- More than 14 years’ experience in software business analysis, client & project management, requirements analysis, use case/user story definition, development of wireframes, process and data flow diagrams - with finely-honed business presentation, technical writing and editing skills.
- Expert user of MS Office, MS Project, Excel, Visio, JustInMind, RoboHelp, Wiki, SharePoint, IssueTracker, SQL querying, JIRA, Clarity and related BA & PM tools for editing, wire-framing, prototyping, testing & reporting.
- Excellent presentation and project reporting skills. Able to confidently participate in or lead client and management meetings, and provide well-formed reports and presentations in support of project related work.
- Ability to analyze and develop high value business requirements, use case/user story definitions, wireframes and process diagrams - on multiple concurrent projects - while effectively managing client and organizational schedules and relationships.
- Experience in defining product roadmap, client account management, providing pre-sales support, resource balancing across multiple projects, RFP generation/response, cost benefit analysis, gap analysis, definition and implementation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and other such project/product management initiatives.
- Strong JAD/JAM Lead, Scrum Master, Scribe, and SME interview and requirements analysis.
- Actively led UAT testing efforts - documenting test cases according to a well-defined template, and using earlier defined BRDs, usecase/user stories and business reqs as seed test cases; actively discovered, defined and reported on bugs/issues and new project development efforts for multiple internet and client based development projects.
- In-depth experience with eCommerce, advertising, Insurance, eMarketing, ERP/CRM development and integrations, SEM/SEO, web-analytics, affiliate programs, streaming media, high transaction processing, data/system integrations, retail sites, inventory mgmt, music & video streaming and more.
- Proven ability to take over faltering projects and lead them to a successful finish.
Business Analyst, Long Beach, CA
- Perform business analysis and project management tasks related to maintenance of existing Confidential State sites, as well as definition, development and implementation of new Confidential.
- Authored multiple large Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) based on client interviews, state and federal laws, healthcare regulations and multiple other sources, then iteratively worked with clients to update/edit the BRDs and supporting process diagrams & wireframes, and ultimately gained Business sign-off of the requirements documents.
- Also presented business approved BRDs to IT and Management groups, performed training on various Molina Member systems (Website, Member/Provider Portals and Provider Online Directories); created UAT test scripts, then led and participated in UAT testing efforts.
- Reason for leaving: At the beginning of this year, Molina extended my 6 month contract indefinitely. Recent legislation in Congress, though, has put the entire Molina Member base at risk, while Molina stock prices have plummeted $10 per share in the past week alone.
Business System Analyst, Santa Monica, CA
- Completed a six month contract to perform business analysis related to migration from Confidential ’s legacy software systems to a more modern, robust, and unified solution.
- Regularly meet with clients & SME's in Finance, Development, Business Affairs, Legal & Production departments - as well as external payroll & media companies - to define current and "to be" business processes related to replacement of legacy software; define and develop workflow diagrams, user stories, use cases,
- Business Requirements Document (BRD); define and develop well-formed documents, and templates for notifications, forms, ticklers & reports; perform data & rules mapping between legacy and "to be" system; record and review meeting minutes; definition, upkeep and distribution of content using Sharepoint; use Clarity to perform project management & resource tracking; use JIRA to track & resolve issues - working in an Agile hybrid environment.
- Confidential is happy with my work, but my work is now nearly complete: my contract is up in a week and I am looking for the next great thing.
Business System Analyst, Santa Ana, CA
- Accepted a six month contract (extended to nice months) to perform business analysis, lead client/SME requirements sessions, perform requirements definition, documentation, configuration, testing and deployment of a new Insbridge (Oracle-owned/based) Title Rating software application; respond to and resolve client-generated trouble tickets related to Confidential ’s legacy title insurance rating system;
- Regularly use MS Excel, MS Word, SharePoint, Project, Visio and a suite of proprietary websites and title rating calculators.
- This job required that I hit the ground running and quickly become proficient in the use of extremely complex title rating algorithms and Title Insurance industry regulations.
- Extensive background check and ethics testing/training was required.
- I enjoy the challenge of this job, but would enjoy a more vibrant work environment.
- I look forward to moving back to the West LA area.
