- Over 8+ years of professional experience as Business Analyst with expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Finance Industry, Banking, and Healthcare industry.
- Well versed in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) session, Workshops, Document Reviews and Functional Walkthroughs.
- Proficient in developing Use Case Model, Use Case Diagrams, Behavior Diagrams (Sequence diagrams, Collaboration diagrams, State chart diagrams, Activity diagrams), Wireframes, Data Mapping, Data modeling and Data analysis Class Diagrams based on UML.
- Extensively worked on Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Requirements Specification (FRS), Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Business Rules and Underwriting Rules Systems, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Requirements Management Plan (RMP), Requests for Proposals (RFP), Project Management Plan, Risk Identification & Management and Change Management for critical mission accomplishing projects.
- Skilled Scrum Master in facilitating Scrum processes and ceremonies (Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective) and handling Scrum artifacts like Burndown Charts, Sprint Backlog, Product Backlog, Sprint task list and Impediments List.
- Experience in Graphical User Interface (GUI) design, Wire frames, Prototypes, Screen Mock - ups, site navigation models.
- Experience in analyzing the business requirements for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and coordinating with the ERP development team.
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Development Methodologies including SCRUM, Agile/Lean, Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Business Analyst standards and best practices.
- Excellent Working Knowledge of Scrum tools and concepts such as Scrum team, Product Backlog, Sprint, Sprint Backlog, User stories, Burn down Charts, and Planning Poker.
- Proficient in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functionality, Black Box, and Regression Testing.
- Experienced in defining Test Plans/Scripts created Test cases, effectively tracked defects and made reports using Test Director, resolving simple errors and configuration issues by writing simple SQL queries.
- Experienced in conducting Scrum Training Workshops and User Story Writing workshops.
- Well acquainted with workflows and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams including Use Cases, Activity charts, Sequence diagrams, ER diagrams and Data flow diagrams (DFD's) using Rational Rose and MS-Visio thus assisting the development team in preparing Business Process Model.
- Extensive implementation Knowledge of Data Warehousing, OLAP operations like rollup, drill down, slicing/dicing, using BI tools.
- In-depth knowledge of Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Group and Benefit Administration, Anti Money Laundering (AML)/Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Identification diligence policies, Corporate Finance functions and US Regulatory/Compliance Reporting; (Basel III, Sarbanes Oxley and Dodd Frank Regulations).
- Involvement in Data /dimensional Modeling, Data Extraction/ Transformation/ Loading (ETL) and Business Intelligence Reporting using Tableau.
- Excellent understanding of relational databases design concepts, ability to read database models.
- A hands-on team player who is able to work independently with IT, business clients and stakeholders under tight deadlines and refine their needs into a single consistent vision.
- Very good Knowledge and experience of Data Warehouse Architecture& concepts like data marts, data mapping, and fact table, dimension table, metadata, Conceptual, Logical & Physical Data Model, Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation, facilitation, negotiation, organizational and time management skills, highly adaptable to changing situations.
- Detail-oriented, highly analytical with extensive consulting and problem solving experience.
Tools: Sh are point, JIRA, Remedy, Microsoft office, QTP, Quality Center, HP ALM, Load Runner, Win Runner, Test Director, Bugzilla.
Methodologies: : Agile Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall Methodology, RAD, Waterfall-scrum Hybrid.
Databases: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server, DB2, MS Access
Operating Systems: : Windows - 7, Vista, XP, 2000, NT 4.0, UNIX - Sun Solaris, IOS, Mac.
DBMS: Tools SQL plus, SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio.
Project Management: JIRA, MS Project; SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013; MS Office Suite.
Testing Tools: HP QC, HP ALM, Load Runner, Selenium IDE.
Modeling Tools: Erwin, Enterprise Architect, Mockup Screens, and MS Visio.
ETL and Reporting Tools: Informatica, Tableau, IBM COGNOS
Confidential, Stamford CT
Sr. Business Systems Analyst/Scrum Master
- Worked in all the phases of Rational Unified Process (RUP) such as Inception, Elaboration, Construction, and Transition.
- Coordinated extensively between the Product managers and SMEs which includes Legal & Compliance, Underwriting, Risk Operations, Business Architecture, Marketing and Product Managers to ensure application covers all the requirements.
- Facilitating all meetings including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Backlog grooming as a Scrum Master to ensure team's progress by identifying and removing impediments.
