- Oracle ERP Financial Functional Analyst with over 8 years of proven IT experience in Design, Development and implementation of Oracle Applications 11i and R12 spreading across Upgrades, Implementations, Documentation, Testing, and support of Data conversions/Interfaces, Extensions and customizations.
- Expert level Functional experience in Oracle ERP modules GL, AGIS, FA, EB-Tax, CM, I-expense, I-Procurement, I-expense, AP, PO, INV, AR, OM and AOL.
- Experience in working on the RICE objects with performing Data interfaces/Conversions in Oracle Financials.
- Good understanding and implementation experience of Oracle Procure to Pay and Order to Cash life cycles.
- Prepared the SM010, RD045, BR100, TE040 and MD050 documents and helped business users in UAT (User Acceptance Test) testing and post implementation support.
- Multiple project life cycles experience with Initiating, Planning, Executing, Supporting and Monitoring. Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering including facilitate Workshops, Scope Verification & Validation, Alternatives Identification and Analysis, Functional Design Development, Integration & User Acceptance Testing, Training, Cut off, Go-live and Post-Implementation Support.
- Conducted requirements gathering workshops, prepared AS-IS(BP-040),TO-BE(BP080), GAP analysis, Application setups (BR-100), Functional design (MD050) documents and Conducted CRP,SIT, UAT sessions and user training sessions.
- Trained the client’s super users and users on the application and conducting Pilot testing, integrated testing, design validations and setups of the Distributed ERP applications.
- Proficient working with Oracle Support, creating and following up on SRs. Coordinated and followed on multiple issues based on priority including identifying bugs and follow-up with Oracle Development as well as conducting Oracle Web Conference (OWC) with Oracle Support Team.
- Hands on Experience in Application core technologies (System Administrator, Application Developer and Reporting).
- Experience in supporting/upgrading the Oracle E-Business Suite, Release 11i for General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Purchase Order.
- Providing application requirements gathering, designing, development, functional documentation, and debugging.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and financial business processes, not limited to, but including: basic financial accounting process through period closing; revenue and Expense cash/accrual concepts; adjustments and financial statements.
- Programming experience in procedures, packages and other database objects using SQL and PL/SQL along with XML.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills and ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Excellent analytical, inter-personal and communications skills and ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Experienced in interacting with users, gathering requirements, and drawing up Business Case Scenarios to enable the testing of system setups.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills to deliver quality results, working independently and within a team structure.
Functional: Business Requirements Analysis, Gap Analysis, Process mapping and Oracle Applications functional setup
ERP: Oracle Financials (12.1.3, 12.0.5, and 11i)
Primary: General Ledger (GL), Advanced Global Intercompany System (AGIS) ,Accounts Payables (AP), Accounts Receivables (AR), Purchasing, Payroll, Fixed Assets (FA) , Human Resource (HR) and System Admin
Working and Process Flow Knowledge: Cash Management, Order Management, Inventory, I- Expense, IProcurement and Project Costing.
Language: Reasonable understanding of SQL, PL/SQL
Tools: Data loader, Web ADI, FSG’s and MS-Office tools including Visio / MS Projects
Role: Application Financial Functional Consultant
- Implemented financial Modules: GL, AGIS and Shared HR of Release 12.1.3 of Oracle EBS.
- Worked on Functional Design Documents (FDD’s) for designing various RICE Objects.
- Successfully implemented 46 Countries for the Financial Module (GL), which included implementation of 46 Ledgers (44 Operating Units), 5 Consolidation Ledgers with one Global Consolidation Ledger.
- Implemented Advanced Global Intercompany System (AGIS) for all the 46 countries to have Intercompany Transactions with any of the Entities.
- Worked on setting up the Oracle Human Resource Module for the Employees for all Countries and setting up Employee-Supervisor Hierarchy.
- Designed the Functional Document for GL Balances Conversion from Legacy to Oracle.
- Functionally designed the Chart of Accounts Report.
- Helped creating reports using FSG and identifying the requirements for the Columns and Rows.
- Closely worked with Client for Training and providing Guidance. Prepared the Test Cases and BR100.
- Worked with TGCS through all the phases of Testing including CRP, SIT, UAT and Post Production Support including Month End Activities.
- Responsible for end-to-end Oracle applications implementation project from assessment to production support as a Functional Analyst.
- Integrated Order Management with Depot Repair to create RMA and Sales Orders, validate customer accounts and invoice customer repairs.
- Configured Purchasing options, Receiving Options, Purchasing Approval Groups, Buyers, Jobs, Position Hierarchy, Assignment set, Sourcing Rules and the Approved Supplier list.
- Configuration of Approvals Management Engine (AME) for standard Invoice Approval Workflow.
