- A certified scrum master with 8 years of experience in business/data analysis and project management which involves requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance of projects, business process flow and data modeling in Insurance, Finance and Pharma domains.
- Extensive knowledge in SDLC, Waterfall, Agile (Scrum & XP) and Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodologies.
- Experience with Life and Annuity Products.
- Project Documentation: Experienced in deliverables like creation of Project Charter, Business Requirement documentation (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications, RTM (Responsibility Traceability Matrix), Scope Document Change Requests, business case, story boards, Risk, Issue logs etc.
- Well acquainted with Workflows and (UML) (Unified Modeling Language) diagrams such as, Use case diagrams, activity diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
- Actively participated in Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for requirements gathering and brainstorming ideas.
- Experience in JIRA, HP Quality Center (HPQC) as Test management tool.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of communicating with highly technical engineering teams. Exceptional mediator between external and internal customers, capable of interpreting their needs and positions to ensure the success of the projects.
- Quality Assurance: Creation and execution of formal acceptance test plans based on functional specifications.
- Change Management: Competent in analyzing and managing change to business processes, systems, and supporting business functions.
- Expert in SQL, Data Analysis, Business Intelligence and development of various dashboards and reports utilizing Tableau and Qlikview Visualization tools per requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of Agile (Scrum) methodology, User Story Creation, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) using UML, MS Visio, activity diagram, state diagram, wireframes, user interface mockups, epic, swim lanes .
Project Methodologies: Agile, SDLC, Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP)
Requirement Management Tools: Power Designer, Rational Rose
Requirement Modeling Tools: SmartDraw, MS Visio, PowerDesigner
User Interface Design Tools: Snagit, Just In Mind, SmartDraw
Data Visualization Tools: Tableau, Qlikview, BEx Analyzer
Database: My SQL, Oracle 11g, MS Access, SQL Server, IBM DB2
P rogramming Languages: Java, C++, SQL, XML, HTML
Confidential, New Jersey
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
- Executed personal interviews, brainstorming sessions, JAD sessions and focus groups to help Business Users and SME’s such as Confidential ’s Actuaries, Process Analysts and end users to gather client specific business requirements and translated into functional and non - functional requirements.
- Documented Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) .
- Acted as liaison between the SMEs and the technical team.
- Coordinated with off-shore development and testing teams during the course of the project.
- Worked on various level of SQL queries (basic to complex) to analyze issues in the QA region.
- Supported the user acceptance test (UAT ) and approval of the application.
- Documented Release notes .
- Performed in depth data analysis identifying data issues in policy legacy systems and worked with business to develop application enhancement specifications detailing in scope/out of scope items, as-is/to-be process maps and critical test scenarios to resolve those issues.
- Conducted MS Project to report project status and planning.
- Used MS Visio, designed Activity Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Generated data mapping documents from production databases to the warehouse and from the warehouse to the policy and claims marts.
- Have created various Dashboards like Demographic and Premium Forecasting Dashboard, Claimant Correlation and Fraud Analysis Dashboard etc using Tableau .
- Understand relevant risk metrics and the impacts to moves in said metrics with the ability to communicate move, resulting impact, and ways in which to remediate .
- Provided structured walkthroughs to the developers to understand the Use Cases and worked with quality control teams to develop test Plans, test Cases and test scripts based on usability and functional performance criteria.
- Participated in product release and deployment to end-users after successful development and testing of the product. Also participated in training the end-users and creating training documents.
Environment: Waterfall methodology, Oracle 12g, SQL, ALIP, MS Visio, UML, MS Office 2000, Oracle DB, Tableau.
Confidential, Bethlehem, PA
- Project followed Agile methodology for Guidewire Claim Center Integration in different sprints.
- Facilitating daily Scrum meetings, Sprint review meetings and Sprint retrospective meetings, assisting Scrum Master in developing during Sprint Meetings. Managed Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure test cases are traceable to requirement specifications.
