SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Forty years experience in the field of data processing including the areas of analysis, applications system and program design, program development and testing, applications installation, program maintenance, and production support involving a wide range of hardware platforms and database environments. Also has expertise in a variety of PC based operating systems and software packages.
Seeking a position in an environment which will allow me to utilize my mainframe applications knowledge while allowing for the chance to learn and develop skills in PC/Client Server and Web based applications development.
Confidential, Camp Hill, PA
Performed programming and analysis of health insurance claims and membership processing services. Duties included analysis and coding to correct critical subsystems problems, examining existing code to identify and correct abnormal system/program terminations, and creation of new modules and procedures as required.
- Created DB2 component packages to interface mainframe database elements and tables with multiple subsystem elements including mainframe and Web based applications.
- Developed and implemented programs and procedures that would allow system interface with external entities for processing data for Health Spending Accounts and Pharmacy Claim Benefits
- Assisted in the redesign and rewrite of the Spending Account interface with the financial entity responsible for handling members day - to-day processes, such as claims payment and addition of new funds to the individual SA for each member.
- Developed and implemented a DB2-based system for handling inbound and outbound Pharmacy Benefit data between Highmark and several external Pharmacy providers including Medco, Caremark(CVVS), and Express Scripts
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
Served as a consultant performing programming and analysis of a health insurance claims processing system under contract to Confidential . Duties included analysis and coding to correct critical subsystems problems, examining existing code to identify and correct abnormal system/program terminations, and creation of new modules and procedures as required.
- Developed and implemented a VSAM-based system for handling inbound and outbound Pharmacy Benefit data between Highmark and Medco to handle inbound and outbound Pharmacy Benefit data.
- Investigated and repaired a variety of claims processing issues involving IMS-related database problems that impacted the processing of individual claims elements.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
Served as a consultant performing analysis and maintenance of existing programs and creation new modules as required in support of the Tricare Data Warehouse subsystem at Confidential Confidential of South Carolina. Duties included analysis and programming of changes required to add new Tricare regional affiliates, analysis and correction of unit and acceptance testing problems, and creation and/or modification of production JCL.
- Converted standard COBOL and Eztrieve modules to SCOBOL in APS as part of the BCBSSC effort to conserve licensing costs.
Confidential, Inc., Atlanta, GA
Performed consulting services to the GA State Department of Community Health, under contract to Affiliated Computer Services, Inc. (ACS).
- Performed analysis of recently implemented Medicaid claims processing system as a prelude to integration of commercial insurance claims processing for the GA State Health Benefits System.
- Performed design of system integration and program functionality. This involved the design of new DB2 tables and elements, changes to QSAM file layouts for batch processing, developing alternative processing methods to correct performance issues, and development of flat file I/O procedures to allow the passing of logical data records that exceeded the maximum physical limits.
- Performed coding, and testing services, primarily in the area of claims payment and reporting while maintaining currently implemented HIPPA standards.
Confidential, North Haven, CT
- Provided problem analysis, generating specifications for problem resolution, interaction with ABCBSCT’s Tri-State Teamsters group account, and creation of Microsoft Access functions to perform data error correction in a PC-to-Mainframe transfer environment.
- Served as technical advisor to NASCO/ Confidential programming support staff for resolution of ABCBSCT’s mainframe claims processing issues.
- Provided general PC and Mainframe consulting services to area businesses, including, but not limited to, hardware design, software analysis, and advice on what existing commercial software might best suit the client’s needs.
Confidential, Camp Hill, PA
Systems Engineer/Information Analyst
- Performed production support functions for Confidential of California account including batch production cycle monitoring and on call functions to correct abnormal job terminations, JCL enhancements, and DASD space allocation.
- Served as lead analyst for the Disaster Recovery team in Camp Hill.
- Performed hardware/software analysis and production support performing software maintenance, design, and documentation of programming for various NASCO and Confidential / Confidential insurance plans.
- Served as an interim onsite support representative to Connecticut Confidential Confidential and trained the new onsite. Developed several tools for customer using MS Access. The development of these tools helped to streamline the daily reporting functions of various group plans utilizing the BCBS network in Connecticut.
- Served as lead design analyst/programmer to develop an interface between the NASCO claims processing system and the Teamsters group of the Connecticut Confidential Confidential account by establishing a process which would allow the NASCO system to transmit claims data to the Teamsters processing site, via FTP, for claims payment. The paid claims data was then returned to the NASCO system for finalization and production of the appropriate reports and forms.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
- Performed software maintenance, design, and documentation of programming for various NASCO and Confidential / Confidential insurance plans under contract to EDS Health Care System Services.