- Configured HR information to support Purchasing Documents Approval to define Employee, Jobs & Positions, and define & assign Approval Groups to support Job Position Hierarchies & also supported Employee/Supervisor Hierarchy for PO Approvals.
- Creating cross validation and security rules.
- Define DFF, Payment Terms, Signing Limits, Special Calendars and Expense Report Templates
- Define AP and AR Payment Methods/Terms, Lookup/Quick Codes, Payable System Options and Financials Options
- Presentation of Financial Consolidation system to the Management.
- Involved in Month-end support for close and reconciliation for AP and AR modules.
- Used Accounting Rules to determine total revenue to be recognized (Revenue Recognition) in each accounting period. Setup Auto Accounting to recognize revenue based on Sales Order line.
- Provide functional review & impact analysis on proposed changes with the existing functionality
Environment: Oracle Applications R12.1.3 GL, AGIS, AP, AR, PO, OM, HR, AOL
Role: Business Analyst
- As a Financial Functional Consultant implemented financial modules: AP, CM, GL modules of Release 12.1.3 of Oracle e-Business Suite.
- Implemented 2 Ledgers (2 Operating Units) using multi org structure, multi currency along with 1 Consolidation Ledger.
- Worked on the I-Expense – Configured I-Expense module including setting up of Payables Lookup Types for I-Expense, Credit Card expense types and Expense check reimbursement addresses.
- Prepared the Expense report template for Connected and Disconnected expense reporting, the expense clearing account and helped establish the multi currency enhancement.
- Worked on transferring expense report attachments to Accounts Payable module making the process paper free.
- Gathered business requirements for many Interfaces b/w AP and Third party systems.
- Lead CRP sessions during implementation, Design and Testing.
- During the course of project several MD-50’s are delivered for different RICE elements.
- Assisted team in developing Process Documents and Test Scripts.
- Closely interacted and assisted with users during UAT sessions in executing process documents.
- Trained AP users with all the new features of R12.
- Involved in requirement gathering during to kick off workshops and performed End-End configuration of R12 AP system options, Financial options, Banks, Muti-Org setup,Withholding taxes etc.
- Re-engineered the AMEX Credit Card Interface and interfaces between AP and legacy treasury system.
- Major forms Personalizations and OAF Personalizations are delivered as per business requirements.
- Implemented parent child roll ups and updated Mass Allocation Setups.
- Also set-up itemization in I-Expense, P-Card functionality enhancement, mapping of credit card expense types and signing limits.
- Worked on the Bank Receipt Reconciliation process –Worked on the methodology to set up, analyze and reconcile bank payment accounts
- Created Reports using Oracle General Ledger Reporting tool (Financial Statement Generator (FSG) and helped identifying the requirements and columns for the Departmental Revenue report.
- Worked on changes to the AP approval workflow.
- Preparing BR30, BR100, MD050, TE40, TE50, CRP execution, User training and coordinating with technical teams on Oracle Apps related Custom design validation for integration between Oracle Apps and legacy applications
Environment: Oracle Applications R12.1.3 AR, AP, GL, CM
Role: Financials Functional Consultant /Analyst
- Preparing BR100, MD050, TE40, TE50, CRP execution, User training and coordinating with technical teams on Oracle Apps related Custom design validation for integration between Oracle Apps and legacy applications.
- Completed Multi-Org configuration by creating a new Organization Structure for WYSE by creating new Business Group, Legal Entity, Set of Books and Operating Unit.
- Worked on the Configurations of AP, GL, AR, Cash Management, I-Expense, I-Receivables
- Conducted Regression testing to examine the effects of a new Org on the previous Org.
- Successfully provided Technical and Functional support to the users, testers and Business System Analysts.
- Requirement analysis & Solution design for the Consignment Inventory.
- Jointly derive the ‘To-Be’ Process & Aid Code development.
- AP- Defined invoicing information including payment terms, invoicing and accounting rules, territories and invoice sources. Defined accounting options, methods of accounting, realized gain / loss account, unallocated revenue account, auto cash rule set.
- Setup Oracle Payables includes Payment Terms, Banks and Bank Accounts, Define Quick codes, Define Financial Options and Payable Options etc.
- AR - Defined receivable activities for misc. receipts, finance charges, bank charges, defining distribution sets. Worked on receipt class, specifying creation method, payment method, clearing method, defining collectors and aging buckets. Created customer profile classes, attaching payment terms, collectors, matching receipts, statement cycle to profile classes
- Set up transaction types, invoices, guarantee, deposit, and credit memos, debit memos.
- Preparing of all of the Functional Specification Documents (FSD), Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Data Mapping Documents (DMD) and Functional Testing Documents.
- Formulate Test Strategy, Test Scenarios & Test Cases
- Perform Unit Testing & Co-Ordinate User Testing.