- Gathering business requirements, converting them into functional requirements and authored the same in making User Stories for New Claim Module.
- Involved in JAD sessions for resolving issues involving data processing, user interface and downstream systems interactions.
- Created and maintained User Stories by interviewing the SMEs, Claim Specialists, Claim Adjusters, Field Investigators etc. to capture the process flow from First Notice of Loss (FNOL) to Claim-case closure, to communicate the requirements to development and testing teams.
- Worked closely with the business users, Stakeholders and SME's to identify, document and analyze the business process that was currently being followed to improve the time efficiency of the processes.
- Performed business impact analysis of proposed projects processes and gap analysis for new functionality requirements, as well as prioritizing them based on actual business.
- Identified all necessary Business and System Use Cases from requirements, created UML diagrams including Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams, etc.
- Reviewed and assisted the design team in coming up with UI Screen Mockups and Wireframes for the proposed new UI prototype.
- Assisted QA team in developing test plan, test cases, test scripts and performed various types of testing - functional testing, Progression testing, system testing, load testing, smoke testing, and regression testing.
- Involved in managing the defect lifecycle - conducting daily defect tracking meeting, reporting and reviewing the defects, assigning the open defects to developers, and re-testing the fixed defects.
- Developed complex SQL queries and dashboards (for visual representation), generating ad-hoc reports, and conducting data validation testing.
Environment: Agile methodology, Microsoft Suite, SQL, HP ALM, SAP Power designer, Oracle DB.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Initiated the project from scratch by laying Project plan, Low level design by working in coordination with offshore Project lead/Mangers for Risk and control platform.
- Worked in multiple projects R&C toolset and OTC derivatives trade management processes for Front, Middle and Back office for reference data.
- Performance Test case designing & authoring Scripts using Load Runner 11.52 and Neo Load
- Extensively interacted with various stakeholders throughout the project.
- Elicited requirements for, interviewed several users across various zones in India, USA, Ukraine for development effort.
- Managed Onsite and Offshore teams. Led several requirements sessions for offshore team to update requirements.
- Involved in technical analysis for RNC toolset. Prepared mapping document for source files and database table columns. Ensured all the offshore queries are answered and development is advancing.
- Trained the team to understand domain on operational risk management - Operation Risk Events, Actions, Reporting structure.
- Instrumental in developing various documentation required for the project to depict AS-IS and TO-BE Process. Business Requirement Document, Technical Design Document, RNC Change Management Plan, UAT defect Log.
- Extensively used MS Visio, Smart Draw Mock up tool.
- Ensured project is meeting timelines and communicated to client.
- Laid change management process to handle change requests.
Environment: Agile Methodology, Doors, Smart Draw, Visio, Load Runner 11.52, Neo Load, Wire shark, HP Quality Center, Oracle 10g
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
SAP BI Developer
- Involved in requirements gathering for the Business, through cross-functional discussions with key stakeholders.
- Preparation of blue print to identify the data elements for reporting needs. Discussions with end users and responsible for modifying the design to suit the business requirements.
- Translation of analyzed data requirements into dimensional data using star and extended star schema in conjunction with various other data modeling techniques.
- Involved in creating Info Cubes related to Sales, Finance, Order to Cash OTC and Procurement to Pay P2P to load data from SAP R/3.
- Uploaded Master and Transactional data from R/3 Source System. Involved in Activation and Customization of Business Content in accordance to client’s requirement.
- Responsible for enhancing multiprovider, ODS/DSO and creation of Process chain in BI 7.0
- Daily Monitoring of OTC, FIN and P2P modules related Process chains and their error handling .
- Created Vendor Finance and Expense reports in BI 7.0 using BEx Analyzer and Query Designer .
- Execute Finance reports daily along with Variants and Reconciliation of SAP Dollars data.
Environment: SAP BI 7.0, SAP BW 3.5, R/3 4.6B, Windows NT, and Oracle 8i