- Interviewing Stakeholders, Business Customers, IT Team Members, Vendors, Eliciting, Gathering Requirements; Writing Project Charters - scope, goals, objectives, risks;
- Facilitating Meetings, Workshops, JADs
- Documenting High Level, Detailed Functional/Non-Functional Requirements, Technical Specifications, Systems
- Writing User Stories, Use Cases, Business Rules, SLAs
- Creating Website Wireframes, Web Page Mockups, UML Diagrams
- Modeling Current/Future State Business Processes
- Performing Gap Analysis, Feasibility Studies, Demo’s
- Proposing Alternative Solutions;
- Assessing, Prioritizing projects, tasks, issues
- Writing Acceptance Criteria, Test Plans and Test Cases; Managing UAT, Requirement Changes, Issues, Bugs
- Performing Analysis for Configuring, Implementing Cloud/Vendor Solutions, Ecommerce site
- Researching, Analyzing, Documenting Data Models/Integrations/Migrations
- Querying Relational/DW Databases
- Designing BI Solutions
- Proficient at SQL, MS Visio, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, SharePoint, MS SQL, DB2
- Competent with Requirements Management Tools; example: MS TFS, Top Team, Requisite Pro
- Experienced in Agile, SDLC, Ford SDM, Waterfall, RUP
- BA for a major enhancement to the North American Fleet system, a web based system to allow the business to include or exclude body styles
- Wrote UAT test cases for the major enhancement project
- Elicited, analyzed, documented and modeled the requirements to implement Ford of Mexico on the North American Fleet system. Managed requirements using Requisite Pro
- Collaborated with teammates in India and Mexico
- Wrote Use Cases
- Created mockups screens for Ford of Mexico
Business Intelligence Business AnalystResponsibilty:
- Collaborated with the Capital Market business clients to clarify and prioritize their current and future needs.
- Provided BI solutions so clients could drill down, slice and dice when making decisions to hedge various risks and track progress; Examples: Display heat map of loans closed by different lender companies per geographical areas to determine where Confidential might increase its market share; Drill down on mortgage-servicing acquisitions to determine profitability; Display number of lock extensions per rate lock policy to minimize risk; Chart outstanding mortgage-backed security deals in pipeline.
- Wrote user stories; Participated in sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily scrum meetings.
- Elaborated user stories to provide technical specifications to data warehouse, platform and software engineers.
- Worked with engineers to design, develop, test, launch, support solutions and new tables.
- Created user acceptance criteria, performed testing and assisted client with UAT.
- Coordinated with internal cross-functional teams, vendors and IT to load and integrate data into MS SQL DW.
- Wrote SQL to query, extract, research, analyze, validate and troubleshoot data and solutions.
- Demonstrated new BI solutions to clients.
Business Analyst (Consultant via Confidential )Responsibilty:
- Assisted business analyst team in making progress on the last phase of project to create a new Web-based Dealer Management System.
- Reviewed use cases, process flows, functional requirement documents for Finance and Insurance modules in order to guide the offshore Indian team in understanding requirements and developing test plans. Reviewed accuracy of test plans and cases. Identified inconsistencies in the User Interface. Collaborated with team to determine and document consistent User interface standards.
- Documented functionality and features to defer for a future release.
Senior Business Analyst (Consultant via Confidential )Responsibilty:
- Improved accuracy and efficiency of business processes to create and maintain user access and security information in Wall Street Treasury System. Created Visio workflows, wrote requirements.
- Advanced the business processes to prepare and execute the Wall Street Treasury System Quarterly Audits.
- Performed troubleshooting for Treasury System; collaborated and coordinated with vendor, users, co-workers.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Created wireframes, web page/report mockups for several Health Assessment/Wellness/Prevention websites.
- Collaborated with Web developers to estimate cost and time for new web development initiatives.
- Wrote Use Cases. Modeled requirements visually. Ensured requirements were clearly understood.
- Performed technical analysis with Data Integration team for DW project utilizing XML, Web Services.
- Interviewed eight Affiliates and HQ for central Time and Attendance; Documented workflows, business rules; Diagrammed current/future state; Performed gap analysis. Created UAT test plan/cases, traceability matrix.
