Business Analyst with 9 years of professional experience with extensive knowledge in Gathering, Analysis & Management of Requirements, Business Reengineering, Business and Functional Analysis, Systems Analysis and Design, Quality Assurance , Use case analysis and design, Data mapping, Testing support, user support, problem solving, and documentation.
- Extensive knowledge of Business Analysis methodologies and Iterative Software Development Life Cycle.
- Efficient in gathering, detailing, documenting and validating the requirements in a format that is useful to their business area experts and the technical developers using MS Access, Word and Excel.
- Acted as a liaison between business owners and the technical teams.
- Interacted with all level of business users, SME’s, stakeholders to elicit requirements by facilitating JAD sessions and one on one interviews.
- Worked with various cross-functional teams, having a thorough understanding of the constraints, needs, and perspectives of both the business users and the technical team.
- Prepared Requirement Documents and converted them into Solution Specification or Functional Specification Documents.
- Extensively used RUP for effective implementation of Requirements management under all phases of RUP from Inception to Transition.
- Performed GAP analysis between various systems and prepared change impact assessment report for various teams.
- Prepared Use Cases and Use Case diagrams, to help developers understand better about the business requirements and functionalities.p
- Created Business Process Flow documents to present existing process flows, new process flows and analyze the impacts on various system due to process changes.
- Performed data validation and data verification by writing SQL queries against various databases.
- Prepared Test plans, Test strategies, Test Cases based on the solution specification document and use cases.
- Performed manual and automated testing using tools such as Quality Centre, TOAD.
- Performed defect tracking and resolution using tools such as Clear Quest.
- Planned and Executed UAT test effort by creating UAT Test Strategy, UAT Test Plan and UAT Test Cases.
- Created and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix to establish link between various phases of software development life cycle.
- Highly motivated, Retail organized and results oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with capability of adapting to new and fast changing technologies.
Software Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, RequisitePro, Clearcase, DOORS,Hadoop
Database: Oracle OBIEE, MS Access, Toad, SQL, SQL*Plus , SQL ,ATG,Navigator,Teradata,e-commerce
Operating Systems: Win XP/7 Unix, Mac OSX, Mainframe, Linux
Defect Tracking: Test Director, ClearQuest,SAP Modules
Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro (QTP), HP Quality Centre, Test Director, TOAD
Web Technologies: HTML, HTML5, XML
Industry Standards: SOX, ISO, Six Sigma,SBO 2000
Confidential, Herndon, VA
The project is about making the data that is currently available in Service/Investor reporting system to be made available to Fannie Mae’s new Loan Accounting Platform. Also worked on capital and retail market application to provide support. The new Loan Accounting Platform will use this data to maintain and record all accounting transactions that are currently maintained and recorded in S/IR. These data attributes will be structured and organized based upon their associated business events.
- Worked closely with Business partners to understand business processes and gather and define effective and accurate business requirements, define test methodology and execute testing, handle system certification and support roll out and training .
- Made documents for capital market application and providing it to team.
- Responsible for ensuring that the requirements meet the needs of external and internal users of the system, which includes proper accounting and process controls. Requirements include both new business systems as well as existing system enhancements.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with Business and technology team to identify and resolve the requirements and defects.
- Worked on Electronic Laboratory Reporting for managing manual data entry errors, improving timeliness, and reports that are more complete.
- Used DOORS to manage requirements, capture, link, analyze and manage wide range of information.
- Conducted Pier review and stakeholder review with business and SME’s in order to get sign off and proceed for the development process.
- Worked with BPM tools like PEGA in designing business rules for the attributes in the application.
- Worked closely with CIS partner (s) to review technical specifications.
- Prepared use case and use case diagrams and incorporated them into to the functional specification documents.
- Acted as business lead for one or more sub-projects and ensured synchronization with other simultaneous sub projects.
- Wrote SQL queries against various databases to perform data validation and data verification.
- Used Clearquest for the purpose of defect tracking and resolving them throughout the development process.
- Participated in activities to support the rollout of the new system(s) by preparing training material and provided training to internal and external users and contribute to establishment of future policies, procedures and standards.
- Involved in UAT test efforts with business users and SMEs before the production phase.
- Worked on CA Clarity Project Portfolio Manager for manage services, projects, products, people and financials.
Environment : Windows 98 / NT, UNIX, JAVA, SQL Server 2008, Microstrategy, Maxcv, .NET, Agile, MS SharePoint, XML, Electronic Laboratory Reporting, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Rational Tools, UML,DWH, Data Management
Confidential , Atlanta, GA
The project involved developing new software architecture for a single-family legacy system using the Rational Unified Process (RUP). The system automates the entire Servicing system by establishing the loan into the servicing system and managing the loan by automating the most complex applications.
- Lead the team members in preparing the requirements and testing of the functionalities.
