- 8 years of experience in software testing of Web based and Client /Server Applications.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education al workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Solves organizational information problems and requirements by analyzing requirements; designing computer programs; recommending system controls and protocols.
- Experienced in testing GUI, Database and Web applications using the automated testing tools like Win Runner and Test Director/ Quality Center.
- Proficient in development and implementation of Test Plans, Test Design, Test Cases.
- Hands on experience in Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Web Testing, Load Testing.
- Experienced in establishing QA standards, processes and procedures.
- Proficient in manual and automated testing methodologies, including data driven test design.
- Strong skills in testing SQL Queries on RDBMS databases.
- Extensive experience in data validation and manipulation in the RDBMS databases using SQL queries.
- Experience in Bug Tracking Tools.
- Highly skilled in troubleshooting and problem analysis.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Tools like MS Word, MS Excel, MS project and Power Point for Documentation, Reporting and Presentation and prepared SRS‘s for the automation.
- Work experience in Banking, Financials, Pharmaceuticals and Insurance industries.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both Independent and Team Work environments.
- Strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to express technical concepts verbally and in written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player and also have ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
Operating Systems: Windows NT, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, 2008
Tools: Quality Center 10.0/11.0, Team Tracker, Rational Unified Process (RUP), and UML. SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS),SQL Server Business Intelligence Development, SQL(BIDS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS),SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS),SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS),MS Visual Studio 2005/2008, DTS,SQL Profiler, Crystal Reports, MS-Access, MS-Excel, MS Visio, ERWIN
Languages: PL/SQL, VB.Net, C/C++, XML.
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports 8.5/9.0/10, SSRS and .Net Reporting Services
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008- R2/2012,Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, MS-ACCESS 2000/2003, DB2, T-SQL
Role: Sr. Testing Analyst/Business Analyst
EDD is developing the Unemployment Insurance Modernization (UI Mod) Continued Claims Redesign (CCR) System to improve customer service so that EDD can continue to delivery timely benefits to eligible workers. This system must advance the Department’s vision for the CCR Project to eliminate the most labor-intensive activities inherent in the continued claims process and provide additional self-service capacity for customers, allowing for a redirection of staff resources to other business functions within the UI Program.
- Analyzed the system requirements, Business Requirements and test plans accordingly.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Analyzed Use Cases and created Test scenarios.
- Involved in writing Test scripts.
- Executed Test cases and raised defects in HP QC.
- Involved in defect triage and interacted with developers and design people.
- Prepared Test data for execution.
- Owned and communicated overall test progress and escalated issues to upper management in a timely fashion.
- Worked closely with the client resources to close out the functional gaps and potential issues in the code and the functionality.
- Supervised the system test cases and scenarios walkthroughs with clients.
- Created Process to understand and execute Scripts which includes BizTalk (middleware).
- Written and Executed SQL Queries to test the data base.
- Analyzed Results with Business Analysts.
- Involved in meetings to identify the new structure and modify existing structure as and when necessary for the application under test.
- Involved in Integration, System, Regression Testing and UAT.
Confidential -Chicago, IL
Role: QA Analyst
The Center for Economic Progress (CEP) helps low-income, working families as a trusted provider of tax and financial services and also helps to promote financial education and sound money practices. It provides year-round workshops and one-on-one financial coaching to help clients set financial goals, create a spending plan, access safe and affordable bank products like bank accounts and small dollar loans, and review and correct credit reports and improve credit scores. The agency first focused on helping homeless families and individuals access services.
- Created detailed Test plan, Test Scenarios and Test cases according to the business requirements.
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries to verify for ensuring Business needs and Data Verification
- Involved in writing test scripts in Quality center and executing the test scripts to test the functionality of the application.
- Reported defects using Quality Center to the development team.
- Involved in Unit testing, Integration testing, System testing, Compatibility testing.
- Testing XML files that are processed through application.
- Tested the application compatibility with various versions of browsers
- Involved in retesting the defects.
- Worked with Application Developers, Business Analysts and Technical Support staff in identifying and resolving problems.
Environment: Quality Center 10.0, IBM Websphere, Manual Testing, .Net, HTML, XML, SQL Server 2005
Role: MS SQL Server BI Developer / SSRS/SSIS/SSAS
ADP automatic data processing company is a professional employer organization that outsource for payroll and tax filing processor. It also provides computing and data services to auto, motorcycle, truck, and recreational vehicle dealers. The main task of this project is to transfer the data from XML source to SQL Server destination and generate employee reports. An integration system exists that sends employee data in form of XML messages and is received by SQL Server.
