- 8+ years of experience as business analyst and 6 + years as underwriter in insurance, finance sector.
- Expertise in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Unified Modeling Language (UML), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile methodologies (SCRUM), Waterfall methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability in SDLC for requirements gathering and documenting BRD and FSD, use case and interfacing diagrams, design; testing, deployment and maintenance.
- In depth understanding of the AS - IS and TO-BE business processes and experience in converting these requirements into technical specifications for preparing test plans.
- Facilitated JAD session, interviews, weekly and monthly business review meetings and coordinated extensive communication networks to keep stakeholders apprised of goals, project status and resolution.
- Experienced in GAP Analysis, Requirement Traceability Matrix(RTM), SWOT Analysis, Risk Analysis, Impact analyses, Portfolio analyses and Cost Benefit Analysis.
- Expertise in User Interface Design through wireframes and mock-ups. Familiar with conducting usability studies for the purpose of user interface and layout improvements.
- Experienced in Change Management during the Product/System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Involved in documenting Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Reports and defect tracking ( AML) by coordination with QA team including User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experienced in training users / peers, building consensus.
- Solid oral and written communication skills across the management and technical audience.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of P& Confidential, Banking finance, Retail industry.
- Exceptional ability to work with cross functions teams and build relationships with stakeholders like colleagues, clients, vendors across all functions.
- Excellent leadership skills including issue management, conflict resolution, team building and mentoring.
- Project Management assistance in project schedules, milestone tracking, resource allocation, etc.
- Authorized (Green Card) to work in the USA.
Methodologies /Business Modeling Tools: Waterfall, JAD, RUP, Agile, SCRUM, UML, Use Case, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro
Office & Graphics: MS Visio, MS Office Suite, MS Project, Power Point Presentation, Project, Share point, Outlook
Business Skills: Business Requirements Gathering Techniques, Business Gap/Process Analysis, Data Analysis, Use Cases, Document Analysis, Existing and Future Workflow Analysis, Impact Analyses, Facilitating Group discussions, Test Plans, Functional testing, Training, etc.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Functional IT representative for company’s revenue and invoicing system called RMB - Revenue Management and Billing system by Oracle.
- Effective connect between business and technical team for the development project of RMB to CRMOD (Oracle CRM On Demand), a RUP framework SDLC.
- Thoroughly studied the system with its customized features, gathered business requirement of the project through calls, interviews, group meetings and brain storming sessions with SME’s.
- Proficiently defined business rules, documented As Is and To Be state of the system, covered Gap analyses and Scope of the project to properly document in artifacts.
- Efficiently prepared Use Case Diagrams, Flow Charts, BRD and Functional Specs for the business requirements using MS visio, excel and other tools.
- Successfully conducted presentations, handled calls and discussions with the SME’s and Stakeholders to ensure requirements are properly documented and business sign off is received.
- Actively involved and been a connecting link between the technical team and business users to convert business requirements into technical specifications to develop requirements into reality.
- Created test scenarios, coordinated with QA team to build test cases and helped them conduct unit testing, regression testing, automation and resolve testing complexities.
- Proactive in helping users to conduct UAT and manage Go Live process, in case of functionality issues.
- Production support to the business users and functional support team, post go live. Guided them to set up user security groups and SOD matrix.
- Successfully handled and fixed post production issues by coordination with SME’s, Technical teams, Support teams and Project manager.
- Above includes SQL management, defect fix, spot testing, POC, DBA coordination, QA Instructions, User Testing, etc.
- A crucial part of the functional team for Oracle Accounts Payable (OAP) conversion from 11i to R12.
- Gathered business requirements, updated BRDs/ BR 100s and functional documents for the project.
- Made presentations with the business users to educate them on on-going status and how to handle changes going forward.
- Conducted POC and Unit Testing for the conversion project.
- Efficiently coordinated with off-shore technical teams to help them carry on the conversion process.
- Assisted program manager and team in Invoice and supplier conversion, reporting user training, etc.
- Actively involved in initial discussions with Project manager, Program manager and Technical team to understand the requirements of the upgrade project and technical requirements.
- Conducted feasibility study, Cost analyses and Impact analyses for the proposed project.
- Analyzed all customized and base product of existing version of RMB and revised Vs. upgrade version for Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis, Use case development and Unit testing etc.
- Analyzed all subsequent versions of RMB to check where the user functionality can be improved.
- Regular interactions, demo sessions and coordination with Oracle to drive project towards success.
- Been part of SharePoint document management process.
- Studied and updated all functional documents of last 5 years, which is crucial exercise of RMB upgrade.
- Verified, updated and placed 1000+ (CRs) Change requests in 45 different functional documents.
- Assisted Program Manager in preparing and designing presentation on feasibility and cost analyses of a global revenue system of the company.
Environment: MS Office Suite, Oracle ORMB, OEBS, OAP, CRMOD, Rational tools, SharePoint, SQL developer, STAT, UNIX, etc.
Sr. Functional Business Analyst
- Act as liaison between Commercial Lines, Marketing, IT groups for policy administration system for commercial line insurance.
- Successfully conduct JAD sessions and gather software requirements and Business intelligence rules.
- Identify high level business needs prepare specific detail requirement and application workflow.
- Efficiently elicit business and technical requirements for evolving P&C policy administration systems.
- The system can interface with policy reinsurance administration systems, provide data extracts to other systems, and accept premium rate and reserve factor files.
- Proficiently document needs, features, business rules, supplementary specifications etc in Requisite Pro.
- Managing the attribute matrix, traceability matrix, traceability tree in RUP framework.
- Skillfully confirm all requirements with the vision document (project charter) and business rules verification.
- Presentation of Use Cases, UI designs / wireframes and software requirements to business groups.