- Conducted user interviews, facilitated JRP and JAD sessions to better understand the business domain, requirements and project scope.
- Conducted elaboration sessions with globally dispersed teams to elicit and refine requirements using WebEx and Adobe Connect technologies.
- Assisted system architect in writing client side validations for the UI webpages and also assisted UI developers in creating Ajax for dynamic and interactive UI pages.
- Extracted requirements from work-sessions with the stakeholders refined and documented them into Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS).
- Created high to low level requirement documents BRD, FRD, SRS. Reverse engineered systems for documentation.
- Designed the templates like a regular document and used XML and Markup language to distinguish the static text from the variable text, and to generate dynamic contents.
- Instructed and modeled core Scrum principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility; ensured consistent application of scrum methodologies across the enterprise.
- Used various SQL commands like Create, Delete, Update, and Inner, Outer, Left, and Right joins to update the database and retrieve data for data analysis and validation.
- Used Scrum Related tools such as JIRA Green hopper to document and visualize stories, tasks and measure performance through burn down charts/velocity charts.
- Conducted sessions to highlight best practices and principles of Agile-Scrum to the team and the stakeholders.
- Conducted Functional Walkthroughs and Requirements Hand-Over sessions with the Development (DocGen & Data Loader) and Quality Assurance (QA) team and Coordinated a globally dispersed Development, Quality Assurance and Deployment team.
- Wrote SQL queries and joins to filter data within the SQL Server database.
- Created UML diagrams such as Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Work Flow Mockups using MS Visio.
- Created different views in workbook to visually analyze data by using Tableau and involved working in POC to the various team for their Adhoc analysis of data with Tableau.
- Defined and suggested SOAP, XML based web services, web methods and application programming interfaces (API's) based on JAVA and created varied dynamic layouts for categorized audience using HTML and CSS.
- Worked on Agile JIRA for continues update with project schedules, quality, Issues and managing resources.
- Aided the QA/Testing team to formulate test plans, test cases, environment specifications and scenarios for testing.
- Tested the application manually by executing Test Cases in HPALM prior to Automation and Involved in automated testing and Performance testing using HPALM and Load Runner.
- Developed SQL Scripts and PL/SQL Stored procedures using Oracle, also part of team in enhancing customer care website with the portfolios attained.
- Developed SQL queries to help reverse engineering and mapping for various system applications.
- Created Traceability Matrix between the Use Cases (Requirements) and Test Cases, developed detailed Test plan, Test Cases, Test scripts for testing the functionality, GUI and security testing.
Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Conducted the GAP analysis and documentation of the as-is and to-be process flow of the existing Quoting functionality documentation.
- Evaluated options, risks and benefits associated with changes as it relates to system and service processing.
- Analyzed, designed and developed complex business solutions and changes to administrative systems and interfaces.
- Elicited requirements effectively with the business units regarding "Know Your Customer" (KYC) documentation required and clarification of structure and content of the request.
- Assisted project manager with other in-progress project documentation like Project Plan, Project Schedule, Scope Document, Issue Tracking report, etc.
- Facilitated work-sessions with process users, developers, architect to elicit requirements, to better understand their needs and present solutions using a Waterfall approach.
- Extracted requirements from work-sessions with the stakeholders, refined and documented them into Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD)
- Conducted daily team review meetings to provide status and progress update to the project team.
- Analyzed client data and documentation in order to determine client risk profile as established under the global KYC procedures.
- Develop HTML prototypes and UI deliverables, such as wireframes, flowcharts, screen mock-ups, and interface design specifications
- As a Scrum Master and led the team to produce quality software on a predictable schedule using Agile principles and practices
- Identified/documented the data sources, transformation rules and authority limits required to populate and maintain the underwriting rules engine.
- Defined and mapped the key identifiers, provisions, data fields, valid threshold values and logic for each underwriting rule and created the data mapping document.
- Developed UML diagrams such as swim-lane, business process diagrams and other flows to document and present to business users using MS Visio.
- Designed Screen Mockups and Wireframes for the application's User Interfaces (UI) using MS Visio
- Conducted functional walkthroughs and demos of the features and navigation of newly created interfaces for the web application to business users.
- Assisted in logical data modeling, creating class diagrams and ER diagrams to structure data in the SQL Server environments and involved in modeling DW star schema from RDBMS and by forming dimensions and facts.
- Responsibilities included conducting source analysis, developing strategy for data cleansing, transformation and data migration, writing functional and technical specifications, creating source to target mapping, designing data profiling and data validation for the ETL process.
