- Extensive exposure to Healthcare, Mortgage, Finance domain to overview their Business Process designs.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including the Waterfall Model, Agile Methodology, Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Worked closely with Project Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and Business Users to understand the requirements and specifications for new applications along with re-engineering the existing applications.
- Used Elicitation techniques such as interviewing, questionnaires, brainstorming, JAD, observation, and document analysis for requirement gathering.
- Extensive experience in writing Vision & Scope Document, Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Hands on experience in Rational products and MS Visio.
- Developed Use Case Model , Activity Diagrams using UML (Unified Modelling Language).
- Conducted Requirement Gathering Sessions and Impact Analysis.
- In Depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business process modelling, Gap Analysis and experience in converting requirements in to test plans.
- Experienced in reviewing test procedures, defining Test cases , reviewing and maintaining test scripts, analyzing bugs , interaction with team members in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) .
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate appropriately in business and technical situations at all levels.
- Adept in problem solving skills and learning new technologies.
Business Skills: MS Project, MS Visio, Business Definition Requirements, Business Process Analysis, Gap Analysis, Use Case Modelling & Analysis, Use Cases.
Business Modelling Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio, MS Access, Requisite Pro, Sharepoint, Balsamiq, BPMN
Databases: MS Access, , SQL Server 2005/ 2008, Oracle 9i/ 10g/ 11g
Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, RUP, Waterfall
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/NT/Vista/7/8
Desktop Tools: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
Defect tracking Tools: Quality Center 10.0,JIRA
Other tools: Liferay 5.1 SP1
Client: Confidential, Chicago, IL
Project Name: VMS Stabilization/RMAS Exchange Readiness
Role: Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential is the largest customer-owned health insurance company, which provides health coverage in five states like Illinois, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas and Montana. The company provided group insurances and individual insurances to age groups belonging to U65 and O65 people. The project is to stabilize the VMS system, which deal with O65 and U65 member’s .VMS 1.0 currently is the legacy system where member details and financial activity are stored for O65 members. System 80 is the system where all the PHI information is stored for U65 members. With the new Affordable Care Act, VMS 2.0 is implemented to accommodate new members seeking healthcare and to save subsidy details for qualified members.
- Gathered requirements for OPERMART, which was part of DataMart project.
- Gathered reporting requirements for Cash processing report, Refunds report, Transfers report, Removals-NSF report and Suspense balance report.
- Conducted JAD sessions with various business teams, so that an agreement can be reached on reporting needs/requirements.
- Documented processes, procedures as part of Audit Readiness 2014, for Retail Financial Operations.
- Documented Manual controls that are in place currently.
- Identified new financial controls that were required and documented those controls.
- Worked with process/business owners on implementing new controls and identifying the business processes that were going to be impacted.
- Assisted in mapping existing and new financial controls to MARS CONTROLS, along with Internal Controls Team.
- Designed screen mock-ups and created flows for an internal tool to track offshore projects.
- Documented the current state process flows for Unclaimed Property.(UCP)
- Identified GAPS and process improvement scope while documenting the current state for Unclaimed Property.(UCP)
- Explored the option to use Rational Team Concert(RTC) tool for Development teams, so that once a code fix is done, Quality Center(QC) will be updated automatically.
- Worked on designing test cases for UAT/business testing.
- Acted as UAT business lead for Release E of O65 stabilization providing metrics for daily testing status, Defects status.
- Worked as Lead for Defects management for all Financial Operation projects for Exchange Readiness.(Cost Sharing Exchange Readiness, Cash Application Hub, Enterprise Reconciliation Application, SHOP BCR Exchange Readiness, Bluecap Exchange Readiness)
- Responsible for Defect triage meetings of all Financial Operation projects for NGEN projects.
- Responsible for preparing XML file for uploading UAT, SIT test cases into Test plan and Test lab modules of QC.
- Automated the process of loading Requirements and Test cases into QC.
- Responsible for tying uploaded test cases to requirements and process flows in QC, so that traceability can be maintained.
- Trained onshore and offshore teams in QC and other Finops systems.
- Implemented controls and documented procedures for uploading test cases into QC.
- Prepared SDM documentation for UAT, SIT sign-off for approvals, to go ahead with deployments.
- Analysed the existing functionality of the system and understood the issues that the current system have.(VMS 1.0)
- Documented the GAP in the existing systems.
- Analysed the Financial reports and documented current reporting problems.
