- Over 7+ years of IT and Management experience inas Business Analyst.
- Efficient in MS Project for planning and status reporting.
- Experience in developing functional specs through JAD sessions and user interviews.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS and SQL with experience in Data analysis and reporting.
Process/Modeling Tool: (SDLC) Software Development Life Cycle, Agile, Extreme Programming, MS Visio, MS Project, Rational Rose, Rational RequisitePro, ClearCase, ClearQuest, TestDirector, WinRunner, Load Runner, HP Quality Center, File - Aid, TSO.
Methodology: OOAD, UML, RUP, Business Modeling and Data Modeling.
Databases: MS Access, SQL server 2000, Oracle 9i/10g, DB2, COLD Repository.
Languages: SQL, COBOL and HTML
Operating Systems: WINDOWS 2007/2000/NT 4.0/XP, Vista.
Office Tools: MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook
Project Management:MS Project
Project - Claim Processing System
- As a Business Analyst, lead interviews and meetings with business associates to gather business requirements for Client Billing, Claims Processing applications.
- Analyzed client communication processes for the Pharmacy Benefit Management Business Unit using Six Sigma process improvement methodology resulting in optimized process performance and cost savings.
- Conducted research on claims, provider relations and enrollment issues to identify root cause.
- Designed Microsoft Access database for capturing and reporting of provider and billing data and developed SQL queries for successful monthly reconciliation of billing files.
- Gathered reporting requirements / specifications for report design in SSRS and performed data reconciliation.
- Responsibilities included assessment of current business processes for the as-is and recommendations for the to-be presented in gap analysis deliverable.
- Involved in the implementation of HIPAA 5010 that required changes to the software, systems, and procedures for billing Medicare and other payers.
- Strong understanding on the Structure of transaction sets (i.e.; Loops, Segments and Data elements)
- Member in interviews (JADs) and meetings to engage business associates/Subject Matter Experts, in business planning, business analysis, and business requirements definitions.
- Responsible for 278, 835, 837 transactions.
- Involved in the conversion of ANSI 837/275 data and images to formats that can be loaded into their claims systems.
- Responsible for mapping documents, test cases, test scenarios, test plan, unit testing, system testing, system integration testing, remediation and configuration of system for HIPAA compliancy.
- Involved Subject Matter Experts in requirements planning/gathering sessions.
- Used Unified Modeling Language (UML) methodologies to design Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams.
- Worked closely with the development team to clarify and ensure adherence to business requirements.
- Effectively tracked and managed changes in requirements and scope of project.
- Communication with clients, upper management, other technology specialists, and vendors.
- Re-Engineered AS-IS Business Process in the Relocation Business to build detailed maps for future business processes.
- Prepared Functional Requirement Specification and Business Use Cases.
- Managed Traceability matrix to trace Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Use Cases.
- Created and overseen the test plan and UATPs (User Acceptance Test Procedures).
- Identified opportunities for business process improvement and initiated efforts to make improvements and problem resolution.
Environment: Requirements Analysis, UML, Agile Methodology, SQL Server 2005 ( SSIS, SSAS and SSRS), Use Case Analysis, MS Visio, Rational RequisitePro, VB, C#, XML, CMS, Business Objects, Oracle 10g, Windows XP, MS-Office, Toad, SQL Developer, TeamTrackClient:Confidential,Business Systems Analyst,Chicago
My Job Responsibilities:
- Delivered solutions and closed problems in the Problem Queue assigned by running the tests in CLAREDI, HIPAADESK and other applicable Clearing Houses that act as vendors for NextGen’s EPM clients by analyzing the test results.
- Organized and conducted extensive JAD sessions with users to identify and understand requirements.
- Responsible for doing the gap analysis for the interfacing system.
- Documented the Business Application Requirement Specification (BARR) and the Business Specification Document (BSD).
- Coordinated with the different teams distributed at different geographic locations for various releases.
- Identified Actors, Activities, Artifacts and Workflows and developed use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Wrote Use Cases, prepared use case diagrams (using Rational Rose) and followed Rational Unified Process at every stage of the process.
- Followed Scrum development process using agile methodology. Coordinated monthly Sprint planning meetings. During the sprint period, held small daily meetings to ensure the monthly deliverables. Got user feedback at every step of the development process.
- Coordinated with Reporting team for developing report prototypes in Cognos8(Report Studio, PowerPlay), dash-boards, etc.
