AREAS OF EXCELLENCE
- Results oriented Business Systems Analyst with 8+ years of industry experience in the areas of Business Analysis, Process Modeling, Process Improvement, Requirements Gathering, Design, Development, Change Control Process, Quality Assurance Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) &Training.
- Experience in multiple business domains viz: Health care, Telecom, ISP, Finance, Banking & Insurance.
- Experience working with Federal Health Insurance Programs for Medicare and Medicaid.
- Experience working with Provider Enrollment Systems such as NPPESS, PECOS and Medicare claim systems such as FISS and MCS.
- Strong experience working in Software Development Life Cycle using various methodologies including RUP, Agile, Waterfall, and other client specific internal methodologies.
- Extensive experience working with a range of networking technologies, viz WAN, LAN, Wireless, Satellites.
- Experience working with regulatory compliances such as ICD9, HIPAA, FDA, HL7,
- Exposure to multiple Standards including but not limited to ANSI X12, UCS & VICS in versions 4010 & 5010.
- Experience in Defect Management, resolution and escalation for multiple open defects with tech teams.
- Extensive knowledge in CRM Applications and Help Desk Integration Solutions.
- Experience working with Various COTS Applications viz Audit Studio, ETG/ERG, EFM Community for MMIS.
- Strong Knowledge of Information Security policies and Disaster Recovery Management.
- Exposure to High End Technologies like EDI, Edifecs, ecommerce, Firewall Systems, Web Hosting, Server Co-locations, Data Center Solutions, VoIP Networks, Broadband Services, Wireless networking Services.
- Extensive experience in gathering business and application requirements, business processes, identifying risks, impact analysis, UML modeling, sequence, & activity diagrams using Rational Rose & Microsoft Visio.
- Risk and Impact analysis of current Mainframe Services used by various downstream systems.
- Strong knowledge of business intelligence, data warehousing & business architecture.
- Proven communication and exceptional people skills in liaising between clients, SME’s, programmers and end users.
- Strong expertise in creating Test Cases on the basis of product features, client requirements and technical documents. Developed, executed and maintained Test Scripts. Reviewed and documented system Test Plans.
Requirements Gathering Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Enterprise Architect, HP Quality Center
Modeling & Designing Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose 6.0
Testing Tools: Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director, Quick Test Pro (QTP)
Languages: HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, XML, UML, C++
SDLC Methodologies: RUP, Waterfall, Agile
Application Servers: BEA Web logic 6.1/8.1, Apache Tomcat 5.0, Web sphere
Operating Systems: UNIX (HP, Solaris8.0), Linux, Windows XP/NT, VISTA
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i, DB2, MS Access, Sql Navigator, Toad.
MS Office: Share Point , Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint
Networking: TCP/IP, VoIP, WAN, LAN, VPN, MPLS, T1, E1
Confidential – Columbia, MD
Business Analyst - CMS National Level Repository Management
- Prepare scope documents, business requirements documents, system design documents, change control flow, data mapping documents, business work flow diagrams and release notes for multiple modules.
- Support independent testing of Web-based NLR (National Level Repository) with Linux, Web Sphere, and DB2 as the backend.
- Responsible for the development of Test Plans, Test Cases and ensuring the traceability of Business and System Requirements in Test Plans. Involved in Functional Acceptance testing, User Acceptance Testing, End-to-end Testing, Performance Testing and Regression Testing.
- Responsible for coordinating with CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Systems) on a day-to-day basis on requirements and tracking status on testing status of various States Registered under the HITECH Program for Medicare and Medicaid.
- Responsible for coordinating with major system integrators such as Northrop Grumman, Geneva etc. for development of system requirements and test plans.
- Maintaining testing artifacts in QC and working closely with the NLR Testing Specialists to ensure all tests are executed and documented in accordance with CMMI Level 3 processes.
- Guiding the test team on test execution, including test steps and reviewing the test results to make sure they are in line with the defined functional/System Requirements.
