Senior-level developer,team leader and Business Analyst experienced working on various systems and platforms.Excellent communication, troubleshooting and research skills including program review and data analysis. Extensive experience working to establish system requirements, designing solutions and developing documents to support every phase of system development including Functional and Technical Program Specs, Test Plans, Visio documents such as Data Flows, Business Flows and Program Flows.
Mainframe: Cobol, CICS;Natural, Adabas,Construct; VSAM, Syncsort, JCL, TSO;
Easytrieve Plus, EasyKey
SAP: ABAP, Configuration, Vistex, ALV, Webdynpro
Software: Microsoft Suite, including Word, Access, Excel,Powerpoint,Microsoft Project, Visio, Project
Confidential Naperville, Illinois
Wholesale distributor to the convenience industry.
Completed design and programming tasks on Cobol/CICS mainframe system.
- Documented and executed annual process to support accounting year end.
- Designed and documented process to move data from logistics system to mainframe system.
- Created new and maintained existing batch jobs.
- Supported system on call after hours.
- Moved data between platforms using FTP.
- Researched problems using analysis of data and studying existing program code.
Work with users to define requirements for HR functions, make configuration changes and program changes in SAP using ABAP.
- Documented and helped create process for insurance open enrollment for all employees.
- Designed process to create interface with outside service provider.
- Support Vistex Sales Incentive Programs.
- ABAP coding of reports and custom mod pool and tables
Confidential , Westmont, Illinois
Metals processor and distributor.
Assigned tasks and supervised team of five programmer/analysts. Designed and programmed new requirements and performed maintenance changes in Cobol and Natural.
- Supervised new system development replacing obsolete technology including on-line and batch modules.
- Designed and created new functionality allowing freight surcharges to be quickly and easily updated savings hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Completed design and programming tasks in Cobol and Natural.
- Supervised Y2K changes avoiding considerable business and cost impact due to system failure.
- Designed and completed system changes accommodating business growth as company purchased pre-existing plants from other companies.
Confidential Lombard, Illinois
Computer programming consultant.
Performed analysisand programming tasks for client firms.
- Completed project designing and creating system extracting shipping information for logistics project.
- Designed and completed interface between new and existing system.
- Performed Cobol/CICS and Adabas/Natural general maintenance programming.
Confidential Oak Brook, Illinois
Non-profit company administering Illinois Municipal employee pension funds.
Senior Programmer/ Analyst
Designed and programmed new system. Team lead responsible for maintenance.
- Designed and supervised pilot project in Adabas/Natural through complete life-cycle development.
- Supervised maintenance staff of five, set priorities and worked with internal customers establishing requirements.