- Involved in planning, design, analysis, implementation and maintenance of SQL server database.
- Analyze technical and functional design documentations to develop SSIS packages and SQL
- Server Stored Procedures, to transform and load extract legacy data based on business rules and
- Field level mapping.
- Involved in designing ER diagrams and mapped the data into database objects.
- Executed data conversion ETL packages and generated the appropriate execution reports.
- Developed stored procedures, views, and other objects required to transform, translate, retain
- Aggregate data for complex data conversion requirement
- Involved in transferring data from various data sources such as MS Excel, XML, Flat files, and CSV files into SQL server 2012.
- Designed many (SSIS) SQL server integration packages for migrating data using various
- Complex transformations such as derived column, lookup, and merge join.
- Scheduled the system and user database backups and restored them whenever necessary.
- Monitored SQL Server and tuned poor performing SQL scripts.
- In the SSIS packages used various control flow tasks such as for each loop, sequential container and bulk insert and execute SQL tasks.
- Extracted data from XML files and used various transformation techniques to cleanse the Data as per business requirement.
- Designed and maintained various types of reports using SSRS SQL server reporting services.
- Designed and implemented parameterized, drilldown and cascading reports using SSRS
- Involved in deploying reports to report manager and trouble shooting for any errors occurred in
- Designed partitions in Cubes on time for improvement in performance using SSAS.
- Created the structure of the model and cube in SSAS and reviewed Cube with end user and changed the cube and documentation according to their requirements.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, MS Windows Server, SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), Crystal Reporting tool, Visual Studio, T-SQL, XML, IIS 6.0/7.0, ERWIN ,VB.Net.
Role: QA Tester
Simulator 2.0 is an online integrated sale order processing system. This system is designed to meet the informational and operational requirements of the factory and branch offices. The system generates a variety of reports covering all aspects of the department right from tendering (preparation of prices worksheet) to completion of order. It collects data related to the project, the scope, region and location.
- Involved in writing and implementing the Test plan, Test cases, Test Procedures, Test sets using Design document and functional specs.
- Performed Functional Testing and Regression Testing of the application.
- Created functionality test cases after establishing critical values and workflow.
- Wrote Integration Test Plan and tracked daily activities by getting updates for each task and following up on any open issues resulting from integration testing step.
- Performed Database Validation testing.
- Used Test Director for Bug tracking and reporting.
- Tracked extensive IT testing issues of the whole project resulting from test execution and categorized according to severity of the problem.
Role: QA Analyst
As a Quality Assurance Engineer for ICICI Life Insurance involved in testing Insurance applications and also testing Fixed Life and Annuity products involving new products, membership, Billing and Claims processing.
- Review and analyze the business requirements.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test designs and test reports using Test Director.
- Test the functionality of various subsystems (Claims, Provider, Prior Authorization, Pre-admission screening, Referrals, Reference ).
- Extensively test the claims for professional and institutional (Inpatient, outpatient).
- Develop test cases, test scripts for claims, membership, providers and eligibility applications.
- Conduct smoke, functional, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Test the new products and membership functionality.
- Conduct system, UAT and regression testing, debugged the software errors, and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Validate the data in the warehouse using SQL queries.
- Developed / modified SQL queries to insert / update and extract the table’s data for tests verification.
- Interact with developers to resolve technical issues.
Environment: Windows XP, Windows 2008, IE7, IE9, Word
- Developed Manual test scenarios and test cases from Business Requirements and Design Documents
- Prepared Manual Test Scenarios and Test Cases for the Application under test.
- Was responsible for tracking and writing the Traceability Matrix.
- Participated in co-ordination and implementation of QA methodology.
- Executed test cases manually and verified actual results against expected results.
- Drafted test strategies, test cases and test plan based on functional specification.
- Performed manual testing at initial stages followed by majority of automated testing
- Performed negative and positive testing manually, along with functionality testing
- Interacted with developers and the Business on a regular basis for enhancing the requirements.
- Instrumental in leading the team for Test Run Iterations/Data driving test for better implementation.
- Was involved in User Acceptance Testing and interfaced with automation team to ensure the automated scripts comply with system test requirements.
- Wrote test cases based on decomposition document to execute testing.
- Performed data integration testing on the application
- Debugged the Database for accuracy of data
- Reviewed Business Requirement Documents and the Technical Specification.
Environment: Windows XP/2000/NT, Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director, DOORS, Mainframe, DB2, Java, UNIX, IIS, SQL, HTML, ASP.NET