- Collaborating with the requirements and application development teams to ensure the success of the testing process, while using DOORS to track requirements.
- Direct, monitor and participate in quality assurance efforts and create deliverables of bug-fix/enhancements while prioritizing ad-hoc query requests.
- Certified and experienced in CMS Security Standards.
Environment: DB2, SQL, Oracle, XML, HP Quality Center, DOORS,MKS, and SharePoint.
Confidential, PIERRE, SD
Business Analyst - Program Integrity Management
- Facilitate, the process for requirements validation that follows the MITA process/sub-process business model.
- Recommend revised and/or improved business processes for the new SD MEDX implementation for Program Integrity Management involving Case Management, Audit Studio, ETG/ERG, EFM Community, & HEDIS Measures.
- Collaborate with the customer to execute acceptance test(s) to confirm to SD MEDX functionality.
- Create documentation that captures requirements, validation, business, technical and design aspects including logical flow of the system/business through use case documentation.
- Develop report specifications for OLAP/OLTP Reports from the data warehouse for Report Access Portal.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer in transitioning the new SD MEDX system to the customers.
- Initiate appropriate action on correspondence and Change Requests to ensure compliance of new SD MEDX with system requirements and design criteria.
- Ensured controls, quality expectations, critical tasks, requirements and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Perform tasks related to data mapping for file feeds.
- Co-ordinate with QA team to translate requirements into test plans and tests scripts while overlooking the testing techniques applied.
- Worked closely with the development team to analyze and troubleshoot bugs.
- Coordinated with the training team to prepare user manuals and reference guides for the state staff.
- Support and coordinate with UAT with the state staff.
Environment: Oracle, PL Sql, Clear Quest, Rek Trace, Ms Office, Mainframes, Share Point, Ms Access, Java, Windows XP, Snag IT, Cognos, Audit Studio, Ms Office, HTML,ETL, Data warehouse.
Confidential – New York City – NY
Business Systems Analyst – Transition of GHI HMO Process to HIP
Overview: Confidential is the largest health insurer based in New York State serving nearly 3.4 million people with over 92,000 providers in 150,000 locations across the tri-state region. The scope of the Project focused on the enhancements required for the existing CSS/SAWS application used by HIP to accommodate the GHI HMO line of business of Lake Katrine for the customer service functions. CSS/SAWS application was enhanced to provide branding for the GHI HMO line of products. Workflow processes in the following business areas were analyzed for enhancements/modifications required by the CSS/SAWS application vis-à-vis the GHI HMO processes being followed.
- Customer Service/ correspondence/ adjustments
- Grievances and Appeals
- Membership/ Billing / Broker compensation
- Detailed the current business processes being followed at Lake Katrine for the GHI HMO business and the activities and steps involved in transitioning the same to HIP.
- Analyzed the GAPS in Business Processes for GHI, Medicaid and HIP for smooth transition of business.
- Interacted with users, developers, project manager and SMEs to understand the business process.
- Documented Business process, work flows, apart from creating Business Transition Document
- Identified alternative processes and workarounds in coordination with SMEs for IT and Non IT functionalities.-
- Performed feasibility & risk analysis to identify business critical areas from a Business Transition standpoint.
Environment: Seibel, Java, Ms Office, Ms Project, Share point, Oracle
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Business Systems Analyst
Handled multiple projects concurrently:
- Adding New Data Elements on FCCR ( Federated Corporate Client Repository)
- Enhancement to Existing Client Contract Rule Set Component.
- Group Database Migration. (Migration from IMS to oracle/db2 platforms)
- Conducted Impact / GAP Analysis for more than 1000 COBOL programs accessing group database as part of the group migration project for in/out of scope determination.
- Successfully analyzed and identified areas that needed process improvements by defining as is state of the business process flows and reengineered them by defining to be ones for the purpose of increasing business performance.
- Analyzed the Data warehouse to provide a common data model for downstream systems data retrieval.
