Detailed-oriented Senior Financial Analyst with a background in:
- Proven track record of driving the collection, consolidation, and interpretation of financial results to facilitate executive- level decision making
- Strong analytical skills; supporting business operations through analysis of key performance indicators and trends
- Consensus-driven communicator; able to work across various business units and promote organizational success
Confidential, 2006 - 2012 Assistant VP/ Senior Financial Analyst, Charlotte, North Carolina Consumer Finance - Retail Distribution Channel Managed and provided financial guidance for a $55MM in yearly expense savings portfolio of banking centers being consolidated to achieve better optimization of retail distribution channel.Assisted in managing $30MM in annual expenses for banking center minor/major renovation and new store execution programs by providing insight into financial risks and opportunitiesin supporting key business decisions.
- Introduced strategic modeling that would enable the retail distribution group in understanding new store performance and the financial impact of consolidations and relocations in the top 10 U.S. markets,
- Provided structure, process, and analysis to ensure that monthly expense trends were monitored against plan and forecast,
- Provided execution strategy, financial, and market impacts of increase store consolidations during Project New BAC aimed at exiting low performing markets and to achieve multi-year expense savings of $200MM.
Enterprise Profitability Measurement and Information Completing monthly analysis and validation of volumes trends, rates, and other Activity Based Costing (ABC) related costs (i.e.: Technology, Marketing, Service and Fulfillment). Provided education and training to business partners on Profitability reporting /ABC methodologies, access, and usage.
- Led the implementation of new ABC rates for Debt and Equity products by coordinating with Global Markets finance partners to update/create cost studies totaling $3.3B in 2008 total non-interest expense
- Streamlined monthly income statement and balance sheet variance analysis being used by senior managers to make key decisions on profitability implementation strategies,
- Participated in Merrill Lynch merger integration projects by collecting/consolidating financial data from different source systems needed to support the consolidation of new productlines into a new investment banking system
Global Markets Group Operations Acted as the liaison between line of business and finance teams concerning a variety of financial issues that included month-end close activities, cost allocations, and reconciling internal reporting to the general ledger.
- Streamlined financial reporting to better highlight factors driving favorable/unfavorable variance to plan and forecast,
- Introduced standard costing into the Global Fixed Income and Equities operations planning process that provided a better insight into how business volumes directly affects monthly expense targets,
Confidential, 2002 - 2005 Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis Group, Mooresville, North Carolina Supported store operations by performing multiple forecasting, budgeting, and ad hoc analysis assignments. Reviewed and analyzed data concerning a variety of financial issues and projects.
- Proactively identified and analyzed store prototype, merchandise, and large/small market trends to understand factors affecting store sales and margin performance in a particular region
- Led the streamlining of store operations financial reporting and developed key metrics used for business performance review with senior management and the Board of Directors,
Confidential, 1997- 2001 Financial Analyst, Xerox Business Services, Charlotte, North Carolina Xerox Business Services Division, 1998 Malcolm Balridge National Quality Award Winner Assisted in the preparation of analysis of business results versus plan to understand the operation’s cost structure and close any existing revenue/cost gaps. Performed monthly financial reviews, variance analysis, month-end close activities, and ad hoc requests.
- Managed a forecast/budget of approximately $250MM
- Performed various fixed asset audits that helped save $5MM in annual equipment expense costs,
EDUCATION:Master of Business Administration, Business Management Bachelor of Arts, Economics Certificate of Management, Accounting/Finance and Marketing
RELEVANT SKILLS: Proficient in MS Office environment, native speaker of Spanish, Oracle Financial Analyzer, Peoplesoft, Insight, Microstrategy, Hyperion, Activity Based Costing (ABC), Fund Transfer Pricing (FTP), excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent analytical skills, strong work ethic, and experienced in multi-tasking