- More than fifteen years of experience installing, implementing and patching Great Plains financial and distribution software Versions 5.5 to 2010, including system design and trouble shooting as well as SQL server setup and training Experience with ODBC setup, MS SQL Query Analyzer, SSRS, Crystal Reports 8.0,8.5,9.0/10.0, 11.0, MS Access, dBase, Monarch and Visual Basic for Applications including some computer programming. Experience with PowerPoint, Lotus and Excel macros, EDI document processing, MacCormack Dodge Software PC Link, MSSQL versions 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 2000, 2005, 2008 , Great Plains Report Writer and Great Plains Advanced Financial Analysis, FRx Financial Report Writer and Management Reporter 2010 and these operating systems: Windows 7, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, XP, Windows 98 and 95. Extensive experience trouble-shooting Great Plains modules and Integrations, Setups and Configurations. Experience upgrading or patching SQL servers.
- Experience optimizing and trouble shooting and repairing data as a SQL DBA.
- Over 13 years of experience analyzing, extracting and importing data into MSSQL and various other databases for auditing, reporting, trouble-shooting and management operations. Additional experience in financial systems design, selection, implementation and training. Integration experience using SQL and GPs Integration Manager and eConnect.
- Mature, experienced CPA, Public Accountant, Public Auditor, Business Manager, Corporate Controller, VP of Finance, Senior Accounting Manager. I have over 30 years of overall experience and 10 years of experience for 2 different Fortune 500 companies.
- Corporate Controller with financial and operational analysis including internal controls, audit lead and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Expert in financial reporting, financial modeling, inter-company consolidations and eliminations, account reconciliations, forecasting, results tracking, project analysis, budget development analysis experience.
- Developed, implemented and administered GAAP based policies and procedures for auditing, cost accounting, budgeting and forecasting. Performed acquisition analysis and strategic planning. Performed market competition, and pro forma analysis.
- Experience Manager of accounts payable, payroll, order entry, billing, credit and collections departments including fixed asset and capital expenditure accounting.
- Prepared local, state and federal, corporate, partnership, individual and fiduciary tax returns including payroll, fuel tax, sales and franchise and property tax returns.
EXPERIENCE WITH GREAT PLAINS MODULES:
Great Plains Payroll, Enterprise Reporting, BR Licensing, Financial Modules, Payroll and HR Suite, Management Reporter and FRx, Integration Manager with VBA and eConnect, Great Plains Installation and Configuration, SQL Server, SQL DTS, SQL Stored Procedures, SQL Functions, Modifier with VBA, Report Writer, BOM, Extended Pricing, Inventory Control, Invoicing, Landed Cost, POP, SOP, Requisitions Management, Returns Management, Account Level Security, Bank Reconciliation, Cash Flow Management, Cash Book Management, Collections Management, Contract Management, Customer Vendor Consolidations, National Accounts, EFT for Payables and Receivables, Inter-company Processing, Fixed Asset Management, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Payable, Collections, Positive Pay, Refund Checks, Safe Pay, Systems Manager, MICR, Human Resources, Smartlists, Smartlist Builder, Extender, Scheduled Payments, Great Plains Upgrades and Service Packs, SQL Installation, SQL Data Migrations, SQL Upgrades and Service Pack Installations, Advanced Security, Reports Scheduler, Business Alerts, Process Server installation and trouble-shooting, Integration Assistant for Excel, Reformatter, Changer, MSGP Professional Tools, MS CRM reporting and Forms Printer.
GP Versions 6.0 to 8.0:
GL, RM, PM, Invoicing Module, Process Server, Multi-currency, Integration Manager, Lock Box Processing, EFT Payables, EFT Receivables, Bank Reconciliation, National Accounts, Project Accounting, Excel Budget Integration, GP Integration Manager, MICR, Inventory and Distribution modules, SOP, POP, and Fixed Assets.
Completed Great Plains Small Business Manager Software Certification
Completed Great Plains Training in Distribution Systems, FRX, Crystal Reports, SQL Administration
Completed Franklin Covey Project Management Training
- Project Lead and GP Administrator on a GP2010 Implementation and migration of data from an IBM iSeries Infinium Accounting system as well as a Peachtree Accounting System to GP for 24 companies. The implementation included data integrations, SQL server setup, db setup and all GP modules setup as well as training users on all modules.
- I was responsible for the Administration of the GP Business Portal Sharepoint for GP Payroll.
- I was responsible for the Migration and validation of Legacy Custom-Built data from iSeries to MSGP database for a Worldwide Scholarship Program using SSIS including the overall db design, setup, migration, integration, configuration and implementation.
