- Experienced Business and Systems Analyst with over 20 years of IT experience in insurance and banking industry, working on requirements analysis, design, implementation, systems support, quality assurance/ testing, and operations and maintenance of large mission critical applications for Fortune 500 companies.
- Expertise in full software development life cycle leveraging the Waterfall and Agile methodologies to deliver solutions that address customers’ needs in the most efficient way possible, followed by post - implementation support using DevOps practices.
- Experienced in performing business process modeling; using various requirements management tools; conducting joint applications design sessions; presenting in front of different audiences; and using different document management systems.
- Excellent communication skills. Efficient in working as part of the team as well as individually. Build relationships of trust with business and technical stakeholders.
- Effective in working directly with customers at a variety of organizational levels, business users, IT and QA personnel, multicultural global teams, and senior management.
- Passion to learn new systems and environments very quickly while delivering value to the team.
Software: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), e-Projects, PRISM, SharePoint, Visio, Mingle.
Databases: MS SQL Server, MS Access, WCS, OMS, Telluride, MySQL, IMS, DB2, SQL (PC, mainframe and AS400) and utilities, VSAM files (AS400).
Languages/Tools: JIRA, HP Quality Center, JAVA, Visual Age Generator for Java, Cross System Product/AD, RPG and CL/400, COBOL/400, C/400, WebSphere Application Server, Eclipse Projects, PL/I, Assembler, CICS and Utilities, Basic JCL, Charles - Web Debugging Proxy, Omniture.
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
Business Analyst/Business Systems Analyst
- Major contributor to the Mobile Core Devices Business Unit. Supported e-commerce applications for Sears customers and store associates. Applications ran on iOS/Android platforms:
- Created BRD’s and other documents for various e-commerce projects related to customers and associates mobile device applications and tools.
- Elicited requirements using interviews, business process descriptions, stories, scenarios, business analysis, data and system workflow analysis, and researched business rules.
- Created business processes diagrams using Visio, analyzed business processes, worked with workflow systems.
- Facilitated meetings to discuss systems flow, documented requirements using Excel.
- Provided assistance in identifying data quality problems and in determining options for how they will be handled. Also played role in various data and applications testing and validation and in delivering user training and communications
- Assisted in the creation of deliverables that are developed jointly with the technical team, Quality Assurance and the Product Development. This included product definition, scope, business processes and rules, data elements and flows, screens and reports, implementation / project plan, and training needs.
- Acted as a liaison between product development, technology, and internal business units.
- Acted as a primary liaison between the lines of business and the Development team. Analyzed Business Requirements to understand the business needs and to determine how their applications can best functionally fulfill those needs.
- Combined knowledge of what the business wants with knowledge of how the systems are built, and used to create a functional design across applications. This high level functional design is used by BAs of all levels within the group as a basis for their low-level functional design.
- Performed the requirements analysis and design enhancements of business systems.
- Developed and maintained a documentation that provided a thorough understanding of the needs of the assigned customer group from the business and technical perspective.
- Worked closely with clients and with other system groups to capture business requirements, created BRD and Traceability Matrix documents, and see them through implementation.
- Developed and executed systems testing, using HP Quality Center tool.
- Led all requirements gathering meetings and discussions, provided technical input as necessary.
- Created and maintained functional and technical design documents for various projects.
- Creating use cases in the functional design documents, conducting JAD sessions.
- Identified affected modules for code changes, created pseudo code samples for the developers, performed process mapping for the affected applications.
- Communicated with offshore team of developers on the regular basis, providing all necessary support, code review, etc.
- Conducted unit test and participated in the system testing process for the assigned projects.
- Provided post-implementation support, made necessary design documents and code corrections as needed.
Business Analyst/System Analyst/Subject Matter Expert
- Worked on the Allstate Sales Support on-line customer and policy information sub-system application including all aspects of sub-system support and development on AS400 and Mainframe platforms.
- Created systems workflow diagrams as a part of the project documents.
- Participated in all phases of the project implementation cycle, from initial analysis of project requirements, functional and technical design to the project implementation phase. Responsibilities included business and technical analysis; all project management documents design for specific project; supervising of group of developers with all coding aspects.
- Responsible for creation of all project related CMM (Capability Maturity Model) documents as a SDLC technique and tool. The process starts from analysis of CRD and other design related documentation, relevant to my SME area; then includes creation of functional infrastructure design documents; technical specification and other supporting documents (project risk memorandums, project security document, etc). Each phase of SDLC process had followed by technical meetings to review and approve corresponding documents.
- Responsible for gathering all project requirement, comprehensive testing; project implementation and post-implementation support. Facilitated JAD sessions with developers from offshore team.
- Used Agile methodology; participated in Agile projects Sprint/Scrum meetings.
- Provided Use Cases and GAP analysis in support of CMM process for the assigned projects.
- Responsible for developing project requirements to meet SOX compliance process when necessary.
- Implemented all application source code transition to another programming language.
- Created wireframes for the big transition project to move agents support screens from legacy AS/400 system to PC-based on-line application. Defined all business rules for the whole wireframe and each part (fields, captions, function keys, etc)
- Used SQL and utilities to write a query for investigation purposes and creation all kind of reports (online and batch) for mainframe and AS400 databases.
- Provided technical support for project implementation to all other application areas within Allstate.
- Provided training, technical and business support for outsourcing group of developers on the everyday basis.
- Responsibilities included design, projects implementation and maintenance of Allstate Sales Support business sub-system application.
- Coded and implemented assigned projects; provided testing, code transmitting and post-implementation support.
- Investigated and solved sub-system related problems utilizing various diagnostic tools and methods.
- Created Home Office testing environment for sub-system, creating testing database and testing plans.
- Used SQL code to retrieve data from the database while coding applications for mainframe and AS400 platforms.
- Provided technical support for Allstate agents, Agent’s Support Unit personnel and other Home Office areas.
- Responsibilities included analysis, design and development of students coding assignments.
- Assisted with lectures and directed labs for students of all phases of RPG/400 and CL programming course.