- Around 7 years of experience as a Business Analyst in the areas of Retail Banking (Mortgage/Real State) and Insurance industries.
- Experience and very good understanding of Retail Banking business operations including Loan Origination and Servicing, Cash Management, Treasury, CRM, etc. Business processes and Automated Financial Systems (AFS).
- Experience in security administration, application development and Infrastructure projects
- Experience working with and knowledgeable in Dodd Frank, SOX, and Basel II regulations and their compliance protocols. Also experience in auditing and risk assessments processes
- Experience in full Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) as a liaison between technology and business
- Experienced in Infrastructure, Hardware, Networking and System Admin in ITIL and CMMI environments
- Have strong influencing, conflict management and negotiation skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and multitasking in a highly complex, fast paced environments
- Hands-on experience in Requirements gathering & analysis, documenting (Tech Writing) Business Requirements Document (BRD),User Requirement Specification(URS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), System Design Specification (SDS),System Requirement Specification (SRS), Use Case Documents, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Test Cases, etc.
- Extensive experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) techniques with UML using Flow Charts/Activity/Swim Lane Diagrams, Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, etc.
- Experience in creating letter templates and forms using complex Mail merge in Word
- Experience working with SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, RUP, & Agile-Scrum
- Experience in Agile-scrum approach: User Stories, Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Estimating, Prioritization, Burn down charts, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, etc.
- Experience in facilitation and conducting Joint application design (JAD) sessions, Workshops, and regular interviews (one-to-one, group, telephone conference, Go-to-Meeting, WebEx, etc.)
- Proficient Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis
- Experience in Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), Business Process Modeling (BPM) with BPMN
- Extensively interacted with the QA Team in executing the Test Plans, Providing Test Data, Creating Test Cases, RTM, Issuing STR’s upon identification of bugs and collecting the Test Metrics
- Experience in creating Test Cases, Manual & Automated testing, performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT), documenting test results, and fixing bugs, etc. Also experience in creating configuring claim system utilities, security, develop letter templates and unit tests changes, etc. Hands-on experience in MS SharePoint
- Experience in security administration, application development and Infrastructure projects
- Experience in Data Warehousing (DWH), Business Intelligence (BI), and Business Architecture
- Experience with RDBMS Data Warehousing (DWH)/ERP, ETL, Business Intelligence (BI)/Business Reporting
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Mapping, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data mining, Metadata, etc.
- Experience in writing SQL queries/scripts for data analysis and QA report testing.
- Experience in Data Warehousing (DWH) and BI with Data Analysis, Data Mapping, Data Cleansing, Entity-Relationship Diagrams (ERD), Data Modeling (Conceptual, Logical, & Physical), & Master Data Mgmt. (MDM)
- Experienced in working with relational database (RDBMS) and have strong SQL Programming and XL skills
- Have strong skills of SAS tools, SAS enterprise guide, SAS procedures, Macros, ODS, etc.
- Experienced of implementing business intelligence solution from process design to functional production deployment. Experience in creating GUI/UI protocols, Wireframes, screen shots etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience working with senior management
- Excellent Team player to work in conjunction with other testers, developers and other team members in complex situations and in the maintenance of Quality Standards in Projects
- Proven proficiency in project management: Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Control, and Closing: Project Charter, WBS, Gantt Chat, Project Scheduling, ROI, Cost/Benefits Analysis, Budgeting, Resource allocation, Change Control, Risk Analysis, Project health monitoring, incident management, etc.
