- Over 10 years of professional IT experience.
- Expertise in Business Analysis, Requirement Analysis and Requirement gathering
- Experience in facilitating and leading multidisciplinary teams along with hands on expertise in Project Management, Process identification, direct customer interaction and leadership responsibilities.
- Full life cycle experience (SDLC) with waterfall and scrum methodologies.
- Hands on experience working on scrum teams.
- Experience acting as a scrum product owner.
- Experience with Risk and Compliance Reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design using UML, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and MS - Visio professional.
- Documentation of the User stories, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Procedures based on the Design Document and User Requirement Document.
- Adhere to the PMBOK and BABOK standards.
- Experience in interacting with business users to identify information needs and initiating process changes, and authoring Use cases using UML.
- Worked on Business Process modeling using Rational Software Architec.
- Experience with SAAS, cloud computing services for Sales Force AppExchange.
- Experience working with SQL-Server and Oracle Database.
- Experienced in interviewing small and large groups.
- Experience in assisting Project Manager in project management activities, estimating, resource planning, status reporting and documentation, monitoring the project status and involved in handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding organizational skills including ability to multitask prioritize and manage increasingly complex issues.
Analysis /Methodologies: RUP, Agile/Scrum methodology, Waterfall methodology, Cost/Benefit Analysis, Gap Analysis, Feasibility Analysis
Programming Languages: HTML, Java
Microsoft Tools: Microsoft Project, MS office Suite, SharePoint, Visio
Rational Suite: Rational RequisitePro, Rational Rose, Rational ClearCase, Rational ClearQuest
Reporting: Crystal Reports, MS Excel
Database: MS SQL, Oracle
Testing Tools: Quality Center, Load Runner, Quick Test Pro
Operating Systems: Win 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Unix
Other Tools: Clarity PM, Primavera, Open Workbench, Tableau, Salesforce, PeopleSoft, Business Objects, Eclipse IDE, Finware, Hogan, Ebbs
Confidential, Phoenix AZ
Business Systems Analyst
Description: Confidential is a global leader in providing credit card and travel information services to customers and merchants. Financial investigations Unit within Amex is responsible for investigating suspected AML transactions of merchants and customer affiliated with Confidential. The investigators would access the transactions using SQL queries and work with the data in an ad hoc manner to identify Fraud transactions and violators.
- Work with the business teams in understanding the requirements (Content/Wireframe/ Scope Matrix), while providing the required system information to them.
- Acted as a scrum product owner.
- Developed Scrum user stories.
- Prescribed acceptance criteria working with cross functional teams.
- Lead the demo sessions.
- Responsible for creating product back log and sprint backlogs.
- Extensively interacted with the various SME’s to gather strategic objectives and closely interacted with the different cross functional teams to gather the business requirements and non-functional requirements and documented them.
- Document the requirements and specifications to configure, customize and integrate the Norkom Fraud Detection System.
- Worked on the business requirements for new features in the existing application.
- Documented and maintained the Change requests, Issues and Clarifications associated with the project throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Created the Business requirements document (BRD) in accordance with the business SMEs and get them signed off by the appropriate stakeholders. Also, worked with SME to modify workflow process by business reengineering practices.
- Presented the project status reports to senior management to indicate the critical timelines of each activity, risks and the mitigation plans.
- Documented the AML investigation requirements and AML/Norkom systems integration.
- Decomposed high-level business and user requirements into prioritized functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for a development team.
- Performed Business Process Modeling (BPM) to map out As-is, To-be, and GAP analysis to help define process improvement.
- Communicated with various audiences with or without technical knowledge, such that relevant issues can be discussed and resolved.
- Clearly defined in-scope, out of scope items along with risks and opportunities.
Environment: Web Logic 10.2, Oracle Database 10g, IBM DB2, HTML, Java script, Struts, Spring framework, Apache Axis, DA’s, JDBC, Wirify, MQ series client, Dao’s
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential is the largest maker of security software for computers and provides security, storage and systems management solutions to help customers from consumers and small businesses to the largest global organizations.
