- 9+ years of experience of rich experience in Business Analysis, focusing on all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and working experience on software development methodologies like Water Fall model, Agile model, Iterative model and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Strong experience on understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Concepts with emphasis on ETL architecture.
- Expertise in business requirement elicitation/gathering using techniques like interviewing, questionnaires, brainstorming, and focus groups; conducting JAD sessions, project meetings, customer interviews and coordinating various technical and managerial teams or stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent working knowledge of HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) transaction codes such as 270/271 (inquire/response health care benefits), 276/277 (claim status), 470 (benefit codes), 835 (payment or remittance advice), 837 (health care claim) and 834 (benefit enrollment) with EDI.
- Hands on experience in facilitating Sprint Ceremonies (Product Backlog grooming, Sprint Planning meeting, Daily Stand - up meeting, Sprint Review meeting and Sprint Retrospective meeting) for Agile Scrum as Scrum Master.
- Having great leadership qualities for handling small/large team with strong analytical and problem solving skills, multi-tasking abilities.
- Excellent working Knowledge of various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Waterfall Model, Agile (SCRUM, User stories, Sprints) with an in depth knowledge of RUP's Iterative Software Development Life Cycle process i.e. Inception, Elaboration, Construction and Transition.
- Proficient in Requirement Management, Sprint Planning, Issue Tracking, Impediment Management and Work Allocation using tools like JIRA, RALLY and HP ALM.
- Experienced in systems testing, systems operations and systems analysis in the Healthcare, Medical Management, Insurance, Finance, Banking, IT/Service/Product, etc. environments.
- Experienced in data visualization skills and experience using visualization tools ex: Tableau, Qlikview& Congos and Analyses and comparisons of data in preparation for Dashboards and Reports (List reports, Cross-tab reports, Drill through reports, Master-Detail Reports and Cascading Reports.
- Proven expertise in developing Test Cases, Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Reports, Procedures and Traceability Matrix and documenting defects using HP QC and HP ALM. Collaborated and monitored Black-Box Testing, Smoke Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Regression Testing.
- Excellent Functional/Technical experience in implementing QlikView for Healthcare, Banking, Manufacturing and Retail.
- Hands on Working experience in efficient SQL Queries and database objects and experience in windows and UNIX environments.
- Extensive experience in writing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), Systems Requirements Specifications (SRS) and Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM).
- Experienced in creating Complex Data Models, Performance Tuning with best practices for QlikView Applications.
- Experienced in handling Multiple Fact Tables, Creating Link Tables, Adhoc reporting, Set Analysis, and Actions for QlikView Dashboards.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of creating BRD, FRD, SRS, SOP, use cases, wireframes, activity diagrams, logical, component and deployment views with rational tools to extract business process flows and workflows thereby helping development and quality assurance teams in understanding the requirements.
- Proficient in business process modeling, documentation, and testing using Quality Center, iRise, Rational Suite, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, EDM etc. in combination with UML diagramming techniques.
- Experience in Data Integration using Data center with Hub and Spoke. Extensive implementation knowledge of Databases, Data Table structures, Schemas, Data Marts and OLAP operations such as Roll-up, Drill-down, Slicing, Dicing and Pivoting.
- Excellent skills in writing stored procedures, SQL queries, functions, triggers, views and schemas in SQL.
- Familiarity with programming languages like .Net, XML, JSON and XML Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) with MS Visual Studio development platform (WCF).
- Well experienced with Web Analytics tools like Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics for making reports and recommendations. Well versed with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and its products.
Programming Languages: C++, SQL, PLSQ, HTML, SAS, .Net
Development Methodologies: RUP, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, ESDM, Waterfall-scrum hybrid.
Databases: MS-Access, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle(SQL and PL/SQL), Teradata, DB2, Sybase
Application Servers: IBM Websphere, ATG Dynamo, BEA WebLogic.
WebServices: SOAP, XML, REST, API, AJAX, Client side and Server Side validation.
Automation Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational ClearCase, Rational RequisitePro, Documentum
Requirement Management Tools: JIRA, MS Office, HP ALM, Rally, MS TFS.
Project Management Tools: MS project, MS Excel, MS Share Point 2007/10/13
Bug Tracking Tools: Mercury TestDirector, Rational ClearQuest
Utility Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, TOAD, Adobe Photoshop
BI Reporting Tools: Tableau, IBM Cognos, Power BI
Data warehousing & Tools: Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Multidimensional Analysis, Data Mining, Slicing/Dicing, Drill-Down/Roll-Up, Informatica, Business Objects, SSIS, Erwin.
