- Used Agile development methods to promote development iterations, team work, collaboration and process adaptability and strong experience with XP.
- Documented all business rules for southwest.com partnership with TSA. Implemented Standardized
- Wrote the user stories for the development of southwest.com TSA enhancements
- Documented the backend system flow for Southwest.com integration with the TSA .
- Wrote all user stories and tasks for the Ding Replatform
- Managed testing and development teams priority list by analyzing complexity, risks, dependencies
- Worked closely with key stakeholders to determine project decisions
- Developed the foundation for southwest.com business repository allowing visibility across teams
- Knowledge sharing and maintaining the process flows between various departments involved in the project.
- Helped in the communication, status reports with Senior management.
- Design Document, Use Cases, Flowcharts, Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence diagram.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document, Functional Requirement Document, Detail Design Document, Interface
- Facilitated and managed Joint Application Development JAD sessions with committee of SMEs
- Interacted with Experienced Users about the various process involved in the role of an agent.
- Participated in weekly status meetings to present status and incorporate any digressions from the original scope.
- Studied existing business application and processes, current source system, collected end user requirements and suggested the improvised business process model.
- Participated in meetings with SME and managers to capture different business Processes, plans and functionality in a detail.
- Conducted and participated in the JAD session with the SMEs and project team members
- Worked with the clients on the verification process for the requirement phase documents
- Worked as a liaison between the business and technical side to convey the business needs to the system architects
- from various business areas to gather Business Requirement and Functional Requirement.
- Process throughout the software Development Life Cycle SDLC .
- Supported development of UAT cycle test scripts, Review User Acceptance Test Plan UATP and attend walkthrough.
- Responsible for gathering information from Customer service agents and supervisors to produce Business requirements Documents Functional Requirements Documents.
- Work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze communicate and validate requirements for changes to business model, policies and information systems
- Brainstormed Business Process Model for phase-by-phase deployment approach on transformation project.
- Defined the scope, financial Projections and Cost Benefit Analysis Progressed from problem statement to well documented Design.
- Defined Functional Requirements and segregated them into high level and low level use cases, activity diagrams using UML.
- Followed the UML based methods using Rational Requisite Pro to create business flow diagrams, Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, State diagrams, Sequence and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Used RUP a software engineering process to configure and develop processes, standards and procedures.
- Performed cost benefit analysis for COTS Commercial off the shelf tools versus developing the app in-house
- Designed and developed Project document templates based on SDLC Methodologies.
- Communicated Project Requirements, Business Issues, created Solutions and made recommendations.
- Supported Onshore Offshore Management, Hiring Managers contingent workers
- Performed GAP Analysis.
- Worked as a liaison between the developers and management, and was instrumental in resolving conflicts between stakeholders and technical development teams.
- Actively involved with PM in developing Timelines for Project Delivery and Managed Projects and Resources to successful completion.
- Developed training material for functional and process improvements.
- Reviewed Test plan, Test Condition and Test Cases and determined that they all meet the actual requirements.
- Carried out UAT by developing test plans, test scenarios, test cases, and test data to be used in testing based on business and user requirements, technical specifications of the product.
- Actively involved in System and Inte gration Testing.
Business Systems Analyst
- Analyze the requirement understand compliance complications as per D.0 5010 HIPPA
- Understand the HIPAA Regulation 835 implementation guide and gathering requirement from the BRD for compliance regulation.
- Worked on Pharmacy Benefit Management PBM
- Requirement gathering for Negative Balance Forwarding regulation.
- Complete a through comparison of the present manual system to the required automated system.
- Conduct Joint Application Development sessions with various teams for requirement gathering and documenting meeting minutes
- Created Business Process Modeling Notation BPMN using swim lanes and use cases for the exploration phase.
- Developed and maintained business process modeling notation BPMN standards for flow charting, developed and maintained flow diagrams, using Visio, of all identified processes.
- Created and maintained use cases, requirements and design documentation. Also organized and led JAD sessions for process improvement and optimization.
- Worked with Project Tracking System for information tracking and traceability
- Work with the business owner and SME for audit compliance for each of the deliverable.
- Defined and implemented site experiment funnel workflow that helped scale optimization practice from one product on one site to all available products on 14 sites. Created templates that improved adaptation of optimization process by all product specialists.
- Structured test identification, design, and execution activities across multiple development teams ensuring application of valid site testing practice and comprehensive statistical analysis while overseeing the expansion of optimization efforts that resulted in triple increase in test velocity.
- Guided product strategy and product development teams thought the split testing and multivariate testing principles, statistically supported test design using standard Design of Experiments methodologies and development of hypothesis.
- Identified opportunities for improvement of customer experience through detailed audit of user interaction with the site, competitive analysis and ideas extracted from product strategy and business requirements.
- Prioritized pipeline of test candidates based on revenue impact, technical complexities and potential conflict with other experiments. Estimated duration by calculating necessary sample size required to detect statistically significant impact.
- Created distinctive and catchy acronym for site optimization efforts ASSET Advanced Scientific Site Experience Testing - that got instantly adapted across the organization. Understand the inbound and outbound systems in this process
- Conduct JAD work sessions to understand the working system impact
- Create work scenarios and work session to come up to the most economical scenario of change.
- Create layout and mockup of the change to be made in form of the report.
- Worked on Impact analysis for each of the systems and their sub entities for both inbound and outbound systems
- Create business requirement and functional requirements using optimal trace.
- Work with the technical team for the development of Member and Rx number expansion
- Having cross functional review where in required for setup.
- Creating tractability between the business requirement and functional requirements.
- Work with the QA team for testing.
- Worked closely with overall client program manager and ensured major issues/ risks were covered for major website and backend revamp release. Integrated project plan and worked closed on estimating budget based on level of effort for the project.
- Strategized and managed a 20M budget and resource coordination for major milestones. Managed client meetings, ensured milestones were reached and time delivery of high quality deliverables.
- Received regular client appreciation helping in the extension of the project.