- Results - oriented Programmer/Business Analyst with 10 years of experience, proficient in developing business processes and system solutions within Supply Chain, Hotel Management, E-Commerce and Banking domain.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Scrum and Waterfall models.
- Experienced in developing different type of documents like BRD, FRD and different diagrams like Use Case, Flow Chart, Traceability Matrix, Data flow diagram.
- In-Depth Knowledge in facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD), Rapid Application Development (RAD) and Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions, interviews, workshops and requirement elicitation sessions with end-users, stakeholders and development team.
- Experience creating company Standard Files and Templates including Weekly Flash Reports, Standard Design Work Files, Master Project Plan, KTT Plans, Traceability Matrix and Gaps Report.
- Drafted requirement gathering sessions, feasibility studies, cost/benefit analysis and impact analysis in organizing the software requirements in a structured, base lining acceptance criteria.
- Experience using Primavera and Microsoft Project for planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of system implementation and data processing through SQL. Strong knowledge of databases and data modeling and data mining.
- Experienced with Iterative approach for Software Development as per Rational Unified Process (RUP). Involved in inception, elaboration, construction & transition phases using rational tools like Requisite Pro, Clear Case and Clear Quest during various phases of RUP.
- Experience with Warehouse Management System ( WMS ) and Supply Chain Management ( SCM ).
- Analysed data flow and business requirements to create High Level and Low Level Design document.
- Performed data mapping and created workflow to load the data from the external source to the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Create custom reports, Dashboards, business cases and business processes report types advanced search functionality, tabs, tags, page layout customization and create custom links based on user requirement.
- Drafted the guidelines and artifacts of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to strategize the implementation of Rational Unified Process, in different iterations and phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experienced in UML, modeling Activity, Use case and Sequence diagrams using tools such as Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio, and SharePoint.
- Design and review of various documents including the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents.
- Appraised the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes (Gap analysis) and experienced in converting these requirements into technical specifications for preparing test plans.
- Guided to organize, document and track changes and defects using Rational ClearQuest and JIRA
- Participated in formal review meetings with project teams and developers to report, demonstrate, prioritize and suggest resolution of issues discovered during testing
- Formulating Test Distribution of test effort, Performance Testing using HP LoadRunner, documenting the progress and updating team members with the Project Team and Configuration Management Team for build release.
- Facilitated UAT with the stakeholders and the business users.
- Excellent communication, presentation and management skills with experience in conflict resolution, creative problem solving techniques and working in a challenging environment.
- Practiced privacy laws, regulations and key data protection control techniques and protocols as a mandate.
Methodologies: RUP, Agile Scrum, Waterfall, JAD
Testing Tools: Quality Center, QTP, HP LoadRunner
Change Management Tools: Rational ClearQuest, JIRA
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio, Enterprise Architect
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Primavera, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Rational Enterprise Suite, WMS, SCM
IDE: Visual Studio .Net (2012, 2010, 2008), SOAP UI Pro, TFS, Banner | Ellucian, SAP Logon Pad, VAULT
Web technologies: Web Services, Webforms, WCF, .Net Remoting Services, iMacros Enterprise Edition
Databases: MS SQL Server 2016, 2012, 2008, 2005, 2000
Data Modeling: ER Diagrammer
Reporting/Analysis Tools: Power Analyzer, Business Objects
OS: Windows 8, 2007, XP, Vista
Requirement Gathering tools: Rational RequisitePro, Rational Composer
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
Sr. Business Analyst/ Project Coordinator
- Followed Agile development methodology with daily debriefs.
- Involved in complete development life cycle by gathering requirements, analyzing the design and development.
- Created Master Project Plan using MS Project by outlining assumptions, risks, timelines, roles and responsibilities and deliverables.
- Involved in plan review sessions with the steering committee and requested sign-offs.
- Created company Standard Files and Templates including Weekly Flash Reports, Standard Design Work Files, Master Project Plan, KTT Plans, User Guide, Operations Guide, Training Manual and Gaps Report.