Testing Tools: HP ALM, HPQC, Quick TestPro(QTP), Test Director, Win Runner, Load Runner, Niku Project WorkBench.
Confidential, Brooklyn NY
Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum Master
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing Business and system functional requirements and for understanding and translating these needs into Business Requirement Specification (BRS), System Requirement Specification (SRS) documents, Conceptual design document (CDD), Client requirements document (CRD), and Functional specification document (FSD)
- Involved in creating Business Flow Diagrams, Dataflow diagrams, UML Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, and USE cases diagrams using MS VISIO.
- Conducted risk analysis, while writing BRD, SRS, and test strategies. Determined risk impacts, developed risk mitigation strategy and created risk action plans.
- Organized and facilitated sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Support, configure, and develop SharePoint UI sites and sub-sites for PPD Quality Assurance, and Interacted with users for verifying User Requirements, managing Change Control Process, updating existing Documentation.
- Working as a Scrum Master for multiple teams to create Sprint Backlog, organized Sprint planning meeting, Daily Sprint Meeting, Sprint review meeting and Sprint retrospective meeting.
- Interacted and arranged meetings with Business and in network/out network service providers to gather business requirements for the current process of getting prior Authorization.
- Created centralized data repository for team on Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. Data tables have been created in AWS Redshift and data gets imported from AWS S3.
- Updated the organization on the advancements of Cognos techniques for business Intelligence solutions.
- Created relationships in Requirement Traceability Matrix linking Business Requirements to Functional requirements and Functional Requirements to Systems Requirements.
- Logged and maintained user stories and bugs in JIRA, Instructed and modeled core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility, ensured consistent application of scrum methodologies across the enterprise.
- Gathered Business Requirements from the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), liaison between the business team and the IT community and documented the requirements in the BRD & Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Worked in Agile Development environment with daily stand up meetings, writing user stories, planning sprints, burning points, reviewing, grooming, many more.
- Facilitated Scrum of Scrums for offshore teams and explained the benefits of Scrum to Business to ensure its smooth adoption.
- Worked in AWS environment and understanding of Micro services.
- Utilized data flow diagrams, use case diagrams and process flow diagrams to represent information provided by the Business Owners and supported systems administration team in using Cognos software for BI planning, testing and implementation functions.
- Facilitated JAD Sessions with the SMEs, stakeholders and other management teams in the finalization of the business requirements documentation.
- Generated various List Reports, Grouped Reports, Cross tab Reports, Chart Reports, Drill-Down and Drill-Through Reports and created Dashboards to present critical company data in a single report in Cognos and Tableau.
- Involved in performance tuning of the reports by analyzing and comparing the turnaround times between SQL and Cognos and wrote complex SQL queries to enhance the performance of the Cognos reports.
- Developed Tableau workbooks to perform year over year, quarter over quarter, YTD, QTD and MTD type of analysis.
- Created data mapping spreadsheet and analyzed reference data at attribute level during data integration and data migration. Identified the issues during data migration and worked for defect resolution.
- Manage & coordinate project activities with business users, development, and QA and validation teams to ensure that business requirements are accomplished within stipulated project timelines.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Documentum, Windows, Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, Sybase, MS(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), SharePoint 13, UModel, Selenium, Informatica Power Center, Tableau, VBScript, AWS, Adobe Photoshop, MIS-IP, PL/SQL, C++, Java, RESTAPI’s, AJAX, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, Java Script, JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform, JDBC, Oracle, JSON, WADL, WAQL, XML, JSF Frameworks and XQuery, Business Objects, Test Director, Load Runner, JIRA.Confidential, Malvern PA
Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum Master
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Worked in Agile development environment & writing user stories with frequently changing requirements and feature set.
- Analyzed User Requirements Document, Business Requirement Document (BRD), Technical Requirement Specification and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS)
- Conducting meetings with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to understand the workflow of the business and their application processes.
- Requirements gathering in JIRA, extensively used this tool for User Stories, Tasks, Defects and Issue tracking and generated Sprint Burn Down and Product Burn Down charts, helped Product Owner Estimate Release durations.
- Developed functional specification for developing FRD, and use cases or user stories.
- Created plan for implementing new SOA based web portal for providers using Web services and review and approval of test plan based on requirement documents.
