- Over 8+ years of dynamic and diversified experience as a Business Analyst in Information Technology (IT) industry- Testing, Design, Development, and Implementation of Software applications.
- Proficient in complete Agile, Rup, and Waterfall methodology, providing a well-balanced understanding of business relationships, business requirements.
- Efficient in conducting workshops and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, project meetings, reviews and walk through sessions.
- Experienced with software development life cycle (SDLC) and processes in a team environment with emphasis on requirements Elicitation, analysis, specification, verification.
- Excellent work experience in creating project plans, business processes, Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), Business Process Modeling (BPM), Use Cases, User Stories, Activity Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Requirement Traceability Matrix and Test Plans.
- Expertise using MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro for modeling and capturing business requirements.
- Experienced in developing project plans using MS Project and MS Share Point, identifying documents, and validating requirements and reengineering process.
- Experienced in writing SQL queries / joins using MS SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Professional with extensive experience in the development, implementation and integration of strategies within a team oriented environment, utilizing quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Experienced in creating test plans, test cases, test results analysis with the testing team and reporting defect management and test status matrices.
- Experienced in Systems Testing, Integration Testing, and Software Quality Standards, training , documentation, and implementation in a business environment.
- Extensive documentation skills experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT), GAP analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit, Impact analysis and ROI analysis.
- Experienced with Data Warehousing, Data Mart, Data Mapping, Data Modeling, Data Research.
- Experienced in ensuring Quality, Budget and Timeliness of the project.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for understanding the functional requirements and design of the business application.
- Experienced in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) from different data sources like Oracle, MS SQL Server into a common analytical data model using Informatica Power Center 7.1.4/8.6.
- Experienced in performance tuning of Informatica sources, Targets, Mappings, Transformations and Sessions, developed batch processes and ETL tools to update the accounts.
- Excellent understanding of HIPAA standards (4010 and 5010), HIPAA code sets ICD- 9, ICD 10 and HL7. Proficient working over FACETS environment.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate at all levels of business.
- Experienced with Oracle Flexcube integrated on an AGILE where banks can address customer needs, empower knowledge workers, and provide much-needed agility to their IT divisions.
- Excellent knowledge of Service Management processes, and business processes.
- Expertise in analyzing High Level design documents, Technical requirements.
- Experienced in Test schedule planning, Batch Test Scheduling and Execution.
- Proficient in creating Test Cases, Test procedures and Test Scripts based on business requirements. Worked with development and QA team in coordinating bug-fixing.
- Excellent knowledge as system analyst and change management.
- Excellent understanding of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Experienced in requirements traceability and creating, maintaining functional, regression test beds.
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
Sr. Business Analyst
The confidential has managed to work its way towards the top of the property/casualty insurance pile. The company is the second-largest personal lines insurer in the US, just behind rival State Farm. Its Confidential Protection segment sells auto, homeowners, and other property/casualty insurance products in Canada and the US. Confidential Financial provides life insurance through subsidiaries including Confidential Life and American Heritage Life. It also provides investment products, targeting affluent and middle-income consumers. Confidential Motor Club provides emergency road service.
- Designed Test Plans and Test Cases for User Acceptance testing (UAT) with the help of QA teams.
- Utilized RUP to configure and develop process, standards and procedures.
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements for the new release of Healthcare tools.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and systems problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Worked with the management for improving and giving new ideas for designing future processes of the HIPPA transactions dealing out with EDI’S 271, 276 and 270, 470, 835, 837, 834, HIPAA 4010, 5010, claim adjustments, claim processing from point of entry to finalizing, claim review, identifying claims processing problems, their source and providing alternative solutions using best practice model and principles and also well versed with ICD10, Facets.
- In depth knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid Claims processes from Admin/Provider/Payer side which were later part of the training program to vendors.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system flows, user administration and requirements.
- Tracked and maintained Stakeholder requested enhancements and changes using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Used the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to develop the different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Prepared Business process models; used Visio to create use case diagrams.
- Designed mockup and wireframes to communicate visual data flow to the end users.
- Developed use cases, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams for a clear understanding of the vision document.
- Recommended corrective actions, if necessary, along with the progress against Development/Action Plan routinely to the Project Manager.
- Administered and coordinated User Acceptance Testing and obtain final system acceptance sign-off with the help of Program Manager.
- Conducted Risk Engineering to derive and execute action plans on time.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues.
- Wrote SQL Queries in MS Access to sort data and analyze the large set of data during project life cycle.
- Used Rational Clear Quest for defects and bug testing.
Environment: User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Clear Quest, Joint Application Development (JAD), MS Access, Windows, Rational Test Manager, MS Office, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
Confidential San Francisco, CA
Business System Analyst
The company aims at creating unprecedented level of transparency in healthcare with two goals: enable consumers to make more informed healthcare decisions and collaborate with providers to improve quality outcomes and affordability. The project was to create an interactive web-based application within the Customer Relationship Management system to allow clients to research, communicate with different healthcare service providers and tailor make their own healthcare tool.
- Developed business process models in RUP.
- Developed high level design of new processes and graphically presented along with text based requirements to IT management
- Conducted JAD sessions to refine prototypes, prioritize and time-box use cases.
- Interviewed clients and defined functional and non-functional requirements and captured them in RequisitePro.
