A high energy, customer - focused Business Systems Analyst and EDI Specialist with experience developed through a result oriented track record, demonstrated by many successful and creative accomplishments. A proven, goal oriented self-starter who has a highly versatile computer applications background involving short and long range planning complemented by in-depth knowledge of business systems and procedures. Demonstrates exceptional problem solving, strategic thinking and job completion skills under tight time constraint with expertise in key competencies:
- Requirements Elicitation
- Key Liaison with Business Users and Technical Teams
- Internal and External Communications
- Test Plan Development
- Integration Testing
- File Specifications
- EDI Implementation / Support
- EDI Mapping & Development
- EDI X12 standards
- Application Support
Business Unit Systems Analyst
Confidential, partially based in Santa Ana, is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers.
- Spearheaded the EDI implementation of the(Consolidated Service Invoice), and 824 (Application Advice) between Stillwater Insurance and Assurant. This increased efficiency and lowered costs by reducing the use of mail paper documents. This EDI implementation included: Conducting weekly status meetings with Stillwater and Assurant staff, creating weekly agendas, communicating requirements between the Stillwater and Assurant EDI Developers, developing and executing test scripts, documenting and resolving testing issues, and acting as a liaison between the IT Development, EDI Development, Management, and Stillwater to ensure a smooth and successful EDI implementation.
- Received recognition from my manager as being the standard bearer for how to handle projects with trading partners. Established a communication style and approach on conference calls that my manager encouraged others to use with their projects.
Confidential, located in Santa Fe Springs, has established a reputation for providing prompt, reliable services to the transportation industry. By utilizing the latest in technology and offering superior customer service, the St. George name is recognized around the world as a leading provider of warehousing and related services.
- Validated, monitored, and corrected EDI 856 (Advance Ship Notice) documents before they were transmitted from St. George to its trading partners, ensuring that St. George's clients received accurate and timely advance data on shipments to better plan workloads and receipt processing.
- Enhanced customer service by acting as a liaison between the Central Billing Office, customers, and software vendor to resolve EDI issues.
- Resolved EDI transaction issues by communicating requirements from the customer to the EDI software vendor and validating that the mapping enhancements are correct.
EDI Specialist (Special Project)
Los Angeles-based Confidential is the leading logistics provider on the West Coast. Specialties include: 3PL (Third Party logistics), supply chain solutions, contract & shared warehousing, transportation services, freight management.
- Executed integration testing with external trading partners and internal business units, ensuring data integrity of new EDI documents.
- Enhanced AS2 configurations in response to trading partner requests to ensure there are no issues with sending and receiving EDI transactions.
- Introduced new documentation about Weber’s EDI systems and processes, helping other team members move forward with projects.
Los Angeles-based Confidential is an expedited LTL transportation and logistics company offering expedited LTL freight delivery across the U.S.
- Developed, tested, and implemented Gentran EDI maps with their internal data validation configurations to ensure that all inbound and outbound EDI transactions meet the requirements of Confidential ’s internal and external customers.
- Updated the Gentran EDI system to the latest software patch to make sure that inbound and outbound documents continue to be correctly validated and processed.
- Developed and executed SQL queries against the Gentran database to obtain needed information to satisfy the needs of both internal and external parties.
- Interfaced with internal business units and external customers / agents to define, document, and configure new inbound and outbound EDI transactions, expanding Daylight’s business.
- Enhanced and managed automation processes of scheduled EDI transmissions to ensure the sending and receiving of accurate and timely data.
- Monitored, investigated, and corrected data validation errors with inbound and outbound EDI transactions to ensure continued transaction processing.
- Played a role in the conversion to a new Transportation Management System (Truckmate) by providing file specifications for all inbound and outbound EDI transactions and enhancing all inbound and outbound EDI maps to interface with this new system, contributing to the successful completion of company goals.
Technical Services Representative
Irvine-based Confidential offers comprehensive Internet-based national bill review software, workflow and outsource solutions to the workers’ compensation payer community.
- Analyzed Pervasive EDI maps, providing suggestions for map development to reduce errors in HIPAA EDI transaction and data validation processing.
- Developed SFTP / PGP configurations in response to new HIPAA EDI requirements, satisfying customer requests.
- Responded to and resolved healthcare application support issues escalated from account management, gathering pertinent information from account management, product management, application development, and clients as necessary. Ensured that the client’s expectations were met when resolving these issues.
- Conducted in-depth data analysis to correct errors with healthcare application files to maintain the highest quality HIPAA file processing and data validation.
- Improved the StrataWare software by providing detailed documentation to product management on various application issues.