- Understanding of existing privacy laws and regulations as per FDA and internal protocol.
- Created and presented Weekly Flash Reports (WFR) that discussed about Progress vs. Plan, prior week achievements, overall status, major issues and risks, mitigation actions, deliverables for the next 2- weeks and key milestones.
- Requested Client side Program Manager and Project Manager to review the WFR and provide their opinion on stakeholder confidence.
- Organized and conducted the project Town Hall meetings that introduced the teams and their progress to date, planned activities and timing.
- Used SharePoint to create documentation repository/data inventory and acted as an administrator.
- Created As-Is and To-Be processes using Enterprise Architect.
- Used iMacros Enterprise Edition to build an automation interface to perform product registration for RAI in the FDA-FURLS-TRLM application.
- Assisted in creation of POC application to support the iMacros automation interface, using .Net framework MVC 5.0 with C#.
- Developed relational databases based on business requirements.
- Performed SQL scripting using SQL Server Management Studio 2008.
- Created documentation for migration planning and coordinated the efforts.
- Created Functional Design Documents and Detail Design Documents.
- Experience performing performance testing using HP LoadRunner.
- Experience working with VAULT which is an Enterprise Imaging and Scanning System to capture product related images for Advertising, Marketing and Consumer Information departments for internal and external use.
- Knowledge of key data protection controls pertaining to BOM information about Ultra Trade Secret (UTS) data.
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts/IT Service Management including incident, problem, service desk, change and request management.
- Experience with Microsoft Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) for creating MPP including resource allocation.
- Used Power Point and created application Mock-Ups using MS Visio, for user presentations and sign-offs.
- Facilitated UAT with the stakeholders and the business users.
- Created and maintained Traceability Matrix till project implementation.
- Experience using document management processes and tools including JIRA, DocHub and Google Docs to create, edit and store documents online.
- Knowledge of Information Lifecycle Management pertaining to different OpCo’s registration procedures with FDA.
- Studied and understood the process of demonstrating the Substantial Equivalence of a New Tobacco Product under the guidance of the Regulatory Compliance department for better understanding the business process.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Experience in Warehouse Management System (WMS) with respect to Supply Chain Management (SCM) for the Altria Retail business process.
- Used Visual Studio 2010 to build ASP.Net 4.0 web forms to accommodate the project scope, it broadly involves simplifying, integrating and automating the system of creating BOM’s using C# as the primary coding language.
- Assisted in research to accommodate the project scope to explore the use of Telerik UI for ASP.Net Ajax controls.
- Used SAP Logon Pad to look up the concerned systems within the ERP scope configured for our .net application for better understanding of the application purpose and suitable enhancements.
- Used SOAP UI Pro to test web services in use.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013 for safe check out and check in of the code files.
- Developed relational databases based on business requirements using SQL server.
- Worked with QA team to test the application quality and perform UAT, conducted root cause analysis for UAT environment.
- Presented Business users with sample Mockups for collecting their requirements for the specific releases.
- Conducted JAD sessions, scheduled meetings to create documentation for use by system analyst.
- Have good knowledge on Primavera and Microsoft Project for planning and scheduling.
- Created Business & Functional Requirement Document (BRD) and (FRD), including Decision Flow Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams .
- Participated in all the phases in the project management life cycle.
- Participated in daily stand up meetings to facilitate the understanding, clarification and implementation of requirements.
- Worked with the client architecture team in defining tools, processes and technologies to be leveraged on the data warehouse.
- Conducted functional walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, and supervised the development of User Manuals for customers.
- Performed impact analysis by identifying the functional business areas and supporting information technology.
- Investigating and resolving data issues across platforms and applications, including discrepancies of definition, format and function.
- Converted User Requirements into Business Requirements, and segregated them into High Level and Low Level business requirements.
- Participated in various sessions to define the solution approaches, identifying assumptions, constraints, risk and issues.
- Provided regular verbal and written status reports to IT management team.
Programmer Analyst/Business Analyst
- Followed Waterfall development methodology.
