- Over nine years of experience working as a business systems analyst for software development within retail, financial, mortgage, & healthcare industries.
- Proven skillset as an efficient business process engineer with a thorough knowledge of software development life cycle.
- In - depth knowledge of Rational Unified Process (RUP); risk engineering; data modeling and mapping; and design using UML, Rational Rose, Visio and other related tools.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and interviewed Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), requesting detailed functionality aspects of business process and carefully updating the information to the requirements in an easily understandable format.
- Demonstrated ability to work actively in different phases of SDLC in teams, fostered cooperation and collaboration among individuals in the work unit and helped team resolve conflicts constructively.
- Experience in analyzing Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) and propose changes as per various internal and external requirements gathered for process improvement.
- Excellent writing skills in generating project charters, project plans, Business Requirements documents, USE Case Specifications Test Plan, Risk Management Plan and Publishing Regular Reports with status and metrics.
- Proven ability to reduce costs during the software development phase.
- Excellent leadership skills including issue management, conflict resolution, business and process analysis, and team building and staff management.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of various Quality Assurance and reporting tools.
- Expertise in Database Querying and writing SQL Queries
- Expertise in writing training manuals to train end users
- Have a good understanding of the ETL business flow between end users and senior developers.
- Applied SQL Management Studio software to Extract, Transform, and Load Data from Excel spreadsheets as well as many other sources.
- Current knowledge in the retail industry such as product management, inventory control, pricing, employee management as well as merchandising.
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills; expert at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have worked on multiple projects with Both on-shore and off shore teams.
- Expertise in handling teams that are working outside the same geographic region.
- Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Agile methodology
- Waterfall SDLC
- Caliber RM
- Rational Suite (RequisitePro
- MS Office Suite
- Oracle (7.3, 9i)
- Toad 7.x
- SQL Server 2005
- Web 2.0
- Visual Basic 6.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Crystal Reports 10
- XML JDK 1.4
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
- Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
- Talisma CRM Manager
- Windows 2000/XP.
Confidential, Richfield, MN
Senior Business Analyst/Product Manager
- Prepared business requirements document and conducted GAP analysis of as-is and to-be business processes
- Assisted end-users in articulating business requirements and coordinated workshops and brain storming sessions
- Conducted Use Case survey and created Use Case documents.
- Got sign offs from all relevant project stakeholders on all project deliverables
- Analyzed and managed organizational change impact on the current systems environment, people and process
- Worked on determining and tracking KPI’s for product
- Worked on tracking benefit for the products over the period of time to track revenue
- Worked on developing and enhancing mDot Applications for iOS, Android and Windows phones and tablets.
- Extensively used MS Project 2010 for a Project Management project and applied concepts of work breakdown structure, resource allocation, risk management, network flows, cost and schedule variance
- Evaluated and analyzed variances in deadlines, tasks, milestones and resource loading
- Facilitated project meetings including scheduling, recording and distributing minutes, and following up on action items
- Experienced in interacting with business users and executives to identify their needs, gathering requirements and authoring Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Project Charter and Project Approach Documents
- Understood the Business Logic, User Requirements and test-objectives to develop Use Case Scenarios
- Expertise in facilitating and conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with Business Clients to identify business rules, functional and non-functional requirements
- Analyzed the current system for the performance issues and the size of content stored
- Identified the issue involved in current system workflow and provided a better and efficient workflow solution
- Provided improvised workflow solutions in the new system
- Understood the external impacted systems and provided the same functionality in new system with minimum impact to the external systems.
- Worked closely with Business SME's managers for better understanding of risk/issues involved in Document storage
- Proficient in MS VISIO to make Use Case models, Activity Diagrams, and Business Process work flows
- Created monthly/weekly status reports to update the project schedules & deliverable plan to Business and Portfolio Project Manager
- Expert in working with multiple offshore teams to make them understand what business is looking for to be build in the project
- Worked with development team in India for coordinating different development effort.
- Worked with testing team who was located in Manila, Philippines whom I worked closely for enormous testing.
