- Result - driven IT Business Analyst with 8+ years of experience within IT Industry with extensive Systems Analysis, Data Analysis, Application Development and Project Management background.
- Extensive experience serving as a liaison between Business and IT teams and ensure requirements are gathered, interpreted, addressed and tested to meet business needs.
- Successfully managed IT projects within various business domains including Financial Services and Investment Management, Government Agencies, Public Health and Retail-Hospitality utilizing full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) approach with PMI Standards.
- The most recent experience managing the projects involving SaaS (Software as a Service) Product across the organization involving extensive change management, IT integration, User Acceptance Testing, End User Training and Vendor Management across multiple geographies.
- Effectively utilized various Business Requirement gathering tools & techniques such as Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, interviews, surveys, questionnaires, brainstorming sessions to elicit business requirements from the cross functional teams including Subject Matter Experts. (SMEs), Business Users, Business Sponsors, Application Development/Support, Testing teams.
- Rich experience in Data Analysis, Data Mapping and interpreting Database schemas.
- Exposure to various Project Management methodologies with a thorough understanding of Waterfall and Agile concepts and techniques.
- Excellent team building and conflict resolving abilities with outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish effective and clear communication across various levels within the organization.
- Effectively worked with business teams, technical teams as well as the senior leadership team.
- Cross-functional team management experience including departments outside of Information Technology from Project inception to post-delivery learning, following SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Effectively managed teams distributed across multiple geographic locations.
Business Analysis Tools & Techniques: - Requirement Elicitation, Surveys, Questionnaires, Interviews, JAD Sessions, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Use Cases, Data Mapping, Data Modeling, Entity Relationship Diagram (E-R), Data Flow Diagrams (DFD), Swim Lane, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), User Stories
Functional Area:: Retail-Hospitality, Government Agencies, Public Health, Investment Management and Financial Services
Project Management Skills: - Managing Resources, Tracking Project Timelines, Risk and Issue Management, Stakeholder Communication, Status Reporting, Relationship Building.
Management Tools: Windows 10&8, MS Office 2010 suite including MS Project Planner, Visio, Word, Excel, SharePoint, Infor IPS-CDR, SAP SuccessFactor HCM Suite, HP PPM, Oracle BI
Project Management Methodologies: - Standard SDLC, Waterfall, Iterative, Agile (Scrum)
Databases:: SQL Server, MS Access
Business Modeling Tool:: (Wire Frames & Flow Diagrams) - MS. Visio, Gliffy, JIRA
Software Testing Tools:: HP Quality Center (QC), Test Director, Manual Testing
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Business System Analyst
- Interact with the stakeholders in the compensation accounting group to gather and manage requirements
- Prepare business requirements and functional specifications documents
- Identify essential process flows connecting the Human Capital Management, Equity Compensation and Compensation Accounting groups and re-engineer if required
- Create Work Break Down Structures, Cost and Time estimates, Responsibility Assignment Matrix as necessary
- Manage resources to ensure delivery within planned timeframes and budget
- Act as the liaison between the business users and the technical team (onsite and offshore)
- Manage traceability between requirements, use cases and test cases
- Prepare reports for Equity Compensation group using Oracle Business intelligence tool
- Prepare detailed use case diagrams to capture usage scenarios for the full life cycle of an equity reward right from grant to vesting
- Design wireframes for the UI in Visio
- Perform GAP analysis and Data modeling
- Work closely with the testing team for preparation and execution of UAT plans.
- Prepare user manuals, presentations and provide end user training
Business Analyst, Finance & Health Dept PMO
- Worked with Business Ops Leadership to plan for Staffing Footprint changes, applicable contract changes with 3rd party agencies and vendors.
- Closely worked with project stakeholders, and leadership teams to identify, mitigate and monitor project risks.
- Verified the data and generated reports by running batch process, using SQL query to make sure that the integration of multiple systems is implemented as per the scope .
- Acted as a liaison between Information Security, Access Management and Business Ops Leadership Team to ensure system access is provisioned for all Line of Businesses of the business ops teams.