- Documented Functional Design, Applications Setups & User Manuals
- Provided with useful training to the users in GL, AR, OM, INV and PO Modules.
- Worked on Production Support Quarter End / Month End AP Close Issues, which included accounting issues, trial balances Issues, data corruption issues.
Environment: Oracle Applications Release 12.0.6, GL, AR, OM, INV, PO
Role: Financial Tech-Functional Consultant
- Part of Oracle team to implement the P2P Business flows including GL, FA, I-Procurement, PO, AP, I-expense, EB-Tax modules, Cash Management and Bank Integration.
- Worked on HSBC South Korea bank integration - ability to make payment from OFA to HSBC Online system for ACH and WIRE payment methods
- Conducted meetings with AP and Treasury to decide the payment methods and further, prepared MD050 and payment generation files for Domestic and International Wire payment methods.
- Configurations and setups for Ledger, Legal Entity, Operating Unit and Locations for new countries
- Worked with the development team in testing the system functionality
- Worked with oracle support on several upgrade Patches
- Prepared the CRP plan, conducted kick off meetings, created testing trackers and metadata for reference.
- I procurement/Purchasing: Assisted Purchasing team with the approval hierarchy, approval groups and approver assignment and workflow customization.
- Functional Design for the Auto Invoice interface in AR to load invoices into AR from an external system. Implemented TCA – for AR customer master conversions.
- Created, applied and reversal of Manual Receipts in AR
- Performed functional analysis which implemented gathering user requirements account receivables system. Implementation included defining the System and Profile Options, define receivables lookups, define payment terms, defining transaction types and sources, define receipt classes and payment methods. Used Accounting Rules to determine total revenue to be recognized (Revenue Recognition) in each accounting period. Setup Auto Accounting to recognize revenue based on Sales Order line.
- Creating New Customers, Locations, Party Sites, Account Sites and Contacts using API’s. Invoice report customizations include printing for different Transaction Types. Print Statement Format customizations. Aging Reports, Billing and Receipts History .Report Customization. Program to switch credit limit to zero, if customer has any outstanding invoices.
- Developed and successfully implemented reengineering plan for the tax department that split the compliance function from the consulting process. Initiated a specialized tax scheduling system to effectively monitor compliance and research projects.
- Created scenarios and prototypes in iProcurement to evaluate the advantages of iProcurement Implementation.
- Strong hands on Functional experience in Procurement transformation to iProcurement.
- The Cash management implementation covered the Bank setups, the Bank Transaction codes setups, Bank statement mapping and customization of Bank statement import process for previous day and current day bank statements, Cash positioning and Cash forecast etc.
Environment: Oracle Applications Release 12.0.4, GL, FA, CM, AP, AR, TCA, Treasury, EB-Tax, IProcurement, IExpenses
Role: Oracle Functional Consultant
- Involved in Requirements Analysis and creating functional specifications
- Interacted with the client to set expectations for the entire project including functionality provided in implementation, customization required and time lines
- Performed the necessary Inventory set-ups
- Interacted with the client for preparing the Code Move Sheet document for organization setups.
- Involved in the Item Master Setups in Inventory module including setting up of Item templates, defining Item attributes, enabling the items in various orgs and adding items to the Catalog in I-procurement
- Worked on setting up the new tax rates including VAT and withholding taxes as localization requirements, I-expense templates (parking, per diem, corporate cell phone and mileage rates), Approval Hierarchies in Purchasing Module, and Fixed Asset Books and Categories, Corp, TAX and State Book.
- Implemented Auto Lock box Functionality in AR. Developed different reports as per the client’s requirement.
- Conducted pilot testing, integration with other financial modules testing.
- Created an Alert to notify the users when invoice goes on hold with advisory warnings using Oracle Alerts.
- Evaluate the GAP and suggest GAP Resolution by way Re-Engineering their process or extension of the application or customization of the applications.
- Financial reporting –Standard reports (GL) developed using Financial Statement Generator (FSG), Account Analysis reports development , Trial balance reports development .
- Generation and analysis of Consolidation reports like Consolidation Exception reports, Journals report, Consolidation rules report, Summary Trial balance reports, etc.
- Performed analysis and preliminary design for future iProcurement implementation.
Environment: Oracle Applications Release 184.108.40.206. GL, AP, PO, AR, OM, INV
Role: Techno Functional Consultant
- Gather business requirement by having detailed discussions with business team.
- Functional Specification writing, Reviewing Master business requirement details, Gap analysis.
- Preparing various functional requirement and propose high-level design details for programs to keep data in Order Management and I-Supplier, I-Procurement, I-Expense instance in sync.
- Involved in setups, requirement gathering and functional specs preparation for Oracle incentive compensation.