- Involved in performing version control and defect tracking and Conduct peer reviews to assess and provide feedback on requirements document and its quality.
- Reviewed and updated the test plans for the Functional and Regression testing of Enterprise and Enhancement projects using HP Quality Centre.
- Designed and developed UML diagrams- Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Entity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Visio and Business Process Modeling.
- Gathered requirements for the ETL process and then submitted those requirements to the data integration developers in the form of a data mapping document and developed Data Mapping documents between legacy, production and user interface system.
- Created wireframes, developed a prototype of the Graphical User Interface (GUI), demonstrated to the stakeholders and business users, and took feedback from them using Rational Rose.
- Contributed in hierarchy of dimensions and the extent of drill down during OLAP cube deployment using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Worked in collaboration with the product owner with creation of User Stories, documentation and in managing dependencies.
- Developed and maintained advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions using custom Microsoft based reporting solutions (SSRS), Excel etc.
Environment: MS Office 2010 suite, including Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, Project, Outlook and Access, SharePoint, SSRS, JIRA, SnagIt Editor, Java, HP Quality Centre, HTML, CSS, HP PPM, Enterprise Architect (EA) UML diagrams, SQL, ETL.Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Analyzed the existing system and business process flow by understanding preset business rules and conditions through data analysis and GAP analysis.
- Identified risks and limitations/defects users currently experience in the operational reports obtained from current systems, and recommended solutions to overcome these limitations
- Coached and guided the teams using Agile and Scrum principles and participated in Scrum of Scrum meetings to highlight and resolved integration and co-ordination issues
- Analyzed the distributed workflow front to back to identify the root cause of report inconsistencies.
- Modified the existing Enterprise Risk Management web interface to in corporate new functionality
- Educate and reinforce scrum methodology and agile framework to team members and key stakeholders.
- Defined the logic to calculate various data fields like Outstanding Amount, Maturity Grouping Factor, Credit EAD (Exposure at Default) and Unrealized Gain Loss for different products.
- Advised the lines of business and management on the development of policy, procedures, systems, controls and training to address the AML and sanctions risks.
- As a scrum master facilitated the various scrum ceremonies such as Backlog refinement meeting, Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review Meeting and Retrospective meeting and solved the various impediments the team faced during the sprint cycles efficiently.
- Conducted deep dive reviews into existing reporting rules and associated infrastructure.
- Wrote functional specifications for technology for changes to reporting processes.
- Worked with the project team to prepare Requirements Management Plan (RMP) to document, analyze, trace and prioritize requirements.
- Maintained healthy backlogs for sprints and created User Stories and Story Points and work with client services to ensure the quality of delivered software.
- Identified project risks and dependencies and provided implementation alternatives to mitigate project risk related to scope, schedule and budget.
- Worked with the cross functional team and facilitated the Scrum Ceremonies like Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning Meeting, Sprint Review Meeting and Sprint Retrospective Meeting.
- Generated a streamline process to understand the various steps in the Loan Lifecycle and desired functionality of the new system by interacting with users, management, SMEs and stakeholders.
- Conducted interviews with key business users, and Surveys and Brainstorming sessions with SMEs to collect requirements and business process information utilizing the BABOK techniques.
- Performed Data analysis and presented results using SQL, MS Access, Excel, and Visual Basic scripts.
- Worked actively in the preparation of Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and Change Request using IBM DOORs to manage the documents and requirements.
- Created conceptual, logical and physical data models based on requirements gathered from users.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, User Story, Process flow diagrams and many other UML models using Microsoft Visio.
- Worked closely with the User Interface (UI/UX) team to model screens by developing Wireframes and Mockups using Balsamiq Mockups.
- Utilized data analysis techniques and SQL queries to validate business rules and designed and implemented basic SQL queries for report and data validation using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Report Builder.
- Involved with the technical teams during implementation such that the right business requirements are being translated into the system.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, ER Diagrams, swim lane and Sequence Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Used HPALM for requirement management, test planning, scheduling, executing test cases, managing and tracking defects.
- Involved in project planning and tracking project status using MS Project and used SharePoint for managing all the documents.
- Worked closely with QA teams and utilized Quality Centre to define test cases.
