- Around 8 years of experience as a Sr. Business Analyst with detailed understanding of various domains like Banking, Healthcare, Finance, Telecom, Property Insurance.
- Comprehensive knowledge and strong experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using Waterfall and Change - Driven/Agile/Scrum environments.
- Having worked on Agile Methodology ; have experience in writing Stories, conducting Grooming Sessions, Prioritizing Stories, Conducting Pre-UAT approvals, Daily Scrum Standup, coordinated planning session .
- Prioritized Stories each Sprint and created Roadmaps every Quarter for Confidential .
- Hands on Experience in MS Visio for creating Flow charts.
- Expertise in developing Work Breakdown Structure, project schedule, project status reports and attended project progress meeting to report on the progress.
- Served as a liaison between Confidential, Data Analysts, and Technical team (Developers and Testers)to lead the Development and Implementation of a product.
- Experience in defining Project Scope, Business Process Analysis, Business Process Reengineering, Requirements Gathering, Data and Process Modeling.
- Interaction with Business Users for requirements elicitation, requirements walkthrough and User Acceptance testing (UAT) and requirements package sign-off.
- Comprehensive experience in Root-cause analysis , Feasibility studies, GAP and Variance analysis, Impact analysis, Risk analysis.
- Rich experience in generating/reviewing Business Analysis Artifacts such as BRD (Business Requirements Documents), FRD (Functional Requirements Documents), Use case Scenarios, Process modelling (using MS-Visio) and Data Flow Diagrams, RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix), Wireframes and Mock-ups.
- Knowledge in Data warehousingconcepts and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Processes.
- Extensively used SQL scripts/Queries for data verification and validation.
- Experience in defect tracking tools like TFS, JIRA, RALLY and HP QC.
- Collaborated with QA teams for creating and reviewingTest Plans and Test cases usingQuality Center (ALM) for Test Confidential and managed defects and created Reports in Quality Center and ALM.
- Report Generation in Quality Center/ALM related to defect report.
Modelling Languages: UML
Languages: SQL, SAS v8.x/9.x, SAS/BASE, SAS/SQL, VBA
Databases: MS SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2010), Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, MS Access
Visual Modelling Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio, Snagit9, Smart Draw and UML
Requirements Confidential: JIRA, Team Foundation Server (TFS), HP ALM
MS Office Tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Sharepoint
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, Load Runner
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathered business requirements through interviews, JAD sessions and observations and created the Business Requirements documentation for building UI.
- Worked on AGILE Environment with daily scrum meetings, grooming sessions, planning and sprint cycles.
- Groomed stories effectively using OneNote as an effective tool and gathered business requirements through discussions and brainstorming sessions and conducted specification reviews and walkthroughs with the designers, developers and stakeholders.
- Co-ordinated JAD sessions with Multiple Stakeholders (Customer Marketing, Security, Fraud, Sales and UX), SME’s and the End Users for feasibility studies and to discuss the functionality of the flows.
- Experience creating Mock ups based on the discussion with Business and provided the same to UX and Development team.
- Responsible for Prioritization of Stories in Version One for every Sprint.
- Co-ordinated the Triage Meetings and got the defects fixed based on priority.
- Documented the final flow of each features and presented it to End users (Sales and Marketing team) for their usage.
- Lead and followed up with defects and their fix with Post-Production Release.
- Conducted project kickoff meetings and Solution meetings with team members to explain roles / responsibilities, relationships with other groups, deliverables, timelines, assignments and status reporting.
- Interacted with business heads to finalize the product backlog for the Master piece application.
- Worked on policy coverages for home and auto and understand whole process of compliance state by state.
- Worked on Rate change for different -2 writing companies.
- Worked closely with development and Testing Team to iteratively implement and deliver functional modules throughout the duration of the project.
- Conducted functional and technical requirement gathering sessions with Stakeholders, Underwriting Managers and Operations Analysts for the Policy, Claims and Point-of-sale related modules.
- Worked closely with the project manager, business lead and technical lead to identify, research and escalate issues and risks to the appropriate work stream for resolution
- Worked with testing team to finalize confirmation criteria to make sure all scenarios are covered.
- Created and executed SQL queries in SQL analyzer to view and update data in tables.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and involved in different testing such as Integration testing, ADA testing, Multi Browser testing, Multi Device (Mobile App, Tablet) etc.
- Conducted reviews with QA team for Test Scenarios, Test plans, Test cases and analyzed Test results and involved in Defect Confidential using ALM (Quality Center - QC) and made sure those defects are efficiently passed from one layer to another.
- Facilitated customer meetings and Business design walkthroughs data definition and GUI design.
Environment: Guide wire Policy Centre, Guide wire Claim Centre, Guide wire Billing Centre, Jira, Rally, Clarity, UML, MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS Office Suite, Agile.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Involved in HIPAA/EDI Medical Claims Analysis , Design, Implementation and Documentation.
- Analyzed and documented the System specifications , Business requirements and detail design of the software for full understanding of the business and used Requisite Pro for the requirement tracking and analyzing.
- Responsible for Maneuvers through Utility and CIS , AS-400 , City Works and Neptune.
- Performed requirements analysis and design using Rational Rose and Requisite Pro .
- Conducted JAD sessions for communicating with all the project directors and stakeholders. Created process workflows, functional specifications and project initiation artifacts.