- Used Rational Clear case and Clear quest for version control and defect tracking
- Created all Use Cases and UML models using Rational Rose.
- Assisted Developers in Data Modeling using Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD)
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the marketing team, operations, graphic design team and the technical areas throughout the project.
- Assisted operations team in developing content and training materials
- Used MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines, and resources
- Assisted in testing application in different stages from QA, Staging and Production
- Supported Marketing and business development by identifying right target audience, promoting social marketing and blogs, optimizing website usability and brand building using Omniture web analytical tool
- Organized weekly Project status meetings and Created PowerPoint presentations and project updates using MS Project for management review.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
The Point of Sale (POS) Online Systems are primarily responsible for aggregating and distributing transaction data from the remote POS systems. The data is used by other Confidential s Departments such as EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse), Corporate Systems (HR, WCard, KPI/StoreNet), Loss Prevention Systems to support critical business functions.
POS Online has a suite of applications which receive data from tandem system and process it further to support backend systems, business users and third party systems like Vantiv, Bank of America etc.
- Coordinating with the client team actively for requirement gathering.
- Attending project kick-off meetings, requirement turn over sessions and actively communicating with the client and onshore/offshore development team to minimize gaps between requirement and implementation.
- Preparing Business and functional requirement documents and getting signoffs from stakeholders.
- Publish estimates and project schedule and actively coordinate with onshore/offshore team to closely track timelines.
- Actively involved in Unit testing, certification testing, migration testing, System Integration testing and development integration testing phases.
- Peer Review and testing of application functionality, for different POSOnline applications.
- Facilitating the offshore team by getting approvals on databases, unix servers and application servers related requests.
- Creating weekly JIRA status reports and tracking status of enhancements, defects and tasks weekly.
- Point of contact for applications: EPS data mining, payment systems password management, daily run dashboard, EPS dashboard and Store configuration tool.
Environment: IBM RAD, Java, JIRA, CVS, Remedy, Putty client, Oracle developer, ESP Scheduling tool.
Confidential, Vineland, NJ
Aim was to develop an application for various financial services like Equity, Mutual Funds, Fixed Income, Investments Derivatives, Interest Rate SWAPS, funds transfer, expense processing, standing instructions, journal entries, statement generation and financial report reconciliation projects and CRM
- Interacted with the users, designers, developers and project manager to get a better understanding of the business processes and gathered business requirements and documented it for financial services like fixed income, Derivatives, Equity.
- Analyzed functional requirements, incorporated development and business objectives, and used the information to develop detailed comprehensive test strategies to verify system changes that met the needs of the client
- Performed system and workflow analysis.
- Documented the existing system and verified it with follow-up meetings.
- Responsible for product parameter changes for loans & deposits, loan syndication modules.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using MS Visio.
- Wrote test plans, test scripts, test cases and test procedures.
- Performed Manual Testing and UAT
- Conducted JAD sessions with end-users/clients to gather business requirements and translating the same to the development teams.
- Participated in functional walk-through to validate the application design against the test cases written.
- Responsible for setting up the various stored attributes by interacting with the DB admins.
- Gathered data ,analyzed and Fulfill the Gap between ERP and Business Rules
- Wrote SQL validation scripts to validate the outputs
- Used Toad to check the database updates of the scripts.
- A separate bug tracking process using HP Quality Center 10.0 is being used to track bugs periodically.
- scheduled conference calls with different regions to review the testing status
- Reconciled financial reports.
- Responsible for providing training of different application to user groups
- Used the RUP/SSUP methodology
Environment: SunGard Intellimatch 8.1, TOAD, SQL, Mercury Suites, HP Quality Center, ERP- SAP Ee6 Business Objects XI Rich Client and Web Intelligence, Oracle, MS Share Point, Java, SQL Server, SYBASE, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, MS Visio.
Confidential is an American multinational insurance corporation and its corporate headquarters is located in New York City. The British headquarters office is on Fenchurch Street in London. Confidential was listed 29th largest company in the world.
- Assisting in writing efficient and effective Test Plans, Test Strategy, System testing, End-to-End testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Assisting in writing efficient and effective Test Plans, Test Strategy, System testing, End-to-End testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Participating in the planning, development, coordination and presentation of specific testing needs as appropriate to the quality assurance needs of the end user.
- Assisting business users in defining UAT test cases and plans; Established and maintained test cases and test data in Quality Center.
- Coordinated with the QA Team for testing activities across multiple systems and managed Conversion test execution.
- Helps in conducting Gap Analysis (GAP), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and System Integration testing (SIT) and SWOT analysis.
- Involved in implementation of HIPAA EDI Transactions ( 835,837)
- Facilitated Electronic Data Interchange.
- Performed GAP Analysis for HIPAA 4010 and 5010 transactions.
- Used EDI tools to verify mapping to X12 format.
- Recommend changes for system design, methods, procedures, policies and workflows affecting Medicare/Medicaid claims processing in compliance with government compliant processes like HIPAA/ EDI formats and accredited standards ANSI.
- Analyze HIPAA EDI transactions in X12 responses and of 837, 835, 277CA and 999 and looked for defects.
- Do data analysis for various version changes of EDI messages on different sub-systems.
- Providing the required test data for the developers in order to fix the defects.
- Participating in QA team meeting and bug tracking meetings.
Environment: User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Rational Clear Quest, MS Access, Windows, Rational Test Manager, MS Office.