- Over 7 years of Industry experience as a Business Analystwith solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications, Application Design.
- Diverse expertise in Banking, Healthcare, Insurance, Energy, Mobile Sectors.
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and Testing various methodologies.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP, RAD, Waterfall and Agile.
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D).
- Strong Knowledge of JAVA and OOPS conceptsalong with good knowledge of databases.
- Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Extensive experience in developing Use Cases, creating Screen Mockups, conducting Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis.
- Facilitated Change Management across entire process from Project conceptualization to Testing through Project Delivery, Software Development and Implementation Management in diverse Business and Technical Environments.
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Issue Resolution and Report Generation to aj that all aspects of a Project are in Compliance with the Business Requirements.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases. Expertise in designing and developing Test Plans and Test Scripts.
- Interface with clients from Operations, Marketing, Sales, Technologies, and Outside Vendors and act as their customer interface point as the lead of the Projects.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities.
Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8, UNIX, Linux
C, C++, Java, C#,ASP.NET
Web Technology/ Server
HTML, XML, HTTP, CSS
Rational Suite (Requisite Pro, Rose, Clear Case), UML, MS Visio, Salesforce Agile Vision, Jira, IBM Maximo
MS Office (Word/Excel/Access, PowerPoint), MS Project, MS SharePoint, MS Visual Studio
Rational Clear Quest, Mercury Test Director
Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server, Ms SQL 2005, DB2, Ms Access 2007
Sr. Business Analyst
- Analyzed business requirements into high level and low level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams / Sate chart Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Worked closely with the project manager to prepare documents such as Business Requirements Document (BRD) and System Requirements Document (SRD).
- Analyzed requirements document by identifying ambiguous, incomplete and incorrect requirements. Also, developed attribute matrix and functionality traceability matrix to check if the current project requirements are being met.
- Implemented Object oriented Analysis and design (OOAD) methodology to analyze and decompose the requirements.
- Facilitated discussions, presentations and preparation of the burn out charts and estimated the schedule of the project timelines.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Entity
- Relationship (ER) Diagrams in MS-Visio.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, vendors, users, credit agencies and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Scheduled meetings with developers, systems analyst and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion using MS Project.
- Extensively used MS Access to perform data analysis by drilling down to the data level and check the business logic/ data tweaking done within the code. Also used PL/SQL to write queries and retrieve the data from ORACLE database.
- Managed and controlled change requests/defects using Clear Quest and made sure members in the team followed the change guidelines.
- Aggregated and Analyzed test metrics weekly from the Clear Quest defects database that reflected the current status of the test execution and the state of the defects, and communicated weekly status report to Project Manager
- Participated in QA testing (UAT, Black Box, and Regression) and deployment ensuring minimal defects.
- Extensively used MS- Access and SQL to analyze data scenarios and data mapping.
- Extensively involved in UAT testing, gathered user inputs on the system, analyzed, discussed and incorporated change requests based on user inputs.
- Conducted GAP analysis to gather new functionality requirements. Also, worked on Agile and SCRUM methodologies for fast completion of projects.
Environment: UML, IBM Web sphere Modeler, MS Office Suite, scrum (Agile) implementation, IBM Rational Software Modeler, JAVA, J2EE, JSP, HTML, SQL server 2000, Oracle 11i, SharePoint Test Director.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Interacted with Business Users to assess needs, identify key challenges, and define project scope and deliverables.
- Prepared Vision / Scope document, Business Requirement documents, Functional requirement document, Use case documents, Supplementary requirement document.
- Successfully used RUP Analysis Model for gathering requirements by facilitating Use Case Workshops and sessions.
- Worked closely with the Usability team by providing inputs for development of the wire-frames & click-through prototypes for the application.
- Lead design and status meetings with team members to discuss problem identification, prioritization and resolution, scope creep, and solution architecture.
- Worked with business units to gather detail business requirements and to represent their current and future needs to IT.
- Responsible for documenting detail use cases, identifying business rules for proposed rating process and creating process flows for the current and proposed functionalities.
- Worked with technical and development teams to ensure appropriate implementation of requirements and data changes.
- Participated in mapping the many data sources to be included in the Enterprise Data Management's solution with the data model established by IT modeling team.
- Coordinated the testing of the data feeds and the mapping of each implementation to ensure expectations have been met.
- Delivered recommendations and support implementation of workflow and process re-design for more effective collection, storage and distribution of content.
- Played a key role for the success completion of UAT, Provided business support and data support for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Implemented the quality control aspects of the production process for each phase of the implementations.
- Served as a single point of contact for the support issues regarding the knowledge captured from each source map.