IT SKILLS & ENVIORNMENTS
Operating Systems: Windows 95/2000/XP/Vista, UNIX and Linux, MAC OS
Languages: JAVA, .Net, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML,
Databases & Reporting: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle 9i-11i, OBIEE, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Cognos, TOAD, SSAS, SSRS
Requirements Mgmt.: Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Clear Case, Clarity, DOORS, Rally
Testing: HP Quality Center, QTP, Load Runner, JIRA
Modeling Tools: Rational Rose 2000, Microsoft Visio
Web Design: Java scripts, VB.Net, Dreamweaver, MS FrontPage
Office & Statistical: Word, XL, PPT, SharePoint, MS Outlook, LOTUS, MS CRM Dynamics, SAS Base, SaaS
Business Systems Analyst
The Confidential has been developing much proprietary software for many industries. At this location, some of the major Confidential software applications are being further developed based on the customer feedback and industry needs. I was mainly involved Confidential Maximo Asset management tool improvements.
- Analyzed the customer feedback on the complaints and their suggestions for improvements
- Gathered specific requirements from the SMEs based on their interaction with the clients
- Involved in Data analysis for errors
- Created Business Process Models (BPM) for As-Is and To-Be situations and many Ad-hoc situations with suggested changes with feedback and business requirements
- Involved in simplifying the administration and configurations process in order to make things easy for the users.
- Involved in regression testing and worked with the QA team to make sure the suggested changes are properly incorporated into the tools.
- Involved in project management: Planning, Executing, and Monitoring & Control operations and Change Management
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Business & Data Analyst-SAS
Confidential is one of the nation’s largest financial holding companies. Their businesses include commercial and retail banking, consumer finance, mortgage financing and servicing, and asset management. Their Mortgage Banking Division provides a variety of products and services to individual that include mortgage for home purchase, home equity loans, refinancing, reverse mortgage and specialized mortgage loans. The suggested Loan Origination System (AFS) concerns with automating every task involved in the Mortgage business beginning from pre approving an applicant to the formal closing of a mortgage loan. The LOS automates movement of records within the organization for approval along the hierarchy, governed by the organization's business rules and guidelines. In addition, part of this project was also to integrate all these application including other supporting applications such as treasury, cash management, AP, AR, GL, Escrow & Mortgage Servicing, etc. to the main CRM application. As a result, the system also designed and deployed to provide a consolidated view of the enterprise product information through enterprise wide reporting interface using Business Objects.
- Under the Agile-Scrum approach, I was responsible for collecting and analyzing all the User stories
- Analyzed the user stories/products to make sure the all the requirements were captured with right information
- Conducted workshops to review and finalize the user stories. Used Rally software tools
- Worked with the product owners and the Scrum Master/PM to organize Product backlogs and Sprints.
- Helped Scrum Master to facilitate Daily scrums meetings with customers/stakeholders. Responsible to follow up all the issues discussed in daily scrums and addressed them in a timely manner.
- Acted as a liaison between the developers and management staff and was instrumental in resolving conflicts between the management and technical teams.
- Worked with the Product Owners and Scrum Master to estimate, prioritize, create product backlog, release backlog, and the sprint back logs, and creating Burn down charts.
- Prepared business workflow models that cover how business processes are accomplished.
- Conducted User Story Review meetings for resolve conflicts, and finalized issues
- Actively involved in continuous improvement, increasing transparency, and find solutions for ongoing issues
- Involved in analyzing CRM specific operations to capture specific CRM related requirements
- Co-authored the detailed system design documentation meeting the business needs
- Involved in analyzing COTS products for CRM and involved in creating and analyzing RFPs
- Heavily involved in analyzing different CRM applications including Salesforce CRM, MS CRM Dynamics, etc.
- Performed Gap Analysis and created Business Process Models for As-Is (current) &To-Be (Future) situations
- Involved in re-creating existing standalone process models that were created by different analysts at times.
- Organized all the newly created processes flows into a central location on SharePoint and maintained.
- While developing Business Process Models (BPM), created OOAD Use Case, Activity/Swim lane, Class Diagrams, Collaboration, and Sequence Diagrams. Used BPMN 1.2/2.0 standards
- Created Use Case Model and detailed use cases in conjunction with the project team to define the features of the application and to be used by the development team.
