Summary of Skills & Experience
- 15 years of experience in the IT industry in roles: Business Analyst, Data Analyst , Project manager, Architect and Tech Lead .
- SSRS experience involving ad-hoc reporting
- Experience in Business Requirements gathering and test matrix documentation.
- Skilled in communicating and influencing all levels of management.
- Experienced on project management related tools: MSProject, Visio.
- Knowledge of Statistics, Predictive analytics methods and other data mining methods.
- Working knowledge of IBM SPSS, Weka, SAS Analytic/Data mining tools.
Senior Consultant in the Data Services Division
Environment: Sybase, SQL, SSIS MSSQL2008,2012,Visual Studio 2008,2010
Sr. Health Data Analyst.
- Scrub, Transform and join external raw data against a structured database using SQL code as well as optimize code efficiency
- Build repeatable processes for various analysis functions in SQL.
- Set policies and best practices for user processes and mentor junior analysts to operate on them.
- Architect and implement the automated delivery process of subscription reports using SQL and C#.
- Create ad-hoc reports in SQL 2008 R2 data warehouse and analyze it to provide insight on medical claims data records.
- Analyze” High-Cost Claimants” reports to identify chronic issues/ Network performance in order to provide analyses services to client questions
- Use Truven Analytics to analyze risks, create measures/compare claims utilization experience to measure impact of wellness treatments.
- Support business and customer service group on workflow as a poweruser.
- Trouble shoot issues and coordinate solution implementation with developers on software and database issues in production.
- Analyze and resolve intermediate production data conflicts ensuring that client data is accurate.
- Escalate problems to the appropriate groups and levels to resolve issues.
- Proactively research user questions and interface as necessary with support Levels 1 and 2.
- Analyze raw data extracted from database by constructing SQL structures.
- Maintained a proactive role in solving business user/ IT issues.
- Maintained a customer centric attitude when quality of service mattered .
- Reopened old issues and coordinated solutions. This enhanced business users with existing but previously unused processes.
Project Management/Business Analyst
- Coordinate with cross functional (Property and Casualty) teams for IT projects.
- Create Traceability matrices/Test Matrices for testing team.
- Architect and lead the programming and implementation of automation framework .
- Initiate software projects, gain management approval and secure resources for development as necessary .
- Serve as Property and Casualty Business Analyst for Encrypted File transfer projects (SFTP,PGP).
- Mentor junior and functional employees in developing technical skills.
- Lead multidisciplinary team in outsourced projects in India and Wilmington DE.
- Act as a liaison among project sponsors users and developers for more than 3 very large projects.
- Analyze, validate requirements for changes to internal Property and Casualty processes.
- Initiate root cause analysis of issues, report status of issues and provide periodic status reports to the Project Manager(s).
- Authored the Encrypted File Transfer Project Manual for AIG.
- Managed SFTP/PGP vendor file transfer implementations in UNIX based on security policies of AIG using multi company teams.
- Managed and implemented a project using a ETL tool(IBM Data Stage), Oracle data-warehouse and Unix scripts to Analyze raw data extracted from database by constructing SQL.
- Project managed, Architected and implemented company-wide Compuware server migration.
- Collaborated with Tech Services and senior management for the AIG Active directory software inventory of the IT department.
- Created company development standard for script development .
- Lead a presentation for ALICO management on Compuware tools and how it was used in our environment .
- Used Project 2000 to effectively track and project ETA of completion as well as complete project under budget and on schedule.
- Project Managed and implemented an AIG project to effectively save paper for the IT department by automating output process.Saved $10,000 per year per environment.
- Documented business requirements for the creation of UAT Test Matrices for the Confidential.
- During this period I was involved in various projects in the Microsoft development environment, with focus on Visual basic and MSSQL Server.
- Designed programmed and implemented applications.
- Setup and configured IIS Web server,Middle ware container MTS etc .
- Developed applications using Crystal Reports.
- Involved in setting up, programming and deploying web application for clients.