A successful leader withextensive skills in various technologies encompassing biotech, enterprise software systems, and imaging, Greg has demonstrated success in transforming inventions into leading medical devices, and many software products. Greg has extensive international experience in leading several R&D initiatives. Greg is a natural leader with strong strategic, analytical, results-oriented, problem-solving skills, who enjoys collaboration with customers and team members to create game-changing solutions.
Confidential Essex Junction, VT A leading innovator and manufacturer of soldier protection systems to assist in providing safer, lighter, and more effective protection to people engaged in dangerous situations. Revision brings eye protection to the highest standards of safety, performance, and style, while now branching out into head and body protection. VP, Information Systems 2010-2011
- Reporting to the COO, responsible for all information systems and technology world-wide (1 US, and 3 international facilities)
- Corrected a struggling ERP Implementation, bringing business process improvements to the forefront while leveraging the powers of the ERP system to drive significant margin improvements and enable strategic decision-making. Directly improved bottom-line gross margin by over 10% within 6 months
- Implemented a new Financial Analysis and Business Intelligence tool, streamlining and consolidating reporting across world-wide entities
- Architected ERP system enhancements and developed custom applications utilizing .NET and MS-SQL Server environments
- Created and implemented a virtualized technology infrastructure that enables scalability and growth.
- Budgeted, planned and executed various major system upgrades including Microsoft Exchange, Windows Server, VSphere, SQL Server, and other enterprise-level systems without service disruption
- Reduced IS department operational expenses by over 50% in 6 months
- Specialized knowledge of regulated data security regulations including ITAR and CCG
- Implemented progressive policies on mobile device computing, and other corporate technologies
- Lead the creation of 2 new data centers in a ex-US locations
- Architected the foundation for B2B integration from Revision ERP solution to worldwide FedEx distribution channels.
- Engineered a High Performance Clustered Computing solution for Finite Element Analysis modeling
Confidential- Tucson, AZ A leading innovator and manufacturer of automated slide staining instruments, reagents, and related consumables utilized in anatomical pathology and cytology to diagnose cancer and infectious diseases worldwide. Recently acquired by the Roche Group. Ventana generated more than $450 million in sales in 2009.
Senior Director, Platform Development; NexGen Core Team Leader 2009-2010
- Own all areas of Next Generation instrument portfolio development under FDA/QSR and GMP requirements, from Voice of Customer and invention, to planning, architecting, designing, Verification and Validation, registration, commercialization and support.
- Lead the maturation and execution of the product strategy, roadmap and timelines for 2 unique business segments (Primary and Advanced Staining).
- Direct multi-disciplinary teams of over 80 personnel consisting of scientists, engineers, regulatory affairs / compliance, quality, IP, medical office, and marketing personnel to execute programs from inception to adoption into worldwide medical practice.
- Product deliverables include automated molecular, proteomic, and dye-based diagnostic instruments, testing consumables, sample handling devices, software imaging, and software connectivity solutions.
- Successfully transitioned development activities from a start-up, business-unit orientation to a functionally matrix organization, fully integrated with Roche (including personnel, tools, and processes).
- Responsible for development and maintenance of multi-program budgets in excess of $20M, annually.
Director, Software Development 2008-2009
- Lead the in-house and external software development teams (development and testing) for the software functional competency area.
- Developed and launched new software platform for eCommerce B2B solution linking internal supply chain to external suppliers and distribution channels. Recognized a 10% COGs reduction as a direct result of this solution.
- Led the creation and implementation of an externally hosted eCommerce B2C solution.
- Launched VANTAGE, a workflow automation solution specializing in protecting patient samples through modern chain of custody tools and techniques.
- Initiated the integration of Roche hardware/software framework (.NET) into the Ventana software architecture; leveraging common user interface components, common data management layers, and new, high-speed runtime instrument execution layers.
Director, Platform Development; Primary Staining Core Team Lead 2007-2009
- Responsible for overall management and leadership of technical program direction and implementation.
- Directing an entire business area team consisting of over 100 people company-wide, including commercial, operations, manufacturing, and development.
- Implement all product enhancements with conformance to FDA guidelines.
- Responsible for obtaining international regulatory approvals for Europe and Asia.
- Developed and maintained a budget of $10M, annually.