- Determined if internal or external solutions exist or whether new solutions are needed, and determined if these solutions impact existing work processes and systems as well as ensures proper integration.
- Involved in QA Testing by creating test cases and devising the test plans for the application by explaining the business case. Worked with HP Quality Center and JIRA. Created RTM and maintained it for easy traceability
- Attended change request meetings to document corresponding changes and implemented procedures for enforcing changes through defect tracking using JIRA and MS SharePoint.
- Worked with MS SharePoint to maintain project artifacts such as BRD, FRD, Use Case, Issue Log, etc.
- Worked with IT Admin Dept. and act as the POC for MS SharePoint site. Manage the SharePoint related support calls, tickets, and change requests in the IT dept.
- Followed up all the tickets on technical issues/errors on SharePoint site and worked with Admin to identify root causes for the issues by analyzing customer error calls tickets, feedback, etc. and provided resolution.
- Helped all the MS SharePoint users to navigate, locate, save, and migrate/move around documents from one location to other locations depending on the situation. Escalated the major issues to the IT Admin
- Translated business process requirements into solution designs and associated configuration updates in the Accounting & Finance Modules. Worked with Business processes such as Mortgage processing, servicing, And Accounting: Cash Management treasury, AP, AR, GL, etc. to capture all the data and user requirements
- Involved in the process of determining cash usage/ordering for branch.
- Involved in auditing of Cash Management that include ATM’s CDM’s, Deposits, Payments and coin vaults to capture potential data needs for improvements
- Analyzed Basel II and Dodd Frank compliance requirements and work with Business Users to find any gaps
- Also involved in compliance auditing operations to further understands gaps and data needs for compliance.
- Worked with Basel compliance team to understand Basel III requirements and worked with DBAs and Data Architects to modify the current Data Model and Data marts to support Basel III requirements.
- Involved in Real Estate mortgage Credit Risk analysis and performed Data Analytics with Data Analysis, Data mapping, Data Cleansing, and Data Validation. Heavily used XL V-Look-up, Pivot, Macro, etc.
- Involved in Risk assessment and risk avoiding and mitigation planning
- Involved in current Data Warehousing (DWH) and Master Data Management (MDM) process and gathered specific data requirements for MDM and DWH needs. Also, captured Business Reporting needs.
- Heavily involved in determining requirements, designs and developing databases that access or integrate with Oracle & SQL databases. Identified MDM data elements and reference data..
- Worked with DBAs to create Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data models with Indexing, data structures, etc., and also to create specific Data Marts per Business Requirements. Used SQL queries on TOAD
- Performed statistical data analysis with SAS base and provided guidance and assistance to SAS developers on technical users. Monitored the SAS server for resource utilization and acted on incidents.
- Worked with Six Sigma team and performed Anova, Regression Analysis, and other statistical analysis for process and business improvements with Six Sigma approach.
- After a detailed analysis provided input for buy vs. build decisions for possible solution.
- Also involved in finding opportunities for improvement/enhancement and negotiated terms between business partners and IT for final implementation.
- Analyzed the exciting GUIs and recreated the screen layouts and prototypes per business requirements and suggestions. Created many screen wireframes using MS Visio.
- Worked with PMO Team to make sure all the projects follow the ITIL V3 guidelines.
- Involved in evaluating performance and providing status on KPI to customers and IT group
- Documented technical specifications (both functional and non-functional) at the granular level necessary for developers. This will involve working closely with both the Business Intelligence lead and architects.
- Monitored the SAS server for resource utilization and acted on incidents.
- Trained business users in established standards and procedures and assured that needs are being met.
- Provided guidance and assistance to SAS developers on technical users.
- Worked with project management methodologies and associated project life cycle deliverables.
- Ensured all IT infrastructures is as per group policies to avoid any audit issues.
- Accountable for mail, firewall and proxy server administration, virus prevention & cure.
