Seeking a Sr. Data Analyst position in a dynamic team environment
- Cloudera Hadoop 2.5 (and up) - Hive, Impala
- Strong analytic and data profiling skills
- SQL Server 2000 - 201 4, Windows Server 2003 - 201 2R2
- TFS 2010, Visual Studio 2003 - 201 2, VB6 / VB.NET, Crystal 8.5/11.5
- Strong T-SQL skills: stored procs, views, functions, ad-hoc data pulls, ad-hoc data manipulations, data pattern analysis, performance tuning, query optimization, dmvs, IOPS testing,
- SQL Server installation, configuration, maintenance, and hardware analysis
- Experience with in-bound data mapping and data extracts: HL7, various hospital demographic and charge format files, EDI 835 and 83 7, collection files and custom data file extracts
- Minor Skills: VMWare, Hyper-V, RDS, IIS, Subversion, OSX, D3.js, VersionOne
IT Technical Business Analyst
- Experience with large scale Hadoop transition projects. Teradata and Netezza de-commission projects in addition to historical merge projects with 15-20 years of data.
- Experience in financial credit risk domain - including card, mortgage and auto data.
- Data change impact, quality, profiling and pattern analysis. Upstream/downstream mapping.
- Assisted developers with some minor architectural calls.
- Rotated on-call for month end support including data quality analysis during those times.
- Querying and porting SQL code. Including Teradata, Netezza, and Hadoop (Hive and Impala)
- Data Profile charts / reports. Migrating from Teradata/Excel to Hadoop/Web
- Use of regular expressions mixed with SQL in Impala for advanced data profiling techniques
- Some Hive scripting (including table creation and parametrizing querying scripts)
- Use of windowing functions in SQL for summation and percentages
- VBA for Excel. Programmed macros for pivot and minor scripting automation. Development of parametrized macro for running sql scripts in mass to profile data. Covering scenarios of profiling data with 15-20 years of history for views that contained 500+ fields.
- Apache POI (creating excel workbooks with Java)
- First 3 months oversaw office internal infrastructure systems and all end user support
- Manager who doubled-up to contribute to heavy workloads. 1 direct report.
- Full duration of this position handled Confidential /information services for clients
- Advanced trouble-shooting Confidential issues surrounding server / network, database, and disk-subsystems. Confidential was installed on remote client sites/servers on varying hardware architectures.
- Custom analysis with server/DB configuration and hardware requirements for Confidential
- Database sizing, occasional disaster scenario engagement, off-site database backups, client network bandwidth calculations.
- Full Duration of this position assisted in on-bringing and support of new Data Center / hosted model
- Microsoft License Purchasing
- Setup and configuration of RDS and Web App publishing for each hosted client
- Domain name setup and https certification installs
- Light IIS modifications
- Assisted director of Confidential engineering run day to day operations of a 10-15 member dev team
- Advanced executive training seminars with the Vistage Group to hone professional and communication skills
- Coached and mentored junior level developers and encouraged outside learning attendance
- Guidance and process improvement to sustain the engineering of the main product.
- Doubled up as release engineer and packaging manager. Working with the product manager, client services manager and implementation manager to provide final product packages.
- Code Reviews: VB6, VB.NET, stored procedures, views, functions, and light/medium data manipulations (including pre-audit review of potential results)
- Advanced Confidential application and IT escalation trouble-shooting, including virtual platforms
- Working and guidance with the q.a. team when they were brought on board
- Frequent ad-hoc, complex SQL data manipulations for escalated issues
- Close collaboration and teamwork efforts with DBA on database / server performance issues. Query / Index tuning work before DBA was brought on. Including query optimization from evaluating logical reads and CPU usage from the procedure execution stats, index placement, actual query plan review.
- Experience setting up q.a. test beds
- Experience with creative data lookups, pattern matching to identify and fix issues
- Light experience in data system conversions that included reconciliation of existing A/R
- VB6 and VB.NET programming experience
- Crystal 8.5 programming, including programming against the crystal engine APIs
- Stored procedure programming, including large complex stored procedures, and writing stored procedures/views for our own code
- Maintenance and programming of EDI structures
- LeadTools (document imaging/OCR) programming / support
- Extensive flat-file parsing from custom hospital file feeds
- Extensive experience with data mapping of files to relevant system points. Including: HL7, Lockbox, 835 Remit, 837 Claims
- Identification of missing critical data when testing new interface feeds, script reports
- Creative lookups to match patient demo and charge data that frequently came from different sources
- Experience with customer financial data extracts for Great Plains accounting system, numerous collection agencies
- Supported various OS platforms including AS400, Windows and custom legacy systems to quickly resolve any problems that periodically arose
- Maintained Xerox print servers on a daily basis
- Corrected any problems with AS400 accounts and reports for end users
- Managed administration of back-up procedures on multiple platforms
- Participated with a large team of technicians to implement the hardware portion of the network at Lowe’s corporate headquarters
- Multi-tasking of physical tasks included: terminating Category 6 wires, patch panels, and testing of cable integrity
- Participated in analytical tasks such as: reading and analyzing blueprints, problem solving for cable placement, and various wire connection management
- Ambitiously sought out work project during a downturn market.
- Application project solution for a maintenance coordinator to help keep better track of work orders, inventory, and invoices
- Extensive analysis and design of database, as well as use of intermediate level object-oriented programming
- Extensive programming with Visual Basic 6.0, ADO (ActiveX Data Objects), and Access as the main database
- Incorporated Crystal Reports 8.5 as the dynamic reporting tool for the project as well as ODBC setup and configurations
- Exposure to MySQL 4.0 database system. MySQL was scrapped for MS Access early in the project due to ODBC compatibility problems