Software Environment: Agile methodology, Waterfall SDLC, Rational Suite (RequisitePro, DDM, ClearQuest, ClearPro), MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Project, SharePoint, JIRA, Rally, Windows 7, MS Access, Oracle DB, Documentum.
Confidential, Saint Paul, MN
Senior Business Analyst
- Prepared Business Requirements (BRD) and Use cases for the FSI initiative to deliver a global strategic adjustment service across the CFO organization, to support all Finance adjustment activities for Product Control and Financial Accounting functions.
- Expert in developing Business Process Models that involved enhancements, modifications, and new features for new application which allowed the user to view personal financial information as well as their personal investments.
- Documented new requirements for new account openings and followed the project life cycle.
- Performed deep dive analysis of open issues by product (security/entity type), including analysis of system architecture, data flows from Front Office trade capture system to the GL, data models, and unique functionality based on the business migration plans (e.g. provisions functionality for Loans product).
- Worked closely with the business to agree scope and prioritize functionality. Documented current state systems architecture and data flow across the trade life cycle from upstream trade capture systems to downstream reporting systems, and the impact on the P&L adjustments flows across all products. (Prime Services, Cash Securities, Listed Derivatives, Swaps, Options, Futures, Repos, Loans, Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, etc)
- Conducted day-to-day meetings with SMEs and working groups required for brain storming sessions, reviews, and sign-offs of draft and final version of the BRD
- Liaised with IT to ensure that Functional Specification Documents, prototyping and GUI designs would be in line with business expectations, as well as strategic target delivery for the FSI initiative
- Provided project governance, status reporting, issue and risk tracking, project plan updates, dependency management and other project controls/communication.
- Assisted in creating User Acceptance Testing for new enhancements on the project following the V-Model project life cycle.
Software Environment: Agile methodology, Rational Suite (RequisitePro, DDM, ClearQuest, ClearPro, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Project, Maximo, Business Objects, Web 2.0, Windows XP
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Business Analyst
- Assisted Development of Vendor Contract strategic document - Identified new business rules, statement of work, and service level of agreement.
- Conducted JAD sessions, walkthrough meetings, review meeting etc.
- Created Vendor Management Project Plan, Negotiations, Migration Plan, Communication plan, Vision Document using RUP as Continuum moved to the new platform from existing LMS Universe.
- Identified user requirements, business rules, business processes and translated them into functional requirement (BRD using RUP)
- Expert in developing Business Process Models that involved enhancements, modifications, and new features for existing application.
- Knowledge discovery & migration to a new platform, parallel run of both systems and experience in decommissioning the old system.
- Conducted sessions with developers to explain the user requirements and understand the system changes required to facilitate these changes
- Conducted walk through meetings with testing team to explain them the various changes made to the system that needs to be tested before implementation
- Helped the testing team in making up the test strategies and test plans to be used in the testing process
- Responsible for signing off on the test strategy document which explains the testing methodology being adopted by the testing team
- Created Use Case scenarios and interfaces using UML methodology.
- Identified new business process using UML.
- Developed Business Case, ROI, 5 year benefits including incremental, hard and soft benefits.
- Formalized and tracked issue log, risk, plans, actions items, gap analysis etc.
- Have worked with offshore development team.
Software Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Caliber RM, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, Quality Center, Toad 7.x, SQL Server 2005, ClearQuest, ClearPro, MS Office Suite, MS Visio
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Implemented the SDLC for the developing life cycle and followed the standards process in the application.
- Translated business requirements into functional requirements and approaches for developers.
- Provided management support to the offshore End-to-End integration/ Regression Test Team.
- Workflow documentation and comprehensive training to the healthcare clients.
- Analyzed corporate healthcare business processes to develop customized solutions.
- Working with Medicare operational management to monitor, trend and report on operational metrics such as timeliness, workload, and staff trending, customer satisfaction, and other key measures to facilitate performance excellence.
- Interacted with healthcare clients to gather requirements, objectives, and input and output requirements.
