Over 7 years in the Healthcare industry, including insurance, pharmacy and consumer driven health plans. A motivated self-starter with a proven track record in exceeding goals; committed to improvement through a solution-based approach. Sophisticated, results-driven information systems professional with a demonstrated ability to successfully elicit and document requirements. Ensures strategic alignment of information resources with business priorities and comprehensive assessment and management of risks, and requirements for projects. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to support clear communication of requirements and participate as the liaison between business and tech team. Politically Savvy, good conflict management skills, with excellent training and oratory skills.
- Documenting Risk & Mitigation Strategies
- Communication Management
- Scope Development & Management
- Business Continuity planning and Disaster recovery planning
- SCRUM master and Business analyst
- EPICS, themes definition
- User stories
- Moderate SQL knowledge
- QA Test Plan and manual Testing
- Maintaining Issue log
Chronological Summary of Experience
- Interacting with the team members including Product Owner, Scrum Master, Developers (front-end, back-end, ATG), QA & UX designers in completing Releases in a two week Iteration periods.
- Responsible for creating User Stories with the input of SME’s, Product Owner and team members.
- Refine and manage requirements and user stories (for design); work with product owner to identify MVP (Minimum Viable Product); create process flow diagrams.
- Create requirements to build out UX, wireframes, high fidelity comps, and usable prototype(s) per sprint plans/user stories, and in close partnership with Novation UX designers / product owners
- We used Lucid chart for the mock screens and wireframes
- Captured the data requirements and worked with the data architect to ensure we build a data dictionary
- Document Portal requirements and process flows in an agreed upon format (beyond user stories, prototype, annotations, etc.) for greater integration with development partner(s) - and IP reference
- Implement Agile UX best practices, promote adoption, and mentor Novation designers and partnership with product owners.
- Used Rally for requirements management
- Supported the Project manager and at times, acted as the scrum master to drive the sprints
- Responsible for maintaining and updating Product Backlog in Agile tool Rally, while assigning tasks to development and QA team and keeping task progress accurate in Rally and task board.
- Lead Demo to executives, internal teams & stakeholders on the completion of each Iteration.
- Performed business analysis and risk analysis of the application to identify the key risk areas for the project.
- Conducted requirements and design walkthroughs with the designers, developers and management staff.
- Used MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines and resources, collaborate on projects and analyze project information.
- Used MS Visio to create various Business models like Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, State Chart, Collaboration and Sequence diagrams for the system.
- Worked as a liaison between users and the stakeholders to resolve any conflicts.
- Met with client groups to determine user requirements and goals. Analyzed Business requirements and System specifications using which developed Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases for the Functional, GUI, Integration, Security, Performance, Regression and Installation testing.
- Created and Updated Risk Assessment Document identifying the Risks to the Project due to sever dependencies of the Project on internal Blocks and external Vendors / Entities etc.
- Performed System Testing to ensure that the compiled software components of the Applications adhere to Project Standards, Performance Criteria and Functional specifications.
- Actively involved in walkthroughs and meetings with Project Team to discuss related issues. Helped plan and setup the project-testing environment in co-ordination with the System administrators and developers.
Des Moines IA
Business Analyst Intern
- Gathered Business Requirements, analyzed data/workflows, and defined the scope, financial projections and Cost/Benefit analysis.
- Developed prototype of new information processing application. Met with client groups to determine User Requirements and Goals, thus converting User Requirements into Business Requirements and User and Functional Requirement Specification.
- Facilitated collection of Functional Requirements from system users, and prepared Business Requirement documents using Rational RequisitePro.
- Applied the RUP model throughout the entire development and testing process.
- Involved in development of Business and Technical Requirements in preparation of Design and Functional Specifications for Business Needs and Processes.
- Worked as an Interface between the users and the different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the business and IT processes.
- Performed code review and walkthrough, final project review, and business department liaison Worked as an Interface between the users and the different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the business and IT processes.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, and information needs, and ensured that critical requirements are not missed. Prepared Business Process Models that includes modeling of all the activities of business from conceptual to procedural level.
- Captured business needs, gathered requirements and ensured requirements conform to overall business objectives and specifications.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business process, business rules, information needs and insured that critical requirements are not missed.
- Applied UML methodologies to design Business and System Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagram and Task diagrams.
- Accumulated customer requirements from various end through surveys, interviews and JRP sessions and JAD sessions and translated them into system requirements. Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance.
- Responsible for meetings with users and stakeholders to identify problems, resolve issues and improve the process to ensure a stable and accurate solution.
- Facilitated user acceptance testing and test strategies with developers and testers. Involved in developing the test strategy and helped in developing QA Test plans for Functional, Integration and System Testing.
- Analyzed system requirements and developed detailed Test plan and Test cases for testing the functionality. Performed manual front-end testing to check all functionalities of different modules.
- Analyzed team performance with the Project manager and implemented the changes if any in order to raise the efficiency of the entire team.
- Worked with the project manager for planning and organizing the project activities, and in communicating with other business center mangers and stakeholders of the project.