- Business communication has many forms, and it often needs to be directed to audiences with varied needs/interests.
- Over the years, I have worked as a Senior Technical Writer / Editor, Marketing Writer, Business Process Analyst, and Instructional Designer / Trainer.
- In all of these roles, it has been my job to identify audiences, pinpoint their specific information requirements, and deliver that information to them in a format that meets their unique needs.
- With a professional career that spans more than 20 years, I have extensive experience in the following areas
- Technical / User Documentation
- Marketing Communication
- Writing/Editing Proposals / RFPs
- Web Content
- Human Factors (User Interface Design)
- Business Process Analysis / Mapping
- Instructional Design / User Training
- Online Help Systems
- Change Management
- Content Management Systems
Senior Business Process Analyst, Oklahoma CityResponsibilities:
- Documented business processes for Colonial Savings, including system / application flows throughout the organization. Project included creating complex Visio/TaskMap diagrams.
Senior Instructional Designer/Writer,Oklahoma CityResponsibilities:
- During a short - term project, wrote training scripts and developed web-based training modules and jobs aids. All modules were developed using Articulate Storyline.
Freelance Writer, TXResponsibilities:
- product briefs, spec sheets, and blogs related to the cloud and Big Data storage/data management systems.
Senior Technical Writer/Editor, State of TexasResponsibilities:
- Wrote Documentation Style Guide, designed project documentation templates, developed/taught training courses to support use of templates by project software engineers and sub-contracting agencies, and served as Senior Editor for all documentation delivered to the client . Project used IT Infrastructure Library and frameworks for IT governance and controls.
Senior Technical Writer, NYResponsibilities:
- Analyzed Business/User Requirements
- Designed user interfaces for business applications
- application developers/testers to ensure application quality/consistent ‘look and feel’ of applications
Senior Writer, Las VegasResponsibilities:
- Wrote content internal and client-facing websites
- Redesigned the user interfaces for client-facing websites
Bussines Analysist, FLResponsibilities:
- Wrote all technical/user documentation for web-based data warehouse applications
- Fine-tuned user interaction design for applications to increase usability
- Wrote all online Help related to applications being developed
- Designed Change Management strategy for use during pilot/rollout programs
- Identified all related communication/training needs
- Developed training outlines for all business roles within company
- Assisted in development of a measurable, long-term training strategy
Freelance Writer, TX and USAResponsibilities:
- Designed/wrote content for web portal for use project teams
- Designed and developed websites, brochures, annual reports, newsletters