- Developed test cases and scripts for front end testing.
- Performed execution of test cases manually to verify expected results.
- Ensured the accuracy and consistency of the data during the data loading process.
- Developed Use case, Functional, Object diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Responsible for architecting integrated HIPAA, Medicare solutions, Facets.
- Was involved in managing the Daily Standup meetings and also ensured that quality standards were enforced as per the build-release schedule.
- Developed a detailed test plan and test cases to cover all the requirements.
- Developed Flowchart and process diagram using Microsoft Visio.
- Analyzed data architecture, documented and delivered data mapping, performed risk analysis.
- Frequently communicated with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Have worked with offshore development team that was in various locations in India.
Software Environment: SQL, Test Director, MS Office, UML, Rational Rose, Windows XP.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Acted as a liaison between the developers and management staff and was instrumental in resolving conflicts between the management and technical teams.
- Conducted meetings/interviews and JAD sessions with stakeholders to collect business requirements. This information along with the vision document was used to transform business requirements into System Requirement Specifications.
- Prepared business workflow models that cover "How" business processes are accomplished.
- Identified the business requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and documenting it in MS Excel and MS Visio for the developers.
- Conducted milestones planning of the project through walkthroughs and meetings involving various leads from development, QA and technical support teams.
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Rational Requisite Pro.
- Created Analysis Model and Data Model and used these artifacts to develop the Design Model: Class Diagrams, Collaboration, and Sequence Diagrams.
- Created Use Case Model and detailed use cases in conjunction with the project team to define the features of the application and to be used by the development team.
- Helped the QA team to devise the test plan for the application by explaining the vision document and the business case.
- Attended change request meetings to document corresponding changes and implemented procedures for enforcing changes through defect tracking using Rational Clear Quest.
- Have worked closely with testing team in Manila.
Software Environment: UML, MS Visio, Rational Requisite pro, Enterprise Architect, MS Office, Enterprise Architect, Quick Test Pro, MS SharePoint, Mercury Test Director.
Confidential, Franklin, MA
- Interfaced with the client as part of the Requirements Engineering team to finalize the project scope.
- Assisted the PM in developing Use Cases and project plans and also managed changes to the scope of the project.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered Requirements, analyzed the Requirements and managed changes using Rational Suite.
- Conducted interviews with end-users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Developed business process models in RUP to document existing and future business processes.
- Performed extensive Requirement Analysis including data analysis and gap analysis.
- Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Participated in various stages of data and requirement analysis for project needs.
- Identified internal and external system requirements, design and configuration set-up, created User Documentation and conducted training classes.
- Developed business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan.
- Involved in technical writing, which included analysis, review and approval of the trading system documentation.
- Participated in JAD sessions with relevant business Units to optimize workflow.
- Assumed ownership of Use Case Diagrams, Use Case narratives and other various artifacts.
- Assisted PM by maintaining artifacts and portions of the project binder.
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document to the project team.
- Assisted the Project Manager to develop both high-level and detailed application architecture to meet user requests and business needs.
- Involved in writing training manual.
- Performed task decomposition, delegated tasks and monitored project milestones using MS Project.
- Assisted the PM in performing Risk Assessment, Management and Mitigation.
Software Environment: UNIX / Oracle Platform, MS Visio, RUP, Rational Rose, JCL, Rational Clear Quest, Wealth management, TLM, SQL, ITIL, Rational Clear Case.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Business Analyst/Quality Assurance AnalystResponsibilities:
- Conducted JAD sessions with business analysts, senior developers, and end users to create new life insurance codes and update business flows.
- Assisted senior developers in developing new SQL queries to push compensation data to the correct wholesalers in specific territories.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed the requirements and managed changes.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to gather clear and concise requirements for Database Administrators.
- Worked closely with technical staff to validate business requirements and expectations
- Worked on open tickets using E-Ticket.
- Consistently worked with SME’s to develop and update business process flows for new requirements coming from key stakeholders.
Software Environment: Windows XP, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Office Suite, Informatica, Salesforce.com