- Business Analyst with more than 7 years of proficiency in business analysis, including wide experience in healthcare industry.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and its various methodologies such as RUP, Waterfall, Agile, and SCRUM.
- Well experienced in business requirements gathering and managing, Risk Analysis, Gap Analysis, Feasibility Studies, and UML Modelling.
- Strong qualifications in Business Process Improvement (BPI), Project Management, Object Oriented Analysis-design and modeling (OOAD), Business Process Flow and Business Process Modelling (BPM).
- Hands on expertise in Rational Requisite Pro as requirement gathering tool.
- Used Business Objects to create Business Intelligence reports requested by the management.
- Proficient in using UML for BPM, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Process work flow diagrams, and document them using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Sound knowledge and experience in Data-Warehousing and Database Mapping. Structure, Store and transport data using XML
- Experienced in preparing and documenting the User Acceptance Test (UAT) plan. Expert in facilitating and defining entire Testing Life Cycle assisted QA team by reviewing test cases and clarifying requirements to ensure complete coverage of requirements.
- Strong knowledge of BI Reports, OLAP, OLTP, ETL tools, EDI file and FTP files
- Expertise on Identifying and writing Business Rules.
- Adept at preparing Business requirements documents (BRDs), defining project plans, writing system requirements specifications, and delivering project reports.
- Experience conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and Joint Application Requirements (JAR) with superior organization and presentation skills.
- Expert at analysing, designing, and reengineering systems applications and business processing.
- Worked on MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines, resources, collaborate with
- Different teams, and analyse project information.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) and Enterprise Date Warehouse (EDW).
- Excellent skills in Object Oriented (OO) Analysis, Data Analysis, Requirement Analysis, and Use Case Development.
- Created and maintained scorecards, dashboards, and performance metrics to measure, evaluate and communicate the project performance.
- Well experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Hands on experience with the ETL tool informatica.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience working with business user as well as senior management.
- Lead and worked with teams to examine and solve business problems by accurately analysing the needs of clients and helping them achieve improved quality and value for their customers, strong leadership and mentoring skills, and highly proficient organizational and computer skills.
Windows Vista/ 2008/ XP/ 2003/2000/NT, AIX, Sun Solaris, LINUX, UNIX;
MS-Access, Oracle, My SQL, SQL Server, DB2, DB Visualizer,
SDLC-Waterfall Model, Agile/ Scrum, RUP, Business Process Model Notation (BPMN), V-Model, JAD;
Structure Diagram- Class & Object Diagram; Behavior Diagram- Use Case, Activity, Sequence and Swim Lane Diagrams;
Requirement and Test:
Rational Requisite pro, Rational Software Architect (RSA), Quality Centre (QC), Rational Requirement Composer (RRC);
Content Management Tools:
SharePoint, Knowledge Link, Consensus;
Mercury interactive tools- Win Runner, Test Director, Quality Centre (QC), Application Life Cycle Management (ALM);
HTML, XML, ASP.Net, JSP, Java, Confidential Web Sphere, J2EE, VB.Net;
MS Office Suite:
MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project;
MS-Visio, Rational Rose, Erwin;
Business Objects, Tableau,Crystal Reports;
Mat lab, ETL tool – informatica;
Confidential , Wayne, Pennsylvania
Sr. Business Analyst
International Business Machines ( Confidential ) Corporation provides information technology (IT) products and services worldwide. The company’s Global Technology Services segment provides IT infrastructure and business process services, including outsourcing, process, integrated technology, cloud, and technology support. Its Global Business Services segment offers consulting solutions for strategy and transformation, application innovation, enterprise applications, and smarter analytics; and application management, maintenance, and support services.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements and analyzed the requirements using Rational Rose and Requisite Pro.
- Initiated Walkthrough and interviewed with the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and stakeholders to keep track of user requirements
- Writing User Stories out of collected requirements based on Agile Methodology.
- Conducted JAD session with stakeholders, users, vendor and SME’s, project directors for open and pending issues to develop the specifications.
- Conducted routine SCRUM as a Scrum Master and participated in sprint planning by presenting product backlog details to the team to facilitate understanding.
- Experience creating workflows using formal notation such as the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN).
- Documented high-level logical data models, Functional Requirement Documents (FRD/SRS), Non-Functional Requirements and BRD supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the actors to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Created Use-Case diagrams, Sequence diagrams, and Activity diagrams based on the project scope and business process.
- Wrote SQL Statements to extract Data from Date warehouse to verify the output Data of the reports.
- Modeled the AS-IS system and performed GAP Analysis for the existing system in order to map it to the To-Be system.
- Worked with Microsoft SharePoint for document management and as a common repository for project documents and deliverables.
- Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace the relationship between business and functional requirements to test cases. Prepared and executed different Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Reviewed test cases written by QA team Provide input into Test Plan creation and support test plan validation as required for QA for the better execution of test cases.
- Maintained and monitored Project progress status using MS Project.
- Communicated status of efforts to management and business partners.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the stakeholders and business users, fixed the discovered errors and verified it through regression testing.
- Served as the primary point of contact between business and technical staff to ensure that all stakeholders have accurate and current information throughout the process.
- Works with IT to conduct testing to meet project timelines and ensures that all tests are conducted and documented according the standards agreed upon by the business unit and IT.
Environment: UML, SQL, Windows Server 2003, Java, XML, Excel, Visio, MS Project, Share Point, Power Point, Mercury Quality Center, Test Director, SQL Server 2012.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Confidential provides a wide range of information technology applications and support services. Applications encompass day-to-day processing including freight scheduling, tracking and monitoring, as well as more comprehensive functions such as data resource management, system architecture and network management.
- Facilitated JAD sessions by convening end-user representatives, development team members, and technical personnel, to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to consensus.
