- 10 years of progressive professional experience in all disciplines of Business Analysis including strategic planning, business case development & presentation, requirements elicitation & analysis, solution assessment and validation.
- Adept at parsing business level needs, processes & corporate strategies and transforming them into functional requirements.
- Performed business level analyses in a broad range of market segments, projects and various team settings including; Requirements, Scope, Stakeholder, Gap, Impact and Risk analyses.
- Conducted facilitated business reviews, walk through sessions, surveys, questionnaires, brainstorming, Interviews, Oral Presentations, Group meetings and JAD Sessions, for requirements elicitation.
- Proficient at design, review and management of documents like Project charter, Business requirements document, Use case specifications, Functional specification document and Requirements traceability matrix.
- Working knowledge of tools & techniques like root-cause analysis, feasibility studies, SWOT analysis & business modeling using UML.
- Worked in all phases of SDLC with working knowledge of Waterfall, RUP and Agile (SCRUM) methodologies.
- Performed Project Management activities including scope definition, identifying deliverables, project planning, resource estimation, dependencies, resource management, developing schedule & budget baselines, tracking progress, performing change & risk management while adhering to business constraints, assumptions and risk profile.
- Worked with data mapping documents and worked with business to write transformation rules
- Experience with data validation using SQL. Coordinated data validation on several projects
- Worked on various IT projects involving team sizes between 5 and 25 in various locations
- Sound knowledge of developing test cases and using Mercury Test Director/HP Quality Centre
- Successfully coordinated and managed cross-functional, multi-disciplinary project teams including, External vendors, Business partners, Stakeholders, System architects, developers and Quality Assurance personnel.
- Worked in a broad range of industries (Finance, Energy, Telecom & Retail) and a broad range of projects (regulatory compliance, third party vendor interaction, customer service & billing, operational reporting & control, web application development, etc.)
- Possess strong analytical, verbal and presentation skills that help in communicating with team members and Project sponsors
- Organized with a detail oriented work ethic and ability to adapt to new situations, teams and technologies with ease.
- Proficient in articulating ideas, communicating goals & objectives, adept & objective at negotiating and managing Customer expectations.
Windows, UNIX, Mac OS
SQL, UML, UNIX, HTML, XML
Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server, My SQL
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, Project
UML, Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio
Confidential, Reston, VA
Project 1: Managed the Enterprise Risk Threshold Framework (RTF) report development from requirements, through User testing. RTF reports provided a risk based approach to understand potential risks and maximize production stability.
Project 2: Managed development of Portfolio Health Check (PHC) reports for the Run the Business PMO (Problem Management space). Managed requirements elicitation, analysis, report development and delivery schedule. Modified Agile methodology was used.
Project 3: Managed Internal Audit (IA) deliverables (Incident Manangement space). IA required additional focus on the ticket data quality. Worked with several internal customers to assess existing data quality concerns and develop reports for Support groups and dashboards for Senior Management.
Project 4: Managed development of compliance reports for Enterprise wide monitoring on Software Applicaitons and Services. Worked with Engineering & Monitoring teams to elicit requirements in accordance with revised standards.
Operational work: Publish data quality notifications, update monthly Production Support deck, update run procedure documents, manage UAT during major and minor releases, etc.
- Reviewed and analysed RTF to develop use cases, Stakeholder report requirements and Detail Design requirements.
- Regularly interacted with Risk Office, Ops Portal team (Business Objects Universe team), Individual Contributors, Process Owners and Business Objects developers to provide necessary guidance on the framework and communicate requirements.
- Scheduled and lead working sessions with Stakeholders from Run the Business (RTB) PMO to identify and define their reporting needs for the Weekly Portfolio Health Check (PHC) and Monthly reports.
- Performed extensive data analysis and developed mock-ups on Problem data for RTB Division to provide focus on key metrics and assist Stakeholders make decisions related to data presentation.
- Managed stakeholder meetings, expectations, report priorities and LOE estimates and overall project schedules. Helped Stakeholders meet their goals by managing iterative report development.
- Participated in development of training materials (elearning module for the RTF) and system documentation for the end-user. Assisted with documentation of FAQs.
- Performed analysis to streamline and redesign the monthly Production Support deck for Senior Management. This process improvement initiative involved prioritizing and effectively presenting Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge data metrics.
- Performed data analysis in the Incident, Problem & Change management to assist with adhoc report requests from various users. Able to create reports in Business Objects for analysis.
- Worked with end-user during the standard changes, created prototypes for BI developers, wrote Functional requirements and coordination UA testing for the Monitoring Compliance reports.
