- Result - oriented, accomplished and spirited Business Analyst with a proven track record over 7 years of work experience in Banking, Financial, Insurance, Mortgage.
- Proficient in project management and SDLC methodologies like Waterfall and Agile, Scrum etc
- Experience in Capital Markets, Fixed Income, Loan IQ, Equity or Derivatives Trading Technology for an Exchange, Brokerage/Financial firm and Communication Protocols with Banking Systems
- Experience in Implementation, Production support, customization, upgrades and troubleshooting in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables and General ledger.
- Experience in online banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, online bill pay, online mortgage loan processing and online brokerage on mortgage or securities.
- Facilitated and lead multidisciplinary teams during JAD and JAR sessions with key stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge in UML Modeling to create flow diagrams
- Planned all the RUP iterations and documented the artifacts throughout various phases. Conducted analyses of Business requirements and System specifications
- Developed Data Flow Diagrams and Data mapping, illustrating the flow of data from the front end into the Application database Tables
- Experience in writing Use cases and producing Use Case Model, Analysis model, Behavior diagrams (Sequence diagrams, Collaboration diagrams) and Class diagrams based on UML Methodology & Business process flow diagramsusing MS Visio
- Business writing skills in writing Business documents such as Use-Case, FRS, SDS, &SRS
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis, ROI analysis
- Experience in supportingstrategic planning, goal setting, strengthen accountability, enhancedecision making, and improve customer service.
- Work experience includes effective implementation of Requirement Management, Change Control Management, Defect Prevention Management, Release management and Project Management tasks throughout the project life cycle (PLC).
- Comprehensive knowledge of e-commerce business processes and e-commerce concepts and terminologies
- Experience in conducting various analysis including ROI, AS-IS and TO-BE, Cost-Benefit analysis and Risk Analysis and Compliance document management.
- Extensive experience in managing IT Projects from establishing requirements to installation, providing follow-up maintenance, database website design and implementation, production system documentation and training, performing Quality Assurance testing and database administration.
- Extensive experience in software modeling using various UML diagrams such as Class Diagram, Activity Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Deployment Diagram, Use case Diagram and Component Diagram
- Strong analysis and communication skills with an ability to transform the needs of stakeholders into Functional/Technical requirements backed with experience and education in financial domain.
- Strong experience in gathering requirements, documenting requirements, defining project plans and writing system test plans and developing test scenarios.
- Gained solid experience as a primary liaison between business group and technology team throughout the Project Life Cycle.
- Strong understanding and experience in Data analysis, Data warehousing, Business Intelligence systems
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and Tax accounting rules.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in GAP Analysis, Financial Statement Analysis, Valuation of companies, analyzing industry and market trends and Statistical analysis using SPSS.
- Excellent knowledge with ETL, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (BI), Data Management and Database Design, Business Analysis and Information Engineering, Software Quality Assurance, Advance in Data Integration
- Skilled in developing Test Plan and Test Cases as per the business process requirements.
- Experience in project management tools, project lifecycle and analysis templates
- Experience in Data manipulation, performance testing on MySQL and MS-Access using SQL scripts.
- Mentored new team members and also involved in task assignment for offshore team members
- Ability to work effectively, independently and in a team.
- Expert level skills in MS Office products like, MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Visio.
Programming Languages: SQL, Transact SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, COBOL, Visual Basic, VB Script HTML,JAVA EE, J2SE, .NET framework, Informatica
Database Systems: SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, and MS Access, Teradata, Metadata.
Modeling Tools: Agile, MS Visio, Rational Rose, Erwin.
Process Tools: Rational Rose Suite, MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, XP (Extreme Programming). HP Server Automation V
Reporting Tools( data Warehouse): Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Guidewire.
Operating System: Windows, UNIX, Sun Solaris
Version Control: PVCS, Rational Clear Case
Testing Tools: Rational Enterprise Suite, Quality Centre/ALM.
MS Suite: MS Office, Ms Access, Ms Power Point, Ms Excel, Ms Word, Ms Visio, XML Tools & Technologies: Design Patterns, XPath queries, XSL templates, XML, Turbo XML, XmlSpy, MS SharePoint
Confidential, New Jersey, NJ
Business Systems Analyst
- Interacted with clients to assess needs, identify key challenges, and define project scope & deliverables.