- Documented Business process, rules, work flows, apart from creating functional and non functional documents.
- Developed change requests and worked with developers to track defect ranking and implement changes in accordance with UAT.
- Coordinated with the Quality Assurance (QA) TCoE team to track the test case results.
- On an ongoing basis, acted as liaison between testing team ( TCoE) and the development team and ensured that issues were resolved within said time frames to meet the over all project objectives.
- Mapped various database elements between IMS to DB2/ Oracle with an objective to create generic web services/data access components for the group database migration project.
- Reviewed business processes for various sub-systems viz, claims, EDI, and third party Medicare Process.
- Enhanced existing work flow diagrams for the new service requirements with special focus on security requirements.
Environment: Oracle/ IMS/db2, Rational Requisite Pro, Visio, Clear Case, Clear Quest, MS Office & java
Confidential, Union City, NJ
Overview: Confidential is a leading Internet / ASP services company which provides Internet / Networking, e-commerce, web designing, web hosting, VoIP Services & IT solutions. The company has numerous call centers spread across diverse locations in USA, with each call center dedicated to handle customer enquiries related to a single product line. The company needed an efficient integration strategy to provide a singular view across customer data, consolidate systems and process. The scope of the project was to integrate multiple front-end customer services applications into a single consolidated system.
- Successfully led business initiatives including brainstorming sessions to provide new functionality.
- Created use case scenarios and documented work flow & business processes.
- Supported IT unit in creating functional specification documents for the design, development and implementation of networking solutions.
- Supported the assigned project manager with creating detailed project plans, scheduling and tracking project timelines.
- Gathered requirements for enhancement of the order management system for online sales.
- Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams (State diagrams) according to RUP, for stakeholder review.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Conducted FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs with the designers, developers and stakeholders.
- Audited existing 21CFR validation protocol and Supported development team to its completion.
- Performed feasibility, adaptability study and risk analysis to identify the business critical areas from USER perspective.
Environment: Windows 98 / NT, UNIX, Cisco, HTML, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, SQL, MS-Project, MS-Office, WAN, LAN, VoIP, VPN, MPLS, FTP.
Confidential, Fitchburg, MA
Business Systems Analyst
Overview: To ensure timely availability of information, the client's trade management system was needed to be accessible to its customers anywhere in the world throughout the day to support multiple business area including Asset Management, Brokerage, Portfolio Management and Risk Assessment, Identification and Management. To achieve the goal, firm decided to upgrade its trading platform to enable its customers, i.e., brokers and institutional clients, to conduct trade activities like purchases, liquidations, exchanges and cancellations over the web.
- Modeled a detailed design of the system through Use Case diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams and state chart diagrams.
- Gathered, analyzed, documented, validated and maintained business, functional and approach requirements.
- Evaluated different financial systems, operating systems and software to provide improvement recommendations.
- Worked collaboratively with the president and the operations manager to evaluate technology inception to delivery of products.
- Worked with the documentation team to create user documentation (release notes for maintenance items, training materials for the business, etc) using Documentum.
- Worked on the functional design of the sales tracking and bid tracking systems. Assessed various requirements from clients and documented the enhancements.
- Developed test plans, performed functional and system testing on database system. And developed forms/reports in MS Access for obtaining records.
- Interacted and coordinated with technical and non-technical clients for business needs.
- Developed disaster recovery plans and incorporated project management methodologies and business continuity lifecycle planning and analysis.
Environment: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio), MS-Project, Windows 2000, SWOT analysis, Clear Case, Clear Quest
Confidential, Chattanooga, TN
Business Systems Analyst
Overview: CIGNA Corporation and its subsidiaries serve millions of people worldwide as a health and related benefits company. The project aimed at building an application for an electronics claims processing (ECP) system designed to accept the electronic claims coming from various providers (doctors and hospitals) and process them. The project also included converting the service providers acquired by CIGNA, HIPAA compliant and integrating all of them into one system.
