Professional with a proven record of integrity, efficiency, problem solving and strong attention to detail in the IT and Accounting fields. I am very computer literate with a solid understanding of most software applications and hardware, the basics of creating and configuring networks and report creation and querying of databases. I am a multi-faceted, highly skilled individual whoexcels at completing projects and designated work as demonstrated through successful completion of IT audits, research projectsand technical documentation assignments worked in .Net, Business Intelligence, Oracle forms, 9i, and 10g environments. I have successfully installed, configured and maintained an online help authoring system for 8 authors. I have worked throughout the software development life cycle on varying research, analytical and documentation assignments while interacting successfully with Technology groups and end users. I have experience working in software development using Agile and Waterfall methods and have actively participated in JAD sessions, Mockups, QA, UAT and other functions up to and including post-release work.
Confidential, Bristol, CT. 10/03 - 11/09 Analyst - MIT Department
- Maintained IT corporate compliance documentation and testing efforts for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) by helping to identify and implement key controls testing matrix for IT department. Administered testing process, including; entering and certifying test results into corporate tracking tool, updating of internal and external communication and documentation, working with internal and external resources to maintain compliance through process creation. Ongoing process evaluation with the result of automating as many processes as possible.
- Collaborated on multiple departmental SOX projects to identify areas of potential risk. These areas were then mitigated by placing controls throughout the process. These processes were then noted for streamlining and eventual automation.
- Facilitated multiple efforts to document standard operating procedures throughout IT department audit documentation for external auditors.
- Performed analysis for all audit related issues, this included: "help desk" service for SOX questions that originated in the IT Department and ensured all SOX impacted software applications being released to production were compliant.
- Responsible for coordinating and completing multiple metric data gathering efforts.
- Created and maintained an extensive number of spreadsheets used for corporate reporting including: equipment metrics and related financials, project reconciliations, and various budgetary IT documentation.
- Participated in project to convert existing enterprise system to SAP.
- Created and maintained Access databases for IT department for internal resource tracking.
- Coordinated and trouble-shot the use of third party Business Intelligence tool for reconciling multiple departments telecommunication charges by creating queries and reports.
- Liaison between IT and Legal groups for all contracts and miscellaneous legal affairs.
- Technical Writer - Technology Department
- Primarily performed Technical Writing responsibilities for Technology Department, also worked as a BA, QA, and in other various capacities for software projects.
- Collaborated extensively with end users and Technology groups to create software used in Oracle forms, 9i and 10g, Business Intelligence and .NET environments; also completed Serena Business Mashups and SharePoint projects of varying size and scope for internal groups.
- Analyzed each assignment and collaborated with developers, architects, QA, and various analysts to produce feature guides, policy/procedure manuals, job aids, and training guides.
- Installed, configured, and supported RoboHelp 7 and RoboSource 3.1 for eight authors.
- Responsible for documenting all updates to Oracle production applications in monthly Release Notes that were distributed to all impacted users.
- Created and maintained internal SharePoint sites for completed user guides, internal knowledge sharing, past/current/future project documentation including justifications, approvals, technical specifications, wireframes, use cases, and end user documents.
Confidential, Boston, MA 05/02 - 09/03 Accounting Consultant
- Conducted on-site installation of accounting software and performed other designated assignments including; developing Chart of Accounts, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable systems for new companies.
Confidential, East Hartford, CT 01/01 - 04/02 Accountant/Office Manager
- Managed daily office operations at a Telecommunications company with $7 million in annual sales and eight employees.
- Developed and maintained chart of accounts, general ledger and journals.
- Designed, implemented and oversaw all accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing and collections policies, completed bank reconciliations, inspected all bank accounts and investments on a regular basis, responsible for adjusting journal entries, and the audit of inventory records with cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Responsible for filing and paying state quarterly sales taxes.
- Interacted with vendors to purchase telecommunications equipment via purchase order.
- Responsible for all Human Resources and benefit administration issues including unemployment, worker's comp, health insurance, recruiting, hiring, 401k/403b issues, etc.
Confidential, Hartford, CT 2/00 - 01/01 Practicare - Staff Accountant
- Duties included; bank reconciliation's, entries to General Ledger and journals, wire transfers, reconcile payroll, 401K / benefits reporting, financial analysis as directed.
- Reported directly to CFO for multiple projects concerning General Ledger, 401K Benefits reporting/compliance and Accounts Receivable journal entries.
Confidential - Accounts Receivables & Collections
- Responsible for reconciling account balances for foreign & domestic clients
- Acted as a liaison between internal customers and various shipping companies for the purpose of reconciling discrepancies and past due account balances, maintained various accounting spreadsheets detailing each account to action plan for each.
Confidential - Accounts Payables & Payroll
- Responsible for daily operations in a school district superintendent's office.
- Maintained accounts payable and payroll for school district employees.
- Installment of new computer programs and updated older versions for school district office.
Confidential, Hartford, CT 11/99 - 2/00 Confidential - Financial Analyst
- Responsible for entries of daily mutual fund activity into Excel spreadsheet for corporate distribution.
Confidential, Wethersfield, CT Manager of Employee Development 06/97 - 10/99
- Responsible for conducting the administrative daily operations ofa staffing company; this included recruiting and hiring temporary labor to fulfill contracts, processing weekly payroll for up to 300 employees, benefit administration, maintaining general office records, conducting heavy telephone contact via 10 line phone system.
- Managed all computer operations for office, streamlined several processes for paperwork, troubleshot problems with systems, and implemented new hardware/software while updating and improving existing internal office systems.
Education: AS in Accounting I am currently pursuing my BA I have completed multiple software & hardware training classes Classes included: Microsoft Office suite, Access Database courses, Understanding .Net Architecture, and other software applications and packages I have attended several Project Management and Business Analysis Training courses Completed several Sarbanes Oxley & general IT audit compliance training courses conducted by Deloitte and PwC