- Worked with Business Reporting module (Business Intelligence-BI) and reviewed the User Stories and worked with all the business groups to make sure all the business reporting needs were captured
- Developed new reports using Business Objects universes. Extracted data from operational systems and reporting databases using Business Objects suite and SQL
- Prepared various reports for the management while maintaining day to day administrative functions
- Monitored utilization, supported user questions, and created enhancements to existing reports and capabilities in alignment with business needs. Applied analysis on business initiatives to various groups
- Using statistical and analytical skills produced analyses that support business to make accurate decisions.
- Summarized the analysis by organizing findings into actionable conclusions and recommendations.
- Tracked and measured the success and effectiveness of various sales campaigns and programs.
- Worked with BI team members to design appropriate solutions for requirements
- Involved in creating the logical, physical, and presentation tables to meet reporting requirements
Confidential, Miami, FL
Business Analyst & Data Analyst & PMO Coordinator
The enhancements for the existing application (AFS) allowed users to maintain and set-up Account Information, Mortgage Loan Origination, Processing, Closing, Business Reporting (BI) and Mortgage Servicing (MSP): Escrow Analysis, Billing and Collection efficiently ever than before. This company was dealing with both correspondent and broker type loans. Revamping the existing Data Warehouse with regular Payments, Deposits, ACH, (PCI)/Electronic payments, Credit/Debit card payments transactions was also carried out in parallel to this project.
- Facilitated and managed JAD sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas and gathered specific Business requirements for Mortgage Loan Origination, Processing, Closing, Business Reporting (BI) and Mortgage Servicing (MSP) business processes.
- Studied the current payment related (regular loan payments, ACH Electronic payments (wire transfers), Credit/Debit card payments, etc.) business processes and compare them with the new business requirements (Gap Analysis). Worked with the Architects and other SMEs to find solutions for suggested improvements
- Conducted workshops to resolve issues with misunderstanding and out of scope needs
- Lead the requirements discussions and authoring of business requirements documents and as-is/to-be process flows. Used DOORS application to manage the requirements.
Identified and communicated business needs, and translate these needs into understandable requirements.
- Worked with business partners to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Created the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and extracted the Functional requirements from the gathered Business Requirements and coauthored to the Functional Requirement Document (FRD)
- In the efforts to improve the current Business Intelligence (BI) system/process, heavily involved in understanding what the business needs were in terms of reports and elicit the business reporting requirements. In this regard, worked with MS BI supported SSRS tools
- Involved in modifying and creating new business reporting templates/structures based on the business requirements. Created many sample reports and worked with the business in order to Finalize the business reports for better business decision making (BI)
- Also gathered specific business/user requirements for CRM related business processes to further improve the exciting CRM process through identifying gaps. Worked with numerous teams to develop an enterprise Web-based interface supporting the Mortgage Servicing Business Area.
- Performed Gap analysis (As-Is & To-Be) between the legacy systems and the proposed systems
- Maintained issues and risk logs and escalated them to the relevant business users to solve them
- Worked with many business users in many operations (Loan origination, Processing, Closing, under writing, Billing, Collection, & Delinquencies) to define business requirements and analyzed technical solutions.
- Worked extensively with SMEs in understanding and documenting their requirements pertaining to Loan Origination, ARM, Escrow Analysis, ACH based Accounts, maintaining and analyzing customers Accounting books and many other business Areas. Also involved in credit risk assessment business processes to identify and help finding solutions through IT. Also involved in Treasury operations and Cash Management.
- Involved in defining use cases and created use cases document,
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity, Sequence, and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Created Business Process Modeling (BPM), gap analyses (As-Is & To-Be) to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements. Used both conventional and BPMN 1.2 approach for process modeling
- Act as a resource in understanding how IS systems carry out business functions and assists in ensuring the timely and effective implementation.
