- A dtail oriented Business Analyst with 8+ years of experience in Banking, Finance, Retail, Supply Chain and HR domains with extensive experience to gathering & analyzing user requirements, business modeling, process simulation and data analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of the banking domain including retail banks, credit card services, front and middle office activities, HR domain Oracle PeopleSoft Modules - Absence Management, Payroll Management.
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC methodologies – Waterfall Model, V-Model, and Agile.
- Experience in business requirement gathering, analyzing, and transforming user needs into functional and non-functional requirements, preparing project documents such as BRD, SRS, FRD, and Wireframes.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, SWOT analysis, Risk assessment and mitigation actions for complex projects.
- Proficient in client engagement and in coordinating with stakeholders, cross functional teams and third party vendors.
- Proficient in preparing functional requirements, use cases, process flow diagram and user interfaces.
- Conducted Joint application development (JAD) sessions with relevant Subject Matter Experts to assess and document current configuration.
- Experience in resource and schedule estimation for long term projects with a duration of 12 to 24 months.
- Expertise in preparing status reports, test strategy, project closure report and lesson learned documents.
- Experienced in statistical analysis, data management and simulation modeling using statistical tools- @RISK, Arena.
- Expertise in Quality Assurance including designing, developing, execution and documentation of the test plans, test cases, automated test scripts, test data and test summary reports.
- Extensive experience in various types of software testing, including system integration, regression, performance (load, soak, stress) and user acceptance testing.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Suite –MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Projects and Visio.
- Experience in developing techno-commercial solutions and proof of concept for pre-sales business team.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to pull data and use it to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
- Creative and enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to follow industry standards and procedures, master new concepts quickly, capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships.
- Systems engineering: systems thinking and development, process optimization, configuration management, PDCA, six sigma, JIT, CMMI, simulation modeling, risk management, system analysis and reliability analysis.
- Quantitative and Statistical Concepts: Thorough understanding of PDFs, correlation and covariance, regression analysis, Monte Carlo simulation.
- Familiarity with financial statement analysis, financial modeling, NPV, and cost benefit ratio.
- Knowledge of AML and KYC. Knowledge of Supply Chain including manufacturing strategy- EOQ, OEM, material cost reduction, inventory management, lean operations improvement, vendor selection, and sourcing.
- Thorough understanding of Oracle PeopleSoft Modules- Absence Management, Payroll Management, Exit System, ESS, MSS
- Business Tools: MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office Suite, @Risk, Rockwell Arena
- Methodologies: V-Model, Agile, Waterfall, UML & Business Modeling
- Testing Tools: HP Load Runner, HP QC, HP QTP, Jmeter, Selenium, Sahi
- Operating Systems: Windows XP/95/98/NT/2000, Linux
- Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2000, MySQL
- Content Management Tools: Sharepoint, Joomla
- Languages: UML (Use case , activity diagram, sequence diagram, data flow diagram,), C, C++, HTML, Java, SQL
Confidential, Mclean, VA
Confidential to homebuyer by stabilizing residential mortgage. Freddie Mac facilitates housing for one in four homebuyers and has become one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. It aims to ensure financial institutions have mortgage money to lend, consumers can afford housing and stabilize residential mortgage market.
- Gathered business requirements from various stakeholders, validated business rules and all artifacts with users. Transformed client needs to functional requirements and non-functional requirements.
- Created use-case scenarios and wireframes in MS Visio, and MS word for better visualization of the application.
- Successfully conducted JAD sessions, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders on their objectives and helped the developers and develop a clear vision of project.
- Performed feasibility analysis to understand sources and data flow. Acted as a liaison between stakeholder and technical team to articulate needs, issues and concerns.
- Worked with project manager to define project scope, develop project plans, and prioritized requirements, ensuring solution aligns with client needs.
- Prepared test plan, identified critical business processes, developed and executed system integration and UAT test scenarios.
- Worked with the architect, developers on business and technical issues, assisted in designing of the system;
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix and assisted testers throughout SLDC to ensure all requirements are correctly translated.
- Worked with UX team for a consistent user experience theme- driving for best user experience in form of navigation, user interface.
- Tracked UAT issues/bugs and prepared reports.
- Created and executed SQL scripts to be used for test validation in System Integration and Performance Testing.
- Analyzed raw data, to identify performance bottleneck in the critical business process and provided recommendations.
Confidential , AZ
Confidential is a solar go-kart competition for high school students organized and hosted by Tech Parks Confidential. The purpose of the program is to help high school students develop STEM skills. During the program participants are mentored by industry and academic experts. The scope of the project was to connect, network with industry expert gather requirements, research and develop a business model. Business model would be used by various high schools across Arizona. Redesign the RTS website.
- Interacted with the users, designers, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the current business.
- Collaborated with stakeholders across levels to develop program manual and streamline execution; projected 50% increase in competition participants.
- Developed User Interface using Microsoft Visio, and developed web pages using content management software Joomla v2.5
- Gathered requirement from various stakeholders to define to-be process, conducted gap fit analysis and provided recommendations.
- Analyzed the system and data flow to optimize the performance of website. Provided consultation for performance tuning and optimizing server response time.
- Networked with local industry experts, researched and organized materials to develop program guidelines.
- Conducted meeting, collaborated with various stakeholders to document business requirement, maintained.
- Published weekly status report, coordinated weekly status meetings.
- Performed Risk Analysis to identify the business critical and high-risk areas of the application and developed mitigation plans to minimize the risks.
- Drafted business Use Cases such that business model development is possible and any future changes could be easily managed.
- Assisted in technology selection for the application, based on Cost-Effectiveness and Quality with consideration for future implementations.