- Performed SWOT and Gap analysis for the new functionality requirements.
- Worked with HIPPA rules and regulations to draft business rules and claim processes.
- Interacted with the client and the technical team for requirement gathering and translation of business requirements to technical specifications.
- Identified and documented the dependencies between the business processes.
- Familiar with FDA guidelines (21CFR) and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
- Create and maintain Use Cases, visual models, including activity diagrams, logical business process models, and sequence diagrams using UML.
- Documented all the aspects of systems validation lifecycle in accordance with the FDA regulations, including validation plan and protocol, Installation Qualification (IQ) specifications, Operation Qualification (OQ) specifications, Performance Qualification (PQ) specifications.
- Documented requirement traceability matrix in Requisite Pro for traceability of requirements.
- Implemented the HIPAA privacy and security regulations to enhance the capabilities of the systems to process new products.
- Performed smoke testing to ensure that the compiled software components of the applications adhere to project standards, performance criteria and functional specifications to ensure feasibility of testing effort.
Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML, Dreamweaver, Rational Test Manager, Win Runner, Rational Clear Quest, Windows, MS Office, HTML, Windows 2003
Confidential, Teaneck, NJ
Technical Business Systems Analyst
Overview: Confidential provides a wide range of banking services from savings accounts to full Internet banking. The project scope was to enhance online banking facility to its customers. The project aimed at building software that would facilitate viewing of multiple account balances, statements, pending transactions and cancelled transactions, tracking deposits, transfer of funds between accounts, transfer history and maintenance of customer profile.
- Conducted user interviews at both in-house and client locations, gathered and analyzed requirements using Requisite Pro – RUP.
- Performed gap analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Conduct workflow, process diagram and gap analyses to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Worked with development and testing teams to accomplish timely release objectives.
- Used detailed knowledge of application features and functions assess scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis and completion of all enhancement specifications.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
- Liaised on projects with other corporate departments, including executive, legal and information services as well as vendor relationships.
- Responsible for end to end project documentation.
- Provided technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Used detailed knowledge of application features and functions, assessed scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis and completion of all enhancement specifications.
Environment: MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio), MS-Project, Windows 2000, SWOT analysis, Clear Case, Clear Quest.
Technical Analyst - Customer Support Management, Enhancement & Maintenance.
Overview: Confidential developed an automated customer support management application connecting various IT/internet/telecom services. The project involved coordinating the requirements to develop the application that will serve the purpose effectively and testing the product to ensure that it meets the expected standards and specified requirements
- Studied and assessed the clients systems and business processes. Developed project plans and managed scope.
- Assisted in building a business analysis process model using Visio.
- Linked business processes to organizational objectives, performed critical path analysis, and identified opportunities for business process improvement.
- Used the Unified Change Management from Rational to track changes to multiple artifacts by versioning artifacts, associating requirements to specific change request/defects to streamline the defect/change tracking process.
- Assured that all artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC policies and guidelines.
- Monitored client expectations and conducted user interviews.
- Modeled the as-is system and performed a complete gap analysis for the existing system in order to map it to the to-be system.
- Played a key role in the planning, user accepted testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
Environment: Cobol, Java, SQL, UML, MS-Office, MS Project, MS Visio, Test Director, Ms Access.
Overview: Confidential is a leading network services company providing services and solutions to address the Network Life Cycle requirements of Telecom Carriers and Technology providers (OEMs).
- Documented client organization's direction, structure, business processes and requirements.
- Researched client organization's industry and competitive position.
- Assisted in the collection and consolidation of required information and data.
- Created Test Plan Execution & Documentation.
- Promoted efax EDI, Web Services & other Value added Telecom & Networking Services for the EFS Service Division in Hyderabad.
Environment: MS Office, UNIX, Leased lines, WAN, LAN, EDI, EFAX, e-Commerce, Web Services, Cisco.