- Coordinated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) efforts including documentation of test cases, test execution and triaging defects between IT, Business and Testing teams.
- As part of IT Team, conducted System Security Testing and Facilitated the Application Support and System Testing team at Tier 2 Level as SME’s.
- Managed project status reporting to diverse audience including team members across multiple geographical locations and executive leadership teams.
- Worked with Subject Matter Experts (SME), Business Users, Business Sponsors & Development Team to define scope, gather, elicit, analyze and document Business Requirements by conducting JAD sessions.
- Represented as-is and to-be business processes by using appropriate techniques such as Activity Diagrams, Data Flow diagrams, Swim Lane Diagrams etc.
- Captured and refined Business Requirements through User Stories and created Use Cases
- Translated Business Requirements Document (BRD) into Systems Requirements Specifications (SRS).
- Participated into Cost Benefit Analysis meetings to perform evaluate In-house developments (Build) vs. Procurement (Buy).
- Developed Use Case documentation tracing each Business Requirements through the Testing process.
- Actively participated into software testing (QA) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phase, to ensure the end product meets Business needs and matches to the user requirements.
- Managed cross functional teams by developing detailed project plans, achieving timely progress against plans and delivering all critical elements of the project management model. Developed quality measures and critical success factors to effectively measure project success rates.
- Managed communications and status reporting of the tasks to the Project Team, IT Management, Business Sponsors, Director and Steering Committee.
- Project Planning and tracking project schedule, risks and resources using the Microsoft Project
- Adhered to standard Project Change Control Process to manage scope, schedule, budget changes ensuring timely approvals from Business and IT Sponsor Teams.
Business Analyst - Finance & Management Technology Team
- Coordinated with the Project Managers and Vendors on budget matters, work accomplishment and related expenditures as part of talent transformation to HCM as solution skills.
- Created BRDs, Use case, Activity Diagram, Use Case and acceptance criteria for IT systems to track vendors’ contracts to align with the established guidelines of FEMA, State Housing Programs and the State & City government agreements.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD) and collaborated with the respective business unit(s) to understand their needs and propose appropriate business and technical solution(s).
- Define requirements to set up funding data, Grants Processing, Budgeting & Accounting Grants Coding for the new Grants, Master Donations donors’ and Asset Management.
- Worked with the Finance Compliance and Auditor SMEs to capture and review Business requirements, Reporting Requirements & processes meet CC Unit and TX Divisional compliance rules.
- Managed multiple projects end-to-end under Thrift Stores, Disaster Relief, HR & Finance Systems, serving diverse business units including - Store Ops/logistics, Sales, Budget and Accounting.
- Measured results against plans vs. actual grant budgets through different periodical reports and tracked the status of government approval of funding with relationship building skills.
- Worked with Technical Support teams to transition newly developed functionalities to Business Application Users Systems Support.
- Generate different data reports from grants allocations of income and expenses using SQL queries and Write DFD and functional specifications for the accounting data processing system.
- User training on application functionality and application changes.
- Managed verbal and written communication with the stakeholders.
- Foster an environment of continuous process improvement in public services.
Consultant Business Systems Analyst
- Worked with the designated business stakeholders and IT Application owners to define scope.
- Designed and developed automated process for system analysis and impact assessment by employing business process improvement for inventory control, product inventory and selling price.
- Detailed analysis of each of the retail business applications finalized for deploying and listing system elements to be physically implemented in network environment.
- Communicated with the client for modification and installation at client site.
- Created User Training materials along with SME and provided training to all business end users for all concern departments.
Sabre CRM for Hotel Room Booking System
- The system was developed to facilitate managing room booking of the hotel using a CRS tool in PMS.
- Involved in Analysis of System, Design & Develop flow of System
- Involved in Program logic specifications to create and manage room booking as business requirement
- Developed a client module that gives the facility to check the availability of the rooms and also gives the facility to book rooms or extend /cancellation of booking..
- Prepared Technical Specification Documents based on the requirements explained in the FRD