- Interacting with upper management to identify the business process and needs and with end users to identify their requirements.
- Supervised the period close and quarter close processes by ensuring that all financial transactions have been accounted for accurately and on a timely basis in Oracle GL.
- Provided support during the system test, Product Integration Testing and UAT.
- Supported the implemented Receivable and Payables modules which involved daily issues and new customizations and enhancements based on the changing requirements.
- Created an interface to load Prime Vendors as Customers, match Vendor Invoices to Credit Memos from Accounts Payable, AP, to Accounts Receivable, AR, to reduce vendor payments in AP and generate Customer Invoices to vendors in AR to interface with Get Paid.
- Set-up of Chart of accounts structure, Segment, Values Sets, Flex fields and Segment Qualifiers, Cross Validation Rules, Security Rules, Calendar, Currencies, Set of Books, Assigning Set of Books to a Responsibility, Setting up Standard Journals, Statistical Journals, Recurring Journals and Suspense Accounts and Mass Allocation, Defining Financial Statement Generator, Creating Ad-hoc Reports, and Open and Close Accounting Periods
Environment: Oracle 9i, Oracle Financial Applications 11i (220.127.116.11), GL, AP, AR, IProcurement, IExpenses, ISupplier, OM, Advanced Pricing
Role: Oracle ERP Business System Analyst
- Worked as a functional Consultant to implement Oracle Application 18.104.22.168 involving PO, CM, AP, GL and FA Modules.
- Meet with customers to understand their system and service requirements
- Authored Functional Specifications and coordinated with the technical team to develop AP Check Printing, EFT, and PO Form.
- Defined Accounting Flex field Structure, Security Rules, Assigned Security Rules Setup, Define Cross-Validation Rules.
- Defined Period Types, Accounting Calendar, Currencies, Conversion Rate Types, Enter Daily Rates, Set of Books, Journal Sources, Journal Categories, Shorthand Aliases
- Implemented Oracle Cash Management for Bank reconciliation.
- Fully participated in Conference Room Pilot (CRP) and authored user’s manuals.
- Set-up Oracle Receivables and Oracle Payables including System Options.
- Defined Payment Terms, Accounting Rules, Accounting Periods, Invoice Sources, Bank Information, Receivables Quick Codes, Auto Invoice Grouping Rules and Transaction Types.
- Setups included Defined Invoice attributes- Payment Terms, Approve, Hold & Release and Distribution Set, Special Calendar for Recurring Invoice, Payment Terms and Payable Quick Codes, Entering Supplier and Site Information, Payment Attributes- Payment Formats, Bank Account, Payable Documents, Tax Code, Rates, Groups and Withholding Tax, Open/Close of payable Accounting periods, and Payable Transfer to GL.
- Gathered business requirements for setting up the Fixed Assets system. Setup Corporate, Federal, State, and AMT tax books, asset categories, depreciation methods, ceilings, locations, prorate and retirement conventions.
- Designed conversion strategy for conversion of Fixed Assets from legacy system into Oracle Assets, carried out conversion, verified the asset balances, maintained the books for a number of periods and transitioned the books to the users for maintenance.
- Implemented a custom solution for retirement and reinstatement of assets based on the Install Base transactions like demo-to-sale, rental-to-sale and sale-return transactions.
Environment: Oracle 9i, Oracle Financial Applications 11i (22.214.171.124) PO, CM, AP, GL, FA.
Role: Oracle Consultant
- Defined the Set of Books and Chart of Accounts. Summarized accounting information required by product, by department.
- Set up budget organizations & set up systems for entering budget amounts & journals.
- Set Cross Validation and Security rules.
- Banks, Bank Charges, Bank transaction Codes, Transaction Types, Payment Terms, Invoicing etc.
- Implemented Payables - Payment Terms, Pay Group, Tax Set up, Supplier Sites, Bank, Distribution Set, Financial and Payable options.
- Basic Purchasing set up, identifying structure
- Setting up Document Approval and Security
- Maintaining Purchasing Items
- Managing the Supply Base
- Managing Requisitions and Document Approval
- Creating Purchase Orders and Blanket Purchase Orders
- Defined cross validation rules & security rules
- Designed Financial Reports using Financial Statement Generator (FSG) tool
- Set up of Parent & Child relations, Rollup Groups and summary templates
- Set up of System Options and Financials Options.
- Defined the Aliases, Set up of Recurring Journals, Stat Journals & Mass Allocation Journals.
- Helped in Inventory management module for costing problem. Inventory valuation report was not tying with General Ledger Inventory account. Cost group was the problem and physical inventory was not updating the quantity in the right cost group. Supporting users after going live on all financial modules.
Environment: Oracle Applications (11.5.9) GL, AP, AR and PO