- Assisted in development of training materials with the OCM team for new technology and processes
- After receiving the client’s organized third party training on MS SharePoint, started to train the business and other users how to use the MS SharePoint site efficiently
- Worked as a first level technical support to the MS SharePoint issues such as log in, deleting documents by mistake, rearranging the documents, saving or retrieving documents, locating documents, etc. and escalated the errors that needed deep tech knowledge to the next level (IT Admin Dept.).
- Followed up the tickets and make sure all the issues were closed. Worked with IT Admin to set up security levels within SharePoint. Maintained the MS SharePoint site and made sure all the stakeholders followed the guidelines of saving and version control of the artifacts
- Involved in gap analysis for the COTS products and reviewed RFPs for proposed application features
- Provided quality assurance on existing and new SAS programs.
- Worked closely with SAS users in working with SAS programs, SAS Connect and Enterprise Guide.
- Customize the variables to user-defined formats using PROC FORMAT in printing business reports
- Worked with conversion of data from many sources.
- Carried our Data analysis, Data mapping and Data cleansing to reduce data errors/anomalies.
- Worked with SQL to interact with data bases when dealing with specific data
- Partner with business data owners to leverage data across multiple departments (Division of Instruction, Support Services, Business Services, etc.) to discover pertinent data relationships and create measurements
- Drive enterprise data quality initiatives to improve data accuracy and reusability.
- Created Wireframes for the suggested GUIs and helped in creating UI protocols
- Maintained issues & risk logs and escalated them to the relevant business users for solutions
- Performed analysis on Basel II and SOX regulatory compliance and reported the gaps and participated in audits. Also involved in Dodd Frank compliance audits to figure out potential data gaps.
- Involved in Data Analysis to identify the data elements from the sources, performed data analysis to find any data anomalies and carried out data cleansing. Used SQL queries and XL V-Look-up & Pivot tables
- Involved in integration rules for the ETL process for the ongoing ERP/Data Warehousing (DWH) efforts.
- Worked with DBAs to modify existing Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data models, and also Data Marts
- Worked identifying Data Elements per requirements and identifying Primary key columns (Index)
- Worked with DBAs and Data Architects to Identify RDBMS dimensions and fact data elements to design and develop the logical data models of the data warehouse/mart.
- Worked with end users to collect reporting requirements including OLAP data elements, slice and dice/drill-down path and reporting templates. Worked with metadata dictionary.
- Developed supportive source to target data mapping and data transformation rules.
- Manage the collection of information across the team, perform analysis and produce high quality spreadsheets, charts, presentations, diagrams as and where needed to support the Business Reporting or BI.
- Involved with Architects to present data warehouse solution architecture to the project steering committee as well as user community.
- Involved in creating test plans and map current business processes, identify gaps and failure points, perform root cause analyses, develop functional specs that support overall strategy, and goals.
- Worked with the Organizational Change Management (OCM) Team and Organized cross training for team members and Users to become more responsive with the new applications and with the automation
- Participated in the QA and testing data load and report data accuracy. Used HP Quality Center
- Created work flows to provide for a visual representation of the current and/or proposed future flows.
- Also involved in data mappings, data dictionaries and training documentation
- Performed a thorough analysis of database requirements of the users, applications and operations and providing feedback to the users. Worked with Oracle database.
- Collaborated with the QA team to developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge
- Participated in UAT. Created test plans
- Provided quality assurance on existing and new SAS programs.
- Worked closely with SAS users in working with SAS programs, SAS Connect and Enterprise Guide.
- Customize the variables to user-defined formats using PROC FORMAT in printing reports.
- Involved in Project Manager assisting the PM in creating Project Charters, WBS, task schedules with MS Project, Change Control and Impact Analysis, Issue log and follow ups, creating project documentation, ROI analysis, Cost benefits analysis, etc. Helped PM to conduct project status meetings with the business users.
- Worked with SMEs and technical staff to understand the objectives of the project in order to create accurate deliverables and support project documentation, and to provide proper recommendations on deliverables to be produced as a result of analysis/design discussions
- Involved in planning and driving strategic organizational initiatives; steered transformation of organizational practices with focus on leveraging IT as a strategic tool for business.
