B. Eng Chemical Engineering
Relevant Coursework: Engineering Economy, Statistics, Math Modeling for Economics, Computer programming in C++, Senior Design Project, Mathematical Logic, General Chemical Engineering Curriculum.
Activities:Member and Social Chair of Alpha Omicron Pi sorority. Mentorship of inner city school children through Vanderbuddies program. Participant in theSynergy community service project.
Confidential, Nashville, TN March 2009-Present
Business Analyst – Technical Project Manager
Confidential is a leading underground petroleum storage operational compliance and information management services organization.
- Product marketing/training liaison between clients, operations and development
- Improve marketing, user ability and efficiency of specific user interface for a key software product redesign
- Reduce outsourced programming time by 20% through development of technical requirements for key software functionalities
- Lead quality assurance testing for software development/changes, reducing bugs and customer complaints by 70%.
- Specify key enhancements for sustaining products, automating previously manual processes, reducing company/client exchange time by 50% and minimizing manual/human error.
Confidential, Nashville, TN August 2008-December 2008
Intern for Jana Lisle, CFP, CIMA
- Created Client Performance Reports through data collection and market analysis
- Managed client accounts in UBS Consult Works system
- Handled complete written communication and correspondence between Jana Lisle and her clients
Confidential, Buffalo, NY May-August 2007
Intern for E.J. Lightfoot, Dupont Fellow
- Worked in product development in the Display Films and Coatings Business
- Headed project for possible patent and commercial use of a product for DuPont.
- Created ternary phase diagrams for solvent-based systems
- Researched physical and chemical properties of nano-foams and the effects of air speed and drying temperature.
- Researched the phase properties of the water/acetone/PMMA system.
- Reduced manufacturing cost by 40% by substituting a raw material
Confidential, Taipei, Taiwan July-August 2006
- Taught English literature and sports instruction to Taiwanese children, ages 6-14.
- Served as a mentor and chaperone on field trips throughout the greater Taipei area.
- Led small English reading groups for a class of 25, ages 6-7.
- National Minority Leadership Awards recipient (2003), National Merit Commended Scholar, National Honor Roll, National Honor Society, Spanish National Honor Society, United States Achievement Academy
- Mathematica, Matlab, Aspen, C++
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Visio and Expression Web (HTML) for website design
- Experience with Six-Sigma project design
- Proficient in Spanish