- Resolved/tracked production issues with Reports in Cognos.
- Coordinated with the ETL team to come up with processes for ETL involving Oracle/Sybase/Informatica.
- Created the test plan and test scripts in the Quality Center.
- Reviewed Test Strategy and Test Plans to ensure that they reflect and include all functional, Performance, Usability and Security requirements.
- Participated in Automated regression and Non-Functional test plans.
- Assisted informational needs in mapping of Test Cases.
- Maintained Test Matrix with the test results obtained.
- Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by development team and QA team to make sure all requirements have been covered in scripts and tested properly.
- As a point person need to train and guide the testing team during test script preparation.
- Involved in identifying the base testing efforts on a prioritized feature schedule.
- Came up with methods to reduce risks of releasing new upgrades to the system in production by doing a controlled release of new features (upgrades).
- Reviewed Performance/Stress testing results done by analyzing Task distribution diagram, Transaction Profile and User profile, creating virtual users and analyzing different reports.
- Effectively communicated user acceptance test results between users and development team and provided recommendations for change control requests (CCR)
Confidential,Business Systems Analyst,Chicago
Environment: Mercury Test Director 8.0, PVCS Tracker, Oracle 9i, Java/J2EE, RequisitePro, ClearCase, ClearQuest, MS Project, Cognos(ReportNet), DataStage 7.0
- Researched the then current application, various compliance issues, providing insights to the architecture group, Security group, and resource management group for effective budgeting, bridging with the Translator vendor’s technical group and converting these semantics to the eMedNY application.
- Created use case narratives to record Subscription business rules.
- Analyzed the business rules for the international user subscription and impact of localization.
- Followed SDLC, which included requirements specifications, design, analysis and testing. Followed RUP methodology with Agile/Extreme Programming and using Rational Test Suite for various phases of RUP.
- Dealt with data mapping issues between various source systems and staging area and data-marts.
- Worked with Business users to come up with Reporting Requirements. Reports were developed in Cognos.
- Produced various artifacts Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirement Specification (URS).
- As a point person responsible for resolving business rules/conflict resolution for the development team.
- As member of system architecture team designed and reviewed user interface.
- Developed Business case and assessed the ROI.
Client:Confidential, Business Systems Analyst,Chicago
MY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helped conduct meetings with the end users and performed interviews to gather the requirements from them and to convert those requirements into Requirements document for the development and testing teams.
- Analyzed the business requirements to get a thorough understanding of the testing requirements and developed test plans and created test cases in Rational Test Manager for extensive coverage of the requirements during testing.
- Worked with the developers to understand the ERD (Entity Relationship Diagram) and thus create comprehensive test plans, following the RUP model, for the applications and also gather test data for the data driven test cases.
- Used Rational Rose for providing visual modeling (UML Models) of the business process for the project and providing cross-reference between the code and the requirements during elaboration phase of the design process.
- Provided the sequence and flow diagrams for various modules in the project using Rational Rose.
- Investigated, documented and monitored the defects in Rational Clear Quest.
- Participated in weekly review meetings to report the documented test metrics and defects found in the System. Closed bug reports once they are resolved and verified.
- Involved in Training and Documentation.
- Used MS Visio to create process flowcharts and workflow Diagrams
- Managed Traceability matrix to trace business Requirements, Functional Requirements, and Use Cases.
- Identified opportunities for business process improvement and initiated efforts to make improvements.
- Assisted in designing test plans, test scenarios and test cases for integration, regression and user acceptance testing.
Confidential,Business Systems Analyt,Chicago, IL: Rational Suite, Visual Age for Java, UML, Oracle8i, Solaris UNIX, and Windows 2000
- Extensively gathered requirements from all users, experts, and key personnel to understand the current functionality of the existing system.
- Performed in-depth Gap analysis with different business groups to ensure that the system initiatives are met.
- Assisted in modeling and documenting the end-user's AS-IS workflow and TO-BE business processes.
- Created artifacts such as use cases, and developed Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Analyzed and maintained business and system requirements using Requisite Pro.
- Involved in documentation during various phases of product life cycle.
- Designed requirements traceability matrix to trace/manage business requirements.
- Researched best industry practices and implemented best practices via template and process improvement.
- Used Rational Clear Case and Clear Quest as Configuration Management and Change control tools.
- Interacted with the development and testing teams to improve overall quality of the Application.