- Collaborated with web developers and users to design web page templates, branding and widgets for joint website with American Diabetes Association; Business customer utilized WCMS for page content.
- Participated on cross-functional team to assess several different vendor Cloud based Fund Raising applications: Elicited requirements; Wrote project charter, RFI, RFP, matrix for each application with features, cost, benefits, schedule, operational, cultural fit, etc.. Performed formal decision analysis with team.
- Created, executed user survey to identify current pain points/future enhancements for ‘Heart Walk’ application to provide reports of prior year’s revenue/participants and target future potential revenue/participants.
- Modeled current/future state business process for initiative to replace Oracle Siebel with MS Dynamics.
- Business Analyst on 1.5-year project to implement Cloud-based Learning Management System (LMS) for three business units, each having its own distinct LMS business processes. Collaborated with project team and vendor to configure LMS. Participated in Business Impact Analysis and Requirements Workshops.
- Member of a technical implementation team for Single Sign on, Internal/External Enterprise Portals; Integration of several different AHA application’s functionality with LMS; Integration of data from several different internal/ external data sources with LMS. Created context, decomposition diagrams with Visio.
- Collaborated with Web Service and Web development teams on the Ecommerce process for the ‘Jump Rope for Heart’ pledge process to automate the synchronizing of Pay Pal payment information with American Heart constituent information in the Siebel database.
Confidential, Livonia, MI
- Applied my information technology skills in a library setting;
- Used the slow economy as an opportunity to return to school and gain additional IT skills.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Systems Analyst (Consultant via Confidential )Responsibilty:
- Facilitated customer meetings and elicited business requirements for the Diagnostic Related Group (DRG) and Trending projects – data warehouse projects to make claims data more accessible and meaningful
- Performed systems analysis on relational database design – designed simple alternative to other proposed solutions that had unnecessary complexity.
- Wrote high-level business, detailed functional requirements, technical design documents
- Collaborated with DBA team to perform Data Modeling: designed new relational database table/views.
- Developed Project Plan - tasks, duration, deadlines utilizing MS Project.
Confidential, Livonia, MI
- Explored applying information technology skills to libraries. Attended school for Masters.
Confidential, Southfield, MI
- Elicited customer opinions for project to improve usability of the Commercial Vehicle System website.
- Result - Polk received fewer complaints and customers reported a more satisfying website experience.
- Test Specialist for Commercial Vehicle System Website rewrite– created test plans, cases.
- Collaborated with Sales to develop a new product called the catalog merge that merged Polk registered vehicle information with client’s Aftermarket parts catalogs.
- Result - New product increased sales and revenue.
- Presented overview of new catalog merge product to programming team and management.
- Wrote training documentation for different levels of audiences for a variety of applications.
- Wrote data flow documentation using Visio for Business Intelligence (BI) projects.
- Gathered requirements for automotive Business Intelligence (BI) reports from internal sales/external clients.
- Developed automotive BI reports utilizing COBOL, JCL, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad, MS Access, MS Excel.
- Performed data modeling with DBA to create new Oracle tables for After Market team. Defined entity
- relationship diagram, fields/formats, relationships, primary/foreign keys, indexes/constraints.
Confidential, Dearborn, MI,
Business Analyst (Consultant via Confidential)Responsibilty:
- Business Analyst for DRS, a major rewrite of an inventory and logistics system that resulted in a new process that saved Ford inventory cost and time. This 1.8 million dollar project completed successfully on time and under budget.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with business customers. Co-authored DRS Project Charter, which was presented and accepted by Ford management.
- Facilitated business analysis meetings with users, vendors, and technical staff to identify business requirements.
- Resulting artifacts of business analysis meetings included:
- High-level business requirements, present/ future states of business, gap analysis, business process models, functional/non-functional specifications, entity relationship diagram, swim lane, context diagram, logical scope, decomposition tables.
- Modeled requirements – represented requirements visually. Ensured customers and technical staff clearly understood requirements utilizing Visio.
- Project coordinator utilizing iterative development methodology.
- Test Specialist for DRS II, 2nd phase of DRS.
- Designed UAT test plan, which required collaboration/ interfaces with cross-functional teams such as Forecasting, Inventory, and Logistics, Purchase Order, Financial departments and external suppliers.
- Developer on Warranty Claims System.