Manager, Software Development 2006-2007
- Managed all aspects of software development, test, and validation for 2 on-market instrument platforms.
- Developed and maintained regulatory (FDA) compliance for all software deliverables
- Implement the company's first Device Relationship Management tool, CareGiver .
- Lead software teams in the architectural integration of the Symphony system with existing platforms.
- Owned full responsibility for bringing the new Symphony system software to market
Confidential- Tucson, AZ A start-up venture focused on the invention and commercialization of computer-vision solutions. Each solution was focused on providing high-speed image processing solutions for markets serving both government and commercial industries. Security, retail, traffic monitoring, and human detection were a few of the most popular applications. This venture was an international organization between Sweden, U.S., and India.
Director, Software Engineering 2004-2006
- International Development: Directed computer algorithm and enterprise level software developers in Kolkata, India, and the U.S.
- Responsible for all aspects related to product development, IT infrastructure, and worldwide technical sales.
- Developed and implemented the complete IT infrastructure, including all links to external vendors.
- Manage all system/product architecture
- Conduct and coordinate all technical recruitment, hiring and personnel management.
- Analyze technology and architecture trends for future corporate/strategic direction
- Developed and maintained a $10M annual budget.
Confidential. Tucson, AZ A software solutions company targeting Retail applications. Provides solutions for inventory management, pricing optimization, ad planning, and movement capture/analysis. Acquired by Retalix, Inc. in 2005.
Senior Software Engineer II 1999-2004
- Responsible for pricing management system architecture, design and implementation.
- Developed a common price generation, adjustment and volume sensitive pricing engine that provided a solution for many grocery e-Retailers
- Accountable for all aspects of personnel management, including hiring, career growth, process improvement, and hands on development
- Implemented the Agile (and later SCRUM) methodologies into the product development
- Actively engaged during sales cycle for Tier 1 customers, selling to executive management, generating over $700K in annual revenue as a technical sales rep
- Utilized extensive OO development background with Delphi, Java, C# and C++
- Developed J2ME database enabled application for handheld devices to interface to embedded barcode scanners
- Successfully implemented Pragmatic Marketing methodology into development organization
Confidential. Tucson, AZ Authentix was a mobile phone service solution provider, specializing in dynamic speech recognition services and computer telephony solutions.
Program Manager, Systems Architecture 1997-1999
- Architected and implemented the company's call center telephony platform
- Developed database middle-tier platform to support thousands of database transactions per hour using SQL Server
- Implemented suite of applications to support front-end operator interaction
- Designed and implemented SS7 network monitoring applications to provide roaming fraud protection
- Designed, developed and implemented fault tolerant core service providers for server farms of voice recognition, text-to-speech, database and telephony servers.
- Responsible for mentoring other software developers in their development of applications
- Propose architectures and technology for future corporate/strategic direction
- Responsible for architecture and design pattern IP research and code reviews
Confidential,Tucson, AZ IFS provides ERP andEAM(Enterprise Asset Management), Supply Chain Management (SCM), financials, project management, and service management solutions.
Business Analyst - Consultant 1997
- Worked with several Tier 1 accounts (John Deere) to implement various modules of ERP and SCM modules.
- Taught SQL and Centura SQL Windows to existing and new employees
- Architected and implemented a localization solution for international translation of the document management module
Confidential,Tucson, AZ Sigma provides automated applicant tracking and candidate assessment software that facilitates valid, reliable and defensible personnel selection practices.
Manager, Information Systems Development 1994-1997
- Provided product support and quality assurance
- Performed system analysis, design, and implementation of integrated client server applications (AMS/TMS)
- Orchestrated and executed transition to Windows NT LAN
- Managed corporate network, including integration of MS BackOffice
- Coordinated development of corporate Web presence
- Consulted on LAN/WAN planning decisions with government agency customers
Software Systems Specialist 1990-1994
- Developed business components for application development using Delphi
- Provided proactive technical support to hundreds of users nationwide
- Accountable for migration from DOS to Windows
- Performed demos and on-site training for potential and current customers
- Developed and maintained the Windows Help online documentation
- Maintained legacy codebase
Bachelor of Science - Business Administration in Management Information Systems Completed College on Board of Regent's Academic Scholarship