- Coordinated with Citrix XenApp vendor to customize UT Health requirements and designed all scripts for UT Health providers.
- Developed BRD and Functional Requirements Document (FRD) resulting from JAD sessions and translated requirements to development teams. Version controlled them using SharePoint and carefully updated the information in an easily understandable format.
- Analysed Memorial Hermann existing EMR and developed mapping process between UT health EMR and Memorial Hermann EMRs.
- Designing EMR application GUI Interface for patient demographic information, directives, Encounters information, patient activity information, Allergies, Vitals information, and diagnosis information.
- Assisted in the designing and creating new components for client use and created an exceptional UI by redesigning the entire user experience across all main web properties.
- Interacted with team to review and develop HIPAA X12 5010 data standards, data exchange between providers and Clearing House.
- Used UML to develop application flow charts, Use cases, ER diagrams, and activity diagrams for all EMR GUI applications.
- Performed GAP analysis to report the capabilities of the current EMR system and the requirements that needed to be incorporated proposed EMR system.
- Closely interacted with designers and technical team to understand application functionality and navigational flow and keep them updated about business user's sentiments.
- Worked on SQL by writing complex queries such as stored procedures, triggers and joins.
- Designed graphic interface for patient vital information, Status and current medication.
- Assisted Project Manager in meeting schedules, budgeting, resource allocation, deadlines and maintaining a project schedule using MS Project.
- Advocated the appropriate level of quality by the resolution of important defects; and working with the IT project manager to ensure the software development process has an appropriate level of testing.
Environment: Rational Requisite Pro, QDQ, MS-Visio, RUP, UML,SQL, MS Office, Share Point, Windows 2000.
Confidential, Iselin, NJ
Confidential is a growing group of health care plans with its base in the states of New Jersey, Delaware, and Pennsylvania, which has grown to more than 265,000 members since its inception in 1995. The project was to develop a web-based application, which would provide online insurance services to their customer and Agents. The application involved quotation tool and allowed customers to purchase the insurance online after selecting the insurance plan, pricing, and location details. The system also allowed agents to quote or complete application online on behalf of the customer. The application consists of Health insurance, Policy and Claim service module.
- Gathered requirements from the vendors using methods like personal interviews, questionnaires, and team meetings.
- Responsible for identifying the Business rules.
- Responsible for writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS).
- Communicated with cross functional teams and documented changes over time as the project followed Agile Methodology.
- Organized walk-through’s with system developers to explain the business and system requirements and validate end-user requirements.
- Worked with ETL tool to retrieve data and SQL to extract data.
- Responsible for supervising work activities with offshore (Development and Testing) teams and was responsible to submit a weekly status to the business on the status of each project.
- Tested and peer reviewed the output files before being delivered to the vendor/ client.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with the management groups, vendors, users, and IT groups.
- Conducted functional walk-through’s as well as UAT sessions.
- Held team discussions to deliberate over various scenarios that could take place and impact the project.
- Involved in writing test cases, procedures, and reports
- Managed off shore team and on shore team for clearly defining the requirements
Environment: MS Office, SQL Server, Agile, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Requisite Pro, UML.
The Project consists of Automation of various government departments. The state government departments were transitioning from manual process to implementing softwares to replace the manual processes. The various department were department of tourism, department of health, state police department etc.
- Arranged JAD sessions with business users and development team to drive out detailed business requirements.
- Created specifications for enhancements by using existing legacy system documentation and procedures.
- Implemented Agile methodology to help analyse the problems and understand user needs.
- Interacted closely with end users to understand and gather the business needs and requirements.
- Analyzed and designed the workflow to show users and client how the system would realize in the implementation phase.
- Analyzed data and created class diagrams and ER diagrams for designing the application.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using UML.
- Closely interacted with technical team and development to ensure they understood the application’s functionality and navigational flow.
- Used MS SharePoint to efficiently organize content management and process integration during application development
- Prepared the BRD (Business Requirement document) and Project document for the project.
- Prepared the TRD (Technical Requirement document).
- Developed SQL Queries to compare UI results and database
Environment: Agile, MS Visio, Share Point Oracle 10g, Mercury Quality Centre, Microsoft Office.
Confidential is the largest fibre manufacturing company in India. This project involved developing an effective sales & distribution system accessing which all company associates and executives could access the fiber distributions and inventory and stock levels (at a given time) at the different regional offices and distribution center across the country.
- Worked with software engineers and business units, assisted in formulating and defining system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with a basic understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
- Estimated the overall Cost and Schedule for the entire Project.
- Follow Waterfall Model for application development and its implementation.
- Gathered requirements from end users of all the regional offices and business units.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and create Workflow diagrams.
- Developed use cases and activity diagrams to model processes
- Involved in Functional testing and Integration testing.
- Participated in Project Management duties such as preparing weekly status reports for senior management
- Used MS Project to assist Project Manager in creating Project Plans.
- Analyzed test results and created reports based on software testing
Environment: Waterfall, C, C++, .Net, UNIX – Sun Solaris, Windows, XML, MS-Office.
Confidential , India
Assistant Manager, Finance & Accounts
The Company Confidential . concentrates in providing services in the arena of Oil & Gas field. JEL is India based provider of Oil & Gas Field services such as Drilling, Workover, Fishing, Gas compression and Drilling fluid chemical services.
- Developed operating budgets and distributed financial resources to Project Managers, leading to better planning and optimized utilization of resources.
- Assisted CFO in creating pro-forma reports of operating cash flow, facilitating calculation of Net Present Value for projects.
- Created monthly financial statements (MIS reports) with variance analysis, including P/L statements, aged account receivables, operations performance.
- Prepared various top-level reports such as cash flow reports, expenses reports, Payment gateways periodic performance reports etc. to constantly compare the present trends with the forecasted expenses.