- Developed and maintained RTM and issue tracking to make sure requirements are matched.
Confidential, Lake Zurich, IL
Sr. Business Analyst/Data Analyst
Confidential Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office products. They market products in more than 100 countries through own sales force and distribution networks.Confidential has long history of industry leadership and innovation and focused on delivering exceptional value for shareholders and customers by providing unique, leading-edge, branded office products.
- Conducted and participated in user interviews to understand and document business requirements and functional specifications
- Identified and developed process flow diagrams for various business processes and validated the flows with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Documented supplemental specifications and UI specifications for the system
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, activity and State Diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology
- Worked as a liaison between business users, testers and application development team
- Developed the prototype design for the Comprehensive Reporting and Transaction Reporting modules. Obtained feedback from the client and implemented changes as requested. Assisted in determining optimum technologies to develop the application
- Assisted the QA group in developing and documenting test cases, system testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Assisted in developing help documentation and user manuals in accordance to the client's documentation guidelines
- Reviewed QA test cases for coverage and provided the feedback
- Created nested and conditional subgroups and formatting features in reports
- Tuned reports for faster execution using stored procedures, views, and column indexes
- Created complex formulas at the summary level and group level to implement the business logic
Senior Business Analyst
- Involved in different phases of the ordering system, mainly supply chain and check out phase which also involved leading the team in the integration phase to upgrade POS systems
- Supported full life cycle of the project using Oracle Retail Merchandising System
- Involved with all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies throughout the project life cycle
- Gathered, analyzed, documented business and technical requirements from both formal and informal sessions and validate the needs of the business stakeholders
- Gathered high level requirements and developed scope of the project
- Conducted weekly meetings for deciding the Policies and Procedures to be followed while constructing new sites
- Performed the requirement analysis, impact analysis and documented the requirements.
- Followed a systematic approach to eliciting, organizing, and documenting requirements of the system
- Implement and maintain orders and payment (e.g. bug-fix, data integration, version release) systems
- Reviewed the Joint Requirement Documents (JRD) with the cross functional team to analyze the high level requirement
- Assisted Project Manager and Scrum Master with project schedule development and ensured scheduling among cross functional teams
- Interacted with client and the Technical Team for requirement gathering and translation of Business Requirements to Technical specifications
- Conducted interviews, meetings and JAD sessions during the process of Requirement Gathering
- Planned and documented procedures for data processing and prepared data flow diagrams for the application
- Analyzed and translated business requirements into system specifications utilizing UML and RUP and Agile methodology
- Prepared Functional Design Specifications (FDS) employing Use case scenarios, sequence diagrams and class diagrams
- Documented Test Cases and assisted the QA Team with the Test Plan
- Documented the Traceability Matrix for tracing the requirements and the Test Cases related to them
- Prepared Demo on SharePoint for various businesses to get new approvals
- Performed Unit Testing and User Acceptance testing and documented detailed results
- Provided input (scope, goals, risks, constraints, timelines and interfaces) to PM for project planning and control
- Implemented and streamlined HR policies and procedures with existing system to ensure proper integration of new employee compensation and benefits program
- Oversaw business and Human Resource projects using Oracle People Soft
- Assisted in the development of Supply Chain EDI, other retail interfaces and processes to support data synchronization, electronic invoice, and effective general communications with supplier partners
- Assisted in development and continued development of Supplier Portal Application
- Lead defining the solution for: pricebook management of information flow from EDI sources to category managers for approval/denial of new item setups, approve or deny cost and/or retail changes, product availability dates, etc., prior to updating the retail data base
- Experience in the use of XML for data sharing - storing, sending and receiving data between systems in collaboration with the use of HTML
Confidential, Dell , India
Sr. Software Dev Analyst
Confidential leading operator of purpose built student accommodation. It provides a home for over 43,000 students in 130 properties across 23 of the UK’s strongest university cities. It works in partnership with higher education providers, as well as renting directly to students.
- Estimated schedule and resource utilization develop project plan,
- Spearheaded team of eight test analyst overseeing daily tasks ensuring solution meets client expectations.
- Gathered business requirements through my interaction with the users, designers, developers, Project Manager and SMEs to get a better understanding of the business processes.
- Performed Feasibility, Adaptability and Risk Analysis to identify the business critical and high-risk areas of the application.
- Collaborated with cross functional teams to achieve 2 weeks early delivery of project within scope and budget.
- Maintained and published weekly status report, coordinated weekly status meetings.
- Implemented Open Source Test Framework for performance testing to eliminate the licensing cost.
- Identified gaps and performed gap analysis and played a pivotal role in enhancing the standard process.
- Provided consultation and solutions to database and development teams to improve performance of retail web based application that resulted in reduced average response time of overall application by 80%.
- Created test scenarios for System Integration, Performance, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Developed project summary report, Go/ No Go report, and documented lesson learned.
- Part of Centre of Excellence (Non-Functional Team) and provided recommendation to Pre-Sales for potential business.
Confidential, Steria, India
Boots is leading pharmacy chain in UK. Phoenix is the application which is used by call center representatives to fulfill customers’ order placed through phone service request.
- Crated UML diagrams including Activity Diagrams and Process Flow Diagram
- Interacted with client to understand key business functionalities, Worked with End Users team to gather requirements and analyze them.
- Prepared system integration test cases, and performance test scripts.
- Prepared detailed test plan, test summary reports, secured signoff from stakeholders.
- Worked as liaison between third party vendor, technical team and management.
- Wrote SQL queries to prepare test data for volume testing.
- Secured sign-off and approval of deliverables from stakeholders.