- Demonstrated ability to identify the root cause of the problem, propose long/short term solutions and their impact, and identify workable solutions.
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and Testing in various methodologies.
- Experience in development methodologies like RUP, SDLC, AGILE, SCRUM and Waterfall.
- Responsible for creating Stakeholder Analysis, GAP Analysis, Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Expertise in UML (class diagrams, object diagrams, GAP Analysis, use case diagrams, state diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, and collaboration diagrams) as a data analysis methodology for application functionality designs.
- Experience working with large datasets and data manipulation using complex SQL queries.
- Experience in Specialty Insurance System (Stone River) Policy Center and Billing Center, configuration and Integration.
- Experience in Guidewire suite (Policy center, Claim center, Billing center and Contact center) and other Proprietary software.
- Facilitated Change Management across entire process from Project conceptualization to Testing through Project Delivery, Software Development and Implementation Management in diverse Business and Technical Environments.
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which helped in controlling numerous artefacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project.
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of a Project in Compliance with the Business Requirements.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases. Expertise in designing and developing Test Plans and Test Strategy.
- Insurance experience includes Personal Property Casualty and Commercial Automobile Product knowledge, Reinsurance for Commercial Property Casualty.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities.
- Proven record of successful collaboration with the managed services/ off shore testing team.
- Performed task decomposition, delegated tasks and monitored project milestones using MS Project.
Documentation/ Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Wireframe, Lucid Chart, MS Office - Word, PPT, Confluence, IBM-ECM
Requirements / Project Tools: Jira, Lean Kit, MS Project, Clarity, VersionOne, MS SharePoint
Database/ Query Languages: DB2 (SQL)
Statistical/Data Analysis: Excel, Tableau, Crystal Reports
Testing Tools: HP-ALM, Quality Center
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
Senior Business System Analyst
- Worked with business SME’s, Delivery teams in gathering the requirements & documenting it. It includes high-level business needs, Detailed Requirement documents, Screen field Design Document, and Preparation of application work flow.
- During the Initiation phase, Vision and Scope document is created in coordination with the Project Sponsor and the Project manager. This document forms the basis for Project Charter.
- Performed GAP analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions and analyzing and documenting the business requirements and interface requirement from various teams, business partner, SME, and stakeholders
- Identifying external, internal Interfaces, data exchange points, ECM requirements, work items, hand-offs, compliance rules, financial report requirements and documenting/managing deliverables
- Worked with the project sponsor, project team and other stakeholders to determine project milestones and report on progress; prepared communication and status reporting plan.
- Worked with Architects/Development teams in the identification of interfaces, capture the Interface requirements and map the same requirements with functional specification requirement (FSD) and system requirement document (SRD).
- Prepare the functional flow of application; prepare page mockups and allied screens using MS Visio and Wireframe.
- Documented Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure requirements were fulfilled.
- Maintained the Change Request Document and communicated it to the development/testing team after receiving the signoff from the project sponsor.
- Worked with Quality Assurance to coordinate the system and user testing activity.
- Created UAT Test Plan and Test strategy, provided advice on prioritization of testing activity in support of identified risks in project schedules or test scenarios.
- Analyzed post production defects, conducts root cause analysis, produce defect analysis report and assigned the defects to development team via HP ALM.
- Worked with the Off-shore system testing team by reviewing all test cases and provided further support in clarifying any doubts on requirements. The Focal point of contact for the off -shore team in Chennai branch.
Business System Analyst
- Worked extensively on Integration of Policy and Billing Center Systems for Personal Insurance and Policy center’s rating engine.
- Identified the impacts on Comparative rater/IVANs and communicated these changes and impacts on a consistent basis with the respective teams.
- Documented the interface (Internal/external), data exchange points, Compliance rules, Business rules and document/manage deliverables.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business user, project sponsor, operations team, and the technical team throughout the monthly release cycle for Property & Casualty (P&C) Personal/Commercial lines of Insurance business unit.
- Elicited business requirements by conducting structured interviews, JAD sessions, and workshops across various Personal lines within the P&C business unit.
- Documented business processes for Personal/Commercial insurance into the Business Requirement Document BRD, Functional Specification document (FSD) and Non-Functional Specification Document (SRD).
- Performed GAP analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Used SQL queries on production data to identify/assess risks and conduct impact analysis during the requirement gathering stage.
- Prepared business requirements document and functional specification documents; created Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Screen mock-ups using
- Business Analyst for a client writing Personal Auto, Homeowners, Excess Liability and Personal Inland Marine in States.
- Conducted insurance rating on automobile policies by going through numerous rating factors and coverage factors and creating excel worksheets to generate the proper premium for customers.
