- Creative and self - motivated Sr. Business Analyst with over 8 years of experience in Business/Data Analysis.
- Exposure in Healthcare, Banking and Finance Service Industry (Regulatory Reporting, Capital Market, Assets Management, Bonds, Fixed Income) and capable of handling complicated issues and explaining it to the users.
- Extensive knowledge and highly experienced with SDLC utilizing Agile, Waterfall and RUP methodologies.
- Experience of working on web based as well as client server applications.
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions and one-to-one sessions for various business purposes.
- Proficient in documenting Business Requirements (BRDs), Functional Requirements (FRDs), Non-Functional Requirements, Systems Requirements Specifications (SRS), Data Mapping Document, Use Cases, Test Cases, User Interface Prototypes with the help of Rational Requisite Pro.
- Sound experience in UML using business modeling tools like MS Visio and Rational rose for creating Use Case Diagrams, Business Process Models, Process Flow Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, State Diagrams & work flow diagrams.
- Excellent record in assisting QAs with writing test plans, creating different test cases, UAT and testing for the integration of the project to test the functionality of the process on HP ALM quality center platform.
- Performed GAP Analysis to gain a clear understanding of the ‘AS IS’ & ‘TO BE’ state of the system and converting these changes into technical requirements.
- Expertise in conducting backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning sessions, product demonstrations and sprint retrospective sessions.
- Well experienced in handling meetings like Change Management, IDAM, Benefit-Cost Analysis and SWOT Analysis.
- Strong experience in understanding WEB APIs & FTPs for platform migration project (REST, HTTP, SOAP).
- Proficiency in report design, table/query design using SQL as well as data mapping functions of the system and strong understanding of the database, Change Management Process (Identify, Analyze, Evaluate, Plan, Implement, Review and Close).
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Business Systems Analyst
- Conducted one-on-one meetings and involved in the trainings to understand the system.
- Designed and developed Business Flow Diagrams, Object Oriented Models using MS Visio to understand the process flow for smooth transition of the project to production phase.
- Developed the user guides of TLM premium for the end-user training.
- Evaluated the information gathered from all the resources and developed High-Level Business Requirements and conducted requirement walkthroughs to obtain signoffs for the requirement.
- Developed Test Scripts for UAT phase and performed detailed analysis of the accounts used for testing.
- Clarified client requirements and took requirement sign offs by conducting walkthroughs and feedback sessions.
- Participated in UAT plans and Parallel period.
- Initiated the SharePoint structuring and alignment of documents for TLM TIR project.
- Developed several documents which contained the link to all the documents necessary for TLM TIR and made it accessible to all the SMEs and associated partners.
- Developed project plans like UAT readiness plan, operation readiness plan and coordinated almost 70 testers and their Mangers for UAT test plan and test script approvals across EMEA, NA and APAC regions.
- Conducted daily status calls to follow up the issues raised and coordinated between the Vendor, Technical and Business team.
Environment: Waterfall, Snag IT, TLM Smart Stream, Recon Admin, Smart Studio, ORC, CADIS, MS Visio, MS Office.Confidential, Chicago, IL
Business Systems Analyst
- Conducted one-on-one meetings with the project SMEs to gather requirements. Facilitated sessions with users and documented their changes in requests.
- Facilitated business requirements gathering sessions with the business and overlooked the creation of Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Functional Specifications using Visio.
- Created Use Cases and Business Requirement Document after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes.
- Performed Feasibility Study and Risk Analysis to identify the critical requirements from the user’s perspective.
- Performed Requirement Traceability Matrix to map the requirements with the Test Cases and performed Gap Analysis.
- Understood and articulated business requirements from user interviews and then converted requirements into system requirements.
- Designed and developed Business Flow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Object-Oriented Models using MS Visio.
- Conducted JAD sessions with end user community ensuring that the software addressed all the business needs.
- Clarified client requirements, business needs and project objectives via feedback sessions and client meetings in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Critically evaluated the information gathered from multiple sources, reconciled conflicts, decomposed high-level information into details along with the ability to use the detail to gain an understanding of the end-to-end solution.
- Involved in Feasibility, GAP and Risk Analysis to identify the business critical and high-risk areas of the application.
- Fostered software initiatives through the full product lifecycle, from the initial concept through design, development, QA, release and support.
- Facilitated in the design process to plan intuitive workflows, created detailed GUI wireframes and mockups and designed process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers.
- Worked in a team environment to finalize Use Cases to develop functional and detail design specifications of the application.
- Developed the test lab environment and assisted in conducting research on software and hardware products to improvise the testing scope.
- Collaborated with the QA team in reviewing and validating Test Plans and Test Cases, ensuring that the final application catered the user requirements.
- Performed requirement walkthroughs with the development and QA teams with the aim to develop Testing Strategies and Test Plans such that Test Cases reflect user needs.
- Worked extensively with MS Office Suite for preparing status reports. Provided project manager with regular status updates assisting the overall project management initiative.
Environment: Scrum, UML, HP Quality Centre, Win Runner, Rational Clear Quest, Windows, MS Office, XML, TOAD, Ultra Edit, Rational Rose, Rally, TFS, JIRA.Confidential, Pennington, NJ
- Acted as a liaison between business clients and technical teams by planning, conducting and directing the analysis of business requirements to support online transactions.
