ProfileHybrid Accounting and IT professional with diversified experience, including requirements definition, management reporting, variance analysis, budgeting, forecasting, application software training, and as liaison between Controllers and IT. Performed many successful financial and accounting ERP system implementations. System Development Life Cycle ERP System Implementations Software Training Business IT Liaison Financial Reporting & Analysis Budgeting / Forecasting
Recent Professional Experience
Confidential L.P., Fairfax, VA
Director, Enterprise Applications
Joined a leading software provider for universities and colleges in order to apply my background and experience in support of a broader range of clients, while gaining additional product knowledge of Colleague by Ellucian.
- Transferred to a New England based client as the Applications Director for Colleague by Ellucian. Immediately resolved processing issues with the user community and coordinated software upgrades.
- Responsible for the support, maintenance, and enhancement of all Colleague modules, namely Finance, Human Resources, Payroll, Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, Residence Life, and Advancement.
- Assigned to a Southwestern client site to provide support, meet the local team, and become familiar with their business practices and processes in anticipation of relocating to be an on-site resource.
Confidential , PA
Business Systems AnalystDirector level position, reporting to the Vice President for Fiscal Affairs, in support of all Business Office functions, including Bursar, Controller, A/R, A/P, G/L, Budget, Financial Reporting, Grants, and Purchasing. Develop reporting tools, processes, and procedures for all accounting systems at a state-related university with an enrollment of approximately 1,800 undergraduate and graduate students and an annual budget of $55 million.
- Provided project leadership and coordination of Business Office systems and process improvement initiatives.
- Provided technical assistance and training for Ellucian’s Colleague issues and other Business Office systems, providing first level support as the internal departmental IT resource for all Microsoft applications.
- Reconciled Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable transactional data for six fiscal years by creating processes, procedures, and reporting tools to examine the data, eliminating two major audit comments.
- Performed special projects, analyses, and reconciliations; created presentations for senior management.
- Created reports using Business Objects XI Web Intelligence and the business intelligence portal InfoView.
- Created and modified SQL queries to streamline repetitive requests for G/L, Payroll, and Budget data.
Confidential Langhorne, PA
Business Systems Analyst
Performed software and business support, user training, issue resolution, and special projects for the SAP R/3 Finance and Human Resources modules for a global manufacturer and developer in the wind energy industry.
- Provided first level support for all SAP R/3 Human Resources and Finance production issues and questions.
- Created a detailed User Manual and training documentation for a new web based Contract Approvals tool.
- Trained law department users in the use of the new web based Oracle BPEL Contract Approvals tool.
- Trained users in the SAP Training & Events Management module and the use of various Oracle BPEL tools.
Confidential Newtown, PA
Performed business process analysis, requirements definition, meeting minutes generation, and user training during the development of a corporate field financial system for a global services company.
- Joined a team of software consultants and became the subject matter expert for the legacy financial systems.
- Prepared and maintained the “As Is” and “To Be” documents; created test data for designing the new system.
- Published the user requirements meeting minutes, created use cases, and helped design the wireframes.
- Coordinated software design changes with off shore business analysts and programmers.
Confidential Horsham, PA
Financial Business Systems Analyst
Performed techno-functional software support, requirements definition, user training, issue resolution, and business process analysis for all Accounting systems for a global manufacturer in diversified industries.
- Assisted the Project Manager - Financial Systems in support of existing Oracle G/L, A/P, and A/R instances.
- Performed user training and system validations during system integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Assigned as primary IT support for Oracle Internet Expenses implementation, testing, and rollout to divisions.
- Participated in the implementation and setup of Hyperion Financial Management and Fixed Asset systems.
- Maintained and revised documentation for operating procedures that also served as training materials.
Confidential Philadelphia, PA
Senior Business Analyst
Performed business process analysis, requirements definition, gap analysis, and software support for an Internet based Lease Accounting software provider.
- Interviewed clients’ users at all levels in order to understand their current business processes and future needs.
- Recorded detailed notes from the interview meetings for signoff and publication in the final design document.
- Wrote functional specifications for software module customizations and for new software functionality.
- Visited existing client for re-training, to address outstanding issues, and to develop a prioritized action plan.
Confidential Jamison, PA
Provided accounting and systems support to Corporate Accounting and the Residential Homebuilding Division.
- Maintained complex Excel projection models for the profitability of 25 existing and upcoming communities.
- Maintained and enhanced a weekly Sales Summary Report with links from weekly Sales and Traffic reports.
- Integrated sales and settlement projections into the weekly Sales Summary Report for comparative purposes.
- Created management reports for the profitability and inventory of Quick Delivery, Sample, and Spec homes.
- Member of the JD Edwards Project Implementation Team acting as liaison for accounting issues / personnel.
- Created Budget Analysis reports for monthly and year-to-date overhead expenses with variance explanations.