- Analyzed, documented and managed all project requirements and change to requirements throughout the software development lifecycle using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Created full life cycle documentation from product requirements in the developmental stage to functional specifications for the completed modules of application components.
- Created Use Cases , Sequence and Collaboration Diagrams to demonstrate software architecture and Developed test cases and scripts based on business requirements for the GUI, functional, User Acceptance & System Back-End testing.
- Experience in Initiates, terminates, and transfers customer's utility and CIS issuing work order to technicians.
- Worked on HL7 inbound and outbound interfaces through Mirth Connect. Define data specifications and map out data crosswalks.
- Managed various interface messages and triggers such as A01, A02, A03, A04, A05, A06, A08, A18, and other types of HL7 messages; ADT, ORM, ORU, DFT, MFN etc.
- Performed transformation and logic to the HL7 2x file formats within the clinical Interface to ensure proper structure and data flow.
- Helped QA in preparing the Test Scenarios for Health Care Claim Payment/Advice .
- Involved in writing the detailed Test Plan using HP Quality Center. Worked extensively with MS Excel.
- Tracked, analyzed, reported and resolved status, defects, problems and risks found during QA/QC activities.
- Maintained a close and strong working relationship with teammates and Confidential staff to achieve an expected QA result for the project team.
- Reviewed and evaluated all the modules of the software before delivery to users to confirm its meeting the standard criteria.
Environment: Waterfall, Windows XP/NT, UNIX, C++, Java, HTML, XML, Java Script, Oracle, Rational Requisite Pro, UML, Load Runner, Quality Centre
Sr. Business Analyst
- Involved in requirements elicitation and analysis
- As a part of AGILE team, involved in Planning session, Grooming, Daily Scrum, and Sprint UAT.
- Co-ordinated with End Users to discuss the functionality of the tool and to discuss regarding the defects that were detected.
- Was responsible to send Daily Reports and for Reconciliation of daily data extracted from the Portfolio Confidential Tool and the extracts of Database and also coordinated with Vendors to get Open Defects closed.
- Maintained the stories in Version one and updated it accordingly.
- Developed Test plans, Test cases and analyzed Test results and involved in Defect tracking using Quality Center (QC) and made sure those defects are efficiently passed from one layer to another.
- Prepared the Project Charter & Project execution plan and getting reviewed by Project stakeholders.
- Gathered requirements from business and prepare the deliverables for Plan & Analyze phase.
- Coordinated with the teams and business to get the open issues resolved.
- Involved in each Sprint Regression testing where different functionality was tested.
- Responsible to analyze and document change requests raised during the entire project duration.
- Interacted with both business & tech teams to propose high level time lines to the business.
- Constructed design approach for development and actively participated in client interactions.
- Suggested changes for the application after conducting GAP analysis .
- Identified and interacted with impacting teams and getting the timelines for support activities.
- Reviewed the test cases for System Integration Testing (SIT) & User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Environment: Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, Apache Maven, MS Project, MS Visio
- As Business Analyst responsibilities included creating test cases, scripts, test execution schedule, coordinating data set up, managing resources, creating project task plans.
- Successfully used Agile/Scrum Method for gathering requirements and facilitated user stories workshop (Grooming sessions).
- Helped the Product Owner and Scrum Master during Planning sessions .
- Participated in Requirements Walkthroughs , Defect Review Meetings, and Status Meetings.
- Demonstrated a positive attitude and standing firm and Basic understanding of SQL or similar analytical toolset
- Prepared test Data sets and performed data testing using the PL/SQL scripts . Also used MS excel for data mining, data cleansing, data mapping, data dictionary and data analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, and excellent data analytic skills
- Worked on JIRA and other tracking tools and also have knowledge about SharePoint
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business process, business rules, information needs and insured that critical requirements are not missed
- Responsible for creating test plan , test schedule , test cases, test scripts and test execution
- Responsible for test case review and created best practices for writing test cases, how to make existing test cases reusable to optimize resource time to be more productive
- Re-engineered the system to document the User interface based on the current functionality of the application
- Made Screen Mockups/Definitions using MS Visio and have experience setting up test scenarios and executing on these scenarios and worked closely with testing team to make sure all the changes made to requirements documents are implemented in their Test Cases
- Abstracted up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguished user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguished solution ideas from requirements
- Used Quality Center as the change request Confidential tool to track and manage all defects.
Environment: HP Quality Center, SOAP UI, Poster Add-on, JIRA, SQL, UML, SharePoint, MS Office.
Jr. Business AnalystResponsibilities:
- Identified the areas for improvement by reviewing and analyzing the existing online portal systems .
- Assisted senior business analysts in performing GAP analysis and documenting the Business Requirements. Functional Requirements and Non-Functional Requirements into Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs).
- Designed and developed Use Cases , Sequence and Activity Diagrams using UML .
- Created wireframes and prototypes of the new web interfaces to communicate the ideas to the business users and the Confidential teams.
- Worked closely with the UI design and development team to ensure viability of new features to ensure proper functionalities of the complete system.
- Coordinated with project manager on project activities like preparing timelines for project delivery.
- Actively assisted senior business analyst in preparing test cases and test scenarios and working closely with testing team to resolve outstanding defects.
- Created UAT Test cases and assisted senior business analysts in conducting UAT tests.
Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP) Methodology, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office Suite, HTML, SQL.