25 year’s mainframe programming experience in banking, financial systems and insurance.
Application Systems Analyst Programmer
- For DB2 Applications team, provide 24x7 support for over twenty downstream interfaces utilizing DB2, COBOL, CICS in IBM z/OS environment. Modify applications to comply with user and regulatory requirements. Analyze and solve database discrepancies.
Multimedia Support Specialist
- For a daily newspaper and website, perform data extraction and interpretation from various sources, including Scarborough database and Google Analytics. Use the data to assist Advertising Consultants in preparing sales tools tailored to clients’ markets and competition. Research the effectiveness of ad campaigns and advise consultants on opportunities for improvement. Perform media comparisons for consultants preparing cross-platform proposals for clients.
Online Content Provider
- For an entertainment-based literary website, create, maintain and update original content to maximize subscriber enjoyment and retention, with the goal of increasing advertisement revenue. Correspond with subscribers and enhance visibility of website via search engines. A freelance position.
- Operate KODAK i280C and i1800 series, Fujitsu 5650 scanners using Ascent Capture to record confidential data on a time-sensitive project. Perform file corrections as appropriate; review data for accuracy. A temporary position.
Credit Margin Specialist
- Approve client requests for trades or cash out transactions. Review client financial records using proprietary software to ensure that requests within company and Federal guidelines. Perform calculations to determine penalties for same-day settlement. Contact internal and external clients to clarify requests and determine alternate solutions in order to satisfy requests whenever possible. Using Microsoft Excel, accumulate, analyze, and prepare daily department metrics reports for the entire Credit department for distribution to senior management. A temporary position.
- Standard teller procedure; provide coverage in 8 high-volume branches. Assist clients with financial transactions, make recommendations and referrals for additional banking products and services as indicated. Received award for referrals and outstanding customer service for fourth quarter ’06.
- Supervise a major team of programmer analysts in project management: check work product for accuracy with formal code and design reviews and debugging, resolve problems, manage and discipline analysts, ensure project completion by delegating tasks and responsibilities. Conduct project meetings and interface with senior management and other management teams. Instruct junior analysts and ensure quality control. Assist management with staffing requirements and budget planning requisitioning. Interact with end users. A supervisory position.
- Utilize COBOL & JCL in an IBM MVS/XA environment; develop life cycle responsibilities for full systems. Design, code, test and develop systems documentation. Create and execute test plans, mentor and train junior team members, assume project lead responsibilities on an ad-hoc basis. Report to Lead Programmer/Analyst. Promoted to Lead Programmer/Analyst after 6 months.
- Implement and custom modify a new Vantage One (PMSC) system with life insurance and actuarial software for corporate requirements. Design, implement, test and oversee technical training and quality assurance in parallel user environment. Create original user training documentation. A senior technical position. Recruited by GEICO.
Information Liaison/Senior QA Officer
- Create, design and deliver original user training documentation for Navy Logistics, Manpower and Training departments. Create original software tutorials for end users. Develop, design and deliver on-site training for end users. Oversee and implement final acceptance testing for original software. Interface with management re: long-term strategies and planning. Write proposals and supervise personnel recruitment as needed. A senior technical position. Recruited by Reliastar/United Services Life Ins. Co.
- Oversee full life-cycle of consumer loan applications: obtain credit reports, derive credit scores, make loan decisions and close loan deals. Open personal and commercial accounts. Oversee branch operations in manager’s absence. Left position for more education and professional development.
- COBOL on IBM z/OS, DB2, CICS, CA7, JCL, TSO, HEAT, ISPF, EZTrieve, File-Aid, Endevor, Expeditor, ROSCOE, ChangeMan, Librarian, Basic, Vantage One, PMSC, SQL, SAS, VSAM, SPUFI, VISIO, DB3+, full Microsoft Professional suite, Clipper, Lotus, Lotus Notes, Adobe PDF, Photoshop, Internet research, Google Analytics.
- Exceptional communication skills, creative writer, highly skilled trainer, self-starter, detail-oriented with meticulous attention to customer service issues. Stable work history with ascending levels of responsibility.