An IT Business Analysis professional have over 12+ years of IT experience of which, 10+ years as business analyst, requirements analyst of systems, gathering requirements, functional Design development, Scope management, Change Management, Incident management and Root Cause analysis, analyses risk& mitigation, and support software development and testing. Proficient and has abundance knowledge of Business Process, strong in writing Oracle SQL queries and data extract, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and testing methodologies and has first-hand experience with the ITSLCM. Have experience in various operating systems including Windows and UNIX and has hands-on experience on web-based, window-based application and GUI applications. Have years of experience using the tools such as Remedy, Mercury/HP Quality Center, Serena/HP Business Manager tool for Incident Management. Have excellent communication skills and ability to work independently and in team.
Databases: Oracle, Microsoft Access
GUI/Tools: MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Balsamiq, Crystal Reports, Toad, SQL Developer; Oracle APEX; Oracle OBIEE
Version Control / Defect Tracking Tools: Serene Business Manager (SBM) Merant Tracker, Test Director, Quality Center, Remedy
Requirements/Configuration management tools: Clear Case, Clear Quest, RequisitePro, Serena PVCS, SharePoint
Role: Sr. Business Analyst
- Involved and contributed in the various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). During the Requirement phase, conducted JAD sessions, User meetings and team meeting to finalize the requirement. During Design phase, actively involved with developers and configured setups using System Administrator / CRM Administration / Functional Administrator.
- Created various workflow and business process and provided presentation to the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Users to get clarification on their needs and our understanding.
- Conducted meeting business, captured meeting minutes and gathered the business requirements.
- Developed the project plan for the implementation that identified the schedule, tasks, milestones and requirements.
- Gathered requirements during inception phase, documented and delivered functional specification documents, and assisted architecture analysis and design.
- Created need/want analysis matrix for stakeholders to help them set project priorities and scope.
- Interpreted and analyzed the requirements and break them into detailed requirements.
- Created process flow diagrams using Visio representing cross functional team flow via Swim Lane diagrams and developed use cases.
- Created Business Requirements (BR) Document, analyzed constraints, created Training documents and guides for users.
- Developed prototype and mock-up using tools such as Visio, MS PowerPoint, Balsamiq and also Oracle Apex application. Collected functional requirements and prepared Business Requirement and Functional Design (FD) documents.
- Strong in writing SQL queries and reporting the results to the business team.
- Queried relational databases using SQL on a daily basis to setup data for testing team resolve operational issues and assist business to meet business requirement.
- Supported development efforts, testing efforts all the way through User Acceptance (UAT)
- Post deployment supported the production support team with the Incident Management.
- Used Serena Business Manager (SBM) too to manage Incidents and Service Requests for the supported applications, performed first point analysis on tickets and provided inputs.
- Kept track of Incidents from Opening to Closure, with timely communication to business.
- Communicated with Business Clients and Development team and first point of contact/interface for application issues and outages.
- Created the trackers in Serene Business Manager (SBM) for track findings fixes for the future releases.
- Performed Root Causes analysis on frequent occurring incidents and produce report for the management.
- Created change requests and perform impact analyses when the Business requirements change.
- Generated ad-hoc reports for management and business users using tools such as OBIEE, Pivot Table or charting features in Microsoft Excel.
- During the deployment, assisted in configuring the functional needs of the CRM system and personalized OAF (Oracle Application Framework) pages to meet the Business needs.
- Created functional documents for setting up of Service Request Types, SR Statuses, Task Types, Notes, Relationship with SR Status and Responsibility.
- During enhancements and bug fixes, created and verified many Customers, Sites, Contacts, Addresses, Service Requests, Tasks, Notes, Attachments & Closed SR
- Involved in User Training and provided feedback to the team on the documents created as training material.
- Produced and managed living requirements traceability matrix (RTM) with multiple releases.
- Planned the scope of testing and provided Risks and Impacts at the various levels of the testing environments.
- Coordinated the integration testing between various other teams directly and indirectly involved. Performed quick Shakedown / Smoke test when there are releases in the other teams that integrated with CRM.
- Timely delivered various documents to be compliant with ITSLCM and PPQA audits purpose.
- During application security audit, assisted Project Manager on Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) to address the findings.
- Involved in every aspect of project life cycle, including collaborative requirements gathering, creating work plans, functional requirements and unit testing plans.
- Created several analytical reports by selecting columns from Subject Area Virtual Tables.
- Created and edited several Business Intelligence (BI) Dashboards and BI reports and saved them for end users to run.
- Iterative development of OBIEE dashboards, Answers requests, charts, pivot table layouts, dashboard prompts.
- Based on the requirement, modified presentation layer to create Subject Areas and Catalogs for further development using BI Answers.
- Involved in maintenance of BI catalog to manage dashboards, answers and subject areas.
- Implemented and followed agile methodology for the better performance of the team efforts.