- Exhaustive management and documentation of project requirements, leading to cost-effective delivery of the business application.
- Acted as User Acceptance Testing (UAT) coordinator and monitored business testing and interfaced with the development team regarding defect status and fixes on a daily basis.
- Created dashboards to present the reports according to the user profiles.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases according to Business Requirements.
- Involved in defining Use Cases, User Stories & efforts in the conglomeration team goals.
- Assumed ownership of Use Case Diagrams, Use Case narratives and other various artifacts.
- Participated in designing walk-through with SMEs to baseline the business architecture.
- Used MS Visio to carry out the business modeling, data modeling, and object modeling effort to develop the business architecture for the application for rapid and controlled Application development.
- Documented the errors using ClearQuest and tracked them to completion by communicating and co-coordinating with the development as well as the support group.
- Created UML diagrams Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, State Chart Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams thus defining the Business Process Model.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports, which kept track of the status and progress of the testing effort.
- Understand the existing system processes and worked with business process people to develop the mobile application for room reservation system.
- Used SQL queries to perform extraction and validation of application data.
- Assisted in creation of a POC using .Net technologies for user presentation and sign off.
- Documented the gaps for creation of windows application for resizing an image to custom dimensions using WPF.
- Experience in working with various credit card issuing banks to process real-time and batch process of the transactions with the banking domain.
Programmer Analyst/Business Analyst
- Analyzed the requirements and aided in creating proof of concept (POC) that accepts time sheets and creates reports of the contract employees working at various hotel locations, using MVC 5.0 .Net framework.
- Performed Project Management activities and acted as a Technical Resource from a system requirement standpoint, to both business users and the technical team.
- Assigned and allocated resources for bug fixing on development environment and provided initial root cause analysis.
- Created and updated business documents including BRD, FRD and Scope Document.
- Conducted detailed walkthrough of business requirements and functional requirements with Business users, Development and QA Team.
- Participated in daily scrum/stand-up meetings to produce artefacts, product backlog, sprint backlog and document the meeting minutes in MS Word and send them out for confirmation.
- Translated Business Requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML) and MS Visio.
- Used Agile Tools for creating use cases, version control and defect tracking, monitoring. Used agile methodology in all areas of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Performed GAP analysis for requirements and used them to draft detailed system specification requirements.
- Drafted various documents such as Use Cases and Activity Diagrams in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical people.
- Successfully conducted JAD sessions, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders on their objectives and helped the developers to have a clear-cut picture of the project.
- Conducted presentations of the Q/A test results with analysis to the stakeholders and users and documented modifications and requirements.
- Created Test cases and Test strategy for the functional system testing and automated testing.
- Extensive use of SQL to extract data from different data sources.
Business Analyst Hyderabad, India
- To study and assess the client systems and business processes.
- Conducted meeting with the internal team members and stake holders in gathering the requirements.
- Involved in writing the Business Requirements document, Scope document and other deliverables.
- Established a Business Analysis methodology around the Waterfall methodology.
- Experienced in Electronic Record Management using Banner | Ellucian.
- Understand the various steps in the lifecycle and then implement them in developing the system.
- Helped in developing use cases, project plans and manage scope.
- Involved in writing the use cases with the help of UML.
- Assisted in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose and Visio.
- Performed requirement analysis, went through all the use cases and workflows.
- Provided key input in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Have knowledge about the delay, disruption and diversion plans.
- Ensured that all airport activities are delivered safely and securely in compliance with AISATS corporate and local regulatory standards.
- Participated in weekly team meetings to keep track of the progress of the project.
- Conducted training sessions to the end user to make sure the end user understood the functionality of the system.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for data validation and test cases/test scripts for the UAT.
- Analyzed research on operational procedures and methods and recommend changes for improvement - with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
- Conducted benchmarking activities to identify best practices.
Environment: Waterfall, MS Visio, VBScript, MS Project, MS Excel, UML, UAT, SQL Server, Java, Windows XP, Rational Rose 2000, Rational Requisite Pro, Banner | Ellucian.