An innovative and Dynamic Business Analyst with Bachelors in Computer Science and successful background in Business Analysis, Business Modeling, Requirement Gathering, Technical Documentation and Software Validation. Over Six years of successful, progressive experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).Is recognized as a hands on, pro active, troubleshooter who can rapidly identify business problems, formulate strategic plans, initiate change and implement new process in challenging and diverse environments. Possess exceptional ability in writing Requirement Document Specification using CASE Tools like Rational Suite.
SPECIFIC EXPERTISE :
- An accomplished Business Analyst experience involving the Finance and Insurance Industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Software Life Cycle Development including Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Testing.
- Good exposure to Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile methodologies.
- In depth knowledge of Requirements Development Process with hands on experience of different phases of the process such as Requirements planning, elicitation, documentation, analysis and requirements sign off.
- Created As Is and To Be models to conduct GAP Analysis to define project scope and conduct feasibility study.
- Strong experience of Interacting with stakeholders, gathering requirements, rating them and assigning priorities to each of them.
- Created design documents like data flow diagrams, process flow charts using MS Vssio and UML.
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP, RAD, Waterfall and Agile.
- Thorough knowledge of various Elicitation techniques like interviews, workshops, questionnaires, brainstorming, focus groups, prototyping, cost/benefit analysis and risk analysis.
- Experience in Scrum Process and thorough understanding of Extreme Programming (XP), Agile Software Development Methodology and Object Oriented Analysis (OOA).
- Network Infrastructure Basics, Basic SQL programming in MS Access, RDBMS, Computer Networking, Entry Level C#, basic Java, and .NET programming, Human Machine Interaction experience, and Project Management with System Integration
- Proficient in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) session for requirement gathering, analysis and design.
- Expertise with testing various services to validate data for Smoke testing, QA testing an UAT testing.
- Extensive experience using SQL, PL/SQL to create complex queries, functions, stored procedures, cursors and triggers.
- Verification and validation of requirements in conjunction with the stakeholders.
- Understanding and representing stakeholder needs to the entire team with extensive use of workflows, use cases and screenshots aligned with each other.
- Analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem solving, identifying and documenting root causes and corrective actions.
- Work experience is diverse with strong background in portfolio management, business process development, business analysis customer needs analysis, and sales support
- Requirements management using tools like Rational RequisitePro and Microsoft Project.
- Expert at Use Case development and UML modeling using modeling tools like Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Proven expertise in creating test plans, UML diagrams, flowcharts, screen mockups and systems requirements specifications.
- Strong Technical writing skills including drafting contracts, documentation and editing of user manuals.
- Extensively worked on MS Access, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and Oracle/ SQL.
- Excellent problem solving, team building, judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in understanding Property and Casualty Insurance and Banking terminologies.
- Extensive experience in working with Insurance Policy Administration system.
Technical Software/Hardware Skills:
garden city, NY
Department: Auto Finance
The scope of this project was to get rid of the two mainframe legacy loan origination system (LOS), .i.e. RCO and ACAPS, and install a new vendor purchased, web based application. Also, two business processes (for direct and indirect loans) were merger together, building one comprehensive LOS for the auto finance department. This facilitated the company in cutting down cost of the co suppliers like check writers, KBB, black book & pushing trough new one Button Strategy .
- Performed as an active liaison between stake holders system users, clients and project management.
- Ability to interact with customers, sales team, top management, developers and product analysts, testing team regarding project status, testing status and defect tracking.
- Responsible to perform detailed analysis within time constraints to transform business needs to high end business requirement and functional specification documentations and strict adherence to template while documentation was required.
- Link the different technical and non technical perspectives of user s from varying domains such as the business users and developer s environment.
- Diagrammatic representations after intense analyzing and deciphering of user level requirements using UML, CASE and ACTIVITY were created.
- Coordinated Joint Application Design (JAD) meeting sessions, with diverse data users and modified documentation based on the results of the meetings.
- Established business requirements and documentation standards for new and modified business processes using Visio Professional.
- Involved in requirement gathering and database design and implementation of star schema, dimensional data warehouse using Erwin.
- Developed and implemented tools, templates and supporting methodology practices for systems development lifecycle and project management lifecycle. SDLC framework supports varying approaches including waterfall, agile, and other iterative frameworks.
- Used Castor to create objects from XML documents. Involved in Logical & Physical Data Modeling. Database Schema design and modification of Triggers, Scripts, Stored Procedures in Sybase Database Servers.