- Involved in training and mentoring peers and users for the system and functionality.
- Creation and execution of test plan, test scenarios, test cases (using PL/SQL), UAT.
Environment: Rational Rose, Casewise, MS Project, Mainframe, SQL server, business Objects, share point.
- Conducted weekly meetings to understand the needs and decide procedures to be followed for system development.
- Worked closely with SMEs in Merchandising and various departments like sales, operations, finance, shipping to ensure timely and accurate requirement gathering.
- Gathered requirements by conducting meetings and brainstorming sessions with senior management of the Research Group and SMEs and document them.
- Conducted interviews, meetings and JAD sessions during requirement gathering and analyses process.
- Created Physical Inventory process for retail stores, consisted of data integration and inventory process with third party vendor.
- Prepared and analyzed AS IS and TO BE in the existing architecture and performed Gap Analysis.
- Analyzed and translated business requirements into system specifications utilizing UML and RUP.
- Designed and developed Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams utilizing MS Visio.
- Documented the Traceability Matrix for tracing the Test Cases and requirements related to them.
- Performed Unit Testing and User Acceptance Testing and documented detailed results.
- Assisted Project Management in developing Scope/ Vision Documentation and Project Plan, tracking project process, and developed Risk Mitigation Plan.
Environment: Agile Methodology, Windows 2000/XP, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office, SQL Server, MS Project, MS Access, UML.
- Coordinated multiple interactions with critical stakeholders, SME’s, technical leads to define business requirements.
- Analyzed and documented the System specifications, Business requirements and detail design of the software for full understanding of the business.
- Clearly translated scope of requirements from BRD to distinguish in-scope v/s out-of-scope
- Defined detailed business rules at the process level as well as at the data element level.
- Conducted weekly review meetings with product manager to fine-tune BRDs from feasibility perspective
- Produced thorough impact analysis from Interfaces functional requirements to indentify new data elements and modifications to existing ones.
- Prepared and analyzed workflow scenarios and performed Gap analysis.
- Created Use-Cases, Sequence, collaboration and Class Diagrams to demonstrate software architecture and interaction of system components before prototyping.
- Involved in coordinating with the various respective teams onsite and offshore and being the point of contact across the various teams involved in making the project a success.
- Provide production support and involved in investigating production problems & perform fixes.
- Developed the requirement traceability Matrix to map the requirements with test cases.
- Actively in meetings with QA and other teams to evaluate the progress/ performance of the application.
- Worked closely with the Business Owner to create User Acceptance Test (UAT).
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Excel (Macro), HP Quality Center, MS SharePoint
- Acted as liaison between Information Systems group and Business User group. Conducted business requirements, functional and technical walk-through meetings.
- Involved in entire project life cycle from evaluation, development, testing to production of end user reports.
- Met with key business SMEs to gather requirements and needs document Gaps in functionality.
- Defined user and system requirements for existing and proposed system during existing system integration and new system development initiatives.
- Designed the System Flow and Data Flow diagrams as the base to obtain requirements and use cases.
- Worked with GUI team for designing the screens and assisted in developing mockup screens and prototyping of the user interface and usability testing.
- Documented business process and communicated potential impacts to the business based on data analysis
- Used MS SharePoint for the purpose of managing documents and for hosting websites which was used to access shared work spaces and documents.
- Experienced in creating training materials and handling documentation.
- Assisted QA Team in designing the Test Cases, and collecting the Test Metrics.
Environment: Rational Rose, Casewise, MS Project, Mainframe, business ObjectsConfidential
- Interacted with Stakeholders to identify business system needs, evaluated solutions for business problems.
- Worked with different SMEs to gain detailed knowledge of capital market and understand cross impacts of the system.
- Analyzed and documented system requirements and the corresponding impact on business processes.
- Studied the Business Requirement Document (BRD), supporting documents containing essential business elements, detailed definition and description of the relationship between the actors.
- Designed Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams to define Business Process.
- Worked in team with other business analysts to make an object oriented model of the application.
- Analyzed the data entity relationships and assisted on multiple short term projects in between.
- Conducted JAD sessions for different stakeholders to communicate and resolve problems at early stage.
Environment: MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, ClearCase, UML, Test Director, SQL.
- Proactively communicated with business customers to determine needs and functional requirements.
- Delivered deliverables like BRD/FRD, Use Cases, Screen (wireframes) and Interface designs, Narratives.
- Drive the delivery of documented requirements via collaboration with the development and QA teams to ensure that business requirements are being satisfied and validated.
- Monitor and provide second level support to issue management system to ensure all reported production issues are addressed according to their priority and importance to release activities.
- Handled meetings and conducted brain storming sessions with top business stakeholders to process automation of underwriting department.
- Managed various functions of technical department including third party outsourcing activities.
- Proficiently underwrote personal and commercial line P& Confidential for the clients of whole region.
- Streamlined underwriting functions like risk evaluation, rating and profitability, renewal, endorsement, budgeting, etc.
- Designed strategies for successful renewal and increase in business from existing and new accounts.
- Based on performance, was assigned a special role to support sales team to manage large accounts.
- Won market competitions by guiding sales teams in technical knowhow and business negotiations.
- Actively involved in risk Inspection, value added services as part of risk management for the customers.
- Planned, conducted and led product trainings for sales force, brokers and agents in branch offices .
- Active participation in UAT testing for successful implementation of underwriting system in the company.
- Possessed sound knowledge commercial & personal line Insurance to various target markets.
- Studied, analyzed and promoted all classes of business like Auto, Home, Accident, Fire and Property.
- Proficiently handled office operations like premium rate, policy admin, claim coordination, sales services.
- Achieved target before due time by procuring business of varied sectors.