- Led requirements elicitation sessions to understand business problems and how proposed system enhancements will address them for escalating the issues.
- Assisted in the development of quality assurance activities including Quality Assurance Plan, Product Acceptance Plan, Test Plan, and Test Cases.
- Produced business requirement artifacts including UML, Use Cases, Business Rules, Supplemental (Non-Functional) Specifications, and User Interface Design Specifications.
- Created workflow mockups to create navigation flow for the websites.
- Created User Stories for maintaining FTPs and navigation flow for the online transactions for downstream, upstream and midstream interfaces (SOA, HTTP, REST).
- Created Business Change Request Management (BCRM) Documents for building integrated platforms to accommodate new technologies & development methods, improve the processing of sensitive information, reduce operational risks, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Test Plans (Quality Center).
- Updated the bank's Identity and Access Management (IDAM) strategy and worked with multiple technical teams and financial advisors for integration and measuring probable impact.
- Facilitated on premises upgradation of Global IDAM strategy to support global operations.
- Facilitated technical teams to develop, implement, and administer access control processes that support the creation, modification, and termination of system level user accounts and associated access rights for IDAM.
- Created Wireframes to present it to the development team to better understand business process architecture for customer facing online portal and issue escalation for change management.
- Responsible for the maintenance activities related to the projects after integration with the current system and fixing the defects suggested by the end users and effectively implementation.
Environment: HTML, SQL Server, HP Quality Center, MS Office Suite, Rational Requisite Pro, Outlook, JIRA, SaaS, APIs and FTPs (SOA, SOAP), HTTP, SharePoint, RDBMS.Confidential, Manhattan, NY
- Managed business requirements for the project to move the credit reporting batch to publish counter party exposure limits earlier as a part of an FSA compliance requirement (Financial Service Authority).
- Worked on all aspects of the project from interacting with business leaders and partners for requirement, interacting with upstream/downstream data consumer, development leads and PMs to create Use Cases, User Stories, Test Plans and Test Cases, post-implementation checks and future enhancements.
- Created documents to maintain Compliance Regulatory Reporting & Procedures and calculated for three major components of risk that Company faces; Credit, Operational and Market Risk.
- Involved in Scrum Sprint Planning Sessions, Backlog Grooming, Sizing, Sprint Retrospectives & Reviews, Daily Standup, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Created enterprise level flows demonstrating system architecture, connectivity, trade flows and timelines to identify gaps and develop requirements.
- Perform GAP Analysis between the regulatory expectations (from documentation perspective) and existing practices at the bank, explored data analysis using reference data and external resources.
- Coordinated UAT with business partners, helped identify relevant Test Data and reporting metrics.
- Tracked post-deployment progress identified improvements and proposed resolutions to existing issues.
- Worked on Eagle tool for maintaining datasets to facilitate Assets Management.
Environment: Requisite Pro, MS Project, MS Office Suite, SQL Server, JIRA, Outlook, Eagle.Confidential, Boston, MA
- Worked closely with Project Management and communicated with various departments to identify, report, and correct compliance regulatory deficiencies to manage clients.
- Performed “AS-IS” and “TO-BE” Analysis and GAP Analysis to verify the required sensitive information on the existing system and created the business process workflows based on Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN).
- Worked with development teams in tracking issues for the FTPs for migrating from legacy systems to new required system.
- Created Use Cases and User Stories for the APIs and FTPs to interact with new platforms.
- Organized meeting with the operations and senior management to review the requirement documents and to obtain sign offs for implementation.
- Organized interactions with external vendors and client interaction, understanding business applications and business data flow. Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions, Interviews, and Client Meetings.
- Prepared Approach Documents, Technical Design Document and UAT after analyzing the Business Requirements Document to improve online client portal.
- Analyzed complex data, subject identity with the documents and created report on the performance.
- Coordinated with the test team to check the weekly status and report to the project manager and other team members.
Environment: MS Office Suite, SQL Data Server, MS Project, BPMN, HP Quality Center, Outlook, FTPs, APIs.Confidential
Jr. Business Analyst
- Understood client needs and provided accurate database by reviewing financial template.
- Collected, analyzed and documented detailed Functional Requirements/User Stories.
- Coordinated with SMEs to understand client companies and their requirements to control process flow with supporting datasets from Confidential and Confidential for asset management.
- Expertise in understanding client’s reporting such as FR Y-9C, FR Y-14A, FR Y-14M, FR-Y14Q reports to learn loan structure and assets management, regulatory requirements.
- Evaluated the appropriateness of accounting policies used and the reasonableness of significant accounting estimates made by management.
- Developed an in-depth understanding of financial statement components, ratios and metrics by analyzing, interpreting, and effectively communicating prior period variances through evaluation of internal & external factors, data analytics & research and data mining via internal system and SQL.
- Prepared reports based on compliance of CCAR, Stress Testing, Capital Adequacy Reports.
- Analyzed problems faced during the project and provided reasonable solution to meet end-user goal.
- Worked with complex dataset to analyze and refine to meet the client needs.
- Worked with MS Excel functions to generate reports by analyzing and refining raw data.
- Prepared reports with accurate datasets with the help of SQL to align with CCAR requirements.
Environment: WEST, CTS, SNL MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Extractor, SQL Server.