- Served as a single point of contact for escalation of critical issues related to data, or solutions, or rollout processes.
Environment: Oracle8.16, Java, JSP, IIS, Apache, BEA Weblogic, UML,Business Objects, Rational Requisite Pro, Informatica 7.1.2, SQL Navigator, Websphere 5.0 ,MS-Visio, MS Project, Share point, MS Office.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Assess, prioritize, report and escalate production issues with potential revenue or customer impact.
- Collaborated with technical teams and business users to perform impact and root cause analysis.
- Recommend appropriate short-term and long-term mitigation strategies.
- Proactively inform IT management and internal/external business partners.
- Establish monitoring and auditing practices to detect abnormalities in the system.
- Managed internal and external Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Support joint operation and reconciliation processes with Affinity partners.
- Documented the current (As-Is) business process, fulfillment cycle, monitoring, auditing and reconciliation practices.
- Proactively identified potential process improvement areas, suggest options and recommend approaches.
- Took the initiative to explore technical capabilities of existing systems.
- Provided justifications, scope, requirements and success criteria for process improvement initiatives.
- Actively participated in all phases of SDLC as the product owner.
- Actively represented customer fulfillment experience and operational needs in the partner onboarding process.
- Owned operational requirements pertaining to monitoring, auditing, reconciliation, billing, correspondence and third-party services.
- Defined joint operation processes with Affinity partners.
- Developed a cost-effective, long-term solution to satisfy monitoring, reconciliation and auditing needs.
- Cultivated strong working relationships with new business partners.
- Defined internal and external Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Conduct detailed data, process, and systems analysis in support of formulating functional requirements for strategic initiatives.
- Expert in analysis, development and implementation of investment systems.
- Coordinate with development team leads to ensure requirements are well understood and technical solutions are consistent with business and functional requirements.
- Administered SharePoint site with meeting agendas, project minutes, summaries and dispositions.
- Interviewed SMEs, and stakeholders from the client side and other user groups to define requirements.
- Analyzed business requirement anddeveloped the functional specifications for the product.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Researched, defined, and wrote accurate detailed requirements for the new system including financial calculations, data transformations, reports, transactional data, compliance, and validation rules.
- Ensured that existing business, operational, and data processes were effectively integrated in the new solution as well as leveraged new technology to streamline processes, avoid embedded duplication of inefficient processes and storage, reduce gaps, and resolve issues.
Environment: UNIX, Windows NT, Java, J2EE, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i, MS Visio, Rational Suite, Websphere 5.0, Winrunner, Loadrunner QTP
- Requirement Gathering, Requirement Analysis & Documentation for existing & new applications.
- Analyze Business Process Flows, Use Case Designs, Screens/ Mockups creation etc.
- Propose reasonable solutions to client’s requirements in alignment with Technical & Budget Feasibility.
- Bring clarity in project scope between development team, QA team & client.
- Change Management and Proposing Enhancement for Next Phase of the Projects.
- Utilize multiple methods of inquiry to elicit business processes, capabilities& requirements from users.
- Managing multiple projects end to end.
- Experience of participating in pre-sales process
- New Business Acquisition.
- Responsible for Prospecting, Qualification, Proposal, Negotiation & Closing.
- Elicit requirements, wireframes, and final app flow using interviews, customer requirement analysis, document analysis etc.
- Manage day to day data relating to Prospects, Opportunities, Proposals, Orders etc using formats and tools prescribed by the team.
- Plan, Implement and Measure specific account management activities to increase penetration and expansion in assigned client organizations.
- Market & Competition research about the services being offered by the company.
- Collaborate with team members to achieve given targets & revenue goals.
- Other business activities as defined by the team.
Environment: MS Access, MS Excel, Informatica (IDE), Actimize 4.7, HP Quality Center (Mercury), Oracle 10g, MS Project, UNIX, SQL, PL/SQL, MS-Visio, Share point, Discovery, MS Office
- Facilitates requirement gathering sessions to understand and document complex business needs, often eliciting hidden requirements and /or clarifying vague or unclear requirements.
- Analyzes business operations and processes to understand strengths and weaknesses.
- Supports the identification of opportunities for process improvement, management control of work or automation.
- Creates requirements definition documentation and functional specifications to capture business needs using advanced business processes.
- Creates workflow diagrams to document current and future business environment.
- Validates and shares with the customer and project stakeholders.
- Applies thorough understanding of business processes and user needs to formulate and define system scope and objectives.
- Tracks progress of projects to ensure alignment to requirements; manages any deviations from requirements to ensure resolution.
- Reviews test plans and scripts for completeness and accuracy.
- Provides implementation support, preparing the business for the system solution.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and supports train-the-trainer and other learning activities with Corporate Learning and Development and Business Partners.
