- Overall 8 years experience in requirements analysis and specification, development, testing and tracking deliveries of software applications using Oracle 10g / 9i, PL / SQL, SQL *Plus, Oracle Forms 10/6.0, Reports 6i, Java, ASP.Net, UML, HTML, Oracle Discoverer (Business Intelligence Tool), Microsoft Project and Visio, with over 5 years experience working in the US.
- Solid experience in translating user requirements into System design/functional specifications, i.e., Business Process Requirements (BPR) and System Software Requirements (SSR).
- Responsible for tracking projects using RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix) & MPP (Microsoft Project), planning resources, meeting required deadlines, maintaining scope & quality for support calls and enhancements of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong business process analysis skills with the experience of implementing Business Process Models in mid to large size projects. Demonstrative experience in requirement change management, defining the data requirements, preparing data flow diagrams, data dictionaries and data mappings.
- Created and modified several PL/SQL procedures, Oracle Database Triggers, Oracle Forms and Views.
- Proficient in Oracle Discoverer - Business Intelligence tool.
- Excellent understanding of RDBMS and OOPS concepts. Performed basic Database management activities like import / export of database, monitoring sessions, identifying and killing sessions causing deadlocks.
- Have Experience of handling requirements from nearly 20 insurance clients across Property & Casualty Insurance, Medical Malpractice Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance lines of business. Requirements encompassed the Underwriting, Claims, Billing and Reinsurance Modules of insurance.
- Competent in estimation using Work Breakdown Structure technique (WBS) and Program Complexity (PCM) techniques.
- Liaison between the business users and the development team during feasibility, functional analysis, development and support phase.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good leadership qualities and very versatile
- Good sense of teamwork, integrity, aptitude to learn, and ability to put in sustained quality effort consistently.
Methodologies: OOAD, JAD, Modified Waterfall, Agile
GUI: Visual Basic 6.0, Oracle Forms 6.0/10, Reports
Databases: Oracle 8.0/10g, Microsoft Access 97
Languages: UML, SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, HTML
OS: DOS, Windows 95, 98, NT, XP
Internet Technology: HTML, ASP.Net (Familiar with)
Tools: MS Project, MS PowerPoint, Toad, Visio, SQL Developer, PVCS
Business Intelligence (BI): Oracle Discoverer
Confidential, New Jersey
Senior Business Analyst
- Project planning and management as a Team leader working with a 10 member team offshore.
- Systems analysis, requirements specification, enhancements design, review of effort estimates, user support activities, project tracking, change management, testing and release.
- Managing customer expectations for multiple support projects concurrently. Responsible for periodic customer updates and controlling escalations.
- Identification of potential enhancements for customers and other areas of revenue.
- Business Process Study for implementations
- Functional Analysis of issues reported and ensuring critical issues are addressed within a less response time.
- Analysis and functional specification of enhancements requested by Clients.
- Liaison between the customer and the development team to meet delivery timelines.
- Preparing and executing unit and system test plans and test cases.
- Requirement Analysis of nearly 20 clients across the globe, as a member of the Requirements Analysis Group. Was responsible for the accurate understanding, validation and specification of the client’s requirements, providing support to the development team throughout the SDLC of the project and ensuring that the delivery conformed to the specified requirements. Was also involved in the design and testing of the same.
- Acquiring a deep understanding of every module of the product and the ability to quickly ascertain the impact of new requirements on the existing product (across modules), as well as the grouping of similar requirements across clients.
- Developed a tool, using Forms 6.0 and Oracle, to aid Requirements analysis and management. The tool handled the prioritization and classification of requirements along with the estimation and assignment to projects.
- Responsible for estimation of nearly 10-15 customizations and product enhancements. Has used both the Work breakdown structure (WBS) technique and the Program Complexity Method (PCM) of estimation.
- Developed several interface screens using Oracle Forms, large number of PL / SQL procedures, database triggers.
- Created several reports using Oracle Reports in varying formats to be integrated with different versions of the Premia application.
- Brief role as a Junior Software Quality Auditor (SQA). Responsible for checking the Process Compliance of a project, and aiding the quality team.
Tools: and Environment: Forms 6i, Oracle 8, Reports 6i, MS-Word, MS-Excel, Visio, Snagit, Oracle Discoverer BI tool
- Underwent rigorous training in technical tools of SQL and Oracle Forms Developer as well as an in-depth Product Training to enable a strong understanding of the product.
- Worked on the resolution of Premia issues reported by overseas clients using Forms6i/Reports 6i.
- Was identified as a potential Software quality auditor for internal purposes and trained on Software Development Life Cycle concepts (SDLC) and quality processes for the same.