Role: Systems Analyst
- Implemented agile methodology and assisted in developing project plan analyzing business requirements and specification documents.
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements (BPR) and Software System Requirements (SSR) transform functional requirements into Use Cases, process diagrams and Functional Design Specification (FDS). Also identified testable scenarios and reviewed test cases and test scripts.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues.
- Used Remedy tool, to support post-production tickets, analyzed the incident, created and estimated efforts for software change requests or enhancements.
- Reviewed SLA performance and recommended corrective action.
- Followed up on escalations and issues with clients and the business team.
- Prepared Outage reports, Root Cause Analyst report (RCA) and maintained/updated database that tracks known error.
- Analyzed and addressed the frequently occurred incidents as a tracker and Investigation and follow-up for permanent fix of the problem.
- Followed up on tickets being raised regularly for re-occurring incidents.
- Updated System Change Request (CR) forms for Product Data Management and data mapping. Applied change requests, versions, and addendums.
- Developed use cases story board, workflow, screen mock-ups, and conversion requirements.
- Prepared business process models; used Visio to create process flow diagrams
- Develop charts and graphs using MS Excel Pivot feature for analysis and presentation for daily/Weekly report to the management.
- Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Coordinated work plans between project manager and client using MS Project.
- Created documentation for training and Help Desk teams.
- Worked on Oracle SQL queries using TOAD for data manipulation.
- Involved in developing Standard Operating procedures and Independent Verification and validation (IV&V) procedures
- Provided training to users on the application navigation and created step by step documents representing the flow
Role: Business Analyst & QA Engineer
- Involved in end to end manual and automated testing of the web application.
- Involved in setups for Oracle AP Suppliers and validated AP Invoices, AP Distributions and AP Payments.
- Performed checks on AP Invoice holds and released the holds after verifications.
- Verified reports and programs attached to each responsibility.
- Executed concurrent request for transferring transactions from Oracle Payables to Oracle GL.
- Extensively involved during Design, Test Planning and Test Execution.
- Assisted in developed test scripts for GUI Applications, functionality and regression testing.
- Involved in writing Oracle SQL queries to test the data integrity of the backend database
- Have working knowledge on UNIX Operating System.
- Communicated with the Development Team concerned on the bugs & issues and resolved. Coordinated with the other team members and escalated the priority issues.
Role: Financial Functional Analyst
- Involved in setting up of new clients, Payments terms and deduction items for each clients
- Verified accuracy in Receivables application for customer balance limit, Order limit and Discount methods.
- Assisted supervisor in preparing team’s game plan.
- Assisted on importing employee data sent by the clients into the application for Payroll and Tax Purpose.
- Analyzed the transaction flow on more than 20 clients’ especially with entering checks, deposits etc.
- Reconciled by generating reports for each customer and tallying with bank statement and made all clients information current.
- Extensive knowledge in documenting/validating defects/Issues and tracking their history from Rational Clear quest Bug Tracking system.
- Assisted other team members in setting up of Tax Reporting and withholdings.
Role: Business Analyst
- Involved in gathering requirements for Web interfaced Loan Servicing application.
- Supported daily activities of client accounts and addressed concerns regarding Bankruptcy, Foreclosure and Loss Mitigation.
- During enhancement and modernization, facilitated and elicited meeting sessions with Business and Users to get requirements for application involving federal flood, hazard, tax and PMI.
- Decomposed requirements to lowest details for technical team and supported development efforts.
- Created prototypes using Vision and PowerPoint to present the mock-up designs and got users inputs/feedbacks.
- Analyzed testing requirements and contributed towards developing Test Scenarios, Test Plans, Test Case and Test Results documentations.
- Supported during Functional testing, Regression testing, System and integration testing
- Verified setups to handle activities related to assessment of loan application for loan qualification.
- Generated reports for processing activities on number of loan application received and processed and pending applications.
- Created and executed SQL queries against database during data validation and help in setting up data for testing and verified in the application after the fix.
Role: Financial Systems Analyst
- Developed work-flows, screen mock-ups and requirement for Confidential applications.
- Liaised with business and SMEs to prepare BPR (Business Process Requirements) document.
- Validated technical designs created by IT developers against functional specifications.
- Analyzed defects and Issues created using Remedy Software for unmatched issues and assigned the team concerned.
- Coordinated with other team on functional issues and prepared test scripts.
- Created several Purchase Order (PO) and Receipt transactions for internal inventory needs. Validated on 2-Way, 3-Way matching process thru AP to Receipts to PO.
- Tested the Approval Hierarchy System to approve Requisition and PO.
- Developed scenario plans for creating different AP Invoices, sent them to Payment batch for payment processing.
- Performed validation on functionality of Importing approved Invoices from AP to GL using Concurrent Request.
- Performed simple SQL queries using SQL Developer to verify Accounts for the Invoices & Payments that got affected in GL and AP.