EBusiness services group drives online and eCommerce capabilities to support market strategy for SAAS and Cloud solutions and drive revenue growth for Symantec.
- Collaboration with eBusiness Data operation Services team on the POC of Salesforce AppExchange demo.
- Creating product details, EULAs and uploading the content in Teamsite in English and French estore for Salesforce Appexchange demo.
- Content and language translation using Google language translators, loading and maintenance.
- Worked on testing scenarios for B2B Small and Medium Business (SMB) 2.0 Release for New Customer, CMUI, Redirector and CSR.
- Worked on requirements of estore and testing scenarios for B2C Consumer store.
- Responsible for feeding user stories to the scrum team.
- Liaison with business and technology team to create product backlog and sprint backlog.
- Lead and conduct backlog grooming and demo sessions.
- Active contributor in all scrum ceremonies.
- Collaboration on daily scrum for B2B SMB release 2.0 of estore.
- Collaboration on setting up of SKUs (Stock Keeping Units), Merchandizing, language agnostic and pricing for estore demo.
- Creating Business Requirements Documents and Software Requirements Specification documents.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining application and system documentation used in design, testing or programming efforts.
- Applying knowledge of the users, Operations, integration into IT standards and processes, and specialized training in the applications.
- Assisting with the development IT standards and processes.
- Referencing and understanding application and system documentation to support design, testing or programming efforts without assistance from experienced IT specialists.
- IT application support with high-level problem solving and technical project management.
- Problem solving, automating processes, leading technical peers, and contributing to planning and technical design.
Environment: CMS, Commerce Manager, Teamsite, omniture, Tealeaf, Business Objects, Oracle Database 10g, Web Logic 10.2, XHTML, XML, XSLT, CSS, AJAX, HTML, Opsware, Ingrain, MS SharePoint
Confidential, El Dorado Hills, CA
Business Systems Analyst
Description: Confidential is the mega program for taking service to the next level for purchasers, providers, producers and members and to deliver a business process transformation that will allow to process and pay claims with greater efficiency, enroll members faster, have more flexibility in how to manage network providers and take competitively priced products to market with greater speed.
- Documented As - Is process and To-Be Process to perform Gap Analysis.
- Providing business analysis support to the Provider work streams.
- Facilitate discovery sessions with business process owners and SMEs.
- Interact effectively with configuration and technical team members.
- Understanding Business processes and clearly articulating these processes.
- Understanding customer and user goals, needs and strategies.
- Understanding the concepts related to BPM, RUP, how these concepts interact and Modeling.
- Communicate clearly with team members, SMEs, stakeholders and other interested parties regarding the information needed and gathered during the methodology.
- Model the target process and organizations.
- Business analysis related to complex business processes encompassing more than 3 organizational domains, external parties and processes with activities or tasks.
- Using Rational Software Architect to build business use cases.
- Development of test cases and traceability deliverables.
Environment: RequisitePro, Project Server, MS Word, MS PPT, MS excel, MS VISIO, MS Access, SQL Server, JAVA, ASP,HTML, Facets, NetworkX, Metavance
Confidential, Novato, CA
Sr. Business Analyst
Description: Confidential, is a subsidiary company of Capital One leading national mortgage lender and offers residential brokers, commercial brokers, and correspondent lenders the widest range of mortgage products and tools to streamline the work and build business. Pipeline Manager Online Loan Monitoring Service for Mortgage Brokers is a simple web-based, application that delivers real-time information to its customers via its web portal.
- Responsible for writing requirements for WebTrends reports for Visitors Dashboard, Visit trends, Content groups and Sub Groubs, Downloaded files (eg. PDF) Authenticated Usernames.
- Actively involved in Project Management including deployment, documenting, and implementation throughout the entire software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for facilitating workshops for documenting business Requirements from the stakeholders, users, architects and SME’s for complete understanding of the business process and application so as to transform them into functional specifications for the application development.
- Incorporated the best practices methodologies as advocated by the Rational Unified Process to develop a structured approach during the overall SDLC.