- Helped managing IT infrastructure, Servers, DR Site, Printers and Peripherals.
- Worked with PMO and data governance team to efficiently manage data center operations, networking, telecommunications, project management for IT related infrastructure, managing & implementing small & medium business required projects (Infrastructure as well as Application).
Developed self-service BI capabilities to automate the production and delivery of reports and analyzed in support of various departments and business groups in achieving their business plans
- Worked with business partners and BI analysts to identify capabilities needed
- Mapped solution needs to available reporting tool set, developed prototype solutions for business review
- Developed report logic using MicroStrategy, Tableau and other tools. Involved in designing and building the dashboards and reports using BI Publisher
- Supported user community on Tableau/Qlikview through performance of training and knowledge transfer of technology and functionality
- Involved in Project Management assisting the PM in creating Project Charters, WBS, task schedules with MS Project, Change Control and Impact Analysis, Issue log and follow ups, creating project documentation, ROI analysis, Cost benefits analysis, etc.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Business Systems Analyst
This project was to upgrade the existing DW/BI platform and implement a proper Master Data Management (MDM) system and enhance the current Business Reporting / Business Intelligence platforms to make the right decisions and ultimately to serve their customers better. This part of project was mainly under Agile-Scrum approach and some parts were developed under waterfall approach. In this project, all of their major retail banking business areas such as Mortgage lending and Mortgage servicing, Personal Banking, Credit Card, etc. were addressed.
- The primary objective was to define the business requirements (analyzing the user stories) for the new DW/BI platform and come up with the agreed upon SLA and Data needs for each of the core components
- Once all the user stories were collected from the users/customers, involved in analyzing and defining the requirements. Involved in creating Product backlog, Release backlog and Sprint backlogs, and also involved in monitoring and control of the sprints with Burn-down charts and scrum meetings
- Understood the as-is DW/BI landscape and identify the gaps/ challenges that existed
- Identified the key upstream and downstream applications dependent on the Data Warehouse and defined the SLAs for each of these applications, depending upon business criticality and impact.
- Gathered business requirements, performed Gap Analysis for client’s requirements and generated system workflows. Created Business Process Models (BPM) and work flows for As-Is and To-Be situations after performed Gap Analysis
- Involved in reviewing and analyzing business activities on AP, AR, GL, Balance Sheet, Fixed Assets depreciations, Current Assets, P&L, Billing, Finance controlling, etc. to find data requirements
- Used MS Visio to make use case models, activity diagrams, class diagrams depicting business workflows
- Systematically gained knowledge on the business process being followed in the project environment.
- Prepared and validated high-level and detailed requirements.
- Analyzed the potential areas of improvement in the data management processes and Data Marts
- Identified data elements from the source systems, performed data analysis to come up with data cleansing and integration rules for the ETL process for Data Warehousing (DWH). Used SQL Queries and XL (Pivot tables, V-Look-up, Functions, Filters, etc.) Created Data Flow diagrams and sequence diagrams
- Involved in solution design, specification development, data conversion, testing, and support
- Worked on ACH, (PCI)/Electronic payments, Credit/Debit card payments, Deposits, Cash Withdrawals, etc. Business processes to analyze the data needs and source mapping. Used SQL queries to communicate with databases (MS Access, SQL Server, DB2 databases)
- Identified RDBMS dimension and fact data elements designed and developed the logical data model of the data warehouse/mart. OBIEE environment.
- Analyzed SOX and Dodd Frank regulatory compliance protocols within the company for gaps
- Developed requirements specifications according to gathered business requirements
- Served as the liaison between the Business users and the software development team through which requirements flow. Developed rollout plan in conjunction with business partners
- Reviewed and analyzed the current UI wireframes and modified them per the new business requirements
- Worked with Data Architects and DBAs to models the data structures with Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data modeling techniques. Also involved in Data Marts and Data Schemas constructions with Erwin.