- Prioritized project efforts, developed project plans, process flows, Use Cases based on Tax accounting rules.
- Performed Problem Analysis, Research Solutions and presented recommendations.
- Developed additional processing and data models that will be added to existing system using MS Visio.
- Gathered Business Requirements from users and used Requisite Pro for documenting the requirements.
- Conducted Business Requirements, Functional and Technical meetings with Business groups.
- Attended meetings with QA team members for SME in order to deliver quality documents.
- Reported status, milestones, and project plan tracking to project management and project owners on a weekly basis.
- Providing technical solutions, handling functional testing procedures, and planning e-commerce applications
- Used MS Visio for flow-charting, process model and architectural design of the application.
- Developed Test plans and scripts using Test Manager and utilized use cases as a basis for performing Integration and System testing.
- Worked extensively through Agile development methodology by dividing the application into iterations
- Reported defects and bugs to development team using Mercury Test Director.
- Supported and assisted Developers and QA in developing Quality Control (QC) test plans and test scripts, as well as supporting and assisting clients in all testing phases through UAT.
- Responsible Gathered user requirements and business requirements from business/user group and documented User, Business, Functional, and Technical requirements specifications using MS Word and MS Visio that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system
- Managed and coordinated all phases of Software version update project and supported staff - met stringent deliverables and implementation date
- Process mapped Operations, which identified redundancies, manual processes and backlogs, which improved efficiency of departments and service levels
- Identifies Actors, Activities, Artifacts, and Workflows and developed use case diagrams using MS Visio
- Implemented Rational Unified Process (RUP) as the software development methodology
- Prepared Property Tax and also came up with alternative options which could be preferred to better serve its members and customers
- Wrote test cases and test plans for the related and assigned scripts according to the test strategies defined in the project and testing team guidelines
- Assisted the database modelers in preparing the logical and physical data models and ascertained that requirements have been met.
- Created tables & Performed Data Driven Test to retrieve items from the Oracle database using SQL.
- Utilized IS-strategic plan prioritization techniques of business goal alignment to document Project Initiation, Project Charter and applied project management competencies for HRM system
- Developed the Wire Frames, User Interfaces, AS-IS and TO-BE flows and the Use Cases to encapsulate the information with ease. Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs (Subject matter experts) from various business areas including Credit Profiling, Treasury /Cash Management, and Marketing Analysis. Identified/documented data sources and transformation rules required populating and maintaining data warehouse content
Environment: Oracle, SQL Plus, ETL, Rational Suite Clear Case, Designer, People Code, SQR, Application Engine, Java, XML, Crystal Reports, SQL, MS SharePoint, COBOLConfidential, Columbia, MD
Sr. Business Analyst
- Collected and evaluated business requirements, functional specifications, project schedules, documentation and test plans
- The Credit Risk Evaluator Project is an integrated customer - controlled platform for credit risk management. It is a powerful tool for measuring and monitoring and managing credit risk, thereby offering a broad range of analytical Capabilities and user control
- Launched the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC Methodology
- Collaborated with corporate accountants to analyze Financial Statements for Risk Estimation according to GAAP principles and comprehensively work with requirement gathering for Enterprise reporting system using RequisitePro
- Assisted PM in Developing Project plan and tracking project Process, Scheduling and organizing group meeting, as well as developed Risk Management Plan and effective in multitasking and effective management of assignments according to work schedules with strong project management orientation
- Worked to conduct Credit Risk Measurements like calculation of RWA (Risk Weighted Asset)
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.Assisted in identifying and quantifying Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Market Risk and designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology
- Experience in implementing PEGA (BPM) for streamlining operations in various areas of banking, including Credit Cards, Account Management, Customer Service, Campaign, and Marketing Accounting.
- Conducted user interviews at both in-house and client locations.
- Monitored and assisted in designing and development of Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams
- Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes and Use Case Scenarios.
- Explained and validated work results and insight applied to tools used for client analysis and documentation of SAS files and library structures.