- Conducted JAD sessions with various stakeholders for integration requirements.
- Discussed and resolved open issues, discuss change requests and documented them in orderly fashion.
- Identified Use Cases from the requirement and wrote Use Case Specifications.
- Defect tracking, assigning, getting defects resolved, submission, documentation and change requests were carried out using Remedy and Quality Center.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing with the users.
Environment: Rational Suite Enterprise ( Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Clear Case), LSAMS, UML, XML, Eclipse, SQL-Server, MS Visio, MS Project, Crystal Reports, MS Excel
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Sr. Business Analyst
- Simultaneously handled several applications tested, tracked and documented the results. Interacted with the clients in documenting the requirements and tracked the changes.
- Impact Analysis is performed to estimate the effects involved with changes in requirements, evaluating their impact on the project as a whole.
- Collected information and data from other departments regarding inputs/outputs, triggers, dependencies and process interfaces.
- Integrated the distributed data in several locations to serve the purpose of the project. Compiled the business requirements and used them as guidelines to create a test plan to test the new application.
- Conducted conference calls with offshore developers following up with changes in requirements and their impact on the development process.
- Defined validations to be built into application in line with the functional requirements. Participated in meetings with Developers, Project Managers and Quality Analysts to discuss business requirements, test planning, resource utilization, and defect tracking.
- Documented existing business processes and helped improve process functionality by identifying and removing unnecessary steps.
- Worked on business services specifications to capture all the service rules for the different workflows in SRM.
- Identified and integrated new web functional disciplines and core processes associated with the implementation of the procedures. Recommended and implemented initiatives that reengineered improved and redefined key business processes and sub-processes.
- Involved in System testing and User Acceptance testing. Wrote Test plans, Test scripts and implemented them manually. Conducted manual testing for checking Functionality, Security and Regression during various phases of the development of the online application.
- Interacted with developers to report software bugs and re-tested the fixed issues. Investigating software bugs to resolve technical issues.
- Liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate and document requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
- Interacted with project stakeholders to elicit and document project requirements by translating business needs into testable, developer-ready requirements.
- Produced professional quality project artifacts including business requirement documents, requirement plans and models.
- Challenged requirement additions that lead to scope creep.
- Worked on RFC, RFP, issue logs, defect log and maintained a solutions log for the same.
- Worked on root cause analysis, forward and backward Traceability Matrix, trend analysis to fully understand current state, pain points.
- Worked on data analysis, created data marts to avoid ambiguity.
- Worked closely with data modeler on data mapping and data definitions.
- Worked with Business Rules and Statutes and defined best practices with SMEs.
- Worked on presentations and training materials for off-shore resources in Europe to understand vision, project purpose, risks and opportunities.
- Involved in negotiation, content management and vendor selection/management.
- Assisted the business in determining process flow and business function.
Description: the scope of the project was to build a Priority Banking portal for the bank customers to login to their accounts and access their account online. This portal also provided information access on various products offered by the bank and third party.
- Generated Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence reports for compliance tracking and AML transactions.
- Eliciting and Managing customer’s functional and system requirements.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with SMEs, users and stakeholders for resolving disputes.
- Prepared High-level Business Requirement Documents (BRD) supporting documents containing essential business elements, detailed definitions, Data Journal& description of the relationships to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Performed traceability matrix that displayed relationships and requirements by using Test director.
- Helped to establish a data quality/data governance program at the company to ensure data integrity is enforced and improve reputational risk associated with data quality issues.
- Analyzed Client Business model and proposed multiple possible solutions to support their needs.
- Did GAP Analysis on proposed solutions to identify the best solution that fits client Business Requirement.
- Developed and documented work flow processes and procedures by acting as a liaison between Business and IT.
- Worked on Business Rules in augmenting new GUI and defining premier customers.
- Educated external vendor on the to-be state, monitored progress and road blocks.
- Helped manage risk and compliance by generating status reports.
- Worked on several RFP, RFC proposals and successfully managed to get sign-off.
- Worked on milestone charts and various other aspects of the MS Project Plan including Gantt chart and resource pooling.