- Reviewed and provided inputs to the testing scenarios and test cases
- Closely involved in planning and execution of all the testing phases including UAT (onsite), proactively performed thorough reviews of System/UAT test-cases and data-sets. Used HP Quality Center and Jira.
- Heavily involved in Project Management: Helped creating project documents, Project Plans, Project Schedules/Gantt Charts, etc. Involved in Change Management process through analysis Change Requests (CR) and impact analysis. Maintained project Issue logs in SharePoint.
- Worked with PMO and IT Governance (including Data Governance) team to re-write their policies and standard procedures, and in security management by setting up security level access to the company information base on internal users rank and the business needs. Tested reports to ensure accuracy, and remediates defects
- Ensured that data is utilized effectively to answer key business questions and informs the business on an ongoing basis. Worked with key business to evaluate the KPIs and identify the data needs for better KPIs.
- Manipulated and extracted relevant information for analytical purposes.
- Identified and addressed data quality gaps. And Defined data enhancements to support reporting and analytical capabilities brought forth by business partners
HDFC Standard Life is one of the largest insurance companies in its class with approximately 3500 insurance contractor agents. The project requirement was to develop a system to integrate and upgrade the claims processing service and other disparate systems on a common environment for their Life Insurance division. Project involved in assimilating its isolated systems into a synchronized system, providing remote access through a web interface and maintaining the infrastructure required for these systems
- Researched and assessed client systems and business processes, document for requirement gathering.
- Worked intensively on various phases in the project lifecycle to design the system in such a way that the high risk claims could be easily identified and monitored. Generated use-case diagrams using UML.
- Participated in preparing basis for Project Vision documentation.
- Involved in walkthroughs with business team, architects and developers to refine the requirements.
- Implemented RTM and User Requirement Specification Document (URS) to verify the functionality.
- Streamlined clerical work processes and mapped to the automated system
- Involved with the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Team to develop Test plans.
- Created reports to demonstrate business value of discovered business data relationships.
- Assisted other report developers by acting as a resource for report development expertise.
- Involved in the current Data Warehouse (DWH) revamping process and extensively worked in Data Requirement Analysis, Data Analysis, Data Validation, and Mapping for ETL process to revamp the existing DWH. Also worked with DBAs to modify the existing Data Marts and Schemas. Used SQL and XL.
Aimed at improving the service it offers to customers and streamlining its back-end banking operation, client wanted to consolidate its branch offices and centralizing its back office operations, while creating specialized branch offices covering specific areas including mortgages and lending. The aim was to use this new IT architecture to enable the bank to compete more effectively against banks with much lower overheads, such as Internet Banks.
- Worked as business analyst to support the re-design of the Mortgage Asset Management System. Extensively involved in the development of Reporting Data Warehousing System.
- Analyzed business needs, created and developed new centralized back office system for specific area including mortgage and lending. Gathered and documented business requirements.
- Wrote technical papers, gathered technical requirements, and compiled them to help the design the system.
- Formulated logical statements of business requirements research and evaluated alternative solutions to recommend the most efficient and cost effective solution for system design.
- Established a business analysis methodology around the RUP (Rational Unified Process).
- Analyzed existing systems logic difficulties and revised them as the needed.
- Assisted in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose and Visio.
- Designed and developed use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, and OOD using UML.
- Drive business process improvements that reduce errors, manual effort, and cost as data flows across departmental boundaries.
- Responsible for strategic and tactical planning, focusing on solutions for current and future business data practice problems.
- Establish and oversee a data management advisory council to provide guidelines and recommendations on business requirements, practice, and compliance to ensure business strategy, regulatory compliance, and
continuity requirements are met.
- Created many SQL queries to interact with databases in data analysis. Also used XL with V-Look-up, Macro, Pivot tables, mathematical functions, etc.