- Acted as the liaison between the business (fixed income) and the technology area to implement software upgrades, create new reports, document business use cases, conduct user acceptance testing, and design future enhancements for the trading platform.
- Successfully used Agile/Scrum Method for gathering requirements and facilitated user stories workshop. Documented User Stories and facilitated Story Point discussions to analyze the level of effort on project specifications.
- Throughout the entire project used Agile methodology to smoothly work on the project and get process move faster.
- Implemented numerous automated data collection systems utilizing MS ACCESS, SharePoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat fellable electronic forms for reporting and analytics.
- Worked closely with traders, portfolio managers, the equity and fixed income support team, project managers and developers to enhance functionality and to correct problems with fixed income, equity and derivative trade related systems
- Gather requirements for the listed options risk management system, specifically for index options risk management spreadsheet, p performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and gap analysis
- Worked Closely with Portfolio management and analysis, fixed income trading
- Worked with project management to analyze change requests to determine what is being requested and programming required. Worked on data modeling and produced data mapping and data definition documentation
- Documented existing and proposed process flow, analyzed current and target system, and conducted GAP analysis
- Used the different types of views in Requisite Pro Attribute matrix, to display requirements of a specified type
- Assist with cross-functional projects surrounding process re-engineering and process improvement as it relates to the financial systems
- Identified, researched, realized, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes and Use Case Scenarios
- Designed and developed all Use Cases and UML models using Rational and Visio
- Developed business process models in RUP to document existing and future business processes
- Established a business Analysis methodology around the RUP (Rational Unified Process)
- Involved with all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies throughout the project life cycle
- Extracted data from Oracle database with MS Access, and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification
- Worked with developers and designers of BPM System to make sure development understands business process and detailed technical requirements
- Collaborated with the QA team to ensure adequate testing of software both before and after completion, maintained quality procedures, and ensured that appropriate documentation is in place
- Created Process Flow diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Interaction Diagrams using Microsoft Visio and Rational Rose and involved in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) in RUP framework
Environment: Windows, Microsoft Office SharePoint, SDLC, Mainframe, Cognos, ETL, Rational Requisite Pro, Misysloan IQ, MS Office, MS Visio, SQL Server, MS Project, .Net, MS FrontPage, MS Access, Lunix.Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Met with client groups to determine user requirements and goals. Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures and create a Business requirement Document.
- Monitored Month-end Process, Accrual Processes.
- Experience in UAT, SIT testing and in-house Testing.
- Conducted Surveys and Brainstorming sessions with SMEs for requirement gathering.
- Extensively used Rational Requisite Pro for reviewing and analyzing the requirements.
- Performed Gap Analysis of the As-Is and Should-Be process within the organization for implementation of RUP.
- Performed Data Mapping of the entire module and performed complete analysis to integrate Risk Analyzer with the online processing tool.
- Extensive participation in Error Review Meetings.
- Conducted Error Analysis, by doing experiments and making measurements, drawing meaningful conclusions.
- Expertise in Performance Management and implementing its benefits.
- Used guidelines and artifacts of RUP to strategize the Implementation of the Rational Unified Process effort in different iterations and phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Derived Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) based on User Requirement Specification (URS). Understand and articulate business requirements from user interviews and then convert requirements into technical specifications
- Documented the Use Cases and prepared the Use Case, Activity, Logical, Component and Deployment views using MS Visio and Rational Rose for a clear understanding of the requirements by the development team. Coordinated with testers in using Rational Clear Quest for defect tracking.
- Reviewed Integration Test Plan for integration between modules.
- Documented project processes and procedures and version controlled them using Rational Clear Case.
- Created Artifacts and defined Milestones and iteration plans for Inception and Elaboration phases of SDLC.
- Performed Smoke (Sanity) Testing to test the basic functionality of the application.
- Implemented Rational Design, Test and Configuration tools like RequisitePro, Rose, CMM (Capability Maturity Models) Test Manager, Robot, ClearCase, ClearQuest, and SoDA.
- Coordinated with the development team in documenting a User Manual for the LSS.
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document to the project team.
- Partnered with the technical areas in the research and resolution of system and process problems.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line; including the business plan, products, and process and revenue streams.