- Liable to prepare TSD s and workflow diagrams for AS IS & TO BE scenarios. Designed new process flows, documented business processes for varying set up.
- Created Use cases, activity report, logical components to extract business process flows and workflows involved in the project using Rational Rose, UML and flow chart tools such as Microsoft Visio.
- Accountable for use case documentation, user interface design document considering from a business standard.
- Manipulating market data with data interface to conduct quantitative analysis such as CAPM, PE Ratios, Duration, Var, etc., and with the underlying financial instruments to set up Index Portfolio.
- Assigned to interact with users during UAT phase for acquiring feedbacks.
- Required to interact with developers, QA to determine and report bugs and technical concerns.
- Defined Rendezvous point to create intense load on the server and thereby measure the server performance under load.
- Associated extensive backend testing to verify correctness of the report data using SQL scripts and data comparison.
- Interact with Business Users & Application Developers during Integration testing
- Extensive experience in preparing test plans test metrics, test cases, test scripts and test data based on business and functional requirements.
- Wide Exposure to automation tools such as Quick Test Professional, Test Director and Win runner.
- Designed Load scripts using Load Runner to load test high traffic end user processes for performance and reliability. Reported results to development teams to resolve critical bottlenecks
Environment: PL/SQL, HTML, MS Office, MS Visio, EDI, Rational Clear Quest, .net,VB,Rational Clear Case, Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Agile, HL7Interfaces,UML,RUP, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Visio.
Confidential,is one among the oldest mutual insurers in the United States. They provide Auto, Home and Life Insurance. Amica s Web Portal incorporates a wide range of features for Policyholders and new customers. I worked on an application that took care of online account services which included Bill paying, checking the bill history, changing customer profile, ordering auto insurance ID cards and modifying the load provider details. Implemented an integrated RUP solution with complete line of traceability for all the artefacts of web development projects.
- Responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, detailed process flow design, user acceptance testing and rollout of new & modified feature functionality deployed on the E commerce website applications.
- Facilitated Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with SME s in understanding the Requirements pertaining to Loan Origination to Loan Processing.
- Extracted the Business Requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) using Rational RequisitePro.
- Reviewed Design Documents, Requirements Analysis Specifications with Project Lead, Business Owners and the Technical Lead.
- Worked closely with the Enterprise Data Warehouse team and Business Intelligence Architecture team to understand repository objects that support the business requirement and process.
- Participated in weekly status meetings, and conducting internal and external reviews as well as formal walkthroughs among various teams, and documenting the proceedings.
- Conducted multiple JAD and BPR requirements gathering sessions with end users, management and staff to gain an understanding of the customer business processes
- Involved in designing business use case scenarios, use case realizations diagrams, and workflow charts for documenting the requirements.
- Created and managed Project Templates, Use Case Project Templates, Requirement Types and Traceability Relationships in RequisitePro.
- Meticulously assessed data from various sources and generated conceptual and logical database designs using Erwin data modeling tool.
- Converted various SQL statements into stored procedures thereby reducing the Number of database accesses.
- Involved in creating automated Test Scripts representing various Transactions, Documenting the Load Testing Process and Methodology. Created meaningful reports for analysis and integrated the Performance Testing in the SDLC.
- Created a RESTful Web Service API reference using HTML within an Agile development environment
- Experience with workflow manager to edit, validate and run workflows, worklets and tasks. Experience with workflow monitor to monitor the status of workflows and sessions.
- Developed and managed Project Plans and Schedules. Managed resolution of Project issues and conflicts.
- Conducted Functional Walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and supervised the development of User Manuals for customers.
- Develop Logical and Physical data models that capture current state/future state data elements and data flows using Erwin.
- Worked as a User/Customer advocate and negotiated with user as well as with developers and management staff to resolve any requirement conflict to bridge the Gaps between IT and Business.
- Various versions of the documents generated during the project were maintained and managed using Rational ClearCase and performed defect tracking using Rational ClearQuest.
- Tested the final application for Usability testing to verify whether all the User Requirements were catered to by the application.
Environment: IBM WebSphere, Cobol , XML, Java, J2EE,C#,.NET, JSP, RUP, VoAVPN, Oracle, Agile,MS Visio, DB2, Sybase, SQL Server Reports, Rational Clear Case,Doors,WinRunner, LoadRunner, Quick TestPro
Liberty Mutual Home provides Auto and Home Insurance in various parts of USA. The RPW application is to get the online Quote & Purchase for Auto and Home Property. It deals with both Commercial and Personal lines of Insurance. It enables the customer to get Quick and Full Quotes of new Business for Auto and Home (Home owners, Renters, Condominiums), with enhancements. The Auto Insurance deals with all details of the Drivers history and Vehicle history. This is complete online e transaction application service involving Customers, Agents and Call centers through direct or mutual interactions.