- Conducted Functional Walkthroughs, and conducted training sessions using Need-to-Know, FAQ and FYI PPT slides to familiarize users with system
Environment: Agile, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, Java, Oracle 9i, HP Quality Centre, VB Client Server, UML, RUP, Webex, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, HP ALM, Windows XP, SNAG IT, IBM DOORS, MS Project, SharePoint, SQL, Report Builder, Atlassian JIRA, Android, TSQL, SSRS.Confidential, Germantown, MD
- Involved in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with the IT Group.
- Participated in Sprint planning sessions, defining the Product Backlog items, and ensuring that product backlog items are communicated and refined in collaboration with the development team.
- Documented the Web Navigation Process flow through interviews, Walkthroughs with Business Executives, Application Owners and Business Partners.
- Coordinated with several teams in Compliance, Operations, AML, Home Office, Branch Managers and Financial Advisors.
- Extensively researched and collected the customer financial documentations and completed research for suspicious activity reports on KYC, AML, and BSA analysis reports for flagged accounts.
- Analyzed client data, documentation and negative news in order to determine client risk profile as established under the global KYC procedures.
- Involved in creating a Requirements Management Plan (RMP) to manage the requirement phase.
- Created Business Requirement Specifications/Functional Specification Documents (BRD/FRD), Business Process Diagrams, User Stories, and Data Flow Diagrams using Rational Tools and ensured their compliance to the BABOK principles.
- Developed Traceability Matrices and linked attributes between the requirements, product backlog, test cases and external documents using IBMs DOORS.
- Reviewed and implemented the naming standards for the entities and attributes of the logical models.
- Worked closely with the UI/UX team to model the screens, developed Wireframes using iRise that met user defined requirements, organizational and regulatory standards.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML methodologies
- Extensively used simple SQL queries to retrieve data from the database systems.
- Extensively used tools such as Rational Requisite Pro, UML, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office, and MS Access.
- Facilitated the weekly meeting with the review teams to continuously improve the QA process for the system's development.
- Coordinated extensively between SME and product managers to ensure application covers all the requirements.
- Involved in preparing detailed test plan and test cases based of functional requirements using ALM/Quality Center for the business requirements verification and validation.
- Involved in analyzing and preparing detailed summary of the data collected required by the project and created daily reports in designed Excel spreadsheet with pivot tables.
- Conducted Walkthroughs with the end users and stakeholders to gather the modification requests from mock conversions to upgrade or change the business specifications for the system.
- Prepare Test Cases and Scenarios and developed strategies with Quality Assurance Group to implement them to resolves issues and discrepancies.
- Performed Regression Testing along with testers and conducted UAT with the End Users.
Business Systems Analyst
- Developed project plans, scope, budgeting, deliverables and scope creep.
- Organized and led cross-functional JAD meetings, managed signoffs and ensured successful completion of quality gates.
- Extensively worked in all the phases of Rational Unified Process such as Inception, Elaboration, Construction, and Transition.
- Conducted GAP analysis of the system in terms of "as is" and "to be".
- Documented and prioritized BRD and FRS using Requisite pro.
- Coordinated extensively between SME and product managers to ensure application covers all the Requirements.
- Adapted UML standards to define modularized Data Process Models. Checked all inbound/outbound HIPPA regulated EDI transactions facets. Conducted JAD / JAR and Elicitation sessions for user interviews to gather requirements.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and traced implementation of the requirements through various phases.
- Ensured that relevant UML diagrams and tools were used in all requirement documents and prepared business process models such Use Case Models, Activity Diagrams, and sequential Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Implementation of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) translations for Medicaid claims adjudication
- System-Integration, Compliance and User Acceptance Testing and Validation of Medicaid claims processing and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) translation in compliance with the 4010A and 5010A Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) transactions 837 I/P, 835, and 997
- Developed Wireframes, prototypes and simulations of the actual web application which helped in Rapid prototyping and pinpointing potential problems early in the process.
- Developed detailed source-to-target Data Mapping, Business Rules and Definition documents.
- Implemented change management after analyzing if it was relevant change or a scope creep during the development phase. This included analyzing the impact of the change, getting approval from concerned departments and updating the documents accordingly.
- Worked with QA team to perform different phases of testing as Regression testing, Functional testing, UAT testing using Mercury tools such as Test Director and Quick Test Pro.
- Led the testing team in Bug Tracking, and in Regression testing once the fix was implemented.
Environment: Microsoft Office suites (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Project, Visio), iRise, Windows, Mercury Test Director (v9.2), UML, RUP, Java, SSRS, PL/SQL, SQL.