- Serves as a coach and mentor to more junior Business Analysts.
- Delegates tasks as appropriate (including other duties, as assigned).
- Proactively manages scope creep with users, IT colleagues and vendors, as appropriate.
- Participated to product strategy in coordination with Product Management. It involves research and metrics analysis of current clients, business representation on various cross-functional teams (XFTs) s, and analysis of competitive and industry trends. Realized and eliminated the end client pain points within B2C and B2B models.
- Co-authoring mrd’s and prd’s by leveraging the CSF’s and scanning the market landscape through data points.
- Provide SME capacity inputs in building a multilateral, multiple swim lane Business case Doc to drive product/project funding decisions.
- Elicit high value requirements to build “Best in class” product with view of optimizing product marketing position & financial return across its lifecycle consistent with Corporate and Division strategies.
- Document reports on client metrics and behaviors on the web and through mobile devices/mobile applications to inform platform management and strategy.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Worked in a Product specialist’s capacity on key clients along with sales and senior management in ensuring projects and products yields are optimized on ROI and TCO models.
- Actively involved in key strategic points of transactions to boost Net Margins.
- Hands-on experience State Street applications such as Ehorizon(Global Accounting System) and MCH (Multi Currency Horizon)
Business Analyst/ System Analyst
- Conducted detailed and comprehensive Business Analysis by working with end users and other stake holders to identify the system, operational requirements, and proposed enhancements.
- Gathered business requirements from SME’s and drafted business requirement document (BRD).
- Reverse engineered and reconciled the database to implement the changes in database using Erwin.
- Served as liaison between Business and IT; translating business needs into functional business requirements. Collaborated with business partner to define project scope and business requirements for small to medium business requests.
- Managed business requirements throughout the SDLC. Collaborate with Project Manager to manage scope and business partner expectations.
- Planned business analysis activities. Develop estimates for business analysis tasks. Accountable for managing to estimates.
- Analyzed business objective/need and document business requirements while using industry standard analysis techniques such as data flow modeling, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis and business rule definition.
- Elicited requirements using techniques such as interviews, workshops, JAD sessions, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Collaborated with business and technical resources and participate in working sessions to provide input to the solution design; ensure business needs are appropriately addressed through the recommend solution.
- Collaborated with the QSS team to plan and implement testing procedures to ensure that the designed solutions satisfy the business requirements.
- Worked with business partners to develop acceptance criteria and a plan to facilitate user acceptance testing to ensure that the solution meets the business needs.
- Initiated conduct and facilitate discussions with multiple stakeholders, and translate the results and issues at hand to the business and IT teams.
- Provided regular updates and communicate business concerns or feedback to the Project Manager/Team as appropriate.
- Identified and communicate risks to delivering solutions on time and on budget to the Project Manager; provide support as appropriate to resolve issues.
- Participated with Business and Project Team in planning and executing training programs and/or demonstrations related to the launch of new solutions.
- Provided input into project plans, cost and /or resource estimating activities, including key and/or required skills.
- Gathering and elicitation of requirement from the client via Email, Phone, Chat or Onsite Visit.Travelling domestically for requirement gathering and kick-off of projects.
- Preparing Proposal and bid management on basis of RFP/ RFQs received.
- Preparing mobile strategy presentations for the clients and develop mobility roadmaps. Assessing
- the requirement and propose mobile business models. Also, analyzing and determination of problem/ opportunity/ solution resolution.
- Closely working with Sales team to close the deals in mobility application sector.
- Brainstorming and Ideas generation to promote mobile application usage.
- Anticipation, Quantification and Problem resolving with respect to issues with requirements.
- Preparing strategy for clients based on their business requirement.
- Understanding requirement feasibility to determine whether the requirement is doable technically,
- perationally and as per available resources.Preparing project plans, hence coordination with Technical team and Project management team on the estimates and project plans.
- Interaction with clients for understanding and defining the scope of work.
- Depiction of User Interface as per the requirement. Also preparing relationships and dependencies
- Preparation of Visual Prototypes and solution components to provide visual model of solution.
- Writing SRS document, Requirement traceability matrix for every project.
- Designing UI (User Interface or workflow) for applications and assist the UI designers &
- developers in designing UX for the applications.
- User Acceptance testing at the end of each development life cycle.
- Handling functional queries raised by the development team.
- Handling change requests from client. Performing impact analysis on requested changes to the requirements and controlling changes to requirements.
- Publishing, Distributing and ensuring sign-off of the business requirement documents.
- Developing end-user training content for use in instructor-lead and technology based training.
- Collection & analysis feedback from end users to create requirement for subsequent releases of