- Gathered high level requirement for all the external projects in a release.
- Involved in all stages of testing the Auto & Home Insurance application.
- Responsible for testing the Quote & Purchase for both Auto and Home Property Insurance of the customers.
- Involved in Risk Assessment for each project.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with SMEs and business analysts from other feeder systems for a detailed analysis and a better understanding of impact of various projects on each other.
- Negotiated with teams from projects to decide if modules should be implemented independently, or Parallely
- Gathered requirements for business process flow and on screen flow for wizards driven products from products SME's and Sales people and created Requirements documents to implement in Pega PRPC.
- Created Business Rules Document and Requirement Traceability Matrix to track the requirements for Pega PRPC.
- Communicate with Customer Service on ACORD Forms design and other technical problems
- Used SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies like the RUP and the waterfall.
- Created functional requirement documents for the impacting projects
- Performed criteria table updates for each project.
- Experience testing the out of box and customized applications on Remedy tool and testing the workflows.
- Experience testing configuring the mobile devices with desktop applications via exe files.
- Develop Logical and Physical data models that capture current state/future state data elements and data flows using Erwin.
- Updated the impacted MS Access tables.
- Worked extensively with MS Excel and MS access
- Developed test plans with QA team and helped to develop test cases for system testing integration testing and performance testing.
- Created and managed project templates, use case templates, requirement types and tractability matrix in Requisite Pro
- Analysis of business requirements and system requirements of the client and also for Property and casualty modules
- Performed technical and management activities across the full software development life cycle (SDLC) through consistent application of project management techniques based on PMBOK, RUP, Agile, and IBM methodologies
- Collected and documented business processes as well as Business Rules and then translate to the Business Flow Chart
- Facilitated and led JAD sessions aimed at functional requirement walkthroughs for all the impacting projects and updated the documents based on recommendations (if any).
- Created UAT plans with several test cases for each project to ensure that the system runs smoothly after the proposed enhancements or changes have been made.
- Reviewed test results and coordinated with testing and development team to correct the issues.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects/resources
- Analyze business requirements and segregated them into Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD using Borland Together according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Responsible for preparing Business Requirement Document (BRD) and then translating into functional specifications and test plans. Closely coordinated with both business users and developers for arriving at a mutually acceptable solution.
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document to the project team.
- Used MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines and resources and collaborate on the project.
- Interacting with the developers on resolving the reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Assisted the QA team in designing the Test Plan and Test Cases for User Acceptance testing.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, MS Visio, Windows XP, DreamWeaver, SQL, PLSQL, XML, VB, .NET,ASP, Crystal Reports, Adobe Photoshop, Mercury TestDirector, Cobol , WinRunner, LoadRunner
Confidential, is a leading provider of mortgage and consumer loan processing services, Asset management, mortgage settlement services, default solutions and loan performance analytics, as well as solutions for the real estate industry, capital markets investors and government offices. The project was to enhance their existing loan servicing application to include online communications between the homeowners insurers and the municipal townships where the properties are located, to pay the insurance and taxes on time automatically.
- Established a RUP (Rational Unified Process) centric business analysis methodology.
- Collaborated in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose, RequisitePro, and Visio.
- Provided key initiatives in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Provided inputs in the strategic development of detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates etc.
- Developed the workflow to produce the output for the user in Pega Systems using html.
- Prepared Business Context Diagram, Use Case diagrams and corresponding Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose to depict the workflows to be incorporated into the development of Pega Business Process Management (BPM) tool.
- Responsible for the development of a Data Warehouse for personal lines property and casualty insurance.
- Meticulously assessed data from various sources and generated conceptual and logical database designs using ERwin data modeling tool.
- Designed three research systems involving geographical locations, weather damage, and cause of loss for insured crops.
- Worked on Commercial lines Property and Casualty Insurance including both policy and claim processing and reinsurance.
- Facilitated the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with Pega System Administrators and Business Users, documented any issues or defects and eventually got sign off from the right parties.
- Exposed to Agile methodology.
- Processed annuitant transaction to move their payout investment from one separate account to another
- Experience in managing the changes in requirements by Unified Change Management Tools (UCM) like Rational Clear Quest.
- Conducted Data Modeling like Conceptual Design, Logical Design and Physical Design
- Tested validity and integrity of the calculation engines for Deferred Annuities, Past Services Pension adjustments.
- Design and develop the data load process using XML Style sheets and ACORD.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML
- Performed requirement analysis, went through all the use cases and issue logs.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business unit to prepare a solid knowledge base of the business line, including the business plan, products, and process and revenue streams aimed towards problem solving.
- Helped design scope documents and the Request for Proposal (RFP) after extensive ROI analysis and coordinated with top management for the approval process.
- Facilitated Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions with Research Analyst and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to identify business rules and requirements and document them in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical people.
- Worked with ODS and OLAP system. Worked with Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading. Metadata architecture was also provided, for the purposes of query enhancement and clarification of data relationships. Also built the foundation for process implementation in MS SQL.
- Conducted mass user interviews with brokers, enterprise user representatives and SMEs.
- Worked extensively with MS Excel
- Partnered with the technical areas in the research and resolution of system and process problems especially related to Power Builder platform.
- Provide customer service and support for Property & Casualty risk management needs
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Performed analysis on enterprise data/report integration & provided functional specification to development team to build Enterprise Reporting Systems.
- Guided development team in the Oracle 9i based database.
- Assisted in presenting reports and analysis to help guide the management.
- Organized cross training of team members and users to become more responsive.
- Assisted in development of training materials for new technology and process improvements
Environment:.NET, Oracle, Crystal reports, RUP, UML, SQL, SWOT analysis, GAP Analysis, Agile,Win Runner, Windows, MS Office(MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, MS Visio),
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, offers services in the areas of Auto Finance, Mortgages, Medical Loans, and Savings. I worked on the Pension Plan Administration application. This application helps employers determine the eligibility and participation provisions, retirement provisions, benefit formulae, employee mandatory contributions and actuarial cost methods. Most of the calculations were based on individual fixed income. My design activities included legacy system integration, data migration/conversion, and functional integration with the Global Trade Management software product from Vastera, Inc. My project deliverable(s) included the completed architecture design (e.g., Visio, Excel, PPT, and MS Word) and build documentation. I defined long term IT strategies based on integrating transportation, product warehousing, procurement, accounting solution, and DW technology.
- Served as the primary liaison between the business and information technology teams.
- Used guidelines of RUP methodology to release multiple iterations of the deliverable over the span of the project lifecycle, propounded early development and base lining of a robust executable architecture.
- Gathered, analyzed and transmitted the business requirements for the project, and translated them into functional specifications.
- Defined and documented System Requirement Specifications in RequisitePro to promote communication and collaboration among team members.
- Developed business use case models and business object models to describe how users would use the application.
- Utilized Agile/ SCRUM and PMI methodologies to monitor, steer and develop project objectives.
- Facilitated and participated (JAD) Joint Application Design Sessions to determine business requirements by bringing the stakeholders and IT team on a common platform and created target questionnaires for both of them.
- Installed, customized a configured CSC server with return management on JBoss.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database.
- Conducted technical/non technical presentations to the management and training workshops for the clients.
- Created Mock up forms in MS word for better visualization and understanding of the software solution.
- Served as Property & Casualty Insurance SME, reporting to the President, addressing various Insurance industry issues as they arise and the point person for the development and adoption of the ACORD xml standards.
- Designed and Developed ETL (Extract, Transformation & Load) strategy to populate the Data Warehouse from the various source systems feeds.
- Experience with workflow monitor to monitor the status of workflows and sessions.
- Worked extensively with Business and IT in understanding and documenting system requirements pertaining to the Credit Card Authorization Project in the E Commerce department.
- Led and conducted JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis and design of the system.
- Worked on project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP, RAD, Waterfall and Agile.
- Owned the entire reporting process. Interacted with the ETL team, developer(s), management, and account holders to get the requirements, document them, design templates, and write specifications
- Worked with QA team to create test case scenarios and perform defect tracking.
- Created test cases and conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of the final product.
- Played a key role in planning UAT and implementation of system enhancements and data migration and conversions.
- Designs and develops the logical and physical data models to support the Data Marts and the Data Warehouse.
- Identified, organized, and documented the changing requirements of the project.
- Worked with ETL team during the upload process.
- Monitored client expectations through client involvement and communication throughout the lifecycle of the project educate clients and stakeholders on the benefits and risks associated with the project.
Environment: Rational Software Architect, Rational Requisite Pro, Plainview, Windows XP/2000, Oracle, PL/SQL, MS Project, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Visual Source Safe, Quality Center 9.2.