- Gathered requirements for daily and month-end reports to use in Trial Balance reporting.
- Analysed and Reconciled the Trial Balance, which was causing month end reporting issues.
- Worked with the Business intelligence team to come up with user-friendly COGNOS Reports.
- Documented the “AS-IS” for COMMISSIONS and developed the “TO-BE” state.
- Gathered information for the DATA CLEAN UP effort, from various COGNOS reports.
- Analysed Manual controls that were implemented for improving financial reporting.
- Addressed production issues along with Finops Triage teams.
- Reported on Interface testing for FinOps projects.
- Responsible for logging Service requests (SR) as part of Customer Relationship Maintenance.
Environment: Lotus Notes 8.5, MS Visio 2010, MS Office 2010, Sharepoint 2007, MS word 2010, MS excel 2010. QC 10.0, MS Access 2010, COGNOS 8.4/10.1, WebEx WBS 28, CA Clarity-PPM, WebEx Productivity Tools, ORACLE Siebel Dashboard 8.1,MS visual studio 2013.
Client: Confidential, New York, NY
Project Name: Claims Replacement-Reports
Role: Lead Business Analyst
Confidential en-comprises two entities. The Confidential offers quality, high-value health coverage to performers and their dependents, while the AFTRA Retirement Fund administers pension benefits that help provide financial security to performers during retirement. The project was aimed at replacing the current insurance system i.e., BENESYS with a new system i.e., HEALTHsuite, to comply with the industry standards.
- Analysed the existing system artefacts i.e. BENESYS and gained an overview of its functionalities.
- Went through the configuration documents of HEALTHsuite, understood its functionalities, and performed the GAP Analysis between the two systems.
- Interacted with Stakeholders and end business users, to understand their reporting needs.
- Developed “Reporting Matrix” to be able to maintain traceability, at different stages of the project.
- Gathered Reporting requirements from various departments Managers, supervisors and came up with Data elements for the “to-be “reports.
- Gathered the “as-is “reports across all the departments, analysed and performed the GAP analysis with the gathered “to-be” reporting data elements.
- Designed the Report layout for the “to-be “reports.
- Conducted JAD sessions, so that all business users come to one opinion about reporting needs.
- Detailed out the Process flow for Overpayment, Subrogation in the “as-is” process.
- Performed Data mapping for letters from BENESYS generated letters to the HEALTH-suite triggered automated letters.
Environment: BPMN 1.2, MS Outlook 2007, MS Visio, MS Office 2007, Sharepoint 2007 ,MS word 2007 ,MS excel 2007.
Client: Confidential, Arlington, TX
Project Name: WMS Migration
Role: Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential is one of the largest non-profit health care delivery system in the United States. Texas Health is continuously improving the quality of service through education , research, competent and innovative personnel, effective leadership and responsible stewardship of resources. The project is aimed at providing enhancement to an internal Work Flow Management system in Hospitals to adjust to changes from 5010 transactions and changing of codes to ICD10. The system is aimed at handling insurance processes. The project encompassed backend testing of reports with the operational data store in database.
- Gained an overview and performed a detailed study of the existing system artefacts and operation by interacting with the Project Manager, Business and Technical team members.
- Used General Equivalence Mappings (GEM) for mapping conversions, from ICD 9 to ICD 10.
- Involved in creating and modelling the AS IS diagrams and TO BE system and accomplished the GAP Analysis.
- Interacted with the SME’s to gather information about Health care Enrolment (Medicare), Billing and Claims processing. Working knowledge of Disability Insurance.
- Gathered information from Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) about the impact, from the new application designed.
- Exposure to HIPAA Compliance and HL7 standards. The system is built to comply with HIPAA.
- Gathered and analysed the User requirements and Functional Requirements and documented Use Cases, Process Maps, Wireframes & Prototypes, and Non-Functional Requirements.
- Conducted walkthrough of requirements to technical team and helped resolve open issues and Change Requests through Impact Analysis.
- Actively involved in the QA phase of the project, by reviewing test plan and test cases.
Environment: RUP, MS Office, MS Visio, UML, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Adobe Acrobat, SQL.
Client: Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
Project Name: Benefit Identification Application – Reports
Role: Business Analyst
Confidential is one of the nation's largest health care service companies. Its primary operations include health insurance products for employer groups and Medicare beneficiaries in eight states. Products and operations include behavioral health services, dental and vision services, life and health insurance, pharmacy benefit and medical management. The project was to develop a Reporting Module for the Benefit Identification Application that would provide a detail overview into groups using the application for online group enrolment and group renewals.