- Transitioned projects and processes from Waterfall to Scrum is major responsibility and Educated and reinforced scrum methodology and agile framework to team members and key stakeholders.
- Created BRD's and FRD's for the migration of cases from one system to the other.
- Used EDI tools to verify mapping to X12 format and validated data at backend and database integrity by using different SQL Queries.
- For Server Side Validation, made sure that the right Data Triggers were implemented to instantiate the jUDDILookup at the right time; validated and mapped the automatically generated WSDL’s to check if they are rightly linked to the jUDDI along with mapping Third Party Servers to Application Servers in the form of XML.
- Guided and coached Scrum team on how to use agile practices to deliver high quality products throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and worked with multiple Scrum Teams and coordinated with them about their productivity.
- Validated database efficiency and retrieve data from relational database used different types of joins in SQL queries.
- Involved in configuration of FACETS Subscriber/Member application and responsible for creating weekly and monthly reports for management based on Tableau data.
- Worked closely with department managers to develop Tableau reports that added value to their daily operations.
- Maintaining the full site in AEM for changing content and getting the data from Analytics and coordinate the implementation of tested and documented changes to production.
- Troubleshoot technical errors of software and report to the development team and worked on RESTFUL Web Services to create SOA architecture for customer acquisition project.
- Used XML/XSLT to enhance dashboard performance and developed Ad-hoc reports using Tableau Desktop, Excel.
- Conducted analysis by understanding the AS-IS system and the TO-BE system requirements with the support from SME's.
- Created ad-hoc reports using MS-Excel and Pivot tables to do the calculations and creating reports accordingly and Creating and modifying SQL queries to match the requirements.
- Updated weekly test execution status and set up defect status meeting with the team and conducting JAD.
- Assisted the Project Manager in developing, tracking and managing the project triple constraint; schedule, cost, resources and scope using MS Project.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Documentum, Windows, Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, Sybase, MS(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), SharePoint 13, UModel, Selenium, Informatica Power Center, Tableau, VBScript, Adobe Photoshop, MIS-IP, PL/SQL, C++, Java, RESTAPI’s, AJAX, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, Java Script, JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform, JDBC, Oracle, JSON, WADL, WAQL, XML, JSF Frameworks and XQuery, Business Objects, Test Director, Load Runner, JIRA, Work Bench, Project Management.Confidential, Chicago IL
Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum Master
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyze and develop policies and procedures to help increase efficiency and quality and define, gather and create business requirements documents (BRD), Functional Specifications Documents (FSD) and Use Case Specifications.
- Identified, researched, defined and documented user problems and automated/manual business processes.
- As a Scrum Master adept in leading cross-functional and self-organizing teams across various business situations and Involved in Scrum of Scrum's, worked with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application.
- As a process improvement initiative created a simplified JIRA work flow and a DOR schema to track the root cause for the release fixes and hot fixes.
- Executed SQL queries on relational databases to create daily reports and conducting meetings with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to understand the workflow of the business and their application processes
- Analyzing of system requirements and Use cases involved in the product development for writing of Test cases
- Worked on Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Implementation in collaboration with the IT team - requirements development, management, documentation, BPMN diagrams and Use cases (CASE complete)
- Establish documentation for agile methodology for implementation with a very water-fall-centric development team and designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology
- Supporting the design team for designing the best UI/UX for the web portal and performing GAP analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Designed and developed Use Cases and Use Case Scenarios using the UML methodologies
- Synthesized User Interface and Business Process Requirements and translated it into the Business Requirement Document (BRD), to be use as input to the functional design specifications.
- Created data models for backend system integration with EDW, validation tested target systems for data integrity, performed database validation and used SQL queries to perform validation.
- Worked on all phases of data warehouse development lifecycle, from gathering requirements to testing, implementation, and support.
- Worked on XML/XSLT for dashboard development and upgrade and QA reports in order to make sure they accommodate various new health care plans and data.
- Involved in designing business requirement collection approach based on the Agile SCRUM SDLC Methodology.
- Maintained and shared documents using MS SharePoint and managed test cases and logged defects using HP QC tool.
- Manage the development of multiple reports in order to consolidate information that would assist upper management of various departments in making enterprise decisions via Tableau.
- Creating of verifying Tableau reports by writing complex SQL statements with joins, aggregate functions, and filters & search criteria to verify the integrity and correctness of the report outputs.