Environments: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Project), Business Objects.
Business Analyst / Project Manager
Confidential, New York, NY
Project 1: Developed new Balance Sheet Exposure Report for Senior level management to assess Organization level Operations risk. Analyzed multiple feeds (Fails & Breaks) from several Operations units and prepared an aggregate report. This report captured, normalized and summarized fails & breaks feeds into one high level exposure summary report as required by Business Strategy.
Project 2: Developed an intranet web application with a customizable reporting interface for Senior Management to review aggregate reports from several Operations units including the Organization level Balance Sheet Exposure Report.
- Worked on Back Office Operational issues in different business units of Citigroup’s Investment Banking Operations Reporting & Controlling department (Stock fails, cash fails, stock breaks and cash breaks, etc.).
- Analyzed feeds and reports coming from several Operational units (approximately 7-8 feeds for each business unit) and data mapped them to create summary reports for fails and breaks.
- Identified stakeholders (Senior Management, Operations & Development teams) and their role in the project.
- Identified, analyzed and documented existing business processes and Operational business requirements.
- Worked with Senior Management, Users from Operations teams to define existing and anticipated new reports.
- Wrote clear and concise Report Specification document in accordance with Company guidelines and standards.
- Followed Agile (SCRUM) iterative development approach and was involved through the development life cycle.
- Participated in sprint planning sessions to decide on the scope of the sprint and ensured that the scope and estimates were realistic and achievable. Participated in Scrum meetings and assisted in the resolution of any issues raised by other participants.
- Documented software requirements (User Stories, Use Cases, work flows, and UI specifications) for the project.
- Coordinated and managed activities of the sprint and ensured that the deliverables were on target.
- Maintained the Product backlog documentation while coordinating with Senior Management & Operational Units. Managed constantly changing user requirements over iterations.
- Tracked issues in each phases of the development cycle and communicated progress on key milestones with Senior level management through meetings.
- Used SQL queries for data validation of user generated reports & closely monitored User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environments: Java, Oracle, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Project), Business Objects.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
The focus of this project was to develop an online loan servicing and origination software system that automated back office tasks for effective loan receivables accounting, tracking, correspondence and collection necessary for timely servicing of a wide-variety of loans. Built for Risk Managers to minimize risk in loan application approvals.
- Prepared questionnaires, interviewed employees & end-users to collect business level requirements and defined the business case.
- Performed in-depth analysis of the system’s existing organizational structure, processes and scope of services.
- Prepared Business Process Models and Business Rules; including modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Used tools ProVision and Open Span for business and system process mapping (Aided in documenting AS-IS and TO-BE scenarios).
- Extensively worked on Loan IQ and prepared documentation for the Loan IQ for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.
- Gathered Information and prepared document on Cost Benefit/ ROI Analysis.
- Conducted GAP analysis and developed data relationship diagrams to define the impact of new requirements on existing system.
- Analyzed, documented and managed all project requirements and any changes to requirements throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Assisted project teams in preparing Functional and Non-Functional requirements documentation.
- Created Project Management plans (including project charter, project schedule, project budgets, etc.) to assist the Project Manager.
- Worked closely with the Development team to validate the technical design meets the business requirements.
- Organized and managed meetings between clients, development teams and analysts on a regular basis.
- Assisted with User testing of systems, developed and maintained quality procedures and appropriate user documentation.
Environment: UML, Requisite Pro, Oracle 9i, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Powerpoint).
Project 1: Websales is a web order entry application that is accessible to Sprint customers. It is a front office application that provides Sprint customers the ability to learn about, shop and purchase Sprint products & services.
- Studied the existing web application and associated business process to create AS-IS and TO-BE workflows.
- Elicited business user’s needs and wants through interviews & workshops, performed analyses to determine project scope and documented potential system level and process level impacts of the new business initiative.
- Analyzed process changes necessary, elicited and documented user business requirements for enhancements to the web application.
- Created the Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use cases, Test scenarios and Test cases.
- Documented the user requirements into Functional Requirements Document (FRD) and Non-Functional Requirements Document (NFRD) for the development team to better understand the application requirements & also managed changes to those specifications.
- Worked closely with technical, business and program/account management peers to refine and clarify requirements.
- Interfaced with development, testing and program/account management teams to ensure that business functionality and process impacts of any business initiative are understood and included in the deliverables.
- Managed Websales releases from submission of business requirements through to implementation within the defined schedule.
- Acted as a resource in understanding how the upgraded system carries out the business functions and facilitated User Acceptance testing for the changes and enhancements to the web application.