- Analysed existing Business Document Templates and Operational Procedures.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to collect Report Requirements from system users and preparation of Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Create Report Layouts to comply with the report requirements using MS Visio.
- Involved with Data Analyst in Data Mapping of report elements to SQL database.
- Involved in creating databases using MS Access for ad-hoc querying.
- Supported Report Development activity by providing guidance to Technical team building the reports, and by working with Business Objects expert to validate report requirements.
- Extensively involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using Business Objects, to authenticate the User Acceptance Criteria for all reports.
Environment: RUP, Business Objects, SQL Server 2008, MS Access, MS Visio, Outlook.
Client: Confidential, Cranford, NJ
Project Name: CIS-SS Bridge Portal
Role: Business Analyst
Confidential a mortgage technology specialist, provides a full suite of mortgage software applications from loan origination through servicing. The CIS-SS Bridge Portal was intended to integrate functionalities between Electronic CIS (Client Investment Services) Portal and the SS (Sales Service) Portal – into a single platform to enable straight through processing of customer applications via Sales & Services group.
- Prepared Business Process Models for AS-IS and TO-BE processes, that includes modelling of the activities of business from conceptual to procedural level.
- Understood the contract terms and conditions, including indemnity, limitation of liability and confidentiality for the Portal.
- Developed Functional Requirement Documents, Use Cases, and Interface Mapping Document and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Supported offshore Development and Testing teams by providing resolutions and feedback to their queries.
- Performed Impact Analysis required on new web-application functionality and efficiently handled Change Management Procedures and subsequent updates to RTM.
- Involved in back-end testing using SQL Queries.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, MS Office, Liferay 5.1 SP1, Test Director, Agile Methodology
Client: Confidential, Wayne, NJ
Project Name: CVA - Online UI Plus Project
Role: Business Analyst
Confidential is a leading commercial bank providing services in personal and business banking. The project was to enhance and integrate the gaps in the online banking interfaces for minimizing the number of places/screens customers and bankers go to access their account information as a part of org wide Customer Value Add (CVA) program.
- Analysed the existing Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) and User Interface (UI) Specifications to identify Gaps.
- Facilitated Requirement Gathering sessions with SMEs from Market Evaluation Team and from CVA group to collect integrated specifications for the project.
- Created Wireframes / Screen Mock-ups in iteration to suit the future state requirements. Assisted UI Designer in developing HTML prototypes for the same.
- Conducted Review Meetings with Project Manager, Architect, and Application System Engineers.
- Managed Change Requests and assisted PM in maintaining Change Management Process.
- Assisted in Back-End Integration Analysis to ensure data consistency on front-end.
- Assisted in UAT to report application defects.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, SQL Server, Agile methodology
Project Name: Client Trade Management System (CTMS)
Role: Business Analyst
Confidential is one the leading health insurance providers in India. The project was about individuals seeking health insurance. The goal of the CTMS Project is to increase the use of the current Web platforms by expanding its capabilities to provide more services including FAQ. By doing this, the calls handled by technical support personnel will be significantly reduced, thus leading to both short and long-term cost savings.
- Acted as a liaison between the Business and Technical teams to deliver requirements deliverables – beginning with assisting Sr. BA.
- Involved in all four phases of the requirements development including Elicitation, Analysis, Specification and Quality Validation.
- Conducted GAP analysis to identify customer channel usage trends and interactions focusing on such the liklihood to buy product recommendations and reduce customer attrition.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with SMEs from Market Research Group, Hospital Survey Group and Web Management Stem to gather Business and Functional requirements for the CTMS project.
- Involved in finding and documenting requirements where the new data capture solution would be compatible with existing Customer Interface Control Systems (CICS).
- Developed Screen Mock-ups / Prototypes to provide demonstration to the Business teams.
- Worked as an interface between the users and the different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the business and IT processes.
- Supported Design and Development activities, by providing walkthroughs and feedback.
- Ensured that the clients adhere to the Change Management Notification (CMN) process
- Responsible for managing the Change Request Log and RTM.
- Extensively involved in writing and executing Test Cases and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Assisted in developing end user training material and training sessions.
Environment: Microsoft Office, Visio, Microsoft Project, SQL server, UML.