- Facilitated meeting with business owners, stakeholders and areas across the company as a part of business requirements gathering sessions.
- Wrote requirements for designing data marts for various reporting system.
- Prepared requirement documents and functional specification documents based on the discussion between business users and technical teams.
- Prepared use cases and use case diagrams and incorporated them in functional specifications.
- Performed data integrity and data validation by writing SQL queries against oracle database.
- Performed defect tracking and reported bugs by using Clearquest.
- Used SQL server for managing, accessing and delivering information across the organization.
- Involved in preparing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts.
- Used Rational Clear Case application to store and track test plans/test cases.
- Wrote queries to test reports from customer data mart and for various crystal reports that need to be generated.
- Participated in the development of the scenarios that were developed in advance of scheduled testing date to ensure testing efforts will be complete and adequate during UAT phase.
- Involved with regular walkthroughs and meeting to discuss bottlenecks in the system and possible solutions with the development team.
Confidential, Columbia, MO
The project was about enhancing a Web Based application, which provided an option to file a claim through forms, and to generate reports for various modules such as liability protection, accidents claims,experience on 401 and 457.
- Worked as a Business Analyst, interviewing client to understand their business and functional requirements, gathering their future needs and transforming them to functional specifications.
- Used Rational Requisite Pro for maintaining the requirements and to perform the traceability of the requirements.
- Acted liaison between the business users, SME’s, system analysts and the development team.
- Prepared and Reviewed Business Requirement Documents and the Functional Specification documents with various teams by conducting JAD sessions and got signoff before proceeding to development phase.
- Prepared data mapping documents and performing GAP, RISK analysis for various changes that came through the requirements.
- Involved in UML, designed Use Case Diagram, Class Diagram, Sequence Diagram, and State Diagram for project documentation using Microsoft Visio.
- Performed data validating and data integrity checks by writing SQL Queries and made sure test results matched the expected results based on the business requirements.
- Used Clear Quest for defect tracking and reported bugs to the development team and made sure appropriate changes are done before the next testing phase.
- Assisted QA team in preparing test cases and test plans based on the requirement documents and made sure all the requirement changes have been addressed.
- Involved in UAT testing before the production phase with business users and various SME’s.
Environment : Microsoft, Informix, SQL, BI/DW, MS Visio, Agile, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007, data mapping, Microsoft Project 2000/2003, Adobe Acrobat 7.0.8, Mobile testing, java, CMS, Microsoft Word 2003, Microsoft, .Net, Excel 2002/2003, Microsoft PowerPoint 2002/2003, Siebel CRM, Rational Clear Quest v 2003.06.15.734.000 , Powerdocs for order entry, Oracle 9i/10g.
Confidential is one of the largest investment and insurance companies based in the United States. The Life Insurance policy enables its customers to overview who needs life insurance and what types of life insurance, obtain investment option information within a Variable Universal Life Insurance (VUL) policy, historical performance and daily prices for different life insurance policies. The application also provides the customers to make and maintain their online accounts, thereby providing them with flexibility and scalability and at the same time establishing customer expectations
- Prepared and analyzed business requirements and functional documents.
- Responsible for gathering requirements from the quantitative analysts and portfolio managers to produce business and functional requirements for a risk management application.
- Conducted requirement analysis and design walkthroughs with the designers, developers and management staff.
- Produced process maps, system diagrams, logical data models, report specifications, workflows and other documentation as required for project analysis, planning and design.
- Ensured that relevant UML diagrams and tools were used in all requirement documents e.g. business requirements, functional specifications.
- Prepare use case models based on business requirement documentation gathered through interaction with users.
- Prepared flow diagrams, sequential diagrams using MS Visio.
- Conducted JAD sessions for understanding the workflow.
- Assisted the development team during the second and third iteration using the RUP model.
- Utilized technical flow charts, network diagrams to effectively map and manage critical paths and bottlenecks in conjunction with project tracking reports and project data Sheets for Senior management.
- Increased process efficiencies and reduced development cycle time across department by spearheading the implementation RUP methodology.
- Participated in weekly meeting with the management team, development teams and walkthroughs.
- Prepared test plans and test cases based on the requirement documents and functional specification documents.
- Reported bugs and kept track of the fixing of bugs using rational clear quest.
- Used requirement traceability matrix for keep track of the requirements and the related test plans and test cases.
Environment : NET, Agile, MS SharePoint, XML, Mobile testing, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Windows 98 / NT, UNIX, SQL Server, Rational Tools, UML
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Confidential provides investment management services to various financial institutions in the United States. It offers remote processing services used by professional money managers and financial advisors for the automation of investment management, trading, portfolio performance, and reporting requirements. Its CheckFree APL platform is used by asset management and broker/dealer firms, and investment advisors on a remote processing basis.