- I designed the data flow within Great Plains, migrated the data and I created the GP Integrations from scratch from an existing Custom-Built Legacy system to GP for a scholarship program with over 4,500 providers, 55,000 scholarships, 260,000 recipients, and 500,000 transactions and 45 Million in funding.
- Trained and troubleshot, customized and set security for 40 GP users.
- I built Reporting and documented Integrations from Dynamics CRM to the GP scholarship application using SSRS and MSSQL .
- I created 1099 and 1042 electronic eFile forms for over 65,000 vendors from scratch.
- I built custom SmartLists for Multi-company Payroll, Time sheets and Other Reports using SmartList Builder.
- I was responsible for SQL Maintenance Plans, reviewing Disaster Recovery plans, db tuning and monitoring as well as db troubleshooting for all GP and SQL databases.
Great Plains Admin,
- Extracted and imported data into MSSQL and various other databases for auditing, reporting, trouble-shooting and management operations.
- Imported Accounts Receivable data into Great Plains Billing system.
- Reconciled Sub Systems to GL and verified Billing, Revenue and Payables data from different internal databases and determined whether the data was verifiable and consistent with Great Plains data.
- Installed and configured Fixed Assets then imported fixed assets. Trained IT personnel and end users in various modules. Reconciled and corrected prior year's data and overhauled all ongoing procedures and processes as necessary. Closed and reconciled Fixed Assets System.
- Cleaned up Accounts Receivable balances that were not able to be reconciled in the past and provided detail Agings and reports to management. Reconfigured Accounts Receivable added agings buckets. Modified existing agings reports using report writer
- Helped standardize the monthly revenue recognition process.
- Cleaned up the chart of accounts and reduced the number of accounts from 70,000 to around 3,000.
- Wrote or overhauled FRx reports for a new set of financials including Board statements, Cash Flow and multiple Budgets, Consolidated Financial Statements and departmental and statistical statements.
- Recreated and simplified the number of departments, lines of business and locations reporting.
- Reorganized the procedures for recognizing Line Costs and created a process that enabled Line Costs to be reconciled on a monthly basis using MS Excel vlookup and pivot tables.
- Cleaned the Great Plains database and Great Plains server truncating the databases and setting up new maintenance plans and backups.
- Trained young accountants in revenue recognition and receivable reconciliations.
- Wrote AR Reconciliations Reports using FRx
- Wrote Ad Hoc Audit and Due Diligence reports and data analysis.
- Supported all GP users, maintained the SQL database, built SmartLists, and performed GP and FRx installs.
- Setup GL integrations for GL JEs and AR Billings, Debit / Credit Memos, AP Vouchers and Vendor Imports.
Great Plains VAR Consultant
- Wrote business requirements and discovery documentation defining client's current software explaining how Great Plains would fulfill client's application requirements.
- Conducted testing sessions of reports and software prior to deployment to make sure that the client needs were satisfied and also that the client was comfortable with the new software capability.
- Deployed new software and trained new users.
- Identified issues and areas in both Accounting and IT where improvements were needed.
- Trouble shooting imports of Accounts Receivable data into GP billing system using eConnect and Integration Manager.
- Payroll integrations of Employees data for employee cards and other Payroll data including writing or rewriting Payroll reports and Smartlists
- Strong background in the technical end of Great Plains troubleshooting GP installs implementations and configurations as well as report writing and end user support.
- Performed Great Plains software installations upgrades and service packs.
- Experienced FRX financial report writer and MS SQL Server installation and setup, MS SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Business Alerts, SQL DTS and BCP and SQL Database Administration, Crystal Reports, GP Report Writer, MS Access, and some Visual Basic programming.
- Extensive experience writing SQL queries, stored procedures and import routines.
- Experience migrating SQL databases, setting up maintenance plans and backups as well as performing database truncations.
- Wrote Financial Reports using FRx including Consolidated, Departmental, Inter-company and Cash Flows
- Performed 1 year project involving in house built AR Billing System Integration and Reconciliation for Insurance Company using MS SQL and MS Excel pivot tables and macros.
- Performed SQL data and query analysis and Ad Hoc Reporting using MS Excel macros.
- Trainer on GP Distribution Modules
- Performed software and computer system installations for MS Great Plains.
- Performed Financial Systems design, selection, implementation and training Great Plains installation and setup, GP Client setup, FRX financial report writer, MS SQL Server installation and setup, MS SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Business Alerts,