- 5 years of experience as Business Analyst
- Extensive experiences in Investment Banking projects specialized in Securities Trading (stock trading, fixed income trading, and derivatives trading), wealth management and risk management.
- Gathering Requirements, Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications, Application Design.
- In depth knowledge Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, Use Cases, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D).
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and Testing various methodologies.
- Good comfort level with Capital Markets, Money markets, Trading Systems, Derivatives (Strong in Options), Equities, Fixed Income, US government Treasury Securities, Municipal Bonds, Stocks Trading Cycle, Margin Requirement, Mark to Market, Hedge Funds.
- Acquired extensive knowledge of financial products and services, such as Fixed Income investments, Equities, Derivatives, Mutual Funds, Brokerage, portfolio management, Cash Management & Asset management.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Created and maintain system documentation as related to server system design, configuration and testing
- Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Extensive experience in developing Use Cases, creating Screen Mockups, conducting Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis.
- Facilitated Change Management across entire process from Project conceptualization to Testing through Project Delivery, Software Development and Implementation Management in diverse Business and Technical Environments.
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of a Project are in Compliance with the Business Requirements.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases.
- Expertise in designing and developing Test Plans and Test Scripts.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Business Systems Analyst
- Created Interface test cases, report test cases, expected results validation, defect tracking using clear quest, version control using Clear Case VOB
- Used SQL queries for organizing and abstracting data from MS access databases, created reports, forms on MS Access.
- Substantial report development experience utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Cognos Impromptu, and Microsoft Excel
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database
- Reconciling General Ledger accounts. Assisted with audit defense, Sarbanes - Oxley 404 compliance, research tax issues as they arise.
- Design and develop new processes to handle the merger between the clients and ultimately establishing the operational general ledger on the target platform
- Captured requirements for monthly SL to GL postings, calculating GL beginning and ending balances.
- Involved in mentoring specific projects in application of the new SDLC based on the Agile Unified Process, especially from the project management, requirements and architecture perspectives.
- Captured Data flow diagrams and formatting of the data flowing through interfaces.
- Accumulated system requirements from various departments like accounting, IS (Information Systems) through surveys and interviews.
- Documented Requirements for Activity management, Fixed Income, Asset Management Services, Client portfolio management, Order management system, Performance, Equities, Reconciliation, Transaction capture/Execution and reporting requirements for the user interface.
- Incorporated Rational Unified Process (RUP) to create Business Requirement Document Specifications using MS Visio and MS Word.
- Proficient in Financial, Banking and trading concepts such Mutual Funds, Check Processing. Worked in trading and risk environments especially on Credit. Experience in Financial products such as FICO’s Blaze Adviser.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frames with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Mapped financial data, general ledger data, loss event data, transaction data and people reference data from source to target database for creating a central Risk Data Repository (RDR) as required byI reporting regulations.
- Developed XML schema for data retrieval and processing to improve system flow through metrics.
- Generated XML documents using the XML Output Stage.
- Created exceptions report which were then submitted to project lead and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Facilitated user acceptance testing and test strategies with Information Systems Group.
- Performed manual front-end testing to check all functionalities of different modules.
- Have a uniform confirmation and settlement function as disparate confirmation and settlement processes impact the front office requirement.
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Mercury Test Director for stress testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Trained the future users to coordinate their activities vis-à-vis CORD system rather than ARW.
- Assisted the SA to document all custom and system modification after the SCR’s were satisfactorily solved.
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in RequisitePro and managed the concurrence of the parties involved with respect to the evaluation criterion
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Business Systems Analyst
- Involved in Inception Phase and prepared vision statement and initial data models that contain Business Requirement Documents and supporting documents that contains the essential business elements and detailed definitions.
- Working with clients to better understand their needs and present solutions using structured SDLC approach.
- Develop gap analyses and recommend business process improvements in order to plug the gaps between legacy client’s ledger
- Gathered user and business requirements through open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions and role-playing.
- Documented the user requirements Analyzed and prioritized them and converted them as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Analyzed data and created class diagrams and ER diagrams for designing databases.
- Suggested web security using encryption and authentication technologies for reporting and complaint filing procedures.
- Planned and defined Use Cases created Use Case diagrams, Scenarios and Use Case Narratives using the UML methodologies.
- Configured the Data mapping between Oracle and SQL Server.
- Created Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams.
- Created Mock-up forms in MS word for better visualization and understanding of the software solution.
- Prepared Cash Reconciliation Workflow
- Tracked change requests and monitored workload and schedule.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with management, development team, users and other stakeholders to refine functional requirements.
- Converted various SQL statements into stored procedures thereby reducing the Number of database accesses
- Scheduled meetings with developers, System Analysts and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion.
- Created and managed project templates, use case templates, requirement types and tractability matrix in Requisite Pro.
- Managed workload, schedules and coordinated status review meetings with project managers, business managers and team members.
- Authored progress and completion reports which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis in MS project.
- Identified various frequently used modules with in the application as well as the peak user volume for load testing purposes.
- Analyzed the test results from QA teams using Performance Studio Analysis to create various scenarios.
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Test manager for User Acceptance Testing.
- Collaborated with Quality Assurance Analyst in Automated and Manual Black box testing.
- Helped in creating end user manuals and procedure manuals.