Business Analyst / Project Manager, Torrance, CA
- Accepted three separate contracts to perform business analysis and project management roles on varied projects;
- Responsible for delivery of use-case based requirements definitions and supporting wireframes, process flows, sequence and use case diagrams.
- Used and administrated MS SharePoint as project/document repository;
- Led JAM/JAD sessions with stakeholders, SMEs and small user groups - and created surveys (via Survey Monkey) to derive requirements from the entire user/dealer base; D
- Defined requirements in client specified (use case-based) format;
- Performed data and business rule mapping between new applications and various legacy data stores; defined and delivered lo-fi and mid-fi wireframes using Visio and JustInMind;
- Used Visio to create multiple supporting process flows, use case and wireframe diagrams. Specific projects included:
Project Manager / Business Analyst
- Successfully completed a 12 month contract to project manage & perform business analysis tasks during development and implementation of a real estate website and lead generation solution - using Agile methodology - all within a customized, fully integrated, Drupal / Sugar CRM environment.
- Also managed realtor SMEs & interviews, and performed UAT testing; queried SQL housing DB for seed data, developed and delivered project roadmap, scope and budget; performed Scrum Master role, business analysis and UAT testing of numerous web projects, submitted weekly progress reports and presented bi-weekly management presentations and updates; re-aligned project queue based on results of daily scr um meetings & bi-weekly release schedule and bug reports; responsible for creation and implementation of a large AdWords campaign and other SEM initiatives.
Project Manager, Manhattan Beach, CA
- Accepted a 6 month direct hire contract to project manage and administrate the definition and implementation of multiple site enhancements, monthly web campaigns, tracking pixels, Confidential campaigns and various SEO/SEM improvements
- Monitored effectiveness of web campaigns via Google Analytics and web analytics software; Defined and delivered Excel-based weekly KPI (Key Performance Indicator) reports to determine effectiveness of Creative and Development teams.
- My role was to maintain current systems and marketing campaigns, while another firm replaced the legacy ecommerce site with Magento.
Contract Project Manager/Business Analyst, Venice, CA
- Project managed a large music training/ecommerce site using Site Builder, MS Storefront and CuteChat. Led requirements sessions, documented requirements and project managed small (3 person) development team; also performed UAT testing/reporting.
- Project managed and performed business analysis in the delivery of a Flash Lite 3.1-based game (partially ported from Flash 8) for use on a Windows Mobile 6.0 device. Managed off-shore development team, tracked project via MS Project, created use cases and supporting diagrams.
- Project managed and performed business analysis on several small Ecommerce and art websites for local (Venice, CA & Southbay) entrepreneurs. Used open source technologies (Drupal, ZenCart, xcart, etc.) to install, develop and deploy websites. Also setup & administered SEO/SEM campaigns, A/B testing, tracking pixels & Google Adword campaigns.
Producer / Project Manager, Greenwich, CT
- Managed the Migration/Integration of newly acquired users and systems into the existing Tribeca user base and systems, Management and definition of a new self-service affiliate tracking portal; Definition and management of a MachineID/anti-fraud project to uniquely identify each player workstation in the network;
- Work with clients to set Road Map expectations and, when appropriate, champion and manage development of new features to the core poker software;
- Define & manage development of “skinned” version of the client application and supporting client websites.
- Managed local resources on tasks related to core-code development; regularly queried user DB to find candidates for targeted marketing mailings; managed off-shore resources on tasks such as client “skinning”, graphics production, development of marketing material, etc.
- The company was forced to sell to a non-USA firm in light of legislation which criminalized the development of online poker software within the USA.
Sr. Project Mgr. / Integration Mgr
- Accepted a six month contract (which turned into 12 months) with a large, "real money gaming" firm to integrate the 1.2 million user base, data, and system functionality of a newly acquired company (i.e. a new "gaming site") into the company's existing, much larger, legacy user base and systems.
- In addition to delivering the integration on-schedule and on-target, regularly used MS Project (with resource pooling) to lead multiple geographically dispersed, yet maddeningly intertwined, software development projects;
- Managed the build-out and opening of a new datacenter near CA; primary in-charge of implementing an internal Wiki (an open-source knowledge-management tool) into the company's internal SDLC and administrative processes;
- Provided weekly reports of progress to CEO and other senior management, and gave company-wide presentations of project schedules and accomplishments and up-coming goals.