- Worked in the agile methodology-using Scrum, which has its primary focus on the management part of the software development in small iterations of four weeks' sprint. Created user stories for all the release, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, grooming & planning sessions with team.
- Involved in advising other groups in organization on SSIS development, data warehouse development, and ETL development best practices.
- Involved in generating reports from excel database for Tableau Dashboard and designed and developed Tableau visualizations which include preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters, calculated fields, groups, sets and hierarchies.
- Conducted UAT and integration testing, used JIRA to document User Stories for business scenarios, and used Visio to create workflow diagrams and UML models for state and user flow charts.
- Designed and developed various analytical modeling reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau desktop.
Environment: Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, Informatica, MDM, SOAP, XML, MS Word, MS Visio, MS Project, HP Quality Center 10.0, PL/SQL, Teradata, SharePoint 2013, JIRA, SQL, AEM, PEM, PL/SQL, XML, Agile, ETL, Oracle, SQL Server, MS(Excel, Access, Word)Confidential, Burlington NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborating between Clients, Development Team, Digital Marketing Team (SEO), QA Team. Managing clients and resolve their problems.
- Worked in Agile development environment and understanding client requirements and getting the best result oriented strategy.
- Followed Agile, and Waterfall SDLC methodologies for project execution, and used Storyboards as one of the requirements elicitation technique.
- Gathered the functional and business requirements by conducting JAD sessions and participatory Design Sessions involving major leads from the Technical Department.
- Conducted one to one interviews with Portfolio Manager to gather Business Requirements and was involved in the documentation of Business Requirement Documents.
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic Project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly and conducted Project related presentations and identified internal and external system Requirements, design and configuration set-up.
- Provided clear and concise documentation regarding requirements management plans, Functional Requirements, supplemental Requirements, Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML
- Managed the transition to new development standards, procedures and processes including the introduction of UML, Rational Products including Rational Software Architect, ClearCase and ClearQuest as well as the Mercury Test Suite.
- Maintaining client satisfaction so client retention ratio is sustained and got great achievements in many clients with higher conversion rates or increased leads.
- Reviewed Integration Test Plan for integration between modules. Integration Testing Meaning
- Implementing detailed Google analytics or tags with the help of Google tag manager and implementing dashboards, views, funnels, goals, events, many more.
- Followed the UML methodology to Create UML Diagrams including Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs), ER Diagrams using Rational Rose and MS Visio and thus defining the Business Process Model and Data Process Model.
- Performed SQL queries for managing database and handled several SQL queries for manipulating the data also involved in Data Migration.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the Business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the Project Cycle.
- Maintaining websites in AEM with maintaining content, social media marketing and paid campaigns.
- Worked with developers to make sure that they understood the Use Cases and designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA Testing and Report / Data Validation.
- Worked with Quality Control Teams to develop Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Made many process documents streamlining the team of 13 with 5 team leads and interviewing and recruiting best resources for the company.
Environment: Java, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, MS Office Suite (Project, PowerPoint, VISIO), Business Objects 6.5 (Supervisor, Designer, Reporter), XML, Erwin 3.5.2, IIS, SQL Server, HP QC, SOAP, SQL, PL/SQL, ETL.Confidential
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborated closely with the UI design and development team to ensure viability of new features to ensure proper functionalities of the complete system.
- Provide advanced digital marketing solutions to suit the requirements of companies from multiple industries; services provided embody however not restricted to web site design, search engine optimization (SEO), Paid Search marketing (PPC), Social Media, Mobile marketing/Applications and Email Marketing.
- Involved in designing and developing Data Models and Data Marts that support the Business Intelligence Data Warehouse.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used ScrumWork Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Introduced Agile and RUP methodologies to reflect liquid nature of front-office improving time-to-market
- Extensively used Rational Requisite Pro to gather and manage requirements. Created and managed project templates, use case templates, requirement types, and tractability matrix in Requisite Pro.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report/ data validation and prepared custom reports and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification on MS Access.
- Extensively use Microsoft Project or similar tools such as Open Workbench to document project plans.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and Gap analysis.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases, activity diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Successfully conducted sessions, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders on them objectives and helped the developers to have a clear-cut picture of the project.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Partnered with the technical areas in the research and resolution of System and User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: Agile RUP, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office Suite (Project, PowerPoint, VISIO), Java, Oracle 10G, HP QC.