- Provided analysis and programming services, under contract to Penn National Insurance, in support of the AGR/Y2K project.
Confidential, Inc., Harrisburg, PA
Served as a consultant performing software maintenance, design, and documentation of programming for various NASCO and Confidential / Confidential insurance plans under contract to EDS Health Care System Services.
Confidential, Trenton, NJ
Performed design, maintenance, and modification tasks in support of claims processing for the New Jersey state Medicaid program.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Contracted through Confidential, Inc. and Confidential Professional Services to investigate and, if possible, correct the problems which the Connecticut Mutual Insurance was encountering the VS COBOL II Release 3.0 compiler.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Project Lead, Senior Programmer/Analyst
- Responsible for analysis, design, programming, testing, and installation of all changes/enhancements required for maintaining the hardware usage billing system and time keeping systems for the local finance offices of BCS.
- Maintained local Accounts Payable system and associated TSO/ISPF panels, CLISTs and procedures used by finance personnel.
- Lead analyst responsible for the conversion of all OS/VS COBOL programs to VS COBOL II.
- Lead analyst responsible for optimizing old programs in an effort to increase efficiency.
- Supported development of USERID assignment/modification system to be used as a part of the BCS system security.
- Project Lead responsible for analysis, design, programming, testing, and installation of a system to interface between the local area finance systems and the Seattle based finance systems as part of Phase I of a DCAA directed merger of all BCS accounting systems.
- Project Lead responsible for analysis, design, programming, testing, and installation of changes to Philadelphia/Seattle interface as part of Phase II of the BCS accounting system consolidation. Responsible for training all local personnel in the use of new on-line procedures to accomplish local requirements of the new interface.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
Project Lead, Programmer/Analyst
- Lead analyst responsible for analysis, design, programming, testing, and implementation of modifications and enhancements to patient accounting functions of a multi-user hospital data processing system.
- Lead analyst of a design and analysis team responsible for study and creation of a major cost accounting function for use by SMS clients.
- Project Lead responsible for development and implementation of migration software and procedures for use in moving a SMS client database and all required software/programming from the SMS host systems to the client site.
- Project Lead responsible for investigation of the feasibility of, and to determine requirements for a multi-mainframe, multi-network link of several hospitals and clinics of a major NY hospital corporation.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
Consultant, Project Lead, Programmer/Analyst
- Lead Programmer/analyst responsible for installation of software for mobile supply system and for training personnel to use the application software and the associated Honeywell Level VI hardware under contract to U.S. Army Computer Systems Command.
- Programmer/Analyst performing analysis and maintenance of existing COBOL based applications under contract to the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Programmer Analyst performing analysis and programming of conversion effort from a Burroughs 3500/ISAM based system application to a UNIVAC 1100/DMS 1100 based system application under contract to the U.S. Air Force as part of the Phase IV procurement program.
- Served as primary consultant performing marketing service in the Norfolk, VA area as a member of the CSC/ATD Professional Services staff.
- Project Lead responsible for design, analysis, programming, testing, documentation, installation, and training of on-site personnel for a project reporting system under contract to EG&G.
- Lead Program/Analyst performing analysis and maintenance of existing COBOL programs in support of the Skills Qualification Testing (SQT) functions under contract to the U.S. Army.
- Project Lead responsible for design, analysis, programming, and testing of existing COBOL system and conversion of these applications for processing on a variety of mini-computer platforms under contract to the U.S. Navy (NAVMASSO) as a part of the SNAP-II/Phase-II procurement and development project
- Programmer/Analyst involved in design and development of COBOL programs which would process the Aviation-3M project on a variety of shore-based mainframe configurations. Responsible for developing a program test environment and establishing procedures for processing complete parallel processing.
- Program/Analyst responsible for design, analysis, programming, testing, and documentation for existing LASS(Assembler) programs performing maintenance and inventory, functions as a part of the Aviation-3M project as a part of the SNAP-I program under contract to the U.S. Navy.
Confidential, Petersburg, VA
- Programmer/Analyst responsible for design, analysis, programming, testing, and documentation of LASS programs in support of the U.S. Navy Aviation-3M project as a part of the SNAP-I/Phase-II development program.
- Consulting Programmer/Analyst responsible for maintenance of existing COBOL programs to support supply and inventory, systems under contract to the U.S. Navy.
- Programmer/Analyst assigned to perform analysis and programming of existing COBOL programs in support of the SAILS supply system under contract to the U.S. Army Computer Systems Command.