- I am a seasoned Business Analyst, with over 15 years in the financial industry.
- I have a proven expertise in Communications (Presentation and Facilitation) as well as Business Analysis, PMLC and Change Management. I possess excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to translate Business Requirements into Technical Specifications. Highly skilled in Microsoft Suite (Visio, Powerpoint, MS Word and MS Project) as well as Excel and Access.
- 15+ years progressive experience in full time and consulting in the Banking and Insurance sectors
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop strong relationships
- Strong verbal and visual communication
- Strong analytical skills and a Customer Centric problem solving approach
- Strong technical skills, particularly in the Reporting and Data Mining solutions
- Business Analysis and Documentation, Requirements Gathering
- Process Modeling, PMLC, SDLC
- Communication, Meeting Facilitation, Stakeholders Management
- Change Control & Change Management, Vendor Relationship Management
- Expert level in Excel including Macros and Pivot tables, SQL expertise
- Testing (Planning and Test Cases - SIT/UAT), Testing Execution (SIT/UAT)
- Expert level in Excel (Macros, Pivot tables)
- SQL and PLSQL expertise
- Reporting Tools: Actuate 7, Microstrategy, Cognos, Impromptu, PowerPlay, Transformer, Crystal Reports
- Microsoft Complete Microsoft Office (MS) Suite Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Client Specific Confidential, ACBS, Online Banking, FRS, PSGL, Service Now
- Gathered requirements related to RFQ (Request for Quote) selection criteria for a Private Confidential fund administration client.
- Developed RFQ triage scorecard based on client criteria.
- Participated in the analysis and Compiled RFQ results from close to ten participating vendors.
- Documented the Requirements for the Service Now implementation for Portfolio Management (Lifecycle and Partner Management).
- Facilitated the workshops between Portfolio Management (Lifecycle and Partner Management) and downstream groups: PDL; DCS etc.
- Managed the cutover from Rivermine and other legacy tools to Service Now. This encompasses the Launch of Service Now for all new projects as well as the Migration of existing projects from Rivermine to Service NowDeveloped and Implemented a Dashboard Report in Excel using Visual Basic script that pulls and transforms the data from an in-house built application and tracks a watch-list of Projects Milestones for all LOBs.
- Prepared and published Powerpoint presentations to Executives of various LOB's to communicate Health trends and prepare for the biweekly Status meetings.
- Completed Data Mapping source-to-target systems and participated in the conversion of legacy data into the new platform.
- Supported LOBs with intake process Analysis and investigation as well as updating the data captured in the Project Pipeline Tool which feeds into the Milestone Dashboard reporting.
- Analyzed and documented the current state processes for the Quality Control as well as the QA requirements for the HPP Onshore roles (Scrubber and QC) to overlay onto the existing QA process.
- Documented requirements and facilitated the implementation of the HPP GOW workflow tool to track and report all escalations for the HPP Advancing team.
- Worked with the Project manager throughout the PMLC to document and facilitate sign off at the various stages of the project (assisted during the Project Implementation review as part of the project closure).
- Aligned execution of the reporting tool to the PMLC steps required to Procured sign-offs and facilitated the implementation of the Confidential ’s workflow tool (GOW) (including access for both onshore and offshore teams
- Procured sign-offs and facilitated the implementation of the GOW workflow tool (including access for both onshore and offshore teams). Participated in the development of operational process enhancements to increase efficiencies within HPP SRT
- Developed training material and conducted training sessions for the HPP SRT team as well as the TCS (offshore) SRTs.
- Conducted requirement gathering for SRT Management and Operational reporting and developed all reports related to HPP SRT.
- Participated in the development of operational process enhancements to increase efficiencies within HPP SRT.
- Built and managed a tracking tool application using Macros within Excel to track and report all escalations for the HPP Advancing team.
- Conducted requirement gathering sessions including: interviews, JAD sessions and workshops to develop an enterprise-wide scorecard for Direct Channels in order to enhance the non-financial reporting capabilities of the department.
- Aligned the Fixed Assets reporting of the various departments in order to migrate the disparate reporting systems onto an enterprise reporting platform. Enhanced the overall effectiveness of Fixed Assets reporting resulting in enterprise-wide reporting access.
- Worked with the Project manager throughout the PMLC to document and facilitate sign off at the various stages of the project.
- Developed and managed a tracking tool application using Macros within Excel. Contributed to tracking a large volume of Booking Point migrations related to the Close Balance Sheets Project.
- Facilitated Project team meetings and updated the IAD and tracking logs. Communicated recommended actions and decisions to the Project and Executive Management team by documenting meeting minutes and follow-up emails.
- Documented the Business Requirements (BRD) and conducted comprehensive walk-through sessions. Obtained required consensus and signoffs from the various Stakeholders.
- Compared Production and Test environments to identify and eliminate gaps and duplications. Supported end-users during all phases of testing as well as implementation.
- Supported TD Insurance users during the integration of TD Insurance/Meloche into the Financial Reporting System.
- Conducted gap analyses in the Data between numerous source and production environments to ensure data integrity while running full test reporting cycles including Data mapping, report generation and Hyperion file generation.
- Managed the synchronization of the FRS UAT environment following monthly maintenance in Production in order to ensure the General Chart of Accounts (GCA) strings were accurately mapped.
- Identified and eliminate Data discrepancies ensuring data integrity with Hyperion reporting tool.
Senior Business Analyst (Contract)
- Developed and executed a Requirements Work Plan to detail out the work effort involved in requirements gathering for a Common Login Phase2 Initiative within Confidential Online Insurance Line of Business (Interviews, JAD, Workshops). Documented High Level Requirements (HLR), Document Business Requirements Document (BRD), Conduct Walkthrough sessions to secure consensus and sign off
- Conducted requirements, facilitated walkthrough sessions and documented the Business Requirements Document for Common Client Login Phase 3 (Direct Investing / Dominion Securities); Sign-In Page Enhancements.
- Conducted requirements, facilitated walkthrough sessions and documented the Business Requirements Document for RIF/LIF/PRIF/RESP Online Enhancements; GIC Maturity Instructions & Mutual Fund Switching.
Senior Business Analyst
- Managed the entire Production Change Request (PCR) process for Confidential from requirements to implementation. Administered the MIS Reporting Request ( Confidential ) process for Confidential to address the internal and external reporting requirements of Trade Finance Operations.
- Ran weekly status meeting with Credit Services and Trade Finance development teams to ensure that action items were addressed and to table any new issues and requirements. Run bi-weekly Production Change Request (PCR) meeting with Trade Finance operations management team to understand change request and determine priority.
MIS Analyst/Consultant (Contract)
- Led initiatives to determine the best data quality management processes concerning change management, workflow and communication. Acted as a point of contact between the Decision Support Services and the rest of the business community.
- Developed and tested reports and metrics on several different reporting initiatives using Microstrategy
- Ran a gap analysis to determine the state of metric definitions and presented findings to senior management. Developed large risk analysis reports in Excel using output from Microstrategy