- Gathered Business requirements from Target for Change Management service during 1 st Phase and later implement into other services like Incident Management, Configuration Management, and Service request Management, Problem Management and reporting.
- Worked with third party vendors and Target Technical teams to understand the feasibility of Service Now tool at both ends and prepared Technical Specifications from BRDand FSD.
- Facilitated project meetings deriving User requirements, creating use cases and user stories, and working as liaison between Business and Technical teams.
- Coordinated with various IT/Business Teams as to when and how data refresh needed to be done to QA Environment in order to be in Sync with the PROD Environment in order to support UAT Testing.
- Provided several reports indicating status of various change process items and projects.
- Facilitated the Change Authorization Group (CAG) meeting, calendar approved changes and communicate with our stakeholders.
- Asked probing questions, ensure no conflicts or collisions, raise concerns to approve, reject or post-pone the change during CAG meetings.
- Coordinated the RFC presentations, capture meeting notes and concerns. Send Minutes of Meeting
- Monitored the central mailbox, Service Now Changes and process requests and statuses.
- Actively monitored the Data Center health and identify and escalate any issues in a timely manner to ensure no guest impact to Target.com.
- Maintained Offshore shift schedules, providing proactive & effective tools ¬ifications to enable rapid response to avoid Global issues.
- Published Monitoring Team Monthly status on Implementation, Accomplishments, Challenges and Risks.
- Analyzed Intake Requests from Optimization/Application teams.
- Established clear roles & responsibilities for offshore team.
Environment : Microsoft, Informix, SQL, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Project 2000/2003, Adobe Acrobat 7.0.8, Microsoft Word 2003, Microsoft, .Net, Excel 2002/2003, CRM, Microsoft PowerPoint 2002/2003, Rational Clear Quest v 2003.06.15.734.000 , Power docs for order entry, Oracle 9i/10g.
Confidential is the third largest mutual property and casualty insurer in the nation. This company offers auto, homeowners, life, health, and commercial insurance. They have more than seven million policies and loans in force in almost all states and are the 10th-largest property & casualty insurer in the nation.
- ConductedJAD sessionswith business owners, SME’s for Requirement gathering during the initial stage of the project.
- Acted as a lead and assisted business analysts, system analysts, QA team in preparing the requirement documents and assisted them in resolving issues regarding the development and testing.
- Prepared Business requirement documents and segregated the requirements into various types and prepared functional specification documents based on the business requirement documents.
- Responsible for conducting reviews of the prepared requirement document and functional specification document with business owners, development team and QA team.
- Performed change impact assessment by analyzing the requirement changes andperforming GAP analysis, Risk Analysis and Traceability analysis.
- Prepared use cases and use case diagrams and incorporated them in functional specification documents.
- Involved in preparing test plans based on business requirements document and prepared the test cases, test Procedures and test Scripts using Test Director.
- Performed data validation and conducted data quality checks by writing SQL queries against Oracle database.
- Coordinated with different team members to resolve the issues that are related to the new application.
- Performed Validation Testing, Smoke Testing, Unit testing, Functionality Testing and Integration Testing.
- Created Traceability Matrix to check that all user requirements were met.
- Worked on PVCS to capture any issues and change requests across development and other project teams.
- Participated in the planning and execution of the User Acceptance testingeffort.
Environment : .NET, Agile, MS SharePoint, XML, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Windows 98 / NT, UNIX, SQL Server, Rational Tools, UML
Confidential has a global presence and has implemented PeopleSoft HRMS, CRM and Portal for maintaining the Banks HR systems. The application is used by multiple countries and has a 24/7 availability. The system serves as a core application for the entire banking transaction. Employee information is sourced from PeopleSoft and used by a 400 member HR team and Self service is enabled for 90 K employees of the Bank.
- Worked with stakeholders and management team in gathering various requirements for the project.
- Gathered and documents the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Discussed these requirements with other members of the team like the DBA, Project Manager, Application developers.
- Performed project management activities such as task scheduling, resource allocation and developing charts.
- Designed detailed logical class diagrams, activity diagrams and other high level process flows.
- Facilitated JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions with the management team, stakeholders.
- Performed high level security data risk analysis, GAP Analysis among different applications, incorporated these gaps into models and documents.
- Co-Authored in making the Use-cases and the functional requirements document.
- Worked with the team to develop a test base, plan and then create test cases, test scripts and documented them using Test manager.
- Worked with application developers to create a test strategy to implement various phases of testing like Unit testing, volume testing and Integration testing.
- Facilitated UAT (User Acceptance Testing) with the stakeholders, management team.
- Responsible for the overall growth of the project from requirement gathering to testing.
Environment : J2EE technology, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, UNIX / Oracle Platform, MS – Word, MS Visio, Wire frames, MS Project, MS Access, Requisite Pro. MS visual Studio, Informix