Environment: MS SQL Server, Misys Loan IQ, MS-Access, RUP, XML, Six Sigma, CMM, Rational Enterprise Suite, Test Director, MQSeries.Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
Business System Analyst
- Interfaced with the client as part of the Requirements Engineering team to finalize the project scope
- Facilitated JAD Sessions and gathered Business Requirements
- Assisted the PM in developing Use Cases and project plans and also managed changes to the scope of the project
- Provided recommendation for use of ATG Commerce for B2B and B2C business
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project life cycle
- Coordinated with the business development teams in handling the project lifecycle
- Developed detailed requirements of the project such as flow charts and diagrams
- Coordinated with the senior staff in defining the project scope and developing complete business planning activities
- Provide best practice recommendations in the areas of Order Management System and CRM
- Provided insights about the enterprise e-commerce systems and new implementations
- Identified the project gaps and designing enterprise solution architecture to meet the project requirements
- Handled the finance and project resource and budget activities by coordinating with the organization staff
- Prepared user training manual for merchandising team on managing commerce assets through ATG BCC (Business Control Centre)
- Conducted user interviews, gathered Requirements, analyzed the Requirements and managed changes using Rational Suite
- Conducted interviews with end-users to collect requirement and business process information
- Design and Architecture using BEA Weblogic’s latest features like Portal, Page Flow, Process Control, Java Control and Web-Services using Weblogic development IDE Workshop on Oracle database
- Implementing and supporting Order Management System.
- Analyzing the software requirements and handling complete project planning and implementation activities
- Developed business process models in RUP to document existing and future business processes
- Performed extensive Requirement Analysis including data analysis and gap analysis
- Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology
- Participated in various stages of data and requirement analysis for project needs
- Developed custom reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Identified internal and external system requirements, design and configuration set-up, also created User Documentation and conducted training classes
- Developed business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan
- Worked with Rational Clear quest for defect management
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML
- Assumed ownership of Use Case Diagrams, Use Case narratives and other various artifacts
- Developed estimates, project plans (Microsoft project), training material, BI reports using Microstrategy
- Relieved pressure off the PM by maintaining artifacts and portions of the project binder
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document to the project team
- Assisted the Project Manager to develop both high-level and detailed application architecture to meet user requests and business needs
- Participated in the logical and physical design sessions, assisted and developed high and low level design documents
- Assisted the PM in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the project plans accordingly and conducted project related presentations
- Assisted with user testing of systems, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place
- Helped with end user training
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Performed task decomposition, delegated tasks and monitored project milestones using MS Project
- Assisted the PM in performing Risk Assessment, Management and Mitigation
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, ATG, Borland Caliber RM, Unix, Documented, Windows, Oracle, SQL, VBScript, C#. DOORS, Micro Strategy, Quality CenterConfidential, Cleveland, OH
- Converted business and user system needs into Vision Documents, Business Process Flows, Use Cases, and Non Functional Requirements.
- Prepared Business Process Models that includes modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level. Followed top down, leveled technique for building Business Process Models.
- Wrote clear and concise detailed system requirements specification (SRS) documents and user documentation.
- Spearheaded the creation of functional specification documents with SMEs clarifying strategy and setting client expectations for the development of Commercial Auto line of business.
- Involve in verification process of auto insurance where the system check policy record, change of policy, compiling data on insurance policy change and canceling insurance policies as requested by agents.
- Worked with the UI team to create the User Interface screenshots to be presented to the Business representatives.
- Created UML diagrams such as use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams for the detailed analysis of business objects.
- Created and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure that requirements were complete and consistent within budget and technical constraints.
- Wrote multiple SQL queries for modifying records (insert, update & delete) in the backend database, performed JOINS on multiple-tables for data extraction.
- Conducted regular status-update meetings with the developers, testers, and business users to ensure conformity with requirements.
- Worked in various scrums/sprints all through the project to help and make the developers understand the functionality.
- Maintained a Document Management Portal in MS SharePoint for an effective storage, maintenance and retrieval of client’s documents.
Environment: Window, MS Office, RUP, UML, SQL, Agile, Rational Rose, Ms Visio, Project, MS SharePoint,