- Senior Business Process Analyst with eighteen years’ experience in system implementation projects, six years as Project Lead, in fast - paced, changing multi-industry environments.
- Expertise in leadership, planning and problem-solving, with a proven record of accomplishments in successfully implementing business solutions to increase productivity, reduce costs, and generate revenue through state-of-the-art technology.
- Excellent interviewing skills, training skills, and communication skills
Software: Microsoft Office Suite 97/2000/XP Professional/2010, Lotus 1-2-3, dBase III, dBXL, Quicken, Visio, ClarisWorks, Impromptu, PVCS Tracker, Bugzilla, Benchmark Factory, Framemaker, LiveLink Document Management, Foglight, ClearQuest, Mercury Quality Center, Remedy P/CM Plus, Gemini (defect tracking system), SQL 2005, ErWin, Orion (Client & web-based), UMLet
Environment: s: MS-DOS, MS-Windows 3.1/ 95/98/2000/ NT/XP/7, UNIX, SQL 2000 and 2005, .NET, Oracle, and Macintosh
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Sr. Business Process Analyst/Business Team Lead
- Served as Business Team Lead on the MIS development team, reviewing specifications for MIS development solutions and providing input for same
- Represented the Supply Operations Team on the USAID/JSI Change Control Board to prioritize and monitor the progress of work on the MIS
- Gathered and recorded requests for ERP and website enhancements and bug reports from users
- Performed business impact analysis to describe the benefits of proposed system changes to the business and the costs of not making requested changes
- Created business requirements documents to include business process flows and use cases
- Reviewed and approved technical specification documents created by ERP development team
- Reviewed test plans and results with SDG testing team
- Disseminated information to users on system changes and trained on said changes when necessary
- In collaboration with USAID, designed an online ordering application allowing global clients to place orders; managed and maintained same application utilizing PerfectForms software
- Created user documentation and training materials for Online Ordering Application; was responsible for initial and on-going training.
- Created user documentation and orientation power point presentation/training for the electronic Logistics Management Information System (eLMIS) application, Zambia
- Prepared feedback and/or presentations to the MIS Steering Committee, as requested
- Oversaw the development and publication of standard operating procedures (SOP) for the business practices of the Supply Operations Team; implemented a process audit plan and performed audits of work performed against processes
- Oversaw the work of the Technical Writer in the documentation of SOPs and the ERP
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Created and maintained Project Plans for enhancements to case management application
- Analyzed requirements documents and/or defect tickets, to project level of effort for BSA team
- Engaged with internal Subject Matter Experts, Client representatives, and internal staff to gather and write detailed requirements documents
- Performed business application and functional analysis with the Architecture team to understand and document data, workflow and business process relationships required for satisfying business requirements
- Created various forms of technical specification documents and artifacts that described expected user and system behavior
- Created specifications for data extraction and transformation processes
- Worked with Test Team to communicate intended system behavior and facilitate Test Case building
- Determined client and organizational needs, systems and operations requirements, customer rollout requirements, page schematics and usability
- Worked closely with project management to ensure all aspects of the specified system were properly captured in work plans
- Facilitated resolution of issues related to the definition of the product throughout the development process
- Maintained data dictionary, including table and column definitions, for generation of ErWin reports and diagrams, both internal and client facing
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr. Systems Analyst
- Created and maintained Project Plans for enhancements to financial application for loan accounting
- Met with Business Users and IT staff to discuss business requirements documentation; liaised between IT staff and business users to resolve/clarify issues during development and testing
- Conducted weekly project status meetings, regarding system functionality
- Created/maintained functional specifications for System Design Document; created/maintained interface specification documents and corresponding spreadsheets
- Utilizing Remedy P/CM Plus, created and tracked tickets for Production migrations; acted as POC for Remedy Request Tracking tickets created by Help Desk
- Created Change Request Forms for Technical Implementations; reviewed and tracked Change Request Forms created by Business Users
- Tracked and assigned defect tickets, through Mercury Quality Center, to developers and system testers
- Oversaw timely completion of ADAMS quarterly review, to include notifying application owners of open dates for review session and assisting directors with certification
- Acted as POC for SOX compliance, to include review/resolution of issues
- Created ClearQuest tickets for code migration into Production and lower environments
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. Business Process Analyst
- Led project for redesigning contract system for ANR Pipeline into .NET, saving the company $500,000 per year for additional support of existing software.
- Liaised with all levels of personnel in a consultative manner, training, and project presentation.
- Redesigned a discount rate system that recovered between $200,000 and $300,000 per month for customers who are in violation of their discount agreements.
- Consulted on system changes due to business or regulatory changes. Resolved regulatory gas nomination and rate requirements, meeting a federal mandated deadline that, if missed, could have resulted in fines of $5,000 per day.
- Convinced department director that proposed enhancements would afford ease of use, subsequently providing better customer service.
- Collaborated with coworkers to develop and execute test plans for user acceptance testing and software quality assurance.
- Researched gathered information to create solid business requirements documents, project scope definitions, process flow documents, and data conversion requirements; created and maintained timelines and project management status reports throughout the system project life cycle.
- Participated as a team member redesigning corporate/security system for ANR and TGP Pipelines into .NET.
- Performed internal control testing and documentation in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Conducted formal classroom training sessions and informal one-on-one user training, as requested.
- Developed system user manuals (including final technical editing and proof copy production).
- Provided post implementation customer support, via a Support Call Center; analyzed and resolved post implementation issues, utilizing querying tools and problem tracking software.
Confidential, Houston, T X
- Developed and implemented application test cases utilizing performance objectives and design specification documents.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Business Process Analyst
- Team Leader in redesigning contract system for TGP Pipeline. Designed and modified internal and customer user interface screens for gas distribution and sales software application.
- Analyzed post implementation issues and resolved, utilizing querying tools and problem tracking software.
- Developed system documentation and user support materials (including final technical editing and proof copy production).