- A seasoned technologist on Microsoft platform with extensive experience as a Developer, Team Lead, Designer and Architect
- At Microsoft India, I was responsible for building trusted advisory and positive relationships with Enterprise customers and played a key role in the multi-fold growth of Microsoft developer tools business in India. I worked closely with Enterprise customers helping them define their technology roadmap and product and solutions architecture enabling adoption of various Microsoft products and frameworks.
- While being at Tata Consultancy Services, Asia’s largest IT Services Company, I have worked at with some of the big like Goldman Sachs (NY, USA), Washington Mutual bank (WA, USA), USAA (Texas, USA), Nedcor Bank (South Africa) in various capacities as a Developer, Technical Architect and Project Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science & Engineering,
- 13+ years of experience in software industry,
- Certifications like MCP, MCAD, MCSD, MCSE, CSQA and
- Several accolades & awards like ShareFighter award, early promotions during my work at Tata Consultancy Services and Microsoft India,
- I will be a valuable member in any team encouraging collaborative working and inspiring trust & confidence in clients & colleagues alik
I am currently looking for a new and challenging position as a Technical Architect or a Technical Team Lead, which will make best use of my existing skills and experience whilst enabling further personal and professional development.
- Worked closely with internal teams in defining the roadmap and capturing Business user needs for the enterprise JNDET (JatoNet Data Entry Tool) tool which was used by the JATO Researchers across geographies to enter automotive industry News. Captured business requirements through UML Modelling & Visio diagrams and design aspect through HLD and LLD design documents.
Architect and Technical Pre-sales for Microsoft Tools
- Worked closely with the Enterprise end customers like Infosys, Wipro, CTS, Mindtree, Keane-Caritor, Robert Bosch, IBM, SAP, CISCO, Honeywell, HP, Tesco and Accenture to understand their business needs and architect solutions using Microsoft technology stack. Business requirements were captured through UML Models and Diagrams were translated into detailed design documents. Through budgetary exercise, the implementation effort was decided and implementation teams were assigned to develop the code. The entire process was implemented using Visual Studio Team System 2008 and eventually 2010.
- Worked as part of Developer Platform Evangelism (DPE) team, focusing on engagements in sales cycle solution development and proof phases with strategy briefing (SB), architecture design sessions (ADS), and proof of concept (POC) implementations to overcome technical blockers with delivery teams using Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
- Played a pivotal role in providing technical guidance, technology evaluation, technical query resolution, architectural guidance, deployment & migration support and technology evangelism to customers on Microsoft Dev tools platform which includes Team Foundation server (TFS), Visual Studio Team Suite (VSTS), .NET platform and the Visual Studio Testing tools
- Worked with IT/ITES Enterprise customers in West India providing end to end technical guidance, similar to the DPE role focusing on the entire Microsoft product portfolio including Core Infrastructure technologies like desktop OS, Server tools, configuration management & security tools and Office suite of products.
- Developed and maintained a healthy and valid IT Infrastructure and Client pipeline that included initiatives and workloads/solution areas related to Infrastructure Optimisation (IO), Deployment and Security.
- Focused on business productivity and application portfolio of customer technology landscape and improved the IO map. This included architecting solutions based on Microsoft technologies viz SharePoint, SQL Server, BizTalk and Performance Point Server (PPS) and developer tools along with Application Solution Specialists, and Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) Consultants.
- Architected an ERP solution based on Dynamics AX, SQL Server, SharePoint, BizTalk, MS Project, PPS (for budgeting & forecasting) and Hyper-V for a 3000+ sized IT customer, which was a $400K recurring deal for Microsoft and was the largest AX win in the country. This solution was to integrate and co-exist with many in house systems till module wise roll out and replacement was undertaken.
- Architected along with MCS consultants a Project Planning solution for an IT company which was targeting 4000+ users and integrated with SAP in the backend. The solution comprised of Project Server, SQL Server, SharePoint, PPS and VS tools.
- Exceeded deployment targets, and Quota attainment to more than 110%.
- Achieved several compete wins some being the largest in the country like Dynamics AX win, Forefront Security, Exchange 2007 deployments. Won “Share Fighter” award and became the trusted advisor for enterprise accounts
Architect and Technical Pre-sales consultant
- Bing part of Microsoft technology Centre of Excellence (CoE) at TCS Redmond, I was involved in Microsoft .NET Consulting, Prototyping and Pre-sales defining high-level technical architecture, architecture reviews and recommendations, creating customer solution proposals, effort estimates, technical recruitment interviews, and presentations for various customers.
- Did Consulting engagements at customer sites (includes ST MicroElectronics, USAA, WA DOL etc.) for ASP to ASP.NET migrations, VSTS deployments, Outlook add-in creation, building web portals using ASP.NET, SharePoint and Vista deployments.
- Lead a 10 weeks project on KPIs and scorecards implementation using Business ScoreCard Manager (BSM earlier version of Performance Point Server – PPS 2007) from Inception to User Acceptance Test.
- Architect, Designer and Technical Project Manager for various projects from Microsoft on ASP.NET, Web Services SOA pattern implementation for Microsoft Patterns & Practices group and implementation of Microsoft PAG .NET frameworks. Was responsible for defining high level architecture and overseeing the project progress through use case diagrams, Visio Wireframes, Design documents and coding in Visual Studio 2005 using Agile methodology.
- Performed requirements gathering and documentation of customer needs for customers like Safeco Insurance, TransCanada, GE RE, AC Neilson, Honda, NationalCity Bank, Rogers, Target, WorldVision etc for carrying out Pilots.
- Architect for VB 6.0 & ASP app re-engineering to ASP.NET at CH Robinson and Washington Mutual (WaMu) bank.
- Was responsible for creating reusable assets, .NET coding standards, requirements & design document templates, agile methodology adoption across projects, project profiles, contribution to public websites, white papers publications.
Confidential, New York
- Worked in Financial Sector at Goldman Sachs Head Quarters along with Microsoft Consultants for exposing the APIs of ‘Distributed Framework’ (a Goldman Sachs internal SOA framework) to .NET.
- Was involved in end to end project design and execution with thorough study of the C++ version of Distributed Framework (DF), preparing specifications & design documents, architecture, design, development and NUnit testing of DF.NET Managed C++ Wrapper.
- Developed a model based code generator tool in .NET for DF, which takes the native (unmanaged C++) DF classes, wraps them and exposes as managed classes.
- Fully developed the front-end in C# .Net using Winforms and SyncFusion Grid.
- Carried out performance tuning, and complete documentation of.NET front-end
Systems Analyst and Developer
- As part of MasterCraft (an Enterprise Application Development Environment that consists of a set of tools for application modelling and model-based code generation) team at TCS R&D Center, worked on architecting, designing, implementing UML 1.3 & UML 2.0 meta-models, XMI Imports, and coding/testing of ADEX modelling tool.
- As part of QA team, active participation in Quality reviews, final inspections, TCS CMM level 5 certification process. Underwent Certified Software Quality Analyst exam and scored second rank.
- Worked in Insurance domain for 1.5 years at USAA, San Antonio, Texas as an onsite Senior Systems Analyst for capturing & reviewing requirements and developing Use Case models.
- Worked as Systems Analyst for the Nedcor Bank in South Africa from India Offshore & HomeShopping customer J. D. Williams for 1 year and was responsible for the requirements specifications, use case creation for defined scenarios, design specs, test case script documentation.