- Resolution of disputes regarding premium increase from current to the prior year for automobile policies. Having to manually rate current and prior year policies and submit a final report.
- Provided pre-production support/analysis and assisted in performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and validated test plans.
- Participated in the logical and physical design sessions, assisted in creating high-and low-level design documents.
- In depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experience in management of requirements throughout SDLC.
- Documented and maintained the change request document for all the monthly release relating to the rating team. Responsible for conducting analysis for the change request, effort estimation and sign off on the change request.
- Participated in Defect-Review meetings with software developers, QA engineers, managers and suggested enhancements to the existed application from business perspectives, provided solutions to existing defects.
- The Focal point of contact for all the post production defects related to the release. Documented the risk exposure report for all the post production defects after each monthly release.
- Used Test Case reports to track the progress of test case planning, implementation, and execution results.
- Wrote Training and Procedure Manuals, verified continuity preparedness, and facilitated business users Training.
- Conducted JAD sessions and analyzing and documenting the business requirements and user stories from various teams, business partner, SMEs and stakeholders.
- Worked with Product Analyst from 25+ states in modifying rates, factors for given class code, vehicle class, territory codes etc. in consistent manner for Personal/Commercial LOB.
- Facilitate working/ discussion/ review sessions with Business Partners, Subject Matter Experts (SME) to discuss the improvement/ changes that needed to be implemented.
- Verified test plans and test results provided by Quality Assurance team properly tested modifications to the Personal Lines Data Warehouse, specified in requirements documentation.
- Writing user stories for Business Process Flow, System Integration Testing based on the Configuration requirements of Guidewire Policy Center for Personal Insurance LOB.
- Coordinated with the product owner in prioritizing the user story during the product backlog grooming meeting.
- Decluttered Epics into user story and further breaking it down to task in Jira. Responsible in assigning estimation in Epics based on T-shirt size, user stories were estimated in story points and tasks were estimated in hours during the Sprint Planning meetings.
- Responsible for providing product demonstration and user training to the end client during the sprint review meeting. Created user documentation and training videos for the end client.
- Capture Business Volume Metrics (BVM) data including User groups, Business Drivers, Business Activities, Use Cases & Deployment Data into the BVM Repository.
- Collaborated with Scrum Master on tasks related to the planning, scheduling and coordination of project activities, estimated resource time and costs.
- Developed business process models in RUP to document existing and future business processes.
- Used Jira to propose/create Epics and Features to ensure that they are prioritized by leadership for upcoming Sprints.
- Responsible for decluttering Epics into User stories and further breaking it down to tasks involved in the sprint backlog. Provided estimation for the User stories via story points and used hours for estimating tasks involved in the sprint.
- Worked with the technical Product Owner and the Team to prioritize Sprint backlog and provide clarification on acceptance criteria, user stories, rules and features, when needed
- Worked with Scrum Master in implementing Agile SDLC processes, including ticketing system, burn down charts, scrum sessions and product backlogs.
- Responsible for coordinating with the IT operation team to provide the test environment, test data required for testing and all the artefacts required by the UAT team for testing.
- Created User documentation, provided in-house training to the end client and was the focal point of contact for the end users on all questions related to the new features.
- Coordinate with the UAT team to identify the UAT testers for the release. Prior to production release created UAT scenarios and test cases. Documented defects in JIRA and ensured they are prioritized by the development team and resolved.
Business Analyst cum Project Manager
- Designed and developed project documents templates based on Hybrid Agile SDLC methodology.
- Researched the various steps in the lifecycle of the management system and facilitated to customize it per their needs.
- Analyzed business process workflow to enable the customers to identify and choose policies which is most appropriate for their needs.
- Identify the coverage changes in the Policy center and its impacts on the comparative rater.
- Assisted in developing a file of Acord forms used as standards in all property and casualty.
- Facilitated numerous Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and walk-through meetings for the creation of design documents, gathering requirements from users from different departments.
- Translated the Business needs into system requirements, communicating with the Business on a broader scale and with an in-depth view.
- Developed High-Level Business requirement and changed them into functional specifications.
- Derived User Stories from the Functional /Nonfunctional requirements and documented it in VersionOne.
- Liable for maintaining the Change Request Document and communicate with the developers in each iteration review meetings.
- Partnered with the technical areas of the research, resolution of system and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Devised extensive E-mail marketing campaigns regularly & kept a track of positive as well as negative feedback for improvisation.
- Used Predictive modeling to identify prospects for targeted and personalized email marketing campaign.
- Trained Customer Support staff (User Training) and updated them on the web application features.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the Business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the Business line, including the Business Plan, Products, and Process.
- Developed current and future state workflows practices in MS Project.