Environment: Windows, UML, SQL, Requisite Pro, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Powerpoint).
Project 1: MDM (Metered-Data-Monitoring) project involved setting up of automated meters to gather real time data & automatically generate usage reports.
Project 2: The project involved making necessary changes to the Customer Service & Billing system that supports and tracks Customer Bills. Changes included paper bill formats and generation.
- Reviewed and documented existing metered usage reporting format & procedures. Created flow charts to compare existing process flow to the new metered system to gather real time data & automatically generate usage reports.
- Elicited business requirements and rules from User interviews and converted requirements Business requirements document (BRD).
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and interviewed Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). Worked with Project Manager to establish requirements gathering best practices.
- Performed Impact analysis to establish system changes due to implementation of the new meters.
- Identified and documented business rules and created detailed Use Cases to implement new meters.
- Generated and documented Business Requirements document, feature list and the traceability matrix for the Billing System.
- Conducted workflow diagrams, GAP and Impact analysis to document changes to existing Customer Service & Billing system.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Test Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using UML and Visio.
- Performed business level data flow processes and modeled activities using Visio to better communicate with Developers.
- Prepared the Operational documents and trouble shooting documents as per production requirements.
- Identified, documented and tracked issues & risks and communicated between the Business Owner & Developers on resolution.
- Assisted with User testing, developed & maintained quality procedures and ensured appropriate documentation was in place.
Environment: Oracle, JAVA, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Project)
Business Analyst - Commercial Lines - Property and Casualty
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Project 1: Automatic verification of the Vehicle Identification Number for an Automobile.
Project 2: Automating the Motor Vehicle Record ordering for motor vehicles insurance eligibility review.
Project 3: BI Evolution project involves creating an Automated Business Rules and Pricing rules engine.
- Elicited requirements using interviews, group meetings, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys and questionnaires.
- Critically evaluated information gathered from multiple sources, identified gaps, reconciled conflicts, decomposed high-level information into details and assisted Customers prioritize final user level requirements.
- Reviewed business process descriptions, business process scenarios, tasks and workflows.
- Created the Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Screen and Interface designs.
- Worked independently with users to define concepts and in close coordination with Project Managers.
- Managed communication between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team.
- Developed requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Created the User Interface Design, UML Modeling, Supplementary Specification, and Traceability Matrix.
- Assisted in testing, training and implementation of applications.
Environment: UML, Oracle SQL, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Powerpoint).
Jr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Project 1: To re-engineer Target.com to capture Target’s in-store experience to a digital platform; Personalization (enhanced registries and lists, integrated community features, social networking integration), Fresh new design & layout (bold graphics, buying guides, expert advice) and Easy navigation (improved search & navigation, consistent & clear product information, improved security, streamlined cart & checkout.
Project 2: This project involved development of a new module which was to be integrated into a parent application (Retail Task Manager). The primary objective of this module was to assist with Audits and Store Walks. The new module was a web-based application developed for Target’s system users to gather information including surveys, inventory, loss prevention, best practices etc., during Store Walks.
- Conduct requirements gathering workshops, interviews, surveys, and site visits involving all the Corporate (Store Communications) users, Region Managers, Zone Managers, District Managers, Store Managers and Department Manager groups.
- Assisted in creating RFPs for multiple vendor based solutions as a part of Target.com’s redesign.
- Created multiple Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs), Functional Specification Documents (FSDs), Use Cases, Requirement Traceability Matrices etc.
- Shared responsibility with the eCommerce manager in different eCommerce management activities.
- Created project plans, managed (MS Project) schedules, deadlines, and resources and collaborate on the project.
- Participated in JAD sessions to provide the overview of the current system and proposed project scope and constraints.
- Performed GAP analysis involving the current state and proposed state.
- Lead business initiative meetings including brainstorming on new functionality for current systems.
- Conducted weekly meetings with the all stakeholders to provide status updates on the progress of the project.
- Designed and developed project document templates based on RUP methodology.
- Designed and Developed use case diagrams, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Liaised between various teams to translate the business needs into technical and functional requirements.
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of the system, enhancements and conversions.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure all the business requirements were addressed.
- Conducted walkthroughs with the end users and stakeholders to gather the modification requests to change or upgrade the business specifications for the product and ensure that the developers were updated.
- Documented all the discussions and tracked the changes maintaining the versions of document.
- Ensured all applications were tested for functionality and were adequately controlled in production.
- Facilitated weekly meetings with the teams to constantly monitor the QA